nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 1,516.
#1351 10 years ago

Only 1 game left. He isn't missing much. Eagles are going to win the east anyway.

#1352 10 years ago

The Ravens will lose so the plans should start from that point!

#1353 10 years ago

Hey,

Normally I don't cheer for teams that employ felons who have committed unforgivable crimes, but I was glad to see the Eagles keep the Packers hopes alive. The Packers-Bears game next week is going to have my interest...

Luke

#1354 10 years ago

Give props to Jerry, having a veteran QB like Orton is one of his better decisions, then again, isn't Orton making $2mil +????

#1355 10 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Not to kick my Packer friends while they are down.... but HOLY SHIT! This feels soooooo good!! GO LIONS!!!!!

Where did this guy go?

#1356 10 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Well... my Lions continue to suck...

On pg 26 he was pointing out how well the Lions were playing.

#1357 10 years ago

I love it when the Falcons are on tv! Who else quietly snickers every time someone says Jacquizz?

#1358 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

On pg 26 he was pointing out how well the Lions were playing.

"Were" being the key word.

#1359 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

"Were" being the key word.

I say we give them a pass Rob, after all the games their starting QB missed they have a valid excuse.

#1360 10 years ago

Any guesses as to which team Jay Cuntler will be playing backup QB for next year ?

#1361 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Any guesses as to which team Jay Cuntler will be playing backup QB for next year ?

Cowboys? With Tony Blowmo......

Now I predict a Cowboys win You always get a little bit of the other team let down factor when a star goes out for the other team (just a little) and a big pick me up from the rest of the guys on the Cowboys to take up the slack.....at least for one game's emotion factor....

#1362 10 years ago

Anyone want a 2 time Super Bowl winner and MVP? Will trade for a halfway decent QB and a good o-line. PST

#1363 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Will trade for a halfway decent QB and a good o-line. PST

Maybe if they start with the O line the QB would look better AND mix in a running back. Wilson was an absolute joke.

#1364 10 years ago

Wilson must have sprayed his hands with Pam before each game. Brown was good but always hurt. Funny that Jacobs was actually pretty decent this year.

ELI is great. I'm only kidding about that but the oline is horrid. He is always on his heels and constantly hearing footsteps and it rattled him this year. No time to throw the ball and when he did it was under pressure, when being hit, or on the run.

#1365 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

ELI is great. I'm only kidding about that but the oline is horrid.

Of course I'm pissed at Wilson because I had him on my fantasy team, a RB with hands of stone isn't good! Gotta believe they bounce back big time next year.

#1366 10 years ago

Just imagine , Jay Cuntler and Dez Bryant on the same team , Their tears alone would supply enough water for all the fountains at the Peterhof Summer Palace .

Jay.jpgJay.jpg
#1367 10 years ago

In the 80's & 90's the NFC dominated Super Bowl wins.
From year 2000 (Jan 2001 SB) til now, the AFC has the edge on Super Bowl wins (8 to 5).

5 different teams have won the last 5 Super Bowls.
9 different teams have been in these last 5 SB's.
Ravens won the last SB this past Feb, with Giants, Packers, Saints, Steelers winning the 4 previous to that.

So with that info, and the way this season is shaping up:
* Which teams do you football fans think will make it to the Super Bowl this coming Feb?
* Which team(s) are you pulling for to reach Super Bowl XLVIII?

My guess is that Seahawks will square off againt Broncos, but I'm pulling for Saints to battle the Chiefs.
It would be quite all right with me for Chargers or Dolphins to reach the SB from AFC, but I don't see it happening.

#1368 10 years ago

It would be quite all right with me for Chargers or Dolphins to reach the SB from AFC, but I don't see it happening.

Your just saying that to make me feel better. At the beginning of the year I picked the Seahawks and the Broncos to go to the bowl, and both of my teams would probably end up 8-8. So far, so good.

#1369 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It is shaping up to be a Seahawks/ Broncos Super Bowl, but that is still a long way off.

You sure did call that a few months ago. ^^^^

I don't see the Dolphins losing to the Jets. Thus, the Dolphins should get the final wildcard spot. Correct?
I figured out part way through the season that the Dolphins and Chargers would both be chasing the same wildcard spot. Either the Chargers or the Dolphins getting the final AFC wildcard spot is fine with o-din I assume.

