spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 285 of 1,513.
#14201 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Did OBJ hurt you?

Nah I don't hang out at bathhouses.

#14202 4 years ago

A lot of that is Belichick's ego for sure. He is trying to prove he can make any player with any problem fit his system. Great winning coach, but he is no Don Shula.

#14203 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A lot of that is Belichick's ego for sure. He is trying to prove he can make any player with any problem fit his system. Great winning coach, but he is no Don Shula.

I think he just wants to win. If they don’t fit he just gets rid of them. Belichick gambled on AB for one reason, and that reason is the Chiefs. He wants the AFC championship to go through Foxborough. Noone can touch them this year except the Chefs. Plus he figured between AB and Gordon that hopefully one of them makes it through the whole season. I don’t see that happening. Gordon’s mind is broken too.

#14204 4 years ago

Good point, but he sure brings in guys with some heavy baggage sometimes.

Quoted from vicjw66:

Noone can touch them this year except the Chefs.

I'm hoping the Chargers can get their kicking situation in order because the rest of the team is ready to rumble again.
Peter-Noone-still-going-strong (resized).jpgPeter-Noone-still-going-strong (resized).jpg

#14205 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Good point, but he sure brings in guys with some heavy baggage sometimes.
But as far as this-

I'm hoping the Chargers can get their kicking situation in order because the rest of the team is ready to rumble again.[quoted image]

Ekeler is gonna make it the whole season without getting hurt? Ha!

#14206 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Ekeler is gonna make it the whole season without getting hurt? Ha!

I'm just hoping he can make it thru half the season without fumbling again.

#14207 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm just hoping he can make it thru half the season without fumbling again.

Gordon knows what's going to happen. The only prob is Spanos is a cheap fuc*.

#14208 4 years ago
Quoted from mrmark0673:

Corey Dillon for sure.

I would disagree with that, Corey Dillon wasn;t a hard ass case. Like Carl Pickens he spent a long time on those shit bungels teams and deserved better.

#14209 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

The only prob is Spanos is a cheap fuc*.

So cheap, the stadium they play in can only hold 27,000 people.

#14210 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I can't really see any team picking him up.

XFL

#14211 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just curious, what did AB end up costing the Pats?

11 days

#14212 4 years ago

Anybody else have a hard time watching this shit? My son plays on a nationally ranked high school team and the games are amazing. College football is incredible. The Bears defense is ridiculous. I have a fantasy football team and have since 1997. So why can’t I watch a Thursday night game all the way through without flipping over to my 25 games under .500 White Sox? Why do I turn off a Sunday/Monday night game that’s tied in the 3rd quarter and guaranteed to come down to the last play? Why do I wander off and play pinball even during the Bears game? Why am I asking you guys?

#14213 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Anybody else have a hard time watching this shit? My son plays on a nationally ranked high school team and the games are amazing. College football is incredible. The Bears defense is ridiculous. I have a fantasy football team and have since 1997. So why can’t I watch a Thursday night game all the way through without flipping over to my 25 games under .500 White Sox? Why do I turn off a Sunday/Monday night game that’s tied in the 3rd quarter and guaranteed to come down to the last play? Why do I wander off and play pinball even during the Bears game? Why am I asking you guys?

The penalties are getting old. It seems like every play there's a penalty. The league needs to let the players play.

#14214 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

The penalties are getting old. It seems like every play there's a penalty. The league needs to let the players play.

Be careful, you’re not allowed to complain about how football has become boring compared to the way it used to be around here. These guys will gang up on you and call you a racist and all kinds of stuff that isnt true.

#14215 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So cheap, the stadium they play in can only hold 27,000 people.

What’s sad is that if it wasn’t for the road team’s fan base, I don’t think they would come close to selling out the stadium. Other than maybe the Tampa Bay Rays in baseball, I can’t think of another playoff caliber team in all of professional sports that has a weaker fan base than the Chargers Their owner really blew it.

#14216 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Anytime there are rule changes it takes the players time to adapt to them. When leading with the helmet first became a penalty, there were endless flags thrown. Defenders were taught to lead with their helmet since Pop Warner. Eventually they figured it out, and you don’t see it nearly as often now. Same goes for the Tom Brady rule of trying to take out the quarterback’s knees as they throw the ball. Don’t see it much anymore. Players will figure it out, but yeah, it sucks in the meantime.

You just have to ask yourself, Do you want:

Option A - “hard nose” football with lots of brutal hits and a bunch of 3rd string scrubs starting games at the end of the season because of massive injury counts?

OR

Do you want:

Option B - more penalties and less violent football being played by the first string elite players come playoff time? It’s a trade off for sure.

