spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 1,513.
#13901 4 years ago

Well, that Ram win last Sunday looks a lot less impressive now.

#13902 4 years ago

I can't believe I sat godwin...

He is officially going in the starting lineup.

#13903 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I can't believe I sat godwin...
He is officially going in the starting lineup.

Holy crap! Bruce Arians is Daditude on pinside?

#13904 4 years ago

Wow the Panthers did not look good at all. I predicted they'd win and as it unfolds, I was way off.

#13905 4 years ago

I think this new review policy is not working out so well just yet for NFL ref's. Seems to me that as many, maybe more calls are being botched even after additional reviewing by the on field crews. I hope this new policy gets the axe come the end of the season.

#13906 4 years ago

The NFL is the most reactionary sports league there is. Once a game is determined by something, they go out and fix it retroactively. It's usually rushed, and feels like more of an attempt to take the heat off of the discussion than to actually improve the game.

The MLB on the other hand, they're gonna need to see some more crushed toddler heads before they extend the netting down the foul line. Once they do make that decision, it will take 5 years to implement.

#13907 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The NFL is the most reactionary sports league there is. Once a game is determined by something, they go out and fix it retroactively. It's usually rushed, and feels like more of an attempt to take the heat off of the discussion than to actually improve the game.
The MLB on the other hand, they're gonna need to see some more crushed toddler heads before they extend the netting down the foul line. Once they do make that decision, it will take 5 years to implement.

The White Sox extended the net all the way to the foul poles this season. Didn't hamper my experience one bit. Hopefully other teams follow suit.

#13908 4 years ago

There’s no incentive to take more drastic measures, as long as the doctrine of “assumption of the risk” applies to lawsuits in sporting events. Teams and stadiums can pretty much escape any theory of liability based on that doctrine. It’s existed in sports law for decades.

#13909 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I think this new review policy is not working out so well just yet for NFL ref's. Seems to me that as many, maybe more calls are being botched even after additional reviewing by the on field crews. I hope this new policy gets the axe come the end of the season.

This happened in the late 80s when they were reviewing PIs- slowed games down to a crawl in the last 5 minutes, it was always a total crapshoot whether or not they actually got it right. It stunk.

And here we are again.

#13910 4 years ago

What's up with Cams outfit? Good Lord someone call the fashion police on this guy! What a f'ing Diva.

20190913_115138-1 (resized).jpg20190913_115138-1 (resized).jpg
#13911 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What's up with Cams outfit? Good Lord someone call the fashion police on this guy! What a f'ing Diva.

“The Quarterback formally known as Cam”. Or maybe he will just start using a symbol as his name.

It’s nauseating how full of himself he is. But he does do a lot of good in his community, so I give him props for that.

#13912 4 years ago

If I didn't know better I'd think Cam is a thug!

There's just something about him. Can't put my finger on it.

it'll come to me!

#13913 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

it'll come to me!

I dint think hes a Thug but i dont like his personality and views on certain things, i wont lie about that. He’s a good athlete though and seems to stay out of trouble you know as far as raping women and fighting and stuff so thats a good thing. After watching him last night though I gotta wonder if we will ever see the old Cam Newton ever again? This shoulder thing could be the end of his career you never know. He may never be right again. I also think the money has changed him as a person and that he’s more worried about his celebrity status than his QB play.

#13914 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

it'll come to me!

You know who is the biggest thug in Football? Jets defensive coordinator Gregg Williams. It looks like he’s at it again. Ask Bret Favre what he thinks of that guy. Of course you will never here the Ohio guys call him a thug. No, he just believes in old school football.

#13915 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You know who is the biggest thug in Football? Jets defensive coordinator Gregg Williams. It looks like he’s at it again. Ask Bret Favre what he thinks of that guy. Of course you will never here the Ohio guys call him a thug. No, he just believes in old school football.

He's an absolute creep. Still had the Redskins playing awesome defense in the Gibbs years - in fact the redskins have been terrible on D since he left. In the NFL that's really all that matters, at least if your appearance is non-thug like. And maybe it's just me, but when I look at that guy, I don't see a thug! Just an honest guy with passion who I can relate to on some basic level. Can't say the same for his accuser OBJ, something about that guy rubs me the wrong way!

Also probably not a thug: Buddy "Bounty" Ryan. God I hated that guy when he coached the birds!

