pasted_image (resized).png
nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
carmichael.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 1,516.
#13551 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, their division doesn’t have much, but 11 wins? That would be a stellar first season as a starter there for Nicky boy.

Im not saying that the offense will be good, they dont have to be. Having the best D in the league will get you lots of places, namely the superbowl. Look at the 15' broncos, '13 seahawks, and '00 ravens for examples.

#13552 4 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

. Having the best D in the league will get you lots of places, namely the superbowl.

Well umm.....maybe as long as the refs allow the players to play but seems like theres a flag on every play anymore for roughing the passer and illegal hits etc. NFL is pretty much an offensive league now. And no im not trying to complain or shitting on the rules and i dont hate football blah blah f*cking blah, im just being honest because thats how the game is played these days.

All i know is i hope the Eagles kick the Cowboys asses this year and show Jerry Jones how stupid he is for giving into Elliot. Dallas need a new coach also because Garrett sucks.

#13553 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Racism never even entered my mind honestly....i guess maybe because im not a racist person?

0E13B165-7C53-415A-AF1B-7A2B849B84E3 (resized).jpeg0E13B165-7C53-415A-AF1B-7A2B849B84E3 (resized).jpeg
#13554 4 years ago

I way respect centerflank who started this thread and miss him very much. Some times I feel like he kind of handed me a torch.

He used to mention fantasy football and invited me to join. I was little busy with other things to do at the time so I passed.

But he made it sound like class. If he brings it up again, I guess it is OK.

#13555 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So foles sucks now?
Dude seems like a winner to me, from what I’ve seen the past couple of years.

Foles is mid-pack good probably as good as Kirk Cousins (don’t know why Cousins got all that money tho). But it’s possible other teams can game-plan and take away what he does best.

#13556 4 years ago

So this is new. Oakland took away all of ABs guaranteed money which they can do because he already broke the agreement and it allows them to take away everything that is guaranteed. So he’s now on a week by week deal. And apparently Brown doesn’t love that and wants to be released.

IMO him being a free agent would likely get a deal ~$6M one year deal nothing guaranteed or something in that range.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2852737-antonio-brown-tells-raiders-to-release-him-in-instagram-post-amid-drama

I love it more each day. He’s gotten fined another $215K and they can release him completely anytime without paying a termination settlement.

Also I read somewhere that he has not received a penny from the Raiders yet because the first $500K roster bonus he never earned because it was conditional of him being at 85% of all team activities.

A.B. might actually end up paying money to Raiders not the other way around.

#13557 4 years ago

I watched the video that AB put up last night. If anyone here hasn't seen it, it's a recorded phone call between AB and Gruden with dramatic music in the background. Anyways, Gruden sounds like a defeated father dealing with a 5 y/o child. It's both funny and pathetic at the same time.

#13558 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I watched the video that AB put up last night. If anyone here hasn't seen it, it's a recorded phone call between AB and Gruden with dramatic music in the background. Anyways, Gruden sounds like a defeated father dealing with a 5 y/o child. It's both funny and pathetic at the same time.

Brown doesn’t love football as he says. It’s his job but he has a lot of outside interests. Now he’ll have some more free time to do Instagram posts and whatever else he likes to do.

#13559 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can’t fucking stand it!
I mean I get it and understand why people like it.
But seems like work. Plus You end up rooting against your favorite football team all the time. It’s inevitable.

As a Lions fan fantasy football is incredible as I now enjoy following other teams and players versus the Lions lol.

#13560 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

As a Lions fan fantasy football is incredible as I now enjoy following other teams and players versus the Lions lol.

Shut up and drink your Honolulu Blue Kool-Aid like the rest of us

#13561 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

A.B. might actually end up paying money to Raiders not the other way around.

Don't worry, his eventual contract with the Patriots will cover it.

So the question is whom knew aboot this fine threshold? "Super Duper Agent" Drew Rosenhouse sure should have right? Smart man GM/TV dude Mayock must have? Very hard to tell what everyone is trying to do here.

#13562 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't think there's a chance in hell New England will sign him. Yeah, yeah, I know, they signed Gordon but, AB's problem is completely different. He's a clear cancer for ANY team he's been associated with on and off the field.

#13563 4 years ago

Raiders have cut Antonio Brown.

In other news: water is wet

#13564 4 years ago

In other news, the Patriots have signed Antonio Brown

#13565 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Raiders have cut Antonio Brown.

Imagine being so stupid that you fuck yourself out of 30 million dollars.

#13566 4 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

There's no upside for them to sign him, he single handedly brings an entire team down with his BS

#13567 4 years ago

The guaranteed lock for the opening week is the Hawks over the Bengals #GOHAWKS

#13568 4 years ago

Imagine being so stupid that you fuck yourself out of 30 million dollars.

LoL.

He was guaranteed for injury or even poor performance but not against poor conduct. All he had to do was show up and not be a jerk and he’d collect $30M. Guess that’s too hard for jerk boy.

No way would Bellecheck touch this scum. He’s toxic would probably skip the SB or some other playoff game if he was not being respected like in Pittsburgh was not voted team MVP so he skipped a game.

Maybe him and Kapernick can start a new league.

Best chance A.B. has is a veteran minimum salary with bonuses for good play. Maybe Bengals can use him because AJ Green is injured.

#13569 4 years ago

Should he feel he's not being targeted enough during the game he will complain and then simply quit on his team mates.

#13570 4 years ago

Raiders release AB..the drama continues...

#13571 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

There's no upside for them to sign him, he single handedly brings an entire team down with his BS

#13572 4 years ago

I wonder which XFL team AB signs with...

#13573 4 years ago

It's like my Dad always told me. When the going gets tough, hire a videographer.

#13574 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

There's no upside for them to sign him....

Agree to disagree. But it would come down to monies for him... Probably needs a nice chunk now

#13575 4 years ago

AB is definitely mentally ill to give up all that money. Even after they took away the guaranteed money he still should have stayed because he’s not going to get anything guaranteed from any other team.

That video and recording Gruden was disgraceful. But I think Mayock really handled the whole situation poorly. Didn’t the Raiders give up 2 first round draft picks for him? Now what do they have to show for it?

How pissed is AB’s agent today? What’s 10% of that deal come out to anyway?

#13576 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

AB is definitely mentally ill to give up all that money. Even after they took away the guaranteed money he still should have stayed because he’s not going to get anything guaranteed from any other team.
That video and recording Gruden was disgraceful. But I think Mayock really handled the whole situation poorly. Didn’t the Raiders give up 2 first round draft picks for him? Now what do they have to show for it?
How pissed is AB’s agent today? What’s 10% of that deal come out to anyway?

No it was more like a 3rd and 5th round pick if I remember correctly.

#13577 4 years ago

Haha no, they didn't even get 1 of their first round pics

#13578 4 years ago

this is what I'm thinking..

a) Raiders were going to fine and suspend/cut AB 1000% for the altercation with his boss (Mayok). It's not cool to threaten a threaten to fight with your boss who is also twice your age. What kind of street tough is that anyway? Also way I heard it was Mayok was not in any way trying to provoke AB here is the account I read.

A Raiders source confirmed Brown was unhappy with the fine levied by the team and, seeing Mayock watching practice, walked over and initiated an exchange with the GM. The Raiders source confirmed information from another league source who said Brown called Mayock a "cracker" and unleashed a barrage of "cuss words" during the altercation.
Mayock tried to keep his cool and defuse the situation.

"[Mayock] was like, 'I'm cool, I understand your displeasure,'" the source said. "[Mayock] sort of just like ... just walked away because he saw it escalate."

or

b) things were working out with AB and the Raiders (that is what it sounded like last night) after the apology. But then AB goes and releases his youtube video and that was the straw that broke the camels back. I mean if AB was going to play football and not do all this other nonsense why is the first thing he does is release this video?

#13579 4 years ago

Annnnnnd called it

#13580 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So the question is whom knew aboot this fine threshold? "Super Duper Agent" Drew Rosenhouse sure should have right? Smart man GM/TV dude Mayock must have? Very hard to tell what everyone is trying to do here.

Wow nice call.

#13581 4 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

You too.

#13582 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

No way would Bellecheck touch this scum. He’s toxic would probably skip the SB or some other playoff game if he was not being respected like in Pittsburgh was not voted team MVP so he skipped a game.

Sure he will then tell him first F up and he's outa there.

#13583 4 years ago

9 mil signing bonus? Belichick must really believe he can turn the guy around.

#13584 4 years ago

Conspiracy theory.

AB acted like an asshat on purpose to intentionally be cut, have no one else want him, and sign with the Pats. The dude probably just got himself a SB ring.

#13585 4 years ago

I stand corrected but I think NE made a mistake.

#13586 4 years ago

wow

Can this be Randy Moss 2.0?

#13587 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I stand corrected but I think NE made a mistake.

They made a HUGE mistake just like Cleveland made a huge mistake with Beckham. These guys are complete cancer and they almost always kill team chemistry. Im glad though because i always want the Browns to go 0-16 and im sick of seeing the Patriots in the SB.

#13588 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:im sick of seeing the Patriots in the SB.
#13589 4 years ago

I think Tom and Bill can control AB somewhat. I think Raiders nation is a far cry from Super Bowl nation (NE).

#13590 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can this be Randy Moss 2.0?

Moss was not as bad as AB but hey, I guess it's NE's millions so their call.

#13591 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Moss was not as bad as AB but hey, I guess it's NE's millions so their call.

He will be on good behavior for awhile but anytime that you are dealing with a spoiled overpaid thug like this its only a matter of time before he shows his true colors. it never fails. The Bengals need a WR bad but im glad that they didn't show any interst in this POS here. I would rather lose without him than to win with him. Take your time and rebuild with players who have brains and a good attitude and stay away from clowns like this.

#13592 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would rather lise without bim than to win with him. Take your time and rebuild with players who have brains and a good attitude and stay away from clowns like this.

Sounds like a team that last won a playoff game when George H W Bush was president.

#13593 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

No it was more like a 3rd and 5th round pick if I remember correctly.

Ok. Got some bad secondhand information. Seemed like too much to give away.

I’m sure if he pulls the same bs he pulled with Oakland there is a claus in the contract to void his signing bonus. If he behaves, the Patriots just got a lot better on offense.

#13594 4 years ago

betting odds now improved for NE

90% chance of winning division and 21% chance of winning SB. (was 88% and 18% before)

#13595 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Sounds like a team that last won a playoff game when George H W Bush was president.

Bengals were pretty solid under Marvin Lewis, nothing to be ashamed of. I like some of the things that i am seeing right now since Zack Taylor had taken over. I think if you could look into the future a couple of years that you would be surprised. Theres a lot of good things going on in Cincinnati right now.

#13596 4 years ago

After the deal was announced, I went from despising Antonio Brown to quickly admiring his rebellious spirit.
All in about 10 seconds...

#13597 4 years ago

Back after a 2 week bender on the Luck news. Fortunately supervisors were understanding. Got a bunch of texts with pictures of me in weird situations. Probably fake. Super excited about tomorrow. May not sleep!

#13598 4 years ago

Welcome home Patriots legend Antonio Brown!

TBH, the Patriots have so many good WRs that they tucked their first rounder on some scammy injured reserve list.

Since David Andrews left the Patriots biggest need has been OL. Not sure this gives TB any more time to make avoid getting sacked 40 times this year.

Kinda bummed...

#13599 4 years ago

The weird thing is if they don't totally melt down, AB could be good for Gordon mentally.

Conspiracy theory.
AB acted like an asshat on purpose to intentionally be cut, have no one else want him, and sign with the Pats.

It isn't that much of a conspiracy at all; it's just a theory. like I said before, if Drew Rosenhaus knows his stuff, which I only assume he does, he knows the clause in the contract that voids AB's monies. They already just fined him 54K, so doing his recording/replaying shit they must know (again unless AB is just totally insane which is still in play) that the fine will be higher and appraoch the level of cancelling his bonus; which would most likely lead to his release.
Now, 2 things on that.
1. Was it really to get to a better team/situation? Or are his feet fucked? I didn't finish Hard knocks so i'm not sure on that angle.
2. If Al Davis was still there he would have kept AB and sat him all fucking year a la Marcus Allen.
EDIT:
3. Bonus - How does Gronk fit into all of this? Becasue I don;t know anyone personally that didn't think he's coming back this season.

#13600 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Since David Andrews left the Patriots biggest need has been OL. Not sure this gives TB any more time to make avoid getting sacked 40 times this year.
Kinda bummed...

How about sending a 1st and a 3rd to Washington for Trent Williams?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/272 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.