dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
436537586_10224867727456020_9063380137916814163_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240418-055421.png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,671 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 1,514.
#13501 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

If the Bears play like this all year then they could be crippled for a long time due to the Mack contract and what they gave up. They better start winning because the window is closing!

It was only a matter of time before the Goff, Wentz, and Wilson plan backfired on someone. Surrounding your young QB on their rookie contract with tons of talent to win a sb is all well and good... Where the Bears went wrong is the qb they chose to build around happens to be crap

#13502 4 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Where the Bears went wrong is the qb they chose to build around happens to be crap

Tough but fair

#13503 4 years ago

Antonio Brown is making quite a name for himself. He would be a perfect fit in Cleveland with the other two douche bags Mayfield and Beckham.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/antonio-brown-raiders-mike-mayock-cracker

#13504 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It'll take me a few weeks to size up each team. Long gone are the days before free agency where the team was basically the same as where they left off the year before. And it takes a while to see how well all the new players fit in and make an impact.

So true. It’s not over for the Bears either after one game.

Don’t forget Pats started 1-2 last year including bad losses to the Jags and Lions.

D568BF17-EDF6-4C2D-BC03-0E5F24C17085 (resized).jpegD568BF17-EDF6-4C2D-BC03-0E5F24C17085 (resized).jpeg

#13505 4 years ago

Anyone see The Bears Mount Rushmore?

Dick Butkus and not Mike Ditka?

I’m sure Butkus was a better player but Mike Ditka should be on there imo?

#13506 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

To sum up last nights game...….snoozefest.

And it lasted all the way until noon today.

Quoted from rai:

It’s not over for the Bears either after one game.

It's not over for the Dolphins yet either. So far they have a perfect record.

#13507 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyone see The Bears Mount Rushmore?
Dick Butkus and not Mike Ditka?
I’m sure Butkus was a better player but Mike Ditka should be on there imo?

They were saying last night Ditka didn't make their top 10. How? Coach and player, and the only coach to ever win them a SB. Slam dunk.

#13508 4 years ago

Antonio Brown is back.

D433C8C2-2866-4EA4-A6B4-722F239D12E0 (resized).jpegD433C8C2-2866-4EA4-A6B4-722F239D12E0 (resized).jpeg

#13509 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Antonio Brown is back.
[quoted image]

He would never play on my team if i owned a team. Big time cancer and racist as well.

#13510 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Antonio Brown is back.
[quoted image]

So far, Melvin Gordon is not.

But it looks like he is not going to Philadelphia either.

#13511 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

They were saying last night Ditka didn't make their top 10. How? Coach and player, and the only coach to ever win them a SB. Slam dunk.

I guess when the top 4 includes the owner/coach 40 years coach 500 games coached and 8 championships, and Walter Peyton second all time rusher in the NFL the list really comes down to everyone else fighting for two spots.

I don’t know enough about Sid Luckman tho. Ditka played / coached other places so that may count against him somewhat.

#13512 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He would never play on my team if i owned a team. Big time cancer and racist as well.

Get your popcorn ready.

#13513 4 years ago

He didn't even make their top 10. He's probably the most recognizable figure for the Bears today.

I've also heard he's a world-class asshole, so maybe that has something to do with it.

#13514 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Antonio Brown is making quite a name for himself. He would be a perfect fit in Cleveland with the other two douche bags Mayfield and Beckham.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/antonio-brown-raiders-mike-mayock-cracker

I think a big fight these guys have (Kapernick too) is the whole *owner* thing. Where the players think they are bigger than the team.

But if not for the owners and the teams and the infrastructure built up by the nfl the players would not be half as rich as they are.

Plus look AB was upset about $50K fine when he has a $50M contract, he had more than a screw loose in his head. He’s knitting with only one needle.

#13515 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Get your popcorn ready.

Get the popcorn ready for what? Im just being honest. The guy is a bad person period. He's very unappreciative of what hes got and he doesn't like being told what to do. I dont care if you make 50 thousand a year or 50 million a year, you stil have bosses and have to play by their rules.

I dont think being asked to show up for practice is too much to ask for. Could you imagine if he was asked to go in for 8-12 hours a day and actually having to work hard for a living barely making enough money to make ends meet like most people? He couldn't or wouldn't be able to do it.

Most of these guys dont have a clue how lucky that they are, and to call the guy a cracker that gave him a 50 million dollar contract is disgusting. That guy should be his f*cking hero and he should never stop thanking him for the rest of his life. Im sick of these guys and their bullshit.

#13517 4 years ago

Isnt it funny how no one seems to care about the choice of words that he used against the owner of the team? Can you imagine if it was the other way around? The whole world would be calling for this owner to be ousted from the league. Gotta love the double standards!

#13518 4 years ago

Some folks seem particularly excited about the "cracker" comment. I didn't realize people even used that one anymore. Is it more or less offensive than "honky?" I'm reminded of that Chris Rock Nat X sketch from SNL, where he's lamenting how weak the would-be slurs for white people are.

#13519 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think a big fight these guys have (Kapernick too) is the whole *owner* thing. Where the players think they are bigger than the team.
But if not for the owners and the teams and the infrastructure built up by the nfl the players would not be half as rich as they are.
Plus look AB was upset about $50K fine when he has a $50M contract, he had more than a screw loose in his head. He’s knitting with only one needle.

I’m not defending this ass clown. But I like to watch him play and it’s interesting to watch a train wreck.

Here’s how much of a douch he is and how much he was able to get away with because he can run fast. Wtf.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-saga-troy-polamalu-reportedly-among-steelers-who-had-issues-with-wr-back-in-2012/amp/

He wants to fight a 61 year old guy. Come on Mike Mayock is twice his age. Way to be a tough guy wanting to fight you boss who’s twice your age.

#13520 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Isnt it funny how no one seems to care about the choice of words that he used against the owner of the team? Can you imagine if it was the other way around? The whole world would be calling for this owner to be ousted from the league. Gotta love the double standards!

Yes, it's almost as if most of us are familiar with US culture through lived experience and aren't just crawling out from under a rock with no context on the history and power of various ethnic slurs, and the centuries-long dominance of ethnic groups with one particular skin tone in this country.

#13521 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yes, it's almost as if most of us are familiar with US culture through lived experience and aren't just crawling out from under a rock with no context on this history and power of various ethnic slurs, and the centuries-long dominance of ethnic groups with one particular skin tone in this country.

People need to stop living in the past and live in the now. That shit gets old too.

#13522 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yes, it's almost as if most of us are familiar with US culture through lived experience and aren't just crawling out from under a rock with no context on this history and power of various ethnic slurs, and the centuries-long dominance of ethnic groups with one particular skin tone in this country.

It’s almost like someone who makes $50M happens to be black but he thinks he can relate being told what to do with what happened during slavery. It’s not even close to slavery.

#13523 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

People need to stop living in the past and live in the now. That shit gets old too.

That's very zen of you. But aren't you the same guy that keeps bitching about all of the changes in the modern NFL? What happened to "live in the now?" (And yes, I realize I'm living in the past by remembering your posts from last week, but we've all got to start somewhere).

#13524 4 years ago
Screenshot_20190906-161425_Hangouts (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190906-161425_Hangouts (resized).jpg
#13525 4 years ago

Even though youre a Packer fan, ill give ya props on that one....good one!

Lemme guess- Steely Dan fan??

#13526 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That's very zen of you. But aren't you the same guy that keeps bitching about all of the changes in the modern NFL? What happened to "live in the now?" (And yes, I realize I'm living in the past by remembering your posts from last week, but we've all got to start somewhere).

Wanting to see football played the way that it used to be played in the old days is an absolutely ridiculous comparison to slavery and you know it. Apples and oranges.

#13527 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wanting to see football played the way that it used to be played in the old days is an absolutely ridiculous comparison to slavery and you know it. Apples and oranges.

Did I say anything about slavery? I was talking about the word "cracker" and whether it really means anything. Apples and water bongs.

#13528 4 years ago

I got a chuckle, but 0/(0+0) is undefined.

#13529 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Lemme guess- Steely Dan fan??

I'll give you a pass this time, but keep slinging insults like that around and I'm calling the mods.

#13530 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Did I say anything about slavery? I was talking about the word "cracker" and whether it really means anything. Apples and water bongs.

You were talking about it in a previous post and yes the word cracker really does mean something when you use it in the way that he did. He used it as a racial slur. Totally uncalled for and totally unacceptable in todays society. He should be kicked out of the league in my opinion especially now that trying to eliminate racism is such a big thing in the NFL now.

#13531 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You were talking about it in a previous post

Nope. I know you’re “living in the now” today, but run a quick search and you’ll find that I haven’t posted anything about slavery in this thread (or anywhere else on Pinside, I should think).

#13532 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Nope. I know you’re “living in the now” today, but run a quick search and you’ll find that I haven’t posted anything about slavery in this thread (or anywhere else on Pinside, I should think).

Im not arguing with you. You didnt say slavery but you were talking about how people have been treated so wrong for decades by one certain group of people. Stop playing dumb, discussion is over.

#13533 4 years ago

Man, I cant wait until there is enough football to make this thread about football!

#13534 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

discussion is over.

GOD PLEASSSSSSSSE.

#13535 4 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Man, I cant wait until there is enough football to make this thread about football!

Some people have zero interest in football yet want to haunt this place with their endless Social Injustice Warrior crusades. It's literally the only enjoyment they get from football these days I suppose, and it's tough chasing that high that's faded since the "anthem kneeling" days.

I wish they'd go away. There's way better places for that nonsense. Internet is full of great places to endlessly whine about that stuff without letting any actual football talk get in the way.

#13536 4 years ago

Football

1475491111785 (resized).jpg1475491111785 (resized).jpg
#13537 4 years ago

Comes in to see what’s going on in the NFL...realizes he’s in the ACLU forum on a pinball site.

AB6F6D6C-8254-45D0-9FC7-DE74FD75CC6D.gifAB6F6D6C-8254-45D0-9FC7-DE74FD75CC6D.gif
#13538 4 years ago

I'm telling you guys, just put them on ignore. Is anything they're saying adding any value to this thread ( or really.. any thread)?

It can only improve your experience here.

#13539 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'm telling you guys, just put them on ignore. Is anything they're saying adding any value to this thread ( or really.. any thread)?
It can only improve your experience here.

Way ahead if you, but it doesn’t really matter. you can still tell when someone is shitting up a thread with nonsense.

I guess I just don’t understand following a sport filled with “certain” people when you can’t stand “certain” people.

Like...hockey! It’s just sitting there! And the season is like 9 months long! So why waste your time with the NFL?

#13540 4 years ago

I never really noticed but all that fantasy football crap is downright annoying.

#13541 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I never really noticed but all that fantasy football crap is downright annoying.

Can’t fucking stand it!

I mean I get it and understand why people like it.

But seems like work. Plus You end up rooting against your favorite football team all the time. It’s inevitable.

#13542 4 years ago

It's like they think everybody knows or should know what they are talking about and are interested in their team or whatever, but it is usually just complaining.

This thread is about real football I thought.

I could spam the heck out of it with talk of Sega Madden 93, as that is something I am kind of an expert on. But I won't.

#13543 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I could spam the heck out of it with talk of Sega Madden 93, as that is something I am kind of an expert on.

93 Madden was awesome. Was in 11th grade in my video game prime.

What does everybody think Jacksonville is going to do this season with Foles at the helm? 8-8?

#13544 4 years ago

Ehhh, I think the Jags will get 11 wins. Their defense is ridiculous and while Foles isnt great, hes waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better than bortles. Tom coughlin was sniffing glue when he gave bortles an extension after the 2017 season. Also, their division isnt great after Luck retired

#13545 4 years ago

If you don't want fantasy talk in here stop fucking talking aboot it.

Jags... 8-8 sounds aboot right.

#13546 4 years ago

That was quick.

https://twitter.com/RaiderCody/status/1170149143072792576?s=19

Am I at Sundance or something?

#13547 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If you don't want fantasy talk in here stop fucking talking aboot it.

Here's a good place. And since I am still banned from hobbies without flippers, you won't see me there. I however snuck one in by default.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fantasy-football-2019-

#13548 4 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Ehhh, I think the Jags will get 11 wins. Their defense is ridiculous and while Foles isnt great, hes waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better than bortles. Tom coughlin was sniffing glue when he gave bortles an extension after the 2017 season. Also, their division isnt great after Luck retired

Yeah, their division doesn’t have much, but 11 wins? That would be a stellar first season as a starter there for Nicky boy.

#13549 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, their division doesn’t have much, but 11 wins? That would be a stellar first season as a starter there for Nicky boy.

So foles sucks now?

Dude seems like a winner to me, from what I’ve seen the past couple of years.

#13550 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So foles sucks now?
Dude seems like a winner to me, from what I’ve seen the past couple of years.

More Levilytics. Where did I say he sucked? It’s not him I’m pessimistic about, it’s the team around him. Boy won me a ring. And his suggestion of the Philly Philly on 4th friggin down. Ballsy, and confident. Great qualities.

But he commanded the Eagles offense well when he ran it, and they played hard for him. For whatever reason. I don’t know that he has that kind of camaraderie with the Jags as of yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,671 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/271 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.