IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-08 204744 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-182844_Brave (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,614 posts in this topic. You are on page 267 of 1,513.
#13301 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm a Donkeys fan, but this year's looking rough from the outset with questionable staff and tough injuries before the season even starts. D is looking better than last year, but you need at least some offensive production to win games and I'm not sure we've got that. Hopefully they prove me wrong and squeak into the playoffs somehow.
On your end, will be interesting to see if Mahomes can meet or beat last year's insane production, I'm sure you're looking forward to finding out.

I like watching Von Miller..I like when announcers say that he reminds them of Derrick Thomas..big time compliment. You boys had your championships..I just want 1!

#13302 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

That was an entertaining game @ arrowhead last year..a real shootout..but the 1 that obviously hurt was the afc title game vs #12..can’t wait to play the cheatriots errr patriots!!

Yeah we all got screwed playing the Patriots last year.

Again, how did they end up with another first round bye? Thank the Jets and the Bills for that. At least the Dolphins did their part by whooping them once.

#13303 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm a Donkeys fan

I am a Broncos fan because I thought football was boring until I seen a game with Elway and the three amigos. I hated that Denver lost so many super bowls and 55/10 that time...ouch. I am glad Elway did finally get 2 rings, and I am glad Peyton got his 2nd ring. I also liked watching Jim Kelly and Dan Marino play, sucks they never could get a ring.

I can not stand the Falcons, I just never care for quarterbacks they choose anymore. I will be so glad when Matt Ryan retires or gets traded. Hell, the falcons drafted Brett Farve and let him go, how stupid.

I have always hated the raiders because it seems every punk wants to wear their gear.

Last season I really enjoyed watching Mahomes.

I like several teams and hate several teams for one reason or another.

I just wish the nfl would leave the rules alone. It will be flag football soon the way it is going. I get helmet to helmet is bad, but some of the other stuff? c'mon man!

#13304 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have always hated the raiders because it seems every punk wants to wear their gear.

1992 called. Wants its stereotype back.

#13305 4 years ago

Those were the good old days!
No tenants to deal with...luckily I do have great ones now.
My Dad was still in good health.
I worked 80 hours a week then, but it was easy, I loved it, and saved every penny I could.
A lot of things in life were better in 1992 than now. Hell nfl rules were better then.

#13306 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey at least he didn't say the only thing worse was the Jerri curl guy with the Bulls hat.

#13307 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

A lot of things in life were better in 1992 than now. Hell nfl rules were better then.

No shit. 1992 was when we were young verile men and we didn’t know that our nfl heroes were smashing their brains into mush. 1992 was when a young tight 19 year old girl whispered in my ear that she wanted to eff me. The next night her best friend whispered in my ear the same thing. Yeah, 1992 was pretty good. NFL rules were better then maybe for some fans, but they weren’t better for the players. Nostalgia is a bitch my friend.

#13308 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Funny you should say that. I work with some OG raider fans that were young and tough fans back in the day. Now they are successful family men with big fat bellies and old faded tattoos. They still wear their Raiders hats though. Some of them are actually rooting for the Rams as well. Everyone agrees that the Chargers suck and should go back to San Diego.

#13309 4 years ago

Was watching the Chiefs Niners game tonight. Mahomes looked like a man among boys. His throws were crisp and accurate and he looked confident in the pocket. Garoppolo looked like a boy among men. His throws were wobbly and behind the receivers, and he had happy feet in the pocket.

My prediction:

Rams vs Chiefs in the Super Bowl, assuming Wentz gets hurt and Brees gets old.

#13310 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

1992 was when a young tight 19 year old girl whispered in my ear that she wanted to eff me. The next night her best friend whispered in my ear the same thing.

The internet sure can be a magical place sometimes.

#13311 4 years ago
image000000 (resized).jpgimage000000 (resized).jpg
#13312 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

[quoted image]

And the raiders are mathematically out of playoff contention...

#13313 4 years ago

Just got back from Dallas me and my son to watch the cowboys beat up on the Texans. We were front row got to play catch with jj watt and got on the field at the end of the game. Last we shook hands with moose Johnston. The old fullback for emitt. Was a little star struck wasn’t able to grab that pic but did some research and found out he is from western ny and went to cuse. Another one of our teams. Go Cowboys

8DEA8880-40E9-40BD-9F74-E6B7264FF533 (resized).jpeg8DEA8880-40E9-40BD-9F74-E6B7264FF533 (resized).jpegC24CF04B-FDCD-4CBB-9EC6-B3A879467E8C (resized).jpegC24CF04B-FDCD-4CBB-9EC6-B3A879467E8C (resized).jpeg46A131E3-998B-474B-9151-CFD470BA5299 (resized).jpeg46A131E3-998B-474B-9151-CFD470BA5299 (resized).jpeg
#13314 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

No shit. 1992 was when we were young verile men and we didn’t know that our nfl heroes were smashing their brains into mush. 1992 was when a young tight 19 year old girl whispered in my ear that she wanted to eff me. The next night her best friend whispered in my ear the same thing. Yeah, 1992 was pretty good. NFL rules were better then maybe for some fans, but they weren’t better for the players. Nostalgia is a bitch my friend.

Yeah it is funny, EVERYBODY thinks 30 years ago was a "simpler time" and that it was way awesomer. Of course it was! You were a kid, or a teenager, and had zero responsibilities or serious problems. Now you are old and beholden to a boss, a wife, the bank, etc. Derrr....things were so much better back in 1855!

1992 was pretty sweet NFL wise as the Redskins started it out by winning their final Super Bowl. Magical season that was. As a Redskins fan life is pretty depressing, so of course we live in the past, it's all we've had since Bush sr was in office. I watched the "Skins 1991 yearbook" recently on youtube and was SHOCKED by the highlights. Virtually every play was a late hit, helmet to helmet, horse collar...it was almost painful to watch, seriously. They'll never be able to make football "safe" but anybody who wants football to be played like it was back then is some kind of a fascist.

#13315 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Was watching the Chiefs Niners game tonight. Mahomes looked like a man among boys. His throws were crisp and accurate and he looked confident in the pocket. Garoppolo looked like a boy among men. His throws were wobbly and behind the receivers, and he had happy feet in the pocket.
My prediction:

This seems like a fair prediction but I just can't help think the Rams window is already closing and that the Chiefs (Reid) will find some way to fuck it up. Is the Chief's atrocious defense from last year going to be any better? Will the Rams have a running game or is Gurley finished?

Brees? Who knows. Logic dictates that time will catch up with him.

Not surprised about Jimmy G. The Patriots have an almost hypnotic hold on the rest of the league when it comes to fleecing them for their useless backup QBs. Has a single one of these guys gone on to success post Patriots?

#13316 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

1992 was when a young tight 19 year old girl whispered in my ear that she wanted to eff me. The next night her best friend whispered in my ear the same thing. Yeah, 1992 was pretty good.

Is this the NFL thread or Penthouse Forum?

Hopefully Dirtbag doesn’t read this post or we’ll have to hear again about that time he gave Tom Coughlin head.

#13317 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is this the NFL thread or Penhouse Forum?
Hopefully Dirtbag doesn’t read this post or we’ll have to hear about that time he gave Tom Coughlin head again.

*Penthouse

#13318 4 years ago
image00000 (resized).jpgimage00000 (resized).jpg
#13319 4 years ago

I know some people aren’t fans of Wentz or think he’s not that great whatsoever. Here’s an article that looks at his numbers so far in his career 70 TD and 10k yards in his first 40 games played. Only players to do both Rodgers, Stafford, Peyton Manning, Kurt Warner, Romo and Marino.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagles-carson-wentz-quarterback-rankings-richard-rodgers-20190730.html%3foutputType=amp

Also points out that he has missed time in two straight seasons. But... seriously Mathew Stafford missed time in both his first seasons and now has started every game since. Only Sam Bradford has truly been a train wreck of injuries.

#13320 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Just got back from Dallas me and my son to watch the cowboys beat up on the Texans. We were front row got to play catch with jj watt and got on the field at the end of the game.

Great pics man! (Although it pains me to say it while staring at that star on the field)

#13321 4 years ago

I think Wentz has been a very good QB so far, but his sample size is also pretty limited. As everyone knows, he's had injury troubles. I don't think the ACL is necessarily indicative of future injury, but the back is something I'd be pretty worried about..

He's got the tools, but the fact that Foles was also really successful would lead me to believe that the system should get most of the praise, at least for now. I'd say that's a positive for Eagles fans.

#13322 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I know some people aren’t fans of Wentz or think he’s not that great whatsoever.

