spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 1,513.
#13451 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I read something on Reddit that all but one of A.B.'s issues have taken place after the late hit by Burfict in 2016 where he was knocked out.

Maybe you’re onto something and he’s just broken mentally at this point. I figured after the Steelers drama he would be on his best behavior with the Raiders to show that the Steelers were the problem not him. Sure, eventually he would start up with the drama again, but you would think he could at least make it through training camp before acting like an ass clown. Still, I’m betting that the GM Mayock did not handle the situation very well and there was probably bad communication there.

#13452 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would have told his ass to take a hike. Running backs are a dime a dozen. Yeah Elliot is good but he was under contract and i would have made him honor that.

Without Elliot the Cowboys are also rans. Running backs like Zeke are not a dime a dozen, and if you compare Dak Prescott’s stats with and without Zeke in the lineup they are startling. As for being under contract and honoring it, that is not a thing. Under the collective bargaining agreement a player has a right to hold out just as a team has the right to cut a player at any time. Running backs are being used up under these bogus rookie contracts and then spit out when they are off them. Running Backs are getting totally screwed under the current system.

Jerry Jones talks about honoring a contract, but he frequently doesn’t honor his. He cuts players under contract all the time. He cut Dez Bryant who was contractually owed millions. Jerry never paid him because Dez wasn’t as productive as he thought he would be. So why can’t a player cut his contract when he is more productive than was thought he would be?
There was a cowboy I forget his name, but he broke his leg and Jerry Jones cut him and didn’t pay him what was owed him under contract. That’s just the way it’s set up. If you want players to honor their contracts then the owners have to start honoring theirs.

Edit: if Jerry Jones forced Zeke to “honor” his contract, the whole team would revolt and noone would ever want to play for the Cowboys again under his ownership.

#13453 4 years ago

To me this is about setting a president and the reason Raiders are not suspending him this minute is that they want to go through all the proper channels to void his contract. I know Raiders gave up 2 draft picks for this guy, but that’s sunk costs. No use throwing good money after bad, this is an Albert Hainsworth code red situation. No use keeping a cancer in the locker room. The Raiders are not going to win the SB in this year anyway. Might as well get a higher draft pick and move on. You can not have an employee threaten to punch his boss in the face and just let it slide. Also NFL is going to investigate for personal conduct violation and I could see this being a 4 game NFL suspension, dismissal from Raiders, voiding of total contract, and maybe he plays half a year on Tampa Bay or somewhere else. I don’t think Bill Bellicheck would touch this guy to be quite honest any playoff team is better without him.

#13454 4 years ago

I think Bill Belichick would scoop AB up in a heartbeat if he could get him cheap with little or no guaranteed money. Belichick would tell him straight up, the moment you start any crap you’re outta here.

#13455 4 years ago

I totally understand Zeke holding out but imo it never got personal like Gordon. Also Gordon is half the player Elliot is.

My problem is (to me) poor guys like JuJu and Kamara both making peanuts but it’s unable to renegotiate a contract until 3 years (iirc).

I mean heck Tyler Higby just got a $31M contract extension and if you know who he is you’re ahead of me. But Alvin Kamera and JuJu both have 4 year around $4M contract. Both are grossly underpaid and yet they are not holding out. Only can renegotiate after 3 years iirc.

#13456 4 years ago

It’s the same with any contract in business. The young talented guys get screwed so the older hacks can get paid. This whole putting in your time crap is bs. You should get paid based on your talents. Kamara and Schuster are subsidizing the older less talented players.

#13457 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Running backs like Zeke are not a dime a dozen,

A great offensive line will make an average running back look like a great running back. Look at Emmit Smith, his stats prove that. If he had played for a bad or even an average team you wouldn't even know who he was right now.

#13458 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

A great offensive line will make an average running back look like a great running back. Look at Emmit Smith, his stats prove that. If he had played for a bad or even an average team you wouldn't even know who he was right now.

Or if you look even further back at a guy like Larry Csonka, he was a running back and offensive line all in one. He'd knock his own guys out of the way. Anything that got in his way.

#13459 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Or if you look even further back at a guy like Larry Csonka, he was a running back and offensive line all in one. He'd knock his own guys out of the way. Anything that got in his way.

Yes you are right but remember, there are exceptions to everything and i personally don't rely on exceptions. Some people smoke until they are 95, doesn't mean cigarettes are good for you.

#13460 4 years ago

Enough chatter. Let’s get this freaking game/season underway!