I’m curious to your choice, but just be aware that if you choose the wrong option......

Then you sir,

are a racist.

#14217 4 years ago

I agree it does take time for players to adjust to new rules but, this new rule for replays on field calls is not the same, Why?, because for the first time they can now look back at a particular play and come away with an entirely different penalty for an act that transpired during that play that went unnoticed. Looking at the replay to see if pass interference call was right and then coming back with holding, or illegal pick in another area of the field is a bunch of BS. Facts are that a penalty occurs on EVERY snap of the ball, when will it end???????

#14218 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Be careful, you’re not allowed to complain about how football has become boring compared to the way it used to be around here. These guys will gang up on you and call you a racist and all kinds of stuff that isnt true.

I blame the Saints. Although true that one was a bad missed call, now it seems like the refs want to call everything so they don’t get caught in another missed call debate.

#14219 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I agree it does take time for players to adjust to new rules but, this new rule for replays on field calls is not the same, Why?, because for the first time they can now look back at a particular play and come away with an entirely different penalty for an act that transpired during that play that went unnoticed. Looking at the replay to see if pass interference call was right and then coming back with holding, or illegal pick in another area of the field is a bunch of BS. Facts are that a penalty occurs on EVERY snap of the ball, when will it end???????

So dumb tho one play was reviewed for PI and there was not PI but was defensive holding but apparently defensive holding was not one of the penalties that was allowed to be called so no penalty was called.

Also what if there is an obvious face mask penalty but it’s not allowed to be reviewed because they can only review PI plays?

It’s a Pandora’s box to review penalties because they can’t allow unlimited reviews but what if there was several missed calls. Are you only to get relief from 1-2 horrible calls?

#14220 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

refs want to call everything so they don’t get caught in another missed call debate.

Problem with what is going on now is they are calling penalties that weren't part of the reply incidents for which they took a look at in the first place.

#14221 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The guy deserves to be unemployed...he's a prima donna that doesn't deserve a job...he got what he deserved...lets hope the Pats get stuck with the financial hit ....they deserve to be punished as well

So you want AB to get paid? I don't get that reasoning. $9m is a drop in the bucket to the Patriots but prob pretty big to AB right now, I say screw him. Besides, per Jeremy Fowler ESPN: "Antonio Brown likely forfeits $9M signing bonus from Patriots b/c of a contract clause calling for players to disclose situations preventing availability, per league source. This could lead to a grievance, but source says that money is 'gone.' Brown was due $5M Monday"

#14222 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

So you want AB to get paid? I don't get that reasoning. $9m is a drop in the bucket to the Patriots but prob pretty big to AB right now, I say screw him. Besides, per Jeremy Fowler ESPN: "Antonio Brown likely forfeits $9M signing bonus from Patriots b/c of a contract clause calling for players to disclose situations preventing availability, per league source. This could lead to a grievance, but source says that money is 'gone.' Brown was due $5M Monday"

Hope Brown doesn't get a penny. Just the $66K roster pay or whatever it comes to. It burns me that the players association will go to bad for sum bags and sometimes a slime ball will get paid for being an ass clown and costing the team like the Raiders money and draft picks and aggravation for nothing on the field. Maybe this will get the owners attention and they will just stop drafting or trading for and paying bad characters.

Anyway (if the allegations are true), I mean hope it isn't a set up against AB (which is hard to believe). But good to see him losing all his NFL pay and endorsements maybe other guys will learn that it's better to be a good citizen and get paid than be a perv and get broke. I know these guys play hard and deserve money for talent but they should see that in addition to being a baller not he field in this world today they also are accountable for their actions off the field. I mean not jut football players but look at Matt Lauer and a hundred other examples. In the past example David Letterman this stuff was not toxic but now it is.

#14223 4 years ago
image0000008 (resized).jpgimage0000008 (resized).jpg
#14224 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

[quoted image]

It takes two people to make a baby.

#14225 4 years ago

Even players are sick of the penalties. It's just getting boring to watch. I still play fantasy football and like the game but watching is frustrating when there are many penalties that are subjective and not called equally between the refs in the same crew in the same game. What's the point of having elite players healthy all year if penalties decide the game. That roughing the passer call against Denver at the end of the game last week was ridiculous and handed the game to Chicago.

Good stats in the first article about the rise in penalties.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27655167/brady-turns-tnf-citing-ridiculous-penalties%3fplatform=amp

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=newssearch&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwirk_iuhOLkAhVnm-AKHXwuBzYQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ohio.com%2Fsports%2F20190919%2Fbrowns-notebook-sheldon-richardson-agrees-nfl-protects-quarterbacks-too-much-d-linemen-get-paid-too&psig=AOvVaw3p0SI3IU_bmLp5xC-rGmwv&ust=1569159384505776

#14226 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hope Brown doesn't get a penny. Just the $66K roster pay or whatever it comes to. It burns me that the players association will go to bad for sum bags and sometimes a slime ball will get paid for being an ass clown and costing the team like the Raiders money and draft picks and aggravation for nothing on the field. Maybe this will get the owners attention and they will just stop drafting or trading for and paying bad characters.
Anyway (if the allegations are true), I mean hope it isn't a set up against AB (which is hard to believe). But good to see him losing all his NFL pay and endorsements maybe other guys will learn that it's better to be a good citizen and get paid than be a perv and get broke. I know these guys play hard and deserve money for talent but they should see that in addition to being a baller not he field in this world today they also are accountable for their actions off the field. I mean not jut football players but look at Matt Lauer and a hundred other examples. In the past example David Letterman this stuff was not toxic but now it is.

It shouldn’t “burn you,” the players association is doing its job, what the players pay it for.

If you want to be pissed at someone be pissed at the billionaires who continue to employ these “sumbags.” Bob Kraft makes a nice target no?

#14227 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Are you sure ?

4FE7D786-1F00-43C9-B77F-CD1146638164 (resized).png4FE7D786-1F00-43C9-B77F-CD1146638164 (resized).png
#14228 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It takes two to make a thing go right...it takes two to make it out of sight.

#14229 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe this will get the owners attention and they will just stop drafting or trading for and paying bad characters.

So you want half of the NFL to disappear?

#14230 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It takes two to make a thing go right...it takes two to make it out of sight.

I can’t be the only 1 that recognizes these lyrics/artist..
NFL players , for the most part, are not role models! Sure, some donate time n $ for great causes..but like any other leagues/careers, you’ll find some assholes..

#14231 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Of course not but we try not to mention the "darker artists" around here; upsets the locals.

#14232 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock

#14233 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It shouldn’t “burn you,” the players association is doing its job, what the players pay it for.
If you want to be pissed at someone be pissed at the billionaires who continue to employ these “sumbags.” Bob Kraft makes a nice target no?

Exactly. Robert Kraft and the Patriots know what they are getting into when they sign players of questionable repute. And frankly, they shouldn’t be able to weasel their way out of taking a financial hit. They gambled on AB and lost.

Quoted from Rondogg:

Besides, per Jeremy Fowler ESPN: "Antonio Brown likely forfeits $9M signing bonus from Patriots b/c of a contract clause calling for players to disclose situations preventing availability, per league source. This could lead to a grievance, but source says that money is 'gone.' Brown was due $5M Monday"

Wouldn’t they have to prove that AB knew of these situations preventing availability? Didn’t the lawsuit and accusations come out after he signed? And what exactly is “preventing availability” other than the fact that the Patriots cut him? Frankly, I don’t think the NFL should be judge and jury in legal matters. Stick to football and let the legal system figure it out. As far as I’m concerned, the Patriots cut AB for threatening his accuser and that has been established.

A football team can cut a player at any time, but shouldn’t weasel their way out of their legal responsibilities unless the player is truly prevented from availability. Meaning, he’s convicted and can’t play because he’s going to jail. They have every right to cut a player because he doesn’t reflect well on the franchise, but you gotta pay that signing bonus. Otherwise force Robert Kraft and the Colts owner to sell their teams for the conduct they are accused of that reflect poorly on the NFL.

#14234 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Of course not but we try not to mention the "darker artists" around here; upsets the locals.

Uhhh...

#14235 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Exactly. Robert Kraft and the Patriots know what they are getting into when they sign players of questionable repute. And frankly, they shouldn’t be able to weasel their way out of taking a financial hit. They gambled on AB and lost.

Wouldn’t they have to prove that AB knew of these situations preventing availability? Didn’t the lawsuit and accusations come out after he signed? And what exactly is “preventing availability” other than the fact that the Patriots cut him? Frankly, I don’t think the NFL should be judge and jury in legal matters. Stick to football and let the legal system figure it out. As far as I’m concerned, the Patriots cut AB for threatening his accuser and that has been established.
A football team can cut a player at any time, but shouldn’t weasel their way out of their legal responsibilities unless the player is truly prevented from availability. Meaning, he’s convicted and can’t play because he’s going to jail. They have every right to cut a player because he doesn’t reflect well on the franchise, but you gotta pay that signing bonus. Otherwise force Robert Kraft and the Colts owner to sell their teams for the conduct they are accused of that reflect poorly on the NFL.

I believe language in the contract said AB should not do anything to damage the patriots etc.

------The contract states that if Brown “takes any action that materially undermines the public’s respect for, or is materially critical of, the Club, the Player’s teammates or the Club’s ownership, coaches,” etc., guarantees will “null and void.”

after signing the contract AB sent threatening text messages (allegedly) to his accuser.
https://heavy.com/sports/2019/09/antonio-brown-signing-bonus-patriots-contract/

#14236 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I believe language in the contract said AB should not do anything to damage the patriots etc.
------The contract states that if Brown “takes any action that materially undermines the public’s respect for, or is materially critical of, the Club, the Player’s teammates or the Club’s ownership, coaches,” etc., guarantees will “null and void.”
after signing the contract AB sent threatening text messages (allegedly) to his accuser.
https://heavy.com/sports/2019/09/antonio-brown-signing-bonus-patriots-contract/

That sounds vague. Who determines if the public’s respect for the team has been materially undermined? Vague contracts always favor the side who did not write them.

#14237 4 years ago

Well another Sunday, what new headlines will game day bring? Bengals win....yeah I know, not likely but, a guy can dream can't he.

#14238 4 years ago

What the hell is going on with Harbaugh in Michigan...….he's been there 5 yrs. and they have looked bad all five. I've always thought he was a damn good coach but he has not done much for the Wolverines.

#14239 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Well another Sunday, what new headlines will game day bring? Bengals win....yeah I know, not likely but, a guy can dream can't he.

Today is our day RW, wait and see!

Who Dey!

#14240 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Today is our day RW, wait and see!

Hope you're right but for them to be successful our pass rush must be effective, and the front line must run block. Bengals LB core is no better than last year, Pratt will be a good LB but he's a rookie now. Front line? Billy Price is a bust and we already know Hart is crap, Smith is plain aged and over-weight. I'm a fan though so WHO DEY BABY!

#14241 4 years ago

Will the Giants offense improve today against Tampa Bay? I think it will and continue to get better for them.

#14242 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

What the hell is going on with Harbaugh in Michigan...….he's been there 5 yrs. and they have looked bad all five. I've always thought he was a damn good coach but he has not done much for the Wolverines.

I saw that last night. The team has actually gotten worse since he got there. Very surprising. They expected the defense to get amped up and him to nurture and develop the quarterback role.

#14243 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Hope you're right but for them to be successful our pass rush must be effective, and the front line must run block. Bengals LB core is no better than last year, Pratt will be a good LB but he's a rookie now. Front line? Billy Price is a bust and we already know Hart is crap, Smith is plain aged and over-weight. I'm a fan though so WHO DEY BABY!

Definitely gotta find a way to get Mixon going. That would improve the offense so much.

#14244 4 years ago

It has been a while as a 49er fan to have much to post but it will be interesting to see if they are indeed for real.
3-0 even without Big Ben playing would be a big deal.

I put up an inflatable every week and we take a family picture. Needless to say the last few years the pics have been quite depressing.

Nice to have a couple happy pics so for this year!

53F24AE0-6462-4354-846E-CDF2866B6D8F (resized).jpeg53F24AE0-6462-4354-846E-CDF2866B6D8F (resized).jpeg
#14245 4 years ago

At the game doing some tailgating! Go Birds!

F4E08D64-4679-40C0-9E0F-0EDC3BEEB77D (resized).jpegF4E08D64-4679-40C0-9E0F-0EDC3BEEB77D (resized).jpeg
#14246 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

At the game doing some tailgating! Go Birds![quoted image]

Wheres all the women at? All I see is a bunch of guys. Our football team might suck but we got a bunch of pretty women at the Bengals games at least!

#14247 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wheres all the women at? All I see is a bunch of guys. Our football team might suck but we got a bunch of pretty women at the Bengals games at least!

Oh there’s plenty...and our girls put out.
70533698-6A08-4FBA-AE06-80657CD9C89B (resized).jpeg70533698-6A08-4FBA-AE06-80657CD9C89B (resized).jpeg

FC2166FA-D9C1-467A-9C04-8724EA82EAF6 (resized).jpegFC2166FA-D9C1-467A-9C04-8724EA82EAF6 (resized).jpeg
#14248 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Oh there’s plenty...and our girls put out.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Cheerleaders dont count, we wanna see hot chicks in the stands that are actually Eagles fans! If you cant provide that then we are just going to assume it's a sausage fest at the Eagles games!

#14249 4 years ago

7-3 Detroit over Eagles, could it be a miracle? LOL not a chance eh Colson.

#14250 4 years ago

Go Colts!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 285 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/285 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.