#13916 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He's an absolute creep. Still had the Redskins playing awesome defense in the Gibbs years - in fact the redskins have been terrible on D since he left. In the NFL that's really all that matters, at least if your appearance is non-thug like.

Don't take the bait Who-Dey! They are really trying to reel you in...

#13917 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Don't take the bait Who-Dey! They are really trying to reel you in...

Who-Dey's still around?!

I thought that guy hated the NFL.

#13918 4 years ago

This coach Williams is he the coach that was wrapped up in the Richie cognito (whatever his last name is) ruckus down in Miami????

Quoted from vicjw66:

You know who is the biggest thug in Football? Jets defensive coordinator Gregg Williams.

#13919 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What's up with Cams outfit?

I can go with the suit but what's up with the scarf?

#13920 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

This coach Williams is he the coach that was wrapped up in the Richie cognito (whatever his last name is) ruckus down in Miami????

LOL no I think that was just Ritchie being insane.

Dude obviously has advanced CTE yet they keep letting him play. The NFL is gonna destroy itself.

#13921 4 years ago

Incognito was on Hard Knocks. He did his best to prevent calling the other players 'thugs' on camera, and was generally on his best behavior. I don't think they showed him getting cut, but I know one thing... his brother is gonna be PISSED!

#13922 4 years ago

Incognito was on Hard Knocks. He did his best to prevent calling the other players 'thugs' on camera, and was generally on his best behavior. I don't think they showed him getting cut, but I know one thing... his brother is gonna be PISSED!

He's actually currently employed by the Raiders!

his most recent, uh, incident:

Funeral home incident and arrest

On August 20, 2018, Incognito was arrested and taken into custody after an incident at a funeral home where he threatened to shoot the employees while making funeral arrangements for his father. Police seized two Glocks, three rifles, and a suppressor for a handgun in Incognito's truck.[75] Employees told Scottsdale police that Incognito wanted his father's head cut off for research purposes, and that he had walked through the funeral home punching caskets and throwing objects.[76] Incognito was charged with disorderly conduct and making threats.[77]

#13923 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You know who is the biggest thug in Football? Jets defensive coordinator Gregg Williams

He coaches football like i want it to be coached, same with guys like Buddy Ryan and Bum Phillips and alot of the old school guys. I like coaches who encourage hard hitting.

#13924 4 years ago

Gotta love this and it's 100% true also.

Screenshot_2019-09-13-16-48-23-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-09-13-16-48-23-1 (resized).png
#13925 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He coaches football like i want it to be coached, same with guys like Buddy Ryan and Bum Phillips and alot of the old school guys. I like coaches who encourage hard hitting.

How'd you feel about Vontaze Burfict when he played for you team?

#13926 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

How'd you feel about Vontaze Burfict when he played for you team?

He could have been the best defensive player in the league if they would have let him play football the way its supposed to be played. I don't feel that he was a dirty player, just a hard hitting player.

His style of play doesn't work in todays football unfortunately.

#13927 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

On August 20, 2018, Incognito was arrested and taken into custody after an incident at a funeral home where he threatened to shoot the employees while making funeral arrangements for his father. Police seized two Glocks, three rifles, and a suppressor for a handgun in Incognito's truck.[75] Employees told Scottsdale police that Incognito wanted his father's head cut off for research purposes, and that he had walked through the funeral home punching caskets and throwing objects.[76] Incognito was charged with disorderly conduct and making threats.[77]

Few things are more thuggish than a casket puncher

#13928 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

The White Sox extended the net all the way to the foul poles this season. Didn't hamper my experience one bit. Hopefully other teams follow suit.

Sox should have built walls instead of nets. That team is unwatchable

#13929 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Sox should have built walls instead of nets. That team is unwatchable

If a team full of some of the best young talent (with even more ready and waiting) is considered "unwatchable", then so be it.

Let me guess, you're a Yankees fan?

#13930 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He could have been the best defensive player in the league if they would have let him play football the way its supposed to be played. I don't feel that he was a dirty player, just a hard hitting player.
His style of play doesn't work in todays football unfortunately.

Did you play football when you were younger? If so, did you get hit in the head, like, a lot? Ever feel the urge to eat a paint chip or two? Did you live under some power lines by any chance?

Asking for a friend.

