pasted_image (resized).png
nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
carmichael.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 1,516.
#13951 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The worst thing about the new rule is so far it has just made things worse. They go back and look and still get the call wrong! I think it will go away next season or I'm hoping it does,

The challenge is only for pass interference. So in one of the games they were trying to see if the contact was before the ball left the qbs arm, (holding) or after (PI). Since the blatant foul happened just before the ball was thrown it was not reviewable. And yes, other fouls are discovered while reviewing for PI. Which makes the review so arbitrary. Why review for PI and not holding, illegal picks, etc? It just pisses everyone off and delays the game more.

#13952 4 years ago

Was hangin out with Celek at a pregame pep rally in Philly...go Birds!

4183B5EC-E61D-4487-A235-C94759F77EE8 (resized).jpeg4183B5EC-E61D-4487-A235-C94759F77EE8 (resized).jpeg1E5B3050-8B6F-464C-9DC1-9CE86B376228 (resized).jpeg1E5B3050-8B6F-464C-9DC1-9CE86B376228 (resized).jpeg
#13953 4 years ago

Odin, your Bolts are not looking good. Taken to OT last week against Luckless Colts and now losing to Detroit?

#13954 4 years ago

All done now. The Dolphins put on a really big show too.

DirecTV is allowing us to watch the Raiders/Chiefs game.

#13955 4 years ago

Bengals suck but not as bad as the Dolphins at least.

#13956 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Bengals suck but not as bad as the Dolphins at least.

Dolphin's management "We need a QB like Brady to compete"

"Well this guy's 40 years old too, will he do?"

#13957 4 years ago

The Vikings had a touchdown overturned on a booth review for offensive pass interference. Horrible overturn call by the ref. Fuck the Saints.

#13958 4 years ago

I had given up all hope for the Lions after game 1. Now they’ve given me a ray of hope after upsetting the Chargers. I’m sure this is just part of their regular pattern of giving hope only to dash it to the ground later!

#13959 4 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

I had given up all hope for the Lions after game 1. Now they’ve given me a ray of hope after upsetting the Chargers. I’m sure this is just part of their regular pattern of giving hope only to dash it to the ground later!

Don’t fall for t.

#13960 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

The Vikings had a touchdown overturned on a booth review for offensive pass interference. Horrible overturn call by the ref. Fuck the Saints.

Yeah, that was crap. I see that rule being scrapped by the end of the season, but it should really come sooner.

They should just install sensors on the uniforms of all receivers and tight ends, kind of like the game Operation. Defender or WR/TE touches another player, a red light and loud buzz goes off. That would stop interference on both sides.

It may come to that if this crap keeps up.

#13961 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

the Dolphins lose all their games except their annual shellacking of the Patriots!
Life is good.

How good is life today?

#13962 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Don’t fall for t.

The problem is that it’s been so many decades (six, I think) since they’ve even been IN a championship game (and that was before there was a Super Bowl), that Lions fans are incredibly hungry for a winner and still latch onto anything positive and keep supporting this franchise, even though it’s become a standard for failure. That’s why it made sense for vicjw66 to say earlier here that the Chargers weren’t looking good because they lost to the Lions.

I remember that Dennis Green was fired by the Vikings right after they lost to the Lions one year!

#13963 4 years ago

Yeah, sure there is some ownership malaise but this coaching regime for the Lions is different. There is a plan, there is competence at coaching, there is a vision -- including decent personnel management/putting the right players into position to succeed.

A strong D (my fave!) and turn Stafford into a game manager -- he will never be Brady. Go Lions!

#13964 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Dolphin's management "We need a QB like Brady to compete"
"Well this guy's 40 years old too, will he do?"

You would be hard pressed to find another 42 yr old QB willing to dive for the TD

#13965 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Yeah, sure there is some ownership malaise but this coaching regime for the Lions is different. There is a plan, there is competence at coaching, there is a vision -- including decent personnel management/putting the right players into position to succeed.

I’ve just seen it so often before. Respected coaches like Bobby Ross, Steve Mariucci, somehow something happens when they come to the Lions. Hopefully this current management can break the mold.

#13966 4 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

I’ve just seen it so often before. Respected coaches like Bobby Ross, Steve Mariucci, somehow something happens when they come to the Lions. Hopefully this current management can break the mold.

yep, we've all seen it before....let's hope this team is different...

#13967 4 years ago

NFC west looking pretty good. Even Cardinals looking respectable. Bears avoided disaster. They would be calling for Trubisky’s head if they didn’t pull that out.

#13968 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

NFC west looking pretty good. Even Cardinals looking respectable. Bears avoided disaster. They would be calling for Trubisky’s head if they didn’t pull that out.

I'm hoping the Bears win JUST enough to satisfy the meatheads, yet still don't make the playoffs (or make the playoffs and lose on a double-doink). Give them a nice pick in the mid to upper 20s.

#13969 4 years ago

If the Birds pull this one off with half my team on the sideline, it’ll be a fucking miracle.

#13970 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

If the Birds pull this one off with half my team on the sideline, it’ll be a fucking miracle.

As a Cowboys fan...I have to be somewhat happy, but I have Wentz on my fantasy team! He had his worst half EVER today...

#13971 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

If the Birds pull this one off

The birds(falcons) never pull anything off. I can not stand Matt Ryan and all the hype about him and I hope the Eagles can knock him out.

#13972 4 years ago

My God... "the runner gives himself up when he drives head first... Same as feet first slide. "
Wtf are they talking aboot? That like how 40% of run in plays end.. Makes no sense.

