Topic Stats

• 21,402 posts
  • 364 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,720 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1A3C8A58-F3F9-461A-9901-44E9A0E0DB9A (resized).jpeg
B99B5C2F-5BB8-4C44-9F42-24666E9C47B8 (resized).jpeg
here's Johnny (resized).jpg
DDE0535E-F5B1-4FBA-BD7C-E3EBD07494E4 (resized).jpeg
D3A6F375-D0E0-46BC-A17D-BDA5530F9107 (resized).png
download_20200207_213253 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
kansas (resized).png
C162AA67-8E8F-4244-9A05-A49E057B29CE (resized).jpeg
shut up (resized).jpg
vlcsnap-2019-07-18-22h31m42s331 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
950DA363-9FA5-4C96-BCA1-F4072EE96853 (resized).jpeg
0ap3000000795730 (resized).jpg
71A3C657-4C06-46DB-A218-036144B905EB (resized).jpeg
4C9BED32-054C-4DCC-AECC-C880E8A3FA9B (resized).jpeg

There are 21402 posts in this topic. You are on page 268 of 429.
#13351 5 months ago

Who is in the MNF booth now? It cant be worse than witten.

How about the b-crew (being generous) that does the double header?

#13352 5 months ago

I like the addition of Clowney and I also like what we paid for him

#13353 5 months ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Who is in the MNF booth now? It cant be worse than witten.

Booger McFarland.

#13354 5 months ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Except for the fact that he’s an expensive one year rental, I don’t really see a downside for the hawks. Will help them big time this season.

#13355 5 months ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I wanted Eagles to get him seems like low risk for a potential difference maker.

#13356 5 months ago

Great move by Schneider.

Packers cut backup Deshone Kizer. We traded for him with Damarious Randall, a 1st pick in 2015. He was a problem, but we also tried playing him out of position at CB (we also failed to recognize Micah Hyde as a safety). So overall, feels like we just blew our 2015 draft.

The other big one I heard today was Jachai Polite (3rd) cut by the jets.

#13357 5 months ago

I think when I first joined up here I was watching a playoff game on my game room TV and Colin Kaepernick was leading the 49rs to a victory.

We've come a long way since then....

#13358 5 months ago

Two days..

#13359 5 months ago

If you don't have DirecTV (or even if you do, I guess) the Sunday Ticket U streaming package is $80 for the year after promo code BACKTOSCHOOL

Downside to the streaming-only package is that it's limited to viewing on one device at a time. Though you can do the 4-game "Game Mix" thing.

(And you don't need a .edu or other edumacational email. You just need the college/university, student name, and DOB. How you acquire those is up to you.)

#13360 5 months ago

My DirecTV just hooked me back up with Sunday Ticket for free. Also DVR Genie upgrade no charge and $40 off per month for a year for being a loyal customer.

You have to be persistent though and get through the first few levels of representatives that want to give you shit you don't care about or want instead.

#13361 5 months ago

Then you have to be super persistent when the next bill doesn't reflect those changes.

#13362 5 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

My DirecTV

DirectTV sucks in this part of the country, let a crow fly by and your signal is lost.

#13363 5 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

DirectTV sucks in this part of the country, let a crow fly by and your signal is lost.

Well cable here is worse. Capcom or whatever they call themselves now I tried for a weekend and the remotes they issued totally sucked. You had to be right in front of the TV pointing it right at it. Carpal tunnel for sure. I took their junk back the next Monday. Fortunately I hadn't quit DirecTV yet.

AT+T counts on the ratty 60 year old phone lines for their u-verse that can't even keep a landline or internet alive so they are out too. Or any other company that uses the phone lines.

Here, DirecTV has been most reliable and in the last 10 years the only temporary outage came during one of the serious downpours we had last winter but came quickly back up.

#13364 5 months ago

I'm fucking ready for some fooootball!

#13365 5 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah man!

The only thing more fun than complaining about football is watching it.

#13366 5 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No doubt! Now I not only get to watch the Chargers on the regular channel, but the Dolphins lose all their games except their annual shellacking of the Patriots!

Life is good.

#13367 5 months ago

Very interested in Thursday Night. I always love seeing the Packers get wHipped, but you can never trust Chicago....god the pack has been pure shit.

Per usual I will be placing whomever is playing the Bengals in the knock out pool.

#13368 5 months ago

Bears are gonna stomp the Pack.

Packers have been exceedingly mediocre for years now, but everybody in WI is convinced they are the center of the NFL universe, which shouldn't be surprising considering the pinside posts that often come out of America's Dairyland.

I think this might be the season that reality finally sets in that the Packers are also-rans.

#13369 5 months ago

I'm very interested in the Steelers first game myself. Got a feeling the Bears might beat the Pack. But I'm not sure how either team compares to last year's.

#13370 5 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

but the Dolphins lose all their games except their annual shellacking of the Patriots!
Life is good.

Would you care to put a wager on that?

#13371 5 months ago

So glad football is back!

Go Bears!

On a side note- in one of my 2 fantasy football leagues I drafted Rodgers-ensuring he'll have a terrible season!

#13372 5 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I'm not quite as confident this year as in years past, but they sure spanked them hard last year.

#13373 5 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

which shouldn't be surprising considering the pinside posts that often come out of America's Dairyland.

Not as many as there used to be

#13374 5 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not as many as there used to be

Yeah it's eerily quiet!

Hey just a note, and this applies to the rest of the season:

I am not a pro prognositcator. I'm no "Levi the Jew." I do not gamble on football, and I can't stand fucking fantasy (the worst part about the season is going to be hearing about your goddamn fantasy team. Pro tip: NOBODY ON THE PLANET GIVES A FUCK ABOUT YOUR FANTASY TEAM EXCEPT YOU! But I digress)

This is to say that all prediction are for amusement and my own entertainment only, for the entire season (including playoffs). Please do not challenge me to an actual cash bet. Please do not take them seriously. I suck ass at predictions.

Ok, so anyway, I think the Bears will stomp the Pack. Any other takes on this?

#13375 5 months ago

Tomorrow should be interesting.

Trey Burton is likely out (listed as Q, but coaches said he probably isn't in "playing shape"). That's big, because shitty QBs tend to rely heavily on their TE. I'd like to see us key in on Cohen (or maybe Montgomery if he becomes a factor) and bring heavy pressure often.

Jaire Alexander is one of the best young CBs in the league, and Kevin King (good when not injured) is also expected to play. Throw in Amos and Clark, and I think we have the edge over their offense. Take away their checkdowns, and challenge Trubisky to make throws down field.

Their defense is obviously their biggest strength. We have 0 reps from 12 to anyone in a game before that first throw tomorrow. If 12 makes throws on time I think we can at least drive the ball on occasion and rely on their offense to make some mistakes. If you see 12 running outside the pocket a lot, I'm nervous, not only for the outcome of the game, but for the season and his ability to accept game plans in general.

I'm also very interested to see how Nagy reacts when in FG range.. Will he kick? That doink affected him probably more than anyone. The Bears basically shut down their kicking game after the new guy made a 58 yarder in the second(?) preseason game, worrying that a miss could destroy his sensitive psyche. That's a fun storyline to follow.

#13376 5 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Any other takes on this?

I got a take that I agree with your whole statement there.

#13377 5 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey just a note, and this applies to the rest of the season: I am not a pro prognositcator. I'm no "Levi the Jew." I do not gamble on football.... This is to say that all prediction are for amusement and my own entertainment only, for the entire season (including playoffs). Please do not challenge me to an actual cash bet. Please do not take them seriously. I suck ass at predictions.

You could have used this disclaimer when you were pimping the Skins to win the NFC last season.

#13378 5 months ago

I agree with Levi though.

Let's keep the fantasy football talk to the fantasy football threads. It's like talking virtual pinball on a real pinball forum.

#13379 5 months ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

On a side note- in one of my 2 fantasy football leagues I drafted Rodgers-ensuring he'll have a terrible season!

Thanks for taking one for the team.

#13380 5 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm not quite as confident this year as in years past, but they sure spanked them hard last year.

LOL, you talk a lot of smack. Just wanted to see if you wanted to put your money where your mouth is. Not surprisingly, the answer is no.

#13381 5 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

LOL, you talk a lot of smack. Just wanted to see if you wanted to put your money where your mouth is. Not surprisingly, the answer is no.

OK big fellow, what kind of odds you offering? How about for the 9/15 game, my $20 vs. you use your TB jersey as toilet paper for a week? Since you're feeling confident and all.

#13382 5 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Honestly, if history repeats itself, the Patriots usually melt in south Florida.

But I haven't paid attention to either team in the off season or preseason and learned a long time ago, don't ever bet on the Dolphins. So I don't.

I do however enjoy watching them hold the Pats to almost no yards and no first downs in a half, something that no other team seems to be able to do.

#13383 5 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Honestly, if history repeats itself, the Patriots usually melt in south Florida.
But I haven't paid attention to either team in the off season or preseason and learned a long time ago, don't ever bet on the Dolphins. So I don't.
I do however enjoy watching them hold the Pats to almost no yards and no first downs in a half, something that no other team seems to be able to do.

