pasted_image (resized).png
nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
carmichael.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 281 of 1,516.
#14001 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

We all know them cowboys are gonna win the east!

Sadly it's true. Most complete team in what still is a pretty mediocre division.

If the Eagles could stay healthy they could possibly overcome their atrocious secondary. But then, if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon.

Looking forward to that titanic Skins/Giants battle myself.

#14002 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Looking forward to that titanic Skins/Giants battle myself.

Skins will dominate that encounter. Giants are just a mess and I don't see much improvement happening this year.

#14003 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

(and Agholor single-handedly throw it away)

honestly how can you ever trust this guy even in a clutch situation? I mean first half ok but can't trust him to catch a ball during the final drive.

speaking of inexcusable, how could Ertz not have run past the first down marker on the 4th down throw? Run another 5 inches buddy and we still have a chance.

#14004 4 years ago

Sounds like Brees will be out 6 with a torn ligament.

#14005 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

speaking of inexcusable too how could Ertz not have run past the first down marker on the 4th down throw?

Sometimes with all the defenders it's hard to see the animated yellow line on the field.

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Ouch that sucks. Well everyone likes to talk up Teddy as once of the best back ups, time to prove it.

#14006 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

honestly how can you ever trust this guy even in a clutch situation? I mean first half ok but can't trust him to catch a ball during the final drive.
speaking of inexcusable, how could Ertz not have run past the first down marker on the 4th down throw? Run another 5 inches buddy and we still have a chance.

I put that down more to a great tackle than anything Ertz did wrong. He wasn't moving when he caught the ball so it's not like he had momentum to force it forward.

That sucks.

Bring your ligament to school day!

#14007 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I put that down more to a great tackle than anything Ertz did wrong.

Even better than the tackle was the position of the db or safety trailing the play. Ertz was going to extend the ball but that guy was ready to smack it out of his hands so he tucked it instead.

#14008 4 years ago

Kirk Cousins is now 5-26 against teams with winning records. Man the Vikings coaches fucked that game up. Packers couldn't stop Dalvin Cook but they still let Cousins throw the ball.

#14009 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Kirk Cousins is now 5-26 against teams with winning records. Man the Vikings coaches fucked that game up. Packers couldn't stop Dalvin Cook but they still let Cousins throw the ball.

Kirk indeed usually sucks when it really matters. But a QB who wins consistently against scrub teams surely has value in an NFL where you need to beat bad teams to go to the playoffs.

$90 million guaranteed value? Well, probably not. Vikes should have just stuck with Keenum.

#14010 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I hear you there. Nelson tried to redeem himself with catching that bomb a play or two later, but the other catch would’ve been a fucking touchdown. So the former doesn’t cancel the latter.

Ertz definitely has to have more awareness of where he needed to get to, but at least he had humility and accepted some blame in the post game interview.

#14011 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sometimes with all the defenders it's hard to see the animated yellow line on the field.

LMAO.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I put that down more to a great tackle than anything Ertz did wrong. He wasn't moving when he caught the ball so it's not like he had momentum to force it forward.

It was a good tackle. At least the defenders knew where he had to get to.

Still sucks. That should’ve been a win. They had their opportunities to pull it off, just didn’t capitalize.

I’m glad the Falcons were ecstatic that they beat the Eagles with four of their starters, and key players, sitting on the sidelines.

Take away Julio Jones, and the Falcons have fucking nothing.

#14012 4 years ago

Well even if agholr caught that td, the defense probably would of given up another 70 yard td drive.

#14013 4 years ago

broncos are done. the bills are going to the playoffs. #joshallen

#14014 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’m glad the Falcons were ecstatic that they beat the Eagles with four of their starters, and key players, sitting on the sidelines

Injuries indeed suck. You are aware like 75 percent of the Redskins' roster has been injured for three years running right? Or don't you remember beating Mark Sanchez and a 6th string O-line last season?

I find the emotion of sympathy in this case to be quite elusive, even though I do empathize. It indeed blows. But that's the NFL.

The biggest injury on the Skins' defense at this point - beside several key starters - is that boil of a defensive coordinator we have who needs to be fired yesterday.

#14015 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well even if agholr caught that td, the defense probably would of given up another 70 yard td drive.