Sidenote. For anybody watching the pregame, I would bang Kim Pegula.

#13461 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I hate to agree with you, but that incredible Dallas O line made Emmitt and Aikman hall of famers. Imagine what Barry Sanders would have done if he got to play for Dallas. I honestly think Offensive Linemen are the most important factor in winning. You give any qb enough time and they’ll make the throws.

#13462 4 years ago

Simms looks like Jake Busey

nzcnjQ9 (resized).jpgnzcnjQ9 (resized).jpg
#13463 4 years ago

All right Bears, let’s fuck these guys up.

#13464 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I hate to agree with you, but that incredible Dallas O line made Emmitt and Aikman hall of famers. Imagine what Barry Sanders would have done if he got to play for Dallas. I honestly think Offensive Linemen are the most important factor in winning. You give any qb enough time and they’ll make the throws.

Why would you hate to agree with me? The turth is the truth. Walter Peyton or Barry Sanders either one would have crushed Emmit Smiths stats behind the offensive lines that he was so lucky to play behind. You could have drove a Mack truck through the holes that they created. Football is won in the trenches on both offense and defense. Thats a fact!

#13465 4 years ago

It's official now.

After the first score they played a clip from the song 3 Nights by Dominic Fike going to commercial. I've been saying for months that is the song of the summer. But hadn't cracked the underground....till now.

#13466 4 years ago

12 yards for Aaron Rodgers in the 1st quarter. Thats pretty good!

#13467 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why would you hate to agree with me?

Well, it’s kinda like for all the horrible ideas that Hitler had he might have had one or two good ideas mixed in that a reasonable person would agree with him on. But you certainly would hate to admit that you agree with Hitler on anything. Noone wants to be associated with Hitler. Now I don’t mean to say you’re like Hitler, but there it is.

#13468 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Now I don’t mean to say you’re like Hitler, but there it is.

02D1BC55-FB7F-4769-9984-75C1B5E4E32E.gif02D1BC55-FB7F-4769-9984-75C1B5E4E32E.gif
#13469 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Now I don’t mean to say you’re like Hitler, but there it is.

I would hope not because that would be totally innacurate and just dumb to think that.

#13470 4 years ago

Boos in soldier field, just 30 minutes into the season. Love it.

#13471 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Noone wants to be associated with Hitler.

No he doesn’t.

98DBA0F2-E4C9-4D3B-BF65-B4EFB00E4F3B (resized).jpeg98DBA0F2-E4C9-4D3B-BF65-B4EFB00E4F3B (resized).jpeg
#13472 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Boos in soldier field, just 30 minutes into the season. Love it.

The Bears taking Trubisky ahead of Mahomes in the draft will rival Portlands taking Sam Bowie over Jordan and Greg Odin over Kevin Durant.

#13473 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

No he doesn’t.[quoted image]

I gotta wonder of all the internet forums out there if we are the only one that has made the noone connection.

You can thank RobT and Noone's boat ride for senior citizen rockers TV ad for giving me that inspiration.

#13474 4 years ago

In between punts, I was reading a story about Drew Brees getting flack for starring in a promotional video for the hate group “Focus on the Family”. He claims he was “unaware of their views” when he shot the promo. First he invests millions in diamonds, then this. For someone who is considered to have a high football IQ, he sure has made some stupid decisions in his personal life lately. I mean seriously, diamonds as an investment?

#13475 4 years ago

He's also into Advocare, I'm pretty sure. The placebo drink my idiot sister-in-law tries to claim made my fat brother skinny (he's still fat). She says things like "Jason Witten promotes it!", like that would mean it's a good idea.

But those promo videos are a new thing. The name isn't really indicative of a hate group. These guys are lazy, and someone pays them 1k to say happy birthday to some jerkoff. Someone thinks to look into it, and then it's a thing. He doesn't know them. Didn't know anything about them, just wanted to make some money. Probably to recoup some of his other poor investment decisions.

#13476 4 years ago

One game down in the W column...who said Bears were gonna take the Packers down?

9294FF16-9D7D-49DD-ADF0-CE3F49F99A21 (resized).jpeg9294FF16-9D7D-49DD-ADF0-CE3F49F99A21 (resized).jpeg
#13477 4 years ago

Wow, that was one fugly game.

#13478 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

In between punts, I was reading a story about Drew Brees getting flack for starring in a promotional video for the hate group “Focus on the Family”. He claims he was “unaware of their views” when he shot the promo. First he invests millions in diamonds, then this. For someone who is considered to have a high football IQ, he sure has made some stupid decisions in his personal life lately. I mean seriously, diamonds as an investment?

Hate group? I dont know anything about them and this is even the first time that ive ever heard of them but wouldn't calling them a hate group be going a little too far just because they dont support LGBTQ? I mean from what i am reading they are a Christian group so it only stands to reason that they would not support those type of views.

I doubt that they "hate" gay people, they probably just don't support their lifestyle because of their Christian beliefs. I don't think that makes them horrible people. Is there something that i am missing? Please educate me if their is. Im not trying to stir the pot here at all, i am just trying to understand why you consider them a hate group.

#13479 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im not trying to stir the pot here at all, i am just trying to understand why you consider them a hate group.

74900D59-0F2A-4A4E-AD02-0621F68F40EF.gif74900D59-0F2A-4A4E-AD02-0621F68F40EF.gif
#13480 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

[quoted image]

Lol i swear that im really not trying to stir the pot. I am just legitimately wondering if there is something that i am missing? Calling them a hate group just seems a little over the top if its only because they dont support LGBTQ seems like. Most Christians that i know dont support it because of their strong beliefs in the Bible but i dont think that they "hate" gay people by any means.

#13481 4 years ago

Lots of penalties, but that was a pretty great defensive show. I'm not right often, but..

Tomorrow should be interesting.
Trey Burton is likely out (listed as Q, but coaches said he probably isn't in "playing shape"). That's big, because shitty QBs tend to rely heavily on their TE. I'd like to see us key in on Cohen (or maybe Montgomery if he becomes a factor) and bring heavy pressure often.
Jaire Alexander is one of the best young CBs in the league, and Kevin King (good when not injured) is also expected to play. Throw in Amos and Clark, and I think we have the edge over their offense. Take away their checkdowns, and challenge Trubisky to make throws down field.
Their defense is obviously their biggest strength. We have 0 reps from 12 to anyone in a game before that first throw tomorrow. If 12 makes throws on time I think we can at least drive the ball on occasion and rely on their offense to make some mistakes. If you see 12 running outside the pocket a lot, I'm nervous, not only for the outcome of the game, but for the season and his ability to accept game plans in general.
I'm also very interested to see how Nagy reacts when in FG range.. Will he kick? That doink affected him probably more than anyone. The Bears basically shut down their kicking game after the new guy made a 58 yarder in the second(?) preseason game, worrying that a miss could destroy his sensitive psyche. That's a fun storyline to follow.

Nagy going for it on 4th and 10 in lieu of a 51 yarder just goes to show that he's still in his head about that kick. Satisfying.

#13482 4 years ago

that was a pretty great defensive show.

No doubt. I wasn't paying much attention to most teams off season moves but they made some good ones.

They bolstered their defense really well which is necessary to compete when the QB and offense are past their prime and in decline.

#13483 4 years ago

I think it was a pretty good defensive game for the Bears but the Packers were the beneficiaries of a pathetically bad performance by Trubisky. His throws were woefully inaccurate and he just made poor decisions the whole game. Mahomes could have been leading the Bears tonight.

#13484 4 years ago

Pettine was a great hire. I'm glad to see us cash in our chips a little this offseason. With Thompson, it always felt like we were building toward a sort of perennial future. I'm still upset we couldn't land Mack, but we made some moves to bring in some talent on both ends and safety.

Chicago's defense is still as good as advertised. That front 7 is just stout, running the ball early clearly didn't work very well. That was abandoned early in the 2nd (our sole offensive burst), and that allowed the run game to reopen just a little.

#13485 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I think it was a pretty good defensive game for the Bears but the Packers were the beneficiaries of a pathetically bad performance by Trubisky. His throws were woefully inaccurate and he just made poor decisions the whole game. Mahomes could have been leading the Bears tonight.

I just don't understand most of this comment. Trubisky has an arm. He really didn't make many mistakes (besides one big one). It was played perfectly by the safety. Packers D did a good job to close that pocket. If he could have broken out to run a little more, might have been a different outcome.

You saw it when we decided to rush 3, he made a play downfield. He should be respected enough that you bring pressure.

And Mahomes was the MVP, so if he was leading the Bears... that would have been? Don't get it.

#13486 4 years ago

It'll take me a few weeks to size up each team. Long gone are the days before free agency where the team was basically the same as where they left off the year before. And it takes a while to see how well all the new players fit in and make an impact.