Don't worry, if the Dolphins win against the Patriots you can come on here and remind everyone you predicted it.

Just not enough to put money on it.

#13384 5 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah it's eerily quiet!
I can't stand fucking fantasy (the worst part about the season is going to be hearing about your goddamn fantasy team. Pro tip: NOBODY ON THE PLANET GIVES A FUCK ABOUT YOUR FANTASY TEAM EXCEPT YOU! But I digress)

Im right there with ya. Can’t stand fantasy football or fantasy any other sport. Fantasy has gotten out of control. What a big waste of time to get into that crap. Next thing you know, some tool is going to come up with fantasy pinball.

#13385 5 months ago

Fantasy is fine, in fact it's great; just not to hear aboot.

#13386 5 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

My DirecTV just hooked me back up with Sunday Ticket for free. Also DVR Genie upgrade no charge and $40 off per month for a year for being a loyal customer.
You have to be persistent though and get through the first few levels of representatives that want to give you shit you don't care about or want instead.

Every year I have to threaten to cancel directv until they hook me up with free Sunday ticket. This year they suckered me into switching out my receivers to the genie and I gotta say that those new remotes really suck. Gotta point them right at the box, big delay between hitting button until receiver responds to it. Can’t see buttons in the dark. My old remotes had light up buttons.

When I was a kid I would turn on the tv and picture and sound would come on within a second or two. Changing channels was instantaneous. New genie takes about 10 to 15 seconds for picture to come up and another 10 to 15 seconds for the sound and ability to change channels or use remote in any way. But I digress.

#13387 5 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Every year I have to threaten to cancel directv until they hook me up with free Sunday ticket. This year they suckered me into switching out my receivers to the genie and I gotta say that those new remotes really suck. Gotta point them right at the box, big delay between hitting button until receiver responds to it. Can’t see buttons in the dark. My old remotes had light up buttons.

Your old remotes will still work if you have them, but I have quickly acclimated to the new ones.The ones they gave me work great pointed any direction. That was one of the holdups of me changing over. There was always a slight delay though.

My buddy with u-verse, his is super fast, but our phone lines suck so I won't ever get that.

#13388 5 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

My buddy with u-verse, his is super fast, but our phone lines suck so I won't ever get that.

U-verse is the total goddamn worst.

#13389 5 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

U-verse is the total goddamn worst.

Like I said it's dependent on your phone lines. Some they care about, others not so much.

#13390 5 months ago

A sexy pix err pick this year...

D36BB97C-608C-410C-978B-BCE53CC6452C (resized).jpeg
#13391 5 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

To be fair, the Pats beat themselves when they go to party town. Should be great for survivor league.

#13392 5 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You could have used this disclaimer when you were pimping the Skins to win the NFC last season.

Never trust anybody who picks the skins to win the nfc east.

#13393 5 months ago

ESPN and CBS Sports both have the Bears missing the playoffs. But what do they know? Hacks compared to a bunch of pinball players and their endless wealth of football knowledge.

#13394 5 months ago

Does anyone have any insight into the upcoming games? All I see is baseless cheerio pissing, or complaints about other people's fairytale football teams (maybe worse than actually talking FF). Cmon, we can do better..

In other news - I'm making some fucking chili right now. Football is so close I can smell it!

#13395 5 months ago

In other news - I'm making some fucking chili right now. Football is so close I can smell it!

Is there cheese in that chili? If you Pack fans could get your women to sport these instead, that would be great.

3870ACCD-B73D-4C65-BA51-EDBE5D254BE2 (resized).jpeg
#13396 5 months ago

Does anyone have any insight into the upcoming games?

Eagles 28, Redskins 10

#13397 5 months ago

Way ahead of ya.

green-bay-packers-cheesehead (resized).jpg
#13398 5 months ago

Here’s my picks for the week via office pool.

12DD8228-919C-4C6B-BD77-1A90C5E7D712 (resized).png
#13399 5 months ago
878fdf0d47866f4de46d440d93cfe416 (resized).jpg
#13400 5 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Here’s my picks for the week via office pool.[quoted image]

I like/agree w most of those picks...but the cards over the lions & Texans over the saints?! CMON MAN..
I just had to say that...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 21.00
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, MD
Boards
PinSound
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 59.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Pinball Machine
Monster Bash Remake Out of stock
Flip N Out Pinball
There are 21402 posts in this topic. You are on page 268 of 429.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside