nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 1,516.
#13401 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

but the cards over the lions & Texans over the saints?! CMON MAN..
I just had to say that...

Haha. Lions sans Megatron aren’t what they were back then, and Stafford drops off at odd times during games. I think Kyler Murray wants to prove something this year, so he’s going to come out firing. Or at least trying to.

Saints and Brees could be hit or miss this season. I just feel like the Texans might pull it off. Right now Saints are giving 7 points, so at minimum I think the Texans might cover.

Week one is always a crapshoot.

#13402 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Haha. Lions sans Megatron aren’t what they were back then, and Stafford drops off at odd times during games. I think Kyler Murray wants to prove something this year, so he’s going to come out firing. Or at least trying to.
Saints and Brees could be hit or miss this season. I just feel like the Texans might pull it off. Right now Saints are giving 7 points, so at minimum I think the Texans might cover.

I think that this Murray kid will be nervous as heck..hopefully he doesn’t do a ‘Peterman’ w 5 ints..

#13403 4 years ago

I'll take DET against ARI.

If Patricia is ANY good as a defensive HC, he will be able to shut down a 5'8" QB on his first day on the job. An inside blitz should get him pretty rattled. Those dudes are big, it'll be like he's looking for his parents over the tops of the shelves at Toys'r'Us. Bring the OLBs in on a low tight zone and take away his ability to scramble. Bring in a CB blitz on occasion.

I hope Patricia is a fraud, though. That would be fun.

#13404 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It usually takes me 3 or 4 weeks before I get any type of feel of how good teams are. There are always a few big surprises. The Rams have a tough early schedule that scares me. Packers are in the same boat. Although unlikely, I could see both teams 1-4 after week 5 if the breaks don’t go their way.

Week 1 Rams have to play road game against Panthers. Rams have never done well with those east coast early starts plus their starters haven’t played since last Super Bowl and might be rusty for a half. They could easily lose that one.
Week 2 Rams host Saints and could lose that one.
Week 3 Rams play Browns in Cleveland. Could lose that one.
Week 4 Rams host bucs and will win that one
Week 5 Rams travel to Seattle and certainly could lose that one.

Packers

Week 1 Packers at Bears could easily lose
Week 2 Packers host Vikings should win but could lose.
Week 3 Packers host Broncos should win
Week 4 Packers host Eagles and could lose
Week 5 Packers have to go to Dallas and could easily lose.

Week 1 feels really big for these two teams.

#13405 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Here’s my picks for the week via office pool.[quoted image]

Check out your picks.

“Either way...Suck it Dallas”. Was your quote glad to see we could be of help to you. Lol.

#13406 4 years ago

I’m here in Schenectady for 5 days.
I don’t know what football country this is, but it sure as shit ain’t Tom Brady Land. Who would you say is this area’s favorite team?

#13407 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah it's eerily quiet!
Hey just a note, and this applies to the rest of the season:
I am not a pro prognositcator. I'm no "Levi the Jew." I do not gamble on football, and I can't stand fucking fantasy (the worst part about the season is going to be hearing about your goddamn fantasy team. Pro tip: NOBODY ON THE PLANET GIVES A FUCK ABOUT YOUR FANTASY TEAM EXCEPT YOU! But I digress)
This is to say that all prediction are for amusement and my own entertainment only, for the entire season (including playoffs). Please do not challenge me to an actual cash bet. Please do not take them seriously. I suck ass at predictions.
Ok, so anyway, I think the Bears will stomp the Pack. Any other takes on this?

Easy boys- I made a FF sarcastic joke-no need to get your undies in a bunch....

FYI-I know where the FF thread is...….

#13408 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

ESPN and CBS Sports both have the Bears missing the playoffs. But what do they know? Hacks compared to a bunch of pinball players and their endless wealth of football knowledge.

Really?!

You don't strike me as a "I'm really into trusting the mainstream media" guy.

#13409 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I like/agree w most of those picks...but the cards over the lions & Texans over the saints?! CMON MAN..
I just had to say that...

Right.

Everyone who plays the Cards (especially a bad team) had better be giving 110% because if they can’t win that game their season is done. Think the Cards are missing their two top CB so Lions are looking to feast.

#13410 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Tomorrow should be interesting.
Trey Burton is likely out (listed as Q, but coaches said he probably isn't in "playing shape"). That's big, because shitty QBs tend to rely heavily on their TE. I'd like to see us key in on Cohen (or maybe Montgomery if he becomes a factor) and bring heavy pressure often.
Jaire Alexander is one of the best young CBs in the league, and Kevin King (good when not injured) is also expected to play. Throw in Amos and Clark, and I think we have the edge over their offense. Take away their checkdowns, and challenge Trubisky to make throws down field.
Their defense is obviously their biggest strength. We have 0 reps from 12 to anyone in a game before that first throw tomorrow. If 12 makes throws on time I think we can at least drive the ball on occasion and rely on their offense to make some mistakes. If you see 12 running outside the pocket a lot, I'm nervous, not only for the outcome of the game, but for the season and his ability to accept game plans in general.
I'm also very interested to see how Nagy reacts when in FG range.. Will he kick? That doink affected him probably more than anyone. The Bears basically shut down their kicking game after the new guy made a 58 yarder in the second(?) preseason game, worrying that a miss could destroy his sensitive psyche. That's a fun storyline to follow.

Very good pregame analogy...I hope your chili is just as good.....lol

#13411 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Eagles 28, Redskins 10

I'll grant you the Eagles win (as long as Wentz doesn't partially tear his MCL running out of the locker room), but I don't see any week 1 blowouts in the NFC East with teams healthy and ready to go (most of the Skins team the Eagles blew out at the end of last season is bagging groceries today). The Skins D should be much better then you are giving them credit for, if you are even aware of them at all.

Keenum is certainly one of the worst starting QBs in the league though and I just don't see the Skins scoring too many points. And also...Ereck Flowers...(shudder).

I'd say the Eagles by 4.

As far as what I'll be eating, I just don't have the grilling capacity you guys do (it's illegal to grill on a fire escape), so I'll probably be getting some delicious spicy soy garlic korean chicken wings from the joint down the street.

#13412 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Really?!
You don't strike me as a "I'm really into trusting the mainstream media" guy.

I'll take the collective knowledge of the people at ESPN and CBS Sports over some dude on a pinball forum any day of the week (and twice on Sunday).

#13413 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Here’s my picks for the week via office pool.[quoted image]

Im thinking the Bengals are going to surprise everyone and whip the Seahawks asses!

#13414 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'll take the collective knowledge of the people at ESPN and CBS Sports over some dude on a pinball forum any day of the week (and twice on Sunday).

If you really studied the success of their predictions and matched them up with "ours," you'd probably see they are about the same. Their crystal ball is 0% more effective than ours.

Those guys are wrong all the time. In fact, look at the week 1 picks. There are several matchups where the "experts" are literally split 50/50 on who will win. How do you square that?

So do you have any predictions, or are you refusing to participate in the fun because you don't work for CBS?

#13415 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Check out your picks.
“Either way...Suck it Dallas”. Was your quote glad to see we could be of help to you. Lol.

Money is money. But it was painful for me to circle that. And when I submitted that sheet last week, Jerry Jones hadn’t licked Elliot’s balls yet.

#13416 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'll grant you the Eagles win (as long as Wentz doesn't partially tear his MCL running out of the locker room)

“This post was moderated 10 minutes ago. Broken record.”

If I ever see you on the street...

DA70FC69-9B1B-4DA3-8E49-445E295976A2.gifDA70FC69-9B1B-4DA3-8E49-445E295976A2.gif
#13417 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you really studied the success of their predictions and matched them up with "ours," you'd probably see they are about the same.
Those guys are wrong all the time.
So do you have any predictions, or are you refusing to participate because you don't work for CBS?

Sorry you're triggered because someone said the Bears aren't making the playoffs. Sucks to suck, I guess.

#13418 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Sorry you're triggered because someone said the Bears aren't making the playoffs. Sucks to suck, I guess.

Right cause I'm a bears fan.

Again, hilarious to see a guy who uses the word "triggered" in daily conversation putting his undying faith in the media.

It's gonna be a long season around here I can see.

#13419 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right cause I'm a bears fan.
Again, hilarious to see a guy who uses the word "triggered" in daily conversation being a huge fan of the media.
It's gonna be a long season around here I can see.

When did I say I was a "huge fan of the media"? Just comparing two sports outlets to a pinball discussion forum. Apples and oranges.

#13420 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

I’m here in Schenectady for 5 days.
I don’t know what football country this is, but it sure as shit ain’t Tom Brady Land. Who would you say is this area’s favorite team?

Unfortunately the giants.

#13421 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

“This post was moderated 10 minutes ago. Broken record.”
If I ever see you on the street... [quoted image]

You'll strip off your clothes and chase me down wearing a onesie?

I'm game, baby!

#13422 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Jerry Jones hadn’t licked Elliot’s balls yet.

I would have told his ass to take a hike. Jerry Jones f*cked up by giving into him. I would rather invest that money in a stud offensive or defensive lineman. Running backs are a dime a dozen. Yeah Elliot is good but he was under contract and i would have made him honor that. You can’t let players make demands like that, its not only bad for the Cowboys, its bad for the whole entire league. Jerry Jones really did a very stupid thing by reworking his deal.

#13423 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would have told his ass to take a hike. Jerry Jones f*cked up by giving into him. I would rather invest that money in a stud offensive or defensive lineman. Running backs are a dime a dozen. Yeah Elliot is good but he was under contract and i would have made him honor that. You can’t let players make demands like that, its not only bad for the Cowboys, its bad for the whole entire league. Jerry Jones really did a very stupid thing by reworking his deal.

Jerry Jones is old and rich and wants more rings before he dies.

#13424 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Jerry Jones is old and rich and wants more rings before he dies.

Yeah but running backs dont win Super Bowls, defense does. Jones just needed to make an example out of him. Now we are going to have every hot shot player in the league demanding a new contract. Next thing you know all the players will get together and go on strike because they want a better deal.

#13425 4 years ago
3567432924_e38717c4b4_b (resized).jpg3567432924_e38717c4b4_b (resized).jpg
#13426 4 years ago

Antonio Brown to be suspended after confrontation with his GM??

#13427 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

LMAO well that's going well.

#13428 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO well that's going well.

Season hasn't even started yet! What a drama queen.....
Hes a great player, but not worth the headache.....

#13429 4 years ago
D6D9E6DE-9004-4CB5-9927-634898607AC9 (resized).jpegD6D9E6DE-9004-4CB5-9927-634898607AC9 (resized).jpeg
#13430 4 years ago

ROFL!

#13431 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah Elliot is good but he was under contract and i would have made him honor that.

YOU would, really?

#13432 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

I find it hard to believe anyone would be surprised about this development. Brown is a class act of his own, pure asshole period, unfortunately the Raiders are learning that fact first hand.

#13433 4 years ago

I watched Hard Knocks, just like I do most years. They touched on the Antonio Brown debacle, but really seemed they tried to smooth it over, and act like it wasn't a big deal. That show is nothing more than NFL fluff.

I don't think Burfict even made an appearance.. I forgot he was on the team. The dirtiest player in the NFL barely gets a mention? cmon.

Gruden also came off as a complete doofus. Counting backwards by 3s, and really proud of himself for that ability. It reminds me of my mother-in-law sharing those stupid puzzles that "only 3% of people can solve!".

#13434 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Gruden also came off as a complete doofus.

So pretty much like classic Gruden form his coaching, TV, and ever other time you've seen or heard form him.

#13435 4 years ago

What’s everyone’s prediction for 2nites game? I’ll say 24-20 for the cheeseheads..

#13436 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So pretty much like classic Gruden form his coaching, TV, and ever other time you've seen or heard form him.

He wasn't the best, but I didn't mind him in the booth. Well... as long as he was the only color guy. There were some really uncomfortable moments with him and Jaworski. He's better than most, which I guess just goes to show there aren't many people that are very good at it (looking at you, witten).

If you want to see how bad commentating can be, tune in for the late MNF game. That's always a shit show, and I don't even know who they have, yet. Mike and Mike did it one year - laughably bad, and those guys had been working together for a decade or more. The year with Berman was even worse.

#13437 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I find it hard to believe anyone would be surprised about this development. Brown is a class act of his own, pure asshole period, unfortunately the Raiders are learning that fact first hand.

His 'sh!t show' with the Raiders is only getting started......

#13438 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Can’t believe I drafted this ass clown in my fantasy team. I think Raiders should have tried to reverse the trade when he started acting all mental during the preseason.

I hope he never plays football again.

8E2328B3-D5B0-48F3-9F90-56118904B182 (resized).jpeg8E2328B3-D5B0-48F3-9F90-56118904B182 (resized).jpeg

#13439 4 years ago

Raiders can void Browns contract which I think it should do because he’s being an ass clown now when he just got a huge contract what do you think will be in a year or two when guys like JuJu are making more than him so he’ll surely want more money etc.

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2019/09/all-out-antonio-brown-faces-suspension-from-raiders-could-lose-30m.html

#13440 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I hope he never plays football again.
[quoted image]

He's too talented and will never run out of chances as long as he wants them. See Josh Gordon.

#13441 4 years ago

WEll he was an ass clown sure, but when they started fining him that's starting a showdown for sure.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha Brown trade #1 (at least) fell apart. I really honestly thing he may need a wellness check...he's losing it.

Seriously I think he has CTE already.

#13442 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He's too talented and will never run out of chances as long as he wants them. See Josh Gordon.

Ya- how many chances has he gotten so far??

#13443 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Ya- how many chances has he gotten so far??

But Gordon is just a weed head, Brown is a major jerk.

Least ways if I was taking him on I’d structure the contract that would be 100% voidable if he any starts trouble.

#13444 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Ah no.

NFL (Cleveland Browns): Gordon told GQ he had a pregame ritual where he would take bong rips and/or shots of Grand Marnier or whiskey before kick-off.

“I would drink probably like half a glass, or a couple shots to try and warm my system up,” he said. “To get the motor running. That’s what I would do for games.”

Gordon estimated he had something in his system for “probably every game of [his] career,” including those in college. Gordon said he also frequently missed meetings and often showed up late — with bloodshot eyes.

#13445 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Least ways if I was taking him on I’d structure the contract that would be 100% voidable if he any starts trouble.

Gordon seems like a MAJOR headcase, not just a stoner. Same with Brown.

The Patriots get away with murder because they are the Patriots and all "geniuses" but I'd have to think if any other team had him on the roster this year they'd be getting lambasted.

CTE is real folks. Speaking of which why hasn't a "CTE Hoaxer" movement caught on? Seeing as how football really appeals to the "science denier" crowd and all.

#13446 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can’t believe I drafted this ass clown in my fantasy team.

That's what happens when you play pretend football.

#13447 4 years ago

A.B. has a contract that’s worth over a million dollars per game and he’s complaining about a $54K fine which he deserved. It’s not like the Raiders told him not to practice or show up for meetings. Also if I read correctly the fines were part of collective bargain agreement and I’m not sure they were optional or if they were mandatory for the Raiders to fine him.

So A.B. is worried about $54K when he only plays in around 30 minutes a game, so he’s mad about forfeiting 3 minutes of a game check. Now he’s going to lose (hopefully) a full game check and his entire contract can be void and miss games even if he signs with another team it won’t be as much as he was scheduled to make.

LOL

Only thing is that I don’t see why Raiders have not just suspended him already.

#13448 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Only thing is that I don’t see why Raiders have not just suspended him already.

Because once they do he'll rebel and quit on the team.
Thing aboot them Old School Raiders hard asses was I think they actually hated the NFL and having a bunch of shitbags was like Anti-league. Now they're just part of the system.

#13449 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Seriously I think he has CTE already.

I read something on Reddit that all but one of A.B.'s issues have taken place after the late hit by Burfict in 2016 where he was knocked out.

#13450 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I read something on Reddit that all but one of A.B.'s issues have taken place after the late hit by Burfict in 2016 where he was knocked out.

Uff that was a bad one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/269 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.