#1370 10 years ago

I don't see the Dolphins losing to the Jets

Did you see the dolphins getting demolished by the Bills?

#1371 10 years ago

Ah, the memories.

#1372 10 years ago

Patriots all the way !!! No giants to ruin our parade .

#1373 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ah, the memories.
» YouTube video

Did you catch the Whoa Nellie reference?

edit---Troy Vincent-----Best CB Badgers ever produced!

#1374 10 years ago

I don't see the Dolphins losing to the Jets. Thus, the Dolphins should get the final wildcard spot. Correct?

#1375 10 years ago

I don't know, they seem to have their way with lesser teams like the Patriots, but when another team has nothing to lose like the Bills or the Jets, it can be tough. Even if they do pull it out, the Ravens might step up and beat the Bengals. Heck, the Chargers might even beat the Chiefs. And the Steelers will probably beat the Browns. If all that happens, then yes, they are in. But I'm not holding my breath.

#1376 10 years ago

My guess is that Seahawks will square off againt Bengals

Fixed that typo for ya.

#1377 10 years ago

I'm a diehard Seahawks fan and I to believe it will be a Seahawks vs Broncos Super Bowl .
I do recognize that there are some other teams out there that could spoil that party.
The playoffs are so different than regular season. It's one game and anything can happen.
The Seahawks if they are to make it to the promised land have to clean up some offensive woes.
They haven't moved the ball very well the last 3 games. I believe they really need Percy Harvin in the line up to get that added spark.
Their defence is solid. They get Thurmond back this week. Remember Defence wins Championships.
That said the Seahawks have proven all season they can handle all the teams in the NFC. Especially at home.
They just have to get back on track and win this week against St. Louis(won't be easy) get the home field through the playoffs and they should be good.

#1378 10 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Patriots all the way !!! No giants to ruin our parade .

Yeah now it's just everyone else in the playoffs to do it. Brady couldn't win with his gimped gronk a few years back and he certainly won't do it without him entirely drawing double coverage. And since they can't and never have been able to run the ball like a real NFL team, secondaries are going to have a field day.

Player Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
Stevan Ridley 166 699 4.2 23 7
LeGarrette Blount 129 583 4.5 47 5
Brandon Bolden 55 271 4.9 46 3
Shane Vereen 42 205 4.9 21 1

LeSean McCoy nearly has more yards than the entire patriots run game. Has a longer average, more all purpose yards...

As soon as Brady retires, the patriots won't see the playoffs again until the flying car becomes mainstream.

#1379 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Yeah now it's just everyone else in the playoffs to do it. Brady couldn't win with his gimped gronk a few years back and he certainly won't do it without him entirely drawing double coverage. And since they can't and never have been able to run the ball like a real NFL team, secondaries are going to have a field day.
Player Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
Stevan Ridley 166 699 4.2 23 7
LeGarrette Blount 129 583 4.5 47 5
Brandon Bolden 55 271 4.9 46 3
Shane Vereen 42 205 4.9 21 1
LeSean McCoy nearly has more yards than the entire patriots run game. Has a longer average, more all purpose yards...
As soon as Brady retires, the patriots won't see the playoffs again until the flying car becomes mainstream.

Yeah your right grok did everything to win the patriots vs ravens game ....what was I thinking ? Lol

#1380 10 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Yeah your right grok did everything to win the patriots vs ravens game ....what was I thinking ? Lol

The ravens SUCK. They are barely a .500 team. The pat's only win against a team with a real winning record is the game vs. Denver and the pat's didn't win that game, denver lost it. And they lost to shit teams like the Jets and the Dolphins. Yeah they are contenders. Put the pipe down

#1381 10 years ago

Von Miller being out for the Broncos is going to be painful.

Broncos D hasn't been playing well. Losing Miller is going to make it worse.

#1382 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Shhhh! They are already working on that invention in Cleveland.

#1383 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Remember Defence wins Championships

The Seahawks will face a great defense should they meet Cincy in the Bowl.