#13931 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Did you play football when you were younger? If so, did you get hit in the head, like, a lot? Ever feel the urge to eat a paint chip or two? Did you live under some power lines by any chance?
Asking for a friend.

LMAO

tough but fair.

I'm starting to like this Dirtbag. Even though he thinks I'm a Bears fan for some reason.

#13932 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm starting to like this Dirtbag. Even though he thinks I'm a Bears fan for some reason.

Hell he just called someone form Tennessee a Yankess fan; he goes for the haymaker.

#13933 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Asking for a friend.

#13934 4 years ago

Yeah, early onset CTE can cause drowsiness.

#13935 4 years ago

Not even sure I will make it thru the season with all this craziness already early in the season.

Week 1: Texans at Saints emotional rollercoaster game. Saints are gonna win, no they are gonna lose, no it's gonna go to overtime, no they're gonna lose, ...holy crap he made a 58 yard field goal to win it for the Saints.

Week 2: Saints at L.A., and Rams are favored by 2 points.
This game likely has play-off implications for home field advantage for later in the season.
Hope Alvin K. busts some big runs in this game.
Hey this is the two teams that played in last seasons NFC Conf Championship game.
You know, the game that the Saints got screwed on a bad no-call pass interference, which lead to Rams winning the game, and adv to the Super Bowl.

#13936 4 years ago

Hey Buffalo Bills!
Gritty win against the Jets in week 1.
If you want to make the play-offs this year, you might want to win another game on the road against a not-so-great team like the Giants.
Bills are favored by 2 points, but can they actually pull it off.
Go Bills!

#13937 4 years ago

Bills probably need an 11 win season (a 10 win season at a minimum) to make the play-offs as a wildcard team.
If the AFC West has two teams make the play-offs, and N.E. Pats win the AFC East, that leaves one wildcard spot left for the Bills to fight for.
Seems like the Bills can go 9 and 7, but not sure they can win 11 games.
Go Bills!

#13938 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Week 2: Saints at L.A., and Rams are favored by 2 points

Looking forward to this one!

#13939 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I'm hoping for some revenge action, but I mostly want a high scoring game on both sides.

#13940 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

If you want to make the play-offs this year, you might want to win another game on the road against a not-so-great team like the Giants.

Jones could enter if Eli starts laying eggs and that might not be a good thing for the Bills.

#13941 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Am I the only one that would like to see the Saints get burned by the new rule. I think the new pass interference replay rule is lame and is clearly only in affect because the Saints pushed for it. So wouldn’t it be great if the Saints get called for pass interference late in the game after the Rams throw the challenge flag for a non call. Rams win because of the new rule. That would be awesome.

#13942 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I think the new pass interference replay rule is lame

Couldn't agree more, they look at one play and come out with a whole new penalty no one saw occur.....WTF

#13943 4 years ago

The worst thing about the new rule is so far it has just made things worse. They go back and look and still get the call wrong! I think it will go away next season or I'm hoping it does,

#13944 4 years ago

I'm taking Minn. over GB., 27-21 today. Should Chicago lose today it will be a very hard road back from 2 games down early.

#13945 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Am I the only one that would like to see the Saints get burned by the new rule. I think the new pass interference replay rule is lame and is clearly only in affect because the Saints pushed for it. So wouldn’t it be great if the Saints get called for pass interference late in the game after the Rams throw the challenge flag for a non call. Rams win because of the new rule. That would be awesome.

Kinda like last season when clay Matthews kept getting burned for 15 yarders thanks to the “Rodgers Rule”

#13946 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'm taking Minn. over GB., 27-21 today. Should Chicago lose today it will be a very hard road back from 2 games down early.

This was my toughest "pickem" game. I went with GB, but I could see multiple scenarios with this game going either way.

#13947 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

This was my toughest "pickem" game. I went with GB, but I could see multiple scenarios with this game going either way.

Rivalry, so really it's a coin toss, either could win.

#13948 4 years ago

This may be Grudens last ride if the Skins get blown out today.....fired before the season ends??

#13949 4 years ago
A42DC997-11DD-4F60-B0F3-6E8A617089C5 (resized).pngA42DC997-11DD-4F60-B0F3-6E8A617089C5 (resized).png
#13950 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'm taking Minn. over GB., 27-21 today.

Boy I really missed this one...….Levi the skins are winning!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/279 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.