#13973 4 years ago

Didn’t Wentz learn his lesson against the Rams about diving for the end zone? Still, ballsy call on 4th down to go for the touchdown.

#13974 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

He had his worst half EVER today...

Well Brees today might have been worse.

#13975 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

The birds(falcons) never pull anything off. I can not stand Matt Ryan and all the hype about him and I hope the Eagles can knock him out.

At least half the fans in the league chuckle at your disdain for Ryan. You can't even begin to imagine what life is like on the other side.

#13976 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Didn’t Wentz learn his lesson against the Rams about diving for the end zone? Still, ballsy call on 4th down to go for the touchdown.

Apparently not.

Quoted from TheLaw:

My God... "the runner gives himself up when he drives head first... Same as feet first slide. "
Wtf are they talking aboot? That like how 40% of run in plays end.. Makes no sense.

And that is total bullshit.

#13977 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

As a Cowboys fan...I have to be somewhat happy, but I have Wentz on my fantasy team! He had his worst half EVER today...

They look like they looked in the first half last week. Just a mess. My only defense is they are missing 3 starters, including Alshon and DJack. If they can drag this drive out for another six minutes and score a TD…

#13978 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

At least half the fans in the league chuckle at your disdain for Ryan. You can't even begin to imagine what life is like on the other side.

Maybe no one else notices how bad Ryan overthrows the ball, or throws it behind, or whatever. Only reason Ryan does much at all is because the receivers dive or whatever else and work their ass off to try to get some of his piss poor throws.

I am not a Falcon fan, never have been. I like to watch a good game, and right now I wish I could see all the KC games, and Rams games. Lifelong Denver fan, they are not doing anything this year. The first SB for the falcons was against Denver and I was so happy Denver won.

#13979 4 years ago

Go Eagles!

#13980 4 years ago

Falcons scored too early. Watch Philly go down the field for the win now.

#13981 4 years ago

Hey Matt..what's cooler than being cool...Julio Jones!

#13982 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Falcons scored too early. Watch Philly go down the field for the win now.

It was 4th down!

#13983 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

It was 4th down!

I’m not sure what your point is? I’m not saying it’s their fault for scoring too early, just that there is enough time on the clock for Eagles to have game winning drive. And how does Atlanta allow that 4th down completion?

#13984 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I’m not sure what your point is? I’m not saying it’s their fault for scoring too early, just that there is enough time on the clock for Eagles to have game winning drive. And how does Atlanta allow that 4th down completions?

I read "too early" as a criticism. As if Jones or Atlanta should have done something different. My bad if you meant differently.

#13985 4 years ago

Damn, I was hoping the falcons would go 0/16 this year.

#13986 4 years ago

A great finish. At least it wasn’t a shitty Sunday night game.

#13987 4 years ago

Awesome game.. lets see if jets/browns lives up to that level of gameplay tomorrow nite!

#13988 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I read "too early" as a criticism. As if Jones or Atlanta should have done something different. My bad if you meant differently.

Nope. You should always try to score when you can unless it’s first down and you’re up by 1 point with a minute or 2 to go and the defense has no timeouts. Falcons tried to give it away but luckily the eagles receiver ran the route a foot too short.

#13989 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Damn, I was hoping the falcons would go 0/16 this year.

Probably 1-15. Clearly they have no talent!!!

#13990 4 years ago

Happy for the Rams that the Eagles lost as they could be battling for home field in playoffs. But I don’t see Wentz lasting the season if he keeps putting himself in harms way.

#13991 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Happy for the Rams that the Eagles lost as they could be battling for home field in playoffs. But I don’t see Wentz lasting the season if he keeps putting himself in harms way.

Don't plan that parade route yet! Only week 2!

#13992 4 years ago

Bright side? At least while watching the game (and Agholor single-handedly throw it away), I got more of the tear down on my Spiderman resto done. So it wasn’t a total loss for me.

8FEAA3B0-9FFB-4B85-8735-7A9FC5984962 (resized).jpeg8FEAA3B0-9FFB-4B85-8735-7A9FC5984962 (resized).jpeg26A46CB7-E177-4658-BBAB-28CF2EFDE53C (resized).jpeg26A46CB7-E177-4658-BBAB-28CF2EFDE53C (resized).jpegEC9D0E49-6D39-411C-A9E7-3E3CCD3B9416 (resized).jpegEC9D0E49-6D39-411C-A9E7-3E3CCD3B9416 (resized).jpeg
#13993 4 years ago

Not the best week of football. Looking forward to tomorrow night. I don't know why, I just am.

#13994 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Not the best week of football. Looking forward to tomorrow night. I don't know why, I just am.

Every week of football is a good week.

#13995 4 years ago

Well the last few minutes of Broncos/Bears was exciting. That final Bears drive was made possible by a BS roughing the passer call, but Broncos benefited from several crap calls themselves so hard to complain too much.

0-2, time to fish or cut Bolles.

#13996 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Don't plan that parade route yet! Only week 2!

Oh, I got my folding chair already picked out. These first two weeks were the biggest challenge to get through. Rams didn’t look so great offensively in the first half of either game but they finished really strong in both.

#13997 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Oh, I got my folding chair already picked out. These first two weeks were the biggest challenge to get through. Rams didn’t look so great offensively in the first half of either game but they finished really strong in both.

And how can the eagles host a playoff game if they only get in thru the wildcard?! We all know them cowboys are gonna win the east!

#13998 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

We all know them cowboys are gonna win the east!

#13999 4 years ago

The Bears gave me today why I subscribe to Sunday Ticket.

#14000 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The Bears gave me today why I subscribe to Sunday Ticket.

The Bears giveth, the Bears taketh away.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/280?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.