#1384 10 years ago

I'm personally hoping the Chargers can snag that last spot. They have shown that they can win anywhere. I believe they are pretty healthy for the most part too.

#1385 10 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The Seahawks will face a great defense should they meet Cincy in the Bowl.

Cincy ain't going to the Superbowl.

Dalton simply isn't consistent enough. I don't have a lot of faith in their head coach either.

#1386 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Dalton simply isn't consistent enough

All we need from Dalton is not to turn the ball over and our defense will give us the opportunity to beat any team the NFL has to offer.

#1387 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Cincy ain't going to the Superbowl.
Dalton simply isn't consistent enough. I don't have a lot of faith in their head coach either.

Quoted for fact.

Super Bowl is likely going to be and I know I'm nuts for saying this but Denver (as long as their D holds up) and any one of 4 NFC teams

Carolina
Seattle
NO
Eagles ( don't count that offense our )

#1388 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Super Bowl is likely going to be and I know I'm nuts for saying this but Denver

Payton Manning is without doubt one of the best QB's in history but, even Superman has a weakness, and Payton's is Pass Rushers, he does not play well when pressured period.

#1389 10 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Payton Manning is without doubt one of the best QB's in history but, even Superman has a weakness, and Payton's is Pass Rushers, he does not play well when pressured period.

51 td's says he hasn't been pressured much and if knowshawn ( or however you spell it ) can take some of the heat off during corner blitzes thru will be fine. And decker/welker can both work out of the slot too helps.

#1390 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Quoted for fact.
Super Bowl is likely going to be and I know I'm nuts for saying this but Denver (as long as their D holds up) and any one of 4 NFC teams
Carolina
Seattle
NO
Eagles ( don't count that offense our )

Yep. I think any one of those 4 teams has as pretty much as good a chance of going to the Superbowl as the other 3. Seattle will be hard to beat at home, but if Arizona can do it, so can the Panthers, Eagles, or Saints (even though they got blown out there earlier this year).

#1391 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep. I think any one of those 4 teams has as pretty much as good a chance of going to the Superbowl as the other 3. Seattle will be hard to beat at home, but if Arizona can do it, so can the Panthers, Eagles, or Saints (even though they got blown out there earlier this year).

I know San Fran has a great record but there is something missing there. Some spark just isn't there. Watching them play there is no energy. That doesn't bode well going in to the playoffs.

Kaepernick brought that spark last year.

#1392 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I know San Fran has a great record but there is something missing there. Some spark just isn't there. Watching them play there is no energy. That doesn't bode well going in to the playoffs.

Kaepernick doesn't even look like the same QB that played last year and took them to the SB.

#1393 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Crabtree is back, get ready for a hard playoff push.

#1394 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

51 td's says he hasn't been pressured much

I'm not doubting his prowess, he'll score, he's the man, but under pressure he's average, say 21 pts. and that's less than his defense will give up.

#1395 10 years ago

Bottom line is, I wish all well for their teams, so long as mine is a part of it!

#1396 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Crabtree is back, get ready for a hard playoff push.

I really don't consider Crabtree an elite receiver.

#1397 10 years ago

Personally, I'm shocked that the Steelers still have a shot to make the playoffs.

#1398 10 years ago

Check out the poll and poll results on ESPN (in NFL section) for upcoming Cowboys-Eagles game. Wow!
The Cowboys used to be America's Team. Now it appears they are America's Least Loved Team.

http://espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=4117075

Even the results for the state of Texas are barely 50% for Cowboys.

#1399 10 years ago

Check out the poll and poll results on ESPN (in NFL section) for upcoming Cowboys-Eagles game. Wow!
The Cowboys used to be America's Team. Now it appears they are America's Least Loved Team.
http://espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=4117075
Even the results for the state of Texas are barely 50% for Cowboys.

I think people are largely voting for the Chip Kelly offense, as it's a lot of fun to watch.

#1400 10 years ago

Some teams win and they garner fans that normally wouldn't root for them, such as the Giants when they won their last two rings. Some teams win, and they are so full of themselves that only their hardcore fans care. The Cowboys are now the result of an owner that is not qualified to judge talent or manage a team. Thats what GMs are for. Outsiders thus enjoy seeing the failure in this method.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.