Topic Stats

• 21,483 posts
  • 364 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,723 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200222-124947_Chrome (resized).jpg
graters (resized).jpg
giphy (3).gif
1A3C8A58-F3F9-461A-9901-44E9A0E0DB9A (resized).jpeg
B99B5C2F-5BB8-4C44-9F42-24666E9C47B8 (resized).jpeg
here's Johnny (resized).jpg
DDE0535E-F5B1-4FBA-BD7C-E3EBD07494E4 (resized).jpeg
D3A6F375-D0E0-46BC-A17D-BDA5530F9107 (resized).png
download_20200207_213253 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
kansas (resized).png
C162AA67-8E8F-4244-9A05-A49E057B29CE (resized).jpeg
shut up (resized).jpg
vlcsnap-2019-07-18-22h31m42s331 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
950DA363-9FA5-4C96-BCA1-F4072EE96853 (resized).jpeg

There are 21483 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 430.
#1301 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

We had that crap for awhile too and every time a F^@# cloud passed by it would go out! I had left the local cable co. due to being pissed over what I considered lousy customer service but, after my direct tv experience I couldn't wait to go back to them!!!!

I left Time warner cable because they were in a constant battle with NFL network over how much extra it would cost the customers to get that channel. Well, I watched them bitch back and forth for years, and never got NFL Network. So when DirecTV offered that and Sunday Ticket to boot and some extra large gift card, I jumped ship. Cable went out several times, and it happened during a great game I was watching. DirecTV has not gone out once in over two years.

#1302 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

It is unfortunate the helmet slides up into the chin like that from the recoil of the hit, maybe better face masks could help? I dunno....

Football Flank, you know that's why we watch it. They've taken enough of the game away in the name of safety if you ask me.

#1303 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Football Flank, you know that's why we watch it. They've taken enough of the game away in the name of safety if you ask me.

Indeed, I just dislike seeing former players sue for brain trauma as they used their head as a weapon their entire career

#1304 6 years ago

Players are saying more knee injuries to come since aiming high gets you penalized.

#1305 6 years ago

So Garvin got fined for that brutal hit on the Bengals punter after all:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/pittsburgh-steelers-terence-garvin-fined-25-000-block-220522400--nfl.html

I have no skin in that game, but personally think that he deserved the fine especially in light of other fines that have been handed out for far less than this.

#1306 6 years ago

Games coming up this weekend with playoff spot implications:

Week 16: Dec 18 - 24
SUN, DEC 22 TIME (ET) TV
Miami at Buffalo 1:00 PM CBS (Dolphins must win. Bills won't be in play-offs.)
Minnesota at Cincinnati 1:00 PM FOX (Bengals must win. Vikings won't be in play-offs.)
Indianapolis at Kansas City 1:00 PM CBS (Both teams already in play-offs, but seeding could be affected).

Dallas at Washington 1:00 PM FOX
(If Dallas somehow loses this game, it could trigger the re-appearance of Gozer and Zuul, cause the Kracken and Godzilla to be awoken & released upon the earth, and the unleashing of plagues/locusts).
Well, maybe not locusts.

New Orleans at Carolina 1:00 PM FOX <---- big NFC South game here.
Denver at Houston 1:00 PM CBS (Not really a big game. Broncos already in play-offs and should win, but could affect Broncos play-offs seeding.)
NY Giants at Detroit 4:05 PM FOX (Must win for Detroit. Giants won't be in playoffs.)
Arizona at Seattle 4:05 PM FOX (A must win for AZ. Seahawks play-off seeding could be affected.)
Pittsburgh at Green Bay 4:25 PM CBS Lambeau Field (Packers still alive for play-offs if they win.) Go Pack!
Oakland at San Diego 4:25 PM CBS (This game matters for Chargers if Dolphins lose earlier in the day.)
New England at Baltimore 4:25 PM CBS (Big game. Both really need to win, esp if Mia wins early game.)
Chicago at Philadelphia 8:30 PM NBC <---- Let's see who wants to win their Div & stay in NFC play-off chase.
Atlanta at SF 49'ers, MNF ESPN (Not quite a must-win for 49ers, but it sure would help them out. Atl is not play-off bound.)

#1307 6 years ago

I want to see how miami does in buffalo weather. Also interested to see if giants and jets win another game or completely roll over.