Perhaps. But everybody thought Jones was going to catch that jump ball in the end zone at the end of the game in 2018 as well. And we all know how that turned out.

#14016 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I find the emotion of sympathy in this case to be quite elusive. It's almost always a cop out excuse, except for when it gets super ridiculous.

Me? I wasn’t using it as an excuse for the loss. Birds shot themselves in the foot.

I’m just saying, with Ryan being an elite quarterback and all (in some eyes, not mine), Falcons should have expected to win once the Eagles were plagued with injuries in the 1st half. But instead they still had to battle to pull it off.

#14017 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Me? I wasn’t using it as an excuse for the loss. Birds shot themselves in the foot.
I’m just saying, with Ryan being an elite quarterback and all (in some eyes, not mine), Falcons should have expected to win once the Eagles were plagued with injuries in the 1st half. But instead they still had to battle to pull it off.

I'm not sure if the Falcons are really any good. Let's revisit in a few weeks.

Was there a little part of you that wanted McCown to finish that drive? I don't think he could pull the weight into the playoffs like Foles did but seems like a very solid backup.

#14018 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not sure if the Falcons are really any good. Let's revisit in a few weeks.
Was there a little part of you that wanted McCown to finish that drive? I don't think he could pull the weight into the playoffs like Foles did but seems like a very solid backup.

Haha. I wasn’t disappointed to see Wentz come back in, but I did want to see McCown finish that drive. He did look solid.

#14019 4 years ago

Looks to me like the Patriots dynasty will continue this year. Personally I'd find it more interesting if two teams who had never made it to the Super Bowl were to be there. Tired of dynasties in both pro and college football. Would like more varietybut seems like the Pat's are currently the best again. I don't believe KC or anyone else is better. Just hope this season's Super Bowl is better than the last snooze fest whoever's is there.

#14020 4 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Looks to me like the Patriots dynasty will continue this year. Personally I'd find it more interesting if two teams who had never made it to the Super Bowl were to be there. Tired of dynasties in both pro and college football. Would like more varietybut seems like the Pat's are currently the best again. I don't believe KC or anyone else is better. Just hope this season's Super Bowl is better than the last snooze fest whoever's is there.

You ever notice how they pile on the points even if their up 35 to 0 in the 4th quarter?Most teams like the Cowboys take their foot off the gas

#14021 4 years ago

Patriots were without 3 starters on their OL yesterday, just wait until everything comes together.

00001 (resized).jpg00001 (resized).jpg
#14022 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Patriots were without 3 starters on their OL yesterday, just wait until everything comes together.

9741BB45-ADFA-48FD-A8CC-C6FA409C7507 (resized).jpeg9741BB45-ADFA-48FD-A8CC-C6FA409C7507 (resized).jpeg
#14023 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You ever notice how they pile on the points even if their up 35 to 0 in the 4th quarter?Most teams like the Cowboys take their foot off the gas

How did not playing hard until the end work out for the Pats last year in that stadium? Got our hearts scooped out at the last minute. No way they were going to take their foot off the gas this time. If Miami didn’t like it, they can kneel on the ball for 3 downs and punt it back to us.

#14024 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

How did not playing hard until the end work out for the Pats last year in that stadium? Got our hearts scooped out at the last minute. No way they were going to take their foot off the gas this time. If Miami didn’t like it, they can kneel on the ball for 3 downs and punt it back to us.

Last year was a close game. Yesterday it was over by half time. Dolphins got shut out. No comparison except to show the Dolphins are terrible right now.

#14025 4 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Personally I'd find it more interesting if two teams who had never made it to the Super Bowl were to be there.

Every team starts with the same record. Every team has the ability to win. The NFL has made the playing field as level as it can possibly be. They have even slanted it against the Pats by taking away first round picks and adding in fines because the NFL couldn’t bother learning air density in different temperatures. Speaking of which, what ever happened to the report from all their testing the next season? I’ll tell you what happened, the testing stopped because it proved the Patriots didn’t cheat. No reason to report that.

#14026 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Just wanted to see if you wanted to put your money where your mouth is. Not surprisingly, the answer is no.

Quoted from fosaisu:

OK big fellow, what kind of odds you offering? How about for the 9/15 game, my $20 vs. you use your TB jersey as toilet paper for a week? Since you're feeling confident and all.

Hey @Rondogg, you should have shown a little faith in your team and taken me up on my bet. Trending storyline today is that these Dolphins have a credible shot at being the worst NFL team of all time. And I just put my $20 toward a new ultrasonic cleaner instead of sending it your way.

#14027 4 years ago

Watched the Bears game, they were very luckly the refs gave them the T.O. with 1 secind left.

#14028 4 years ago

Rothlisburger out for the season. I doubt he'll come back, his career has been a long one now.

#14029 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

They have even slanted it against the Pats by taking away first round picks and adding in fines because the NFL couldn’t bother learning air density in different temperatures. Speaking of which, what ever happened to the report from all their testing the next season? I’ll tell you what happened, the testing stopped because it proved the Patriots didn’t cheat. No reason to report that.

Come on Dave...let’s not go back down that road. I guess Brady didn’t understand air densities either, given that he smashed his cell phone under his foot when they subpoenaed it.

And Kraft clearly and honestly thought that massage place was a legit establishment.

We all know the Pats have talent. It’s not an attack for someone to generically say they would like to see some other teams in the big game.

#14030 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Rothlisburger out for the season. I doubt he'll come back, his career has been a long one now.

ouch!

#14031 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Hasn't he kind of seemed ambivalent about continuing to play the last few seasons anyway?

#14032 4 years ago

Sounds like Vinateri is gonna hang 'em up.

1st thought - holy hell he's still playing? Like for real?!
2nd thought - damn. He's the last guy playing in the NFL who's older than I am.

#14033 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hasn't he kind of seemed ambivalent about continuing to play the last few seasons anyway?

Yep. I very much doubt he'll have a desire to get that elbow back in NFL condition by the time this is all done. Even if he does, I don't see him suiting up for the Steelers.

#14034 4 years ago

Josh Gordon's comments lit a fire under Dak! I loved when he scrambled and ran at Josh! Dak is a beast!

#14035 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yeah that's why I figure he won't return. Hell he's had a hall of fame career so really nothing left to prove so why hold off.

#14036 4 years ago

If nothing else, hopefully the Rams put an end to the Saints and their fans complaining yesterday.

#14037 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Dammmmmn that'll wrap up this season. Had to happen at some point though; might as well be now when you got a newer group of young guys to grow with.
Gives everyone a neat tidy excuse to call it a career. Give a chance to see if this QB is any good.

#14038 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

2nd thought - damn. He's the last guy playing in the NFL who's older than I am.

Matt Bryant?

#14039 4 years ago

Once again GO COWBOYS !!!

#14041 4 years ago

I'm just happy the Niners are back on the right track...not sure they can compete with the top teams in the NFC, but if they stay healthy theres a good chance they can make the playoffs this year. Theres a lot of parity in the NFL and all these teams are one or two big injuries from being middle of the pack...its all about staying healthy and winning the close games

#14042 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hey Rondogg, you should have shown a little faith in your team and taken me up on my bet. Trending storyline today is that these Dolphins have a credible shot at being the worst NFL team of all time. And I just put my $20 toward a new ultrasonic cleaner instead of sending it your way.

If you had made the foolish comment old-in made you're right I would have taken the bet. And it would have been for $100, not $20.

#14044 4 years ago

Prediction - Mike McCarthy will be the Steelers HC in 2020.

#14045 4 years ago

Doesn't really fit the Steelers' coaching ethos over the past 50 years.

I really don't see them bringing in an expensive wash up. They go with young guys with the fire to win.

But he'll certainly be in the conversation for the Redskins job.

#14046 4 years ago

Sounds like Antonio Brown has a second accuser coming forward.

So much for "the Patriot way".

#14047 4 years ago

Oh, and he apparently farted in a doctor's face...and owes him $11,000.

The Patriot way!

#14048 4 years ago

Just read an article saying Schumer is considering starting D. Jones in Giants game #3. I like that kid, he played decent in college and I think he'll be an above average Pro., he's smart and has a good arm, just needs real game experience and someone other than Eli to mentor him.

#14049 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm a few months older.

I'm just under him barely. I don't want to have to face my own mortality yet!

#14050 4 years ago

Not a chance. Even if a lot of things were diff'rent the way he flamed out they wouldn't hire him

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 281 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/281 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.