I don;t know any rational people that think that. He's well regarded as a great up and coming QB and a clear MVP candidate until injuries.

#13323 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Think the Rams will be able to muster up another field goal?

#13324 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

the fact that Foles was also really successful would lead me to believe that the system should get most of the praise, at least for now. I'd say that's a positive for Eagles fans.

It’s totally a team effort. Shows when a player like Mario has zero SB rings and others like Hostleter and Trent Dillfer and Foles have one.

But most Eagles fans were crushed when Wentz was lost to injury that year had no hope that Foles would continue to win. Truly shows that it was a team effort.

#13325 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Shows when a player like Mario has zero SB rings and others like Hostleter and Trent Dillfer and Foles have one.

"It's a me, Mario!"

#13326 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

But most Eagles fans were crushed when Wentz was lost to injury that year had no hope that Foles would continue to win. Truly shows that it was a team effort.

I know I’m biased, but what some people overlook too was that play should’ve been a complete penalty on the Rams. Wentz was in the end zone, and got sandwiched between two players almost with a clear intent to hurt him. No reason to hit a quarterback like that when he had already breached the plane.

And without Wentz’s 13-3 run, Eagles most likely wouldn’t have been in contention for SB in the first place.

As all Eagles fans, I’m definitely concerned and waiting to see how the season plays out.

Mahomes is crazy talented, and should have a stellar year. That is if Andy Reid can manage the clock properly.

#13327 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I know I’m biased, but what some people overlook too was that play should’ve been a complete penalty on the Rams. Wentz was in the end zone, and got sandwiched between two players almost with a clear intent to hurt him. No reason to hit a quarterback like that when he had already breached the plane.
And without Wentz’s 13-3 run, Eagles most likely wouldn’t have been in contention for SB in the first place.
As all Eagles fans, I’m definitely concerned and waiting to see how the season plays out.
Mahomes is crazy talented, and should have a stellar year. That is if Andy Reid can manage the clock properly.

Once QB turns into a runner there is no protection from being tackled. That’s the problem with option QB they can’t take the abuse like a running back does. Also of note the TD was nullified by holding so Wentz was able to stay in and throw a TD with a torn ACL.

#13328 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Mahomes is crazy talented, and should have a stellar year.

Of course I was watching that game and the play where Wentz got hurt. I don’t remember anything dirty about the play. Wentz tried to do too much and paid the price for it. They sandwiched him as he was reaching for the end zone. If he fumbled the ball, maybe the Rams win that game and get home field throughout the playoffs.

Plays happen really fast. I’ve seen defenders give up on a play when it looks like the qb is going out of bounds and then at the last second he cuts inside and goes for a big gain. Defenders gonna defend. Jimmy Garoppolo got injured trying to do too much as well. Bottom line is that quarterbacks shouldn’t be extending for that extra yard or diving for the end zone in the regular season.

#13329 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Once QB turns into a runner there is no protection from being tackled. That’s the problem with option QB they can’t take the abuse like a running back does. Also of note the TD was nullified by holding so Wentz was able to stay in and throw a TD with a torn ACL.

One of the reasons I don’t like him running, because you lose that protection. Still no need to hit him the way they did when he was already in the end zone, or any quarterback for that matter.

#13330 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

One of the reasons I don’t like him running, because you lose that protection. Still no need to hit him the way they did when he was already in the end zone, or any quarterback for that matter.

Better keep him out of Pittsburg then, since Bill Cowards day they've been taking on the NFL one knee at a time.

#13331 4 years ago

Either way...Suck it Dallas.

B49C7E86-E255-448B-9C7A-FF1F45DF69B8 (resized).jpegB49C7E86-E255-448B-9C7A-FF1F45DF69B8 (resized).jpeg
#13332 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Still no need to hit him the way they did when he was already in the end zone, or any quarterback for that matter.

I think you are misremembering that play. They hit him right at the goal line. Go back and look at it again. Edit: see how he extended to try to break the plane. That was his big mistake. Anytime you extend your body, you leave yourself completely vulnerable to injury.
F3559C14-FBB9-452A-846B-19325719D5ED (resized).jpegF3559C14-FBB9-452A-846B-19325719D5ED (resized).jpeg

#13333 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I think you are misremembering that play. They hit him right at the goal line.

I disagree. What a surprise. LOL. Only the tip of the ball has to touch the goal line these days. He was clearly getting in no matter what they did, unless they dove at him helmet to helmet at the 2 yard line. Watch it real time and tell me that they had to hit him the way that they did.

It was unnecessary, overzealous and an egregious hit, especially coming from two defensemen simultaneously.

#fauxfullscreen

#13334 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Either way...Suck it Dallas. [quoted image]

7163E03C-DF4A-4636-AB6A-45B5A157CFE1 (resized).png7163E03C-DF4A-4636-AB6A-45B5A157CFE1 (resized).png
#13335 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

[quoted image]

Haha. Nice. Their last SB win was in 1995. 24 years ago, and the year after I graduated high school.

I think Jerry Jones was only 70 then.

#13336 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

the year after I graduated high school.

Class of 91’

#13337 4 years ago

Class of 79. Cowboys = losers.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#13338 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I disagree. What a surprise. LOL. Only the tip of the ball has to touch the goal line these days. He was clearly getting in no matter what they did, unless they dove at him helmet to helmet at the 2 yard line. Watch it real time and tell me that they had to hit him the way that they did.
It was unnecessary, overzealous and an egregious hit, especially coming from two defensemen simultaneously.
#fauxfullscreen

You’re just being ridiculous right now. They were trying to cause him to fumble. They hit him before he broke the plane. Many fumbles are caused by a player being sandwiched. There was no cheap shot or intent to injure. It was a bang bang play.This isn’t a video game where as soon as the player breaks the plane the cheering sounds kick in and the players stop immediately. You’re a big homer, I get it. But take a poll and you will see that most here will disagree with you.

#13339 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

He was clearly getting in no matter what they did, unless they dove at him helmet to helmet at the 2 yard line. Watch it real time and tell me that they had to hit him the way that they did.

Thank you for literally describing every single play in football.

Quoted from RWH:

Better keep him out of Pittsburg then, since Bill Cowards day they've been taking on the NFL one knee at a time.

Well I think you're only remembering 1 knee. Darn you guys were pretty good that year too.

#13340 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, likely he'll finally figure that out after 20 years. Reid's a lost cause I think for a super bowl but he's a great coach till January rolls around.

#13341 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I disagree.
It was unnecessary, overzealous and an egregious .

J (resized).jpgJ (resized).jpg

Quoted from vicjw66:

You’re just being ridiculous right now. They were trying to cause him to fumble. They hit him before he broke the plane. Many fumbles are caused by a player being sandwiched. There was no cheap shot or intent to injure. It was a bang bang play.This isn’t a video game where as soon as the player breaks the plane the cheering sounds kick in and the players stop immediately. You’re a big homer, I get it. But take a poll and you will see that most here will disagree with you.

Is there a bigger homer here than Colsond?

Everybody is out to get the Eagles, the media doesn't respect the eagles, every tackle against an eagle is a dirty hit, the refs hate the eagles, the loutish drunken Eagles fanbase with its own stadium prison has an unfairly bad rep, cheesesteaks are underated, Ron Jaworski should be in the hall of fame, the Liberty Bell is underappreciated...

I mean most Eagles fans are PROUD of their rep, and he still thinks it's all a lamestream media construct!

#13342 4 years ago

#13343 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is there a bigger homer here than Colsond?

Yes and no.
All the things you mention yes.

Quoted from Colsond3:

No reason to hit a quarterback like that when he had already breached the plane.

But do those sound like the words of a Eagles fan? Maybe they are, maybe they all sound like that?

Never meet your heroes kids.

#13344 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes and no.
All the things you mention yes.

But do those sound like the words of a Eagles fan? Maybe they are, maybe they all sound like that?
Never meet your heroes kids.

Eagles fans seem to have lost their fire since the move to the new stadium along with much higher ticket prices.

But then winter rolls around and youtube footage of them pelting a 12 year old in a Cowboys jersey comes out and realize the beast still lurks within!

#13345 4 years ago

Everyone knows if a qb doesnt want to get hurt, he should not try to dive into the opponents endzone.

#13347 4 years ago

I watched the future gym teachers of america last night, now I'm ready for real football... just 6 days...

#13348 4 years ago

Go Saints!

had to edit my post mistake

#13349 4 years ago

I love this time of year! I am so excited for the NFL season!!

Bring it on!!!!!

#13350 4 years ago

I'm super stoked for Sunday Night FootBall Thursday Night Edition.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,614 posts in this topic. You are on page 267 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/267 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.