#1308 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Dallas at Washington 1:00 PM FOX
(If Dallas somehow loses this game, it could trigger the re-appearance of Gozer and Zuul, cause the Kracken and Godzilla to be awoken & released upon the earth, and the unleashing of plagues/locusts).
Well, maybe not locusts.

This is the kind of game that Dallas loses, Washington and Cousins would love to blow Cowboys playoff chances out of the water.

#1309 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So Garvin got fined for that brutal hit on the Bengals punter after all:

Ive watched it multiple times now, he definitely didnt launch at him or lead with the crown of his helmet with intent to headshot him. He initially makes contact with his face mask. Punters being on the "protected player" list led to the fine. Hope that dude recovers well this off season.

#1310 6 years ago

Well, maybe not locusts.

If Dallas does lose, they have to blow a 28-point lead.

#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ive watched it multiple times now, he definitely didnt launch at him or lead with the crown of his helmet with intent to headshot him. He initially makes contact with his face mask. Punters being on the "protected player" list led to the fine. Hope that dude recovers well this off season.

I agree he didn't launch or really lead with the crown of his helmet. And I still think he should have been fined like he was.

I thought it was a cheap shot. Garvin knew that the punter had no clue that he was going to get demolished (didn't see it coming). There was no reason to take him out like that.

#1312 6 years ago

Rodgers officially ruled out of Sunday's game.

I'm pretty disgusted.

#1313 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'm pretty disgusted.

That sucks. I have Jordy Nelson in my FF final. I would much rather have Rodgers throw to him.

#1314 6 years ago

I'm pretty disgusted.

No kidding man, I almost feel like GB wanted to lose out these games and just retool for next year back 2-3 weeks ago, now Flynn has them back in contention for the playoffs. SO frustrating, but man think of the epic nature if GB pulls off the win against Pitt, then Rodgers comes back for the last game of the season against the Bears, knocks them out and GB goes in with momentum, Mr. Mo has won many teams a Superbowl through the years!

GO PACK GO!

#1315 6 years ago

The Packers won the Super Bowl a couple of years ago when they were a 6 seed. They got hot at the right time.

#1316 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The Packers won the Super Bowl a couple of years ago when they were a 6 seed. They got hot at the right time.

That's what it's all about these days. The last time the Fins won the trophy, they got hot at the right time. Like almost three years straight. Now it's get in, and be on a roll at the end of the season.

#1317 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Yep.

But this is different. With Rodgers having missed as many games as he has, the likelihood of them getting hot like that again at the end of the season seems pretty unlikely.

#1318 6 years ago

It was playing the Bears the first time this when Rodgers broke his collar bone , Would be pretty cool for him to come back the last game of the regular season against the Bears to lead the Packers to a win for the division tittle. If the NFL were scripted that would be a good plot . Feel good sports event of the year , At least in Wisconsin anyways .

#1319 6 years ago

I think the saints pull a victory out of the hat today, who dat?!

#1320 6 years ago

Cowboys vs the lowly Redskins today.

As a history lesson, it doesn't ever matter what these two teams records are when they play each other. It's a long time rivalry, and they can beat each other regardless of who the better team is.

In Jimmy Johnson's first season coaching the Cowboys, they went 1-15.

Guess who their only win was against? Yep, the Redskins.

And you know what the Redskins did that year? Won the Superbowl.

For me, that 1-15 season had some meaning...because the Cowboys beat the Redskins!

#1321 6 years ago

Here we go...Go Panthers!

#1322 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

For me, that 1-15 season had some meaning...because the Cowboys beat the Redskins!

....they also tend to beat themselves.

#1323 6 years ago

Packers get the worst time slot two weeks in a row .

#1324 6 years ago

Bethea knockin the BBQ sauce off their jerseys. GO BLUE.

#1325 6 years ago

WTF ARE THEY THINKING!?!?! Don't go for first down 4th and 8 biggest home game your team has ever had, and punt the ball to the team in the lead with like 2:30 left in the game?!?! Worst call of the year by Ron Rivera, thanks buddy, think you just screwed the team there.

#1326 6 years ago

Bengals D was at home today.

#1327 6 years ago

Forced fumble bump.

#1328 6 years ago

Wow. WOW. *WOW*. Ron just got lucky. Again. >BLEEP< you Drew Brees. >BLEEP< you.

#1329 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Bengals D was at home today.