#13487 4 years ago

I just don't understand most of this comment. Trubisky has an arm. He really didn't make many mistakes (besides one big one). It was played perfectly by the safety. Packers D did a good job to close that pocket. If he could have broken out to run a little more, might have been a different outcome.
You saw it when we decided to rush 3, he made a play downfield. He should be respected enough that you bring pressure.
And Mahomes was the MVP, so if he was leading the Bears... that would have been? Don't get it.

The game I was watching showed Trubisky repeatedly miss on his passes. Don’t take my word for it, rewatch and listen to all the boos at Soldier field. As for Mahomes, the Bears drafted Trubisky instead of Mahomes. Their scouts thought Trubisky was the better QB. The Chiefs were flabbergasted at their good luck and immediately scooped up Mahomes.

#13488 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol i swear that im really not trying to stir the pot. I am just legitimately wondering if there is something that i am missing? Calling them a hate group just seems a little over the top if its only because they dont support LGBTQ seems like. Most Christians that i know dont support it because of their strong beliefs in the Bible but i dont think that they "hate" gay people by any means.

It’s called a google search. Start with the Southern Poverty Law Center. They document all their shenanigans. But let’s not get into the whole religion thing. Brees should have known better than to associate with them. Now back to football.

#13489 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The game I was watching showed Trubisky repeatedly miss on his passes.

Yeah, he wasn't very good. Just throwing the ball out there counting on the receivers to make plays. Not the guy I'd want leading my team for sure. Maybe he was just having a bad night, but the great ones rarely do.

#13490 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The game I was watching showed Trubisky repeatedly miss on his passes. Don’t take my word for it, rewatch and listen to all the boos at Soldier field. As for Mahomes, the Bears drafted Trubisky instead of Mahomes. Their scouts thought Trubisky was the better QB. The Chiefs were flabbergasted at their good luck and immediately scooped up Mahomes.

Oh sure. Yeah, I will need to go back and watch a little closer, but I felt we bottled him up pretty well on the first watch. I will watch again though, cause it was great, and I have another couple of days until real football.

Loud and clear on Mahomes. I was as happy as anyone that they chose to trade up to draft a QB that no one really wanted. I think he's in the bottom third, but potential to rise to an average level. He only has 2 years of football under his belt, so hard to know what will come.

#13491 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, he wasn't very good. Just throwing the ball out there counting on the receivers to make plays. Not the guy I'd want leading my team for sure. Maybe he was just having a bad night, but the great ones rarely do.

Same old Bears, decent defense and no offense. Duuuuh Bears.......

#13492 4 years ago

I felt we bottled him up pretty well on the first watch.

That's part of it too. Frustrate the young QB until he starts making errant throws. Both teams need work to make the playoffs. At least it's not a super tough division.

#13493 4 years ago

To sum up last nights game...….snoozefest.

#13494 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

To sum up last nights game...….snoozefest.

Yup and the funny thing is, i got two friends that live in Wisconsin and they are ready to buy their Super Bowl tickets already. SMH......

#13495 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah he looked awful. Inaccurate and even when he just heaved it the ball didn't seem to have any zip. The Bears just seem historically incapable of decent QB play for the past 60 years?

I'm glad the Skins have a strong-armed god of a QB like Case Keenum suiting up this weekend!

#13496 4 years ago

I am 100% biased, but I enjoyed watching two great defenses go at it. I havn't seen a great Green Bay defense since 1996. I was at the edge of my seat the whole night. But like I said, I am biased and a Green Bay fan.

Besides, I still think since a lot of Starting QB's don't really play in the preseason the beginning of the season is a poor indicator on how good an offense is going to be. Some do come out hot, but I always believed Defense has the leg up at the beginning of the season.

#13497 4 years ago
2019-09-05 (resized).jpg2019-09-05 (resized).jpg
#13498 4 years ago
img_6710 (resized).jpgimg_6710 (resized).jpg
#13499 4 years ago

If the Bears play like this all year then they could be crippled for a long time due to the Mack contract and what they gave up. They better start winning because the window is closing!

#13500 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

If the Bears play like this all year then they could be crippled for a long time due to the Mack contract and what they gave up. They better start winning because the window is closing!

Maybe they can get Mack to play QB?

He's been worth their investment, don't blame them at all. The problem is that Chicago has been allergic to offense since Walter Payton retired.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Boards
PinSound

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/270?hl=captain-flint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.