Who Dey Baby

#1331 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

WTF ARE THEY THINKING!?!?! Don't go for first down 4th and 8 biggest home game your team has ever had, and punt the ball to the team in the lead with like 2:30 left in the game?!?! Worst call of the year by Ron Rivera, thanks buddy, think you just screwed the team there.

He did?

You were wrong. Big time.

#1332 6 years ago

Go EAGLES!!!!!! LOL!

Philly_Eagles.PNG

#1333 6 years ago

41 - 7 Patriots Embarrassing, just embarrassing...

#1335 6 years ago

How long before 'may the Schwartz be with you' gets fired? Too bad about the Saints, they almost had it!

Too bad about the Seahawks too.

#1336 6 years ago

Did you watch the game!
Real defensive battle. Seahawks were horrible in the red zone.
Unable to convert turnovers to points. Butt ugly showing offensively.
Not that it had anything to do with the outcome but on the Seahawk's final drive there was a brutal call.
They called a ball that bounced off the turf a pic for Arizona. They even reviewed it and still called it a pic.
On review you can clearly see the ball hit the ground and the turf rubber fly in the air!

#1337 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Go EAGLES!!!!!! LOL!

Yeah pretty sad that the packers now must rely on the eagles to have any hope for the post season .

#1338 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Go EAGLES!!!!!! LOL!

Philly_Eagles.PNG 26 KB

I think you're good w this one....

#1339 6 years ago

Got to say congratulations to Peyton for breaking the TD pass record. 212 more yards and he'll have the passing record also.

#1340 6 years ago

those Redskins couldn't buy a win

#1341 6 years ago

Eagles on Fire!!!!!!!! Brandon Marshall is the pushoff King!!!

always_sunny_birds_of_war.jpg

#1342 6 years ago

Eagles will blow out the Cowboys and end the Garrett tenure.....

#1343 6 years ago

Unbelievable. No one wants the North!

#1344 6 years ago

No one wants the North!

Or the last AFC playoff spot. Four teams in the running, and not one of them controls their own destiny. Miami took the day off yesterday, but the Chargers didn't. So it's wide open.

#1345 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Eagles will blow out the Cowboys and end the Garrett tenure.....

And all Dallas will end up with is another p***y coach who won't stand his ground against Jerry jones. Wash, rinse, repeat every 3 years or so.

And for once romo didn't throw a pick with the game on the line.

#1346 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Four teams in the running, and not one of them controls their own destiny. Miami took the day off yesterday, but the Chargers didn't. So it's wide open.

Yes, that's a very confusing scenario. It will make for an interesting Sunday, next week.

The best thing the NFL has done in the past few years is make the last game of the decision against a divisional team. We've got the NFC North and NFC East titles on the line, and also the AFC spot mentioned.

#1347 6 years ago

Yes, that's a very confusing scenario.

Let me explain it for you. Miami hosts the Jets, The Chargers host the Chiefs, Pittsburgh hosts Browns, and the Ravens play in Cincinnati.
If the Steelers win and the other three lose, they are in.
If the Chargers win and both Miami and Baltimore lose, they are in.
If the Ravens win and the Chargers or Dolphins (Edit) lose, they are in.
If Miami wins, and the Chargers win or the Ravens lose, they are in.
If all four lose, the Dolphins are in.

#1348 6 years ago

Further to O-D's above post:

Ravens are in I believe also if:
*Ravens win, Dolphins lose, Chargers win, and Steelers win or lose.

Dolphins are in I believe also if:
* Dolphins, Ravens and Chargers all win, creates a three-way tie, Miami wins tie-breaker due to a better conference record.

What a tangled web for final play-off spots this year.

Saints play-off situation still not settled yet either.
Saints really need to win at home vs TB Bucs on Sun afternoon. Go Saints!

#1349 6 years ago

Further to O-D's above post:

My bad. I meant to say if the Ravens win and the Dolphins or Chargers lose they are in. The good news for my teams is that since the Bengal's playoff spot has not been secured, and it is an early scheduled game, they have no reason to rest any players or not try to win that game, but I'm hoping the Chargers continue their roll, and the Dolphins can play much better than they did yesterday.

#1350 6 years ago

wow romo out for season. I'm not a cowboys fan but I was very interested to see how next week shakes out

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Boards
PinSound
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 21.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, MD
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 55.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 28.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep
There are 21483 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 430.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside