pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 1,514.
#13251 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Naw we're just talking some ball, pretty sure everyone other than Colson knows nothing will come out of it.

Dick.

Quoted from vicjw66:

I watched that game live. Great game, but the best part was seeing Tom Coughlin lose his shit after that return. Jackson was burning them that whole game and they kept kicking to him. The punter got an earful.

I remember it live...I miss Mike Vick. Had a friggin arm from hell. And I certainly remember the famous clipboard throw by Coughlin.

#13252 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

That’s kind of a shitty reason to follow football. Hoping someone gets injured because they talk with no filter doesn’t make much sense either. Quarterbacks like Eli Manning, who hasn’t shown a personality ever are boring.
I remember that cheap shot on McMahon. He was never the same after that and Charles Martin should have been banned from the NFL. The old NFL wasn’t as great as everyone remembers and you got a huge case of the member berries.

Lol the old NFL was when real men played the game and not a bunch of Prima Donna's. If you ran your mouth back then guy's came after you and tried to put you in the hospital. Thats the style of football that i like. I dont want to see anyone paralyzed or anything obviously but i would love to see Mayfield get drilled so hard that his grandkids feel it. He's a punk and deserves it.

#13253 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I miss Mike Vick.

No disrespect Colson but, Vick is a piece of shit and got what he deserved for his treatment of dogs. I'm leaving his NFL career out as he was a good QB but, a low-life human.

#13254 4 years ago

I don't miss anything aboot Mike Vick, total piece of shit.
Much rather think of Randall Cunningham whom was better in every part of the game. Or even Steve Young whom I hated more than anything.

#13255 4 years ago

Anyone know where to get Bears tickets? i need four oct 20 vs the saints and cant believe last row are $250 each on stubhub.

#13256 4 years ago
Quoted from Astill:

Anyone know where to get Bears tickets? i need four oct 20 vs the saints and cant believe last row are $250 each on stubhub.

250 a ticket? Umm.....NO! Watch it on TV, buy pizza and beer, and hire some strippers to come over. You will even have some money left over.

#13257 4 years ago

sounds like good advice ha ha , but im with my family at expo.

#13258 4 years ago
Quoted from Astill:

Theres one good thing about being a Bengals fan, tickets are usually dirt cheap! Sometimes people cant even give them away. I think this year is going to be one of those years.

#13259 4 years ago
Quoted from Astill:

During expo 2016 the Dodgers were playing the cubs at Wrigley game 1 of the NL championship. I paid $500 a ticket for me and my wife and don’t regret it one bit. Other than the Dodgers losing, it was a great experience. Do it!

#13260 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

No disrespect Colson but, Vick is a piece of shit and got what he deserved for his treatment of dogs. I'm leaving his NFL career out as he was a good QB but, a low-life human.

I agree on that front. I read all of his court cases, and there was a lot going on there. Without arguing about it, unlike a lot of other “celebrities” that pull a card or pull strings to get off with a slap on the wrist, he served his time with no questions asked. I’m a dog lover, so I absolutely hate what he did and was involved in.

I was merely referencing his abilities as a quarterback and how talented he was.

#13261 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Much rather think of Randall Cunningham whom was better in every part of the game.

Until he defected to the Vikings.

#13262 4 years ago

Was Mike Vick a good guy? It doesn't seem like it. But from what I can remember, he made a huge mistake, paid for it, and seemed to be pretty remorseful on the back end.

What I know for sure, is that was some of the most fun football I've seen. Both when he played for ATL, and pretty surprisingly, when he played for PHI. He was an athletic freak. Mike Vick had a cannon, and could transition to run like no one we've seen before or since. He basically had 1-2 reads and ran. He gave defensive coordinators nightmares.

#13263 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Until he defected to the Vikings.

Man those were great teams...so fun to watch.

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

But from what I can remember, he made a huge mistake,...

Then You remember wrong.
You "remember" that time someone you knew got sick of some dogs that weren't fighting other dogs well enough so he grabbed their heads and held them down under water till their lungs and stomach completely filled with water as they gasped and kicked and cried for help?
"Whoops, my mistake!" But he was a wacky guy so you let that one go but it happened again? And then again?

#13264 4 years ago

Jeez... c'mon. You're right that I don't remember all of the details, nor do I care to. My point was that despite whatever went on personally, as a football player he was one of the most exciting, game-changing players of his generation.

I don't see anything in my post defending him. But, if we're gonna add add personality qualifiers to the impact that people have on the game, it's gonna be messy in here.

#13265 4 years ago

I don't see anything in my post defending him.

I didn't say you defended him, I just said it wasn't "a mistake."
He was a decent player for sure. Trust me, I remember very fondly watching him beat Favre in playoff Lambo...Cut my thumb making a sandwich in the first half bad, needed stiches.

#13266 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Theres one good thing about being a Bengals fan, tickets are usually dirt cheap!

Don’t sell your town short, I bet those Cinci strippers are affordable too.

#13267 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I didn't say you defended him, I just said it wasn't "a mistake."
He was a decent player for sure. Trust me, I remember very fondly watching him beat Favre in playoff Lambo...Cut my thumb making a sandwich in the first half bad, needed stiches.

I said it was a "huge mistake". I think there are varying degrees, but overall a mistake should be something that the person has seemingly tried to come back from in some way. Vick did time for what he did, and tried to do some work around that thing (probably at the direction of a publicist, and I don't know to what degree). Ray Lewis killed 2 guys and has a job as a personality on a morning show where he yells at the general public about god. Didn't do a day in prison from what I know. People love him. Go figure.

#13268 4 years ago

What kind of sandwich?

#13269 4 years ago

What kind of sandwich?

The saddest thing is I have no idea anymore. Gettin old!
I think I remember some turkey...all that blood buy a very white meat really stood out

#13270 4 years ago

I was playing Madden and I just remembered the Cowboys acquired Cobb this offseason, and of lesser importance, Witten.

I'm changing my vote, and here's why...

Bad QBs NEED guys that can give them check downs underneath. Prescott has shown he has some chops, but overall he's still in the pretty early stage of a decent QB. He has legs, which will help him, but he's not fast enough that a spy would be ineffective. I think he'll benefit from having a veteran, sure-handed TE. I don't know if that's witten.. I can't imagine the time off does any favors, and he seemed old when he retired the last time. But, if he can still feign a block and run a button hook, I think he'll be an asset.

Cobb is shifty, and a pretty good slot player. I always thought the Packers should have played him more out of the backfield more often, in split backs or full house or something. He probably shouldn't run it up the middle, but he's very good in space. If you can get him on some screens or wheel routes out of that package, that's a pretty valuable read.

More often he'll just be good as a secondary target in the horizontal routes. With Cooper running verticals, that might be enough to get a few first downs while waiting for a big play to open up.

#13271 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Man those were great teams...so fun to watch.

Then You remember wrong.
You "remember" that time someone you knew got sick of some dogs that weren't fighting other dogs well enough so he grabbed their heads and held them down under water till their lungs and stomach completely filled with water as they gasped and kicked and cried for help?
"Whoops, my mistake!" But he was a wacky guy so you let that one go but it happened again? And then again?

As I remember he also would electrocute them.

Ray Lewis killed 2 guys and has a job as a personality on a morning show where he yells at the general public about god. Didn't do a day in prison from what I know. People love him. Go figure.

While I agree that his whole religious Schtick is rather hypocritical given some of his past behavior, Ray Lewis didn’t kill anyone. He hung out with the wrong people who killed 2 people. Guys he knew growing up. He could have testified against them but instead refused to cooperate with the investigation. That decision most likely saved his life.

#13272 4 years ago

Ray Lewis killed 2 guys...

No he didn't, stop.

#13273 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

While I agree that his whole religious Schtick is rather hypocritical given some of his past behavior, Ray Lewis didn’t kill anyone. He hung out with the wrong people who killed 2 people. Guys he knew growing up. He could have testified against them but instead refused to cooperate with the investigation. That decision most likely saved his life.

Sure, okay. It was an off the cuff recollection of an event meant to provide perception - other revered NFL players have something other than an impeccable past. I don't think Mike Vick is a model citizen, I don't think Ray Lewis is a model citizen. Both tremendous athletes, and I think that's how they should be judged in the realm of football.

Either way, just doing my best to keep this on the rails of football at this point. I'm admittedly doing a bad job with my last couple engagements. But goodness gracious, if these last few pages aren't perfect evidence that we need some live, regular season action of some fucking football, I don't know what is.

Let's hear some football insight. What worries do you have about your team? Where do you feel they're strong? Bonus points for some off the beaten path remarks.

#13274 4 years ago

What kind of sandwich?

Quoted from TheLaw:

The saddest thing is I have no idea anymore. Gettin old!
I think I remember some turkey...all that blood buy a very white meat really stood out

Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich???

#13275 4 years ago

My prediction for:
NFC South:
Saints
Falcons
Panthers
Bucs
Saints end up with a season record of 12 and 4, or 13 and 3, and win the NFC South.

NFC East:
Cowboys
Eagles
Giants
Redskins
Cowboys end up with a season record of 11 and 5, or 10 and 6, and win the NFC East.

Rams win NFC West
Bears win NFC North

Pats win AFC East
AFC West: Chiefs and Chargers will both make the play-offs
AFC North: ??
AFC South: ??

#13276 4 years ago

Saints should run the ball more often this year during the regular season.
50-50 pass-run, up to 60-40 depending on the opponent.
Let the back-up QBs get some playing time during the season too.
We need Brees healthy for the play-offs.

Hope they throw in more trick plays to keep the games interesting.

#13277 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

My prediction for:
NFC South:
Saints
Falcons
Panthers
Bucs
Saints end up with a season record of 12 and 4, or 13 and 3, and win the NFC South.
NFC East:
Cowboys
Eagles
Giants
Redskins
Cowboys end up with a season record of 11 and 5, or 10 and 6, and win the NFC East.
Rams win NFC West
Bears win NFC North
Pats win AFC East
AFC West: Chiefs and Chargers will both make the play-offs
AFC North: ??
AFC South: ??

The AFC South winner will have an 8-8 record.

#13278 4 years ago

Experts poll saying Wentz or Mahomes favorite to win MVP.

I know it’s all pretend until something happens but Wentz when healthy has as good a chance as anyone of being MVP caliber. His offense line, receivers, TE and RB group is stacked. Won’t think there is a better offensive unit in football than the Eagles (including Wentz). Foles is a very good QB who caught lightning in a bottle and won the SB but his numbers last year were average and they still won a playoff game. Last year we were running with undrafted RB Josh Adams he won’t even make the team this year with Jordan Howard and Miles Sanders both much better than any running back on the team last year, addition of deep threat of DeSean Jackson and impressive rookie WR J.J. Arcega-Whiteside who looks phenomenal but will probably play as 4th best WR on the team.

Wentz is better than any QB in the NFC east full stop.

#13279 4 years ago

I see the Chargers making the playoffs and playing great all year, but again the league not wanting any playoff games in such a small insignificant venue.

#13280 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I see the Chargers making the playoffs and playing great all year, but again the league not wanting any playoff games in such a small insignificant venue.

So you think the NFL is going to tell the referees to call games against the Chargers because they don't want any playoff games to be played at their stadium? I just want to be clear.

#13281 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Wentz is better than any QB in the NFC east full stop.

#13282 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That opinion seems to differ from all the “experts” in this thread.

#13283 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

So you think the NFL is going to tell the referees to call games against the Chargers because they don't want any playoff games to be played at their stadium? I just want to be clear.

I have no idea how it works, but in that first Ravens game that would have given the Chargers home field advantage, there were twice as many calls against the Chargers who kicked their ass in the next meeting.

All I know is you wave a hand near Brady and don't even touch him, and it's 15 yards. Put Rivers on his ass almost every play he goes back, and it's one consolation penalty at the end of the game.

#13284 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That opinion seems to differ from all the “experts” in this thread.

To be fair no one predicted Mahomes to throw 50TD and 5000 yards last year, no one. But it’s a combination of skill and luck and not getting injured that all add up to a magical season.

I’m not saying Wentz will win MVP but he can, he has the team around him to do it.

No one can predict who will get injured, like to say Wentz is injury prone but that does not prove anything in the year 2019 and beyond. It’s possible for him to not get injured. You can’t guarantee he’ll get injured. Heck Andrew Luck is/was just as injury prone as Carson Wentz. So what did he do last year? 4600 yards and 49TD passes. This is Andrew Luck who can’t stay healthy. I’m not saying Carson Wentz will or won’t start all 16+ games this year but it’s certainly possible.

2017 Wentz started 13 games 3300 yards 33 TD and 300 rushing yards.

#13285 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I agree on that front. I read all of his court cases, and there was a lot going on there. Without arguing about it, unlike a lot of other “celebrities” that pull a card or pull strings to get off with a slap on the wrist, he served his time with no questions asked. I’m a dog lover, so I absolutely hate what he did and was involved in.
I was merely referencing his abilities as a quarterback and how talented he was.

I was at the Monday night massacre at fedex. Man he torched the skins that night. Went with some skins and eagles fans from work. Other than the bitch slap the skins got it was actually an enjoyable time with friends.

#13286 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I was at the Monday night massacre at fedex. Man he torched the skins that night. Went with some skins and eagles fans from work. Other than the bitch slap the skins got it was actually an enjoyable time with friends.

Ron Mexico

#13287 4 years ago

Colson,

We enjoy your comments and that you are getting us amped up for the start of the season. Keep it going.

You/we already know the Eagles can have a great season and win their div, -IF- your QB can stay healthy.
Dallas is not gonna just settle for a possible wildcard spot. Eagles are gonna have to earn it.

Cowgirls could be 5 and 1 by the time the Eagles head to Dallas to play on Sun night Oct 20th.

The Cowboys at Eagles game could be epic if both teams have similar records when that game happens on Dec 22nd.

#13288 4 years ago

More often he'll just be good as a secondary target in the horizontal routes. With Cooper running verticals, that might be enough to get a few first downs while waiting for a big play to open up.

Until they get close to the red zone and the holding penalties start to fly. I'm a die hard Cowboys fan but it's getting tougher and tougher to watch the undiscipline of that team. Seems like we just can't get out of our own way anymore. Think we were the third most penalized team for this and those are DRIVE KILLERS

#13289 4 years ago

Without Gordon the Chargers ain't going anywhere.

#13290 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Without Gordon the Chargers ain't going anywhere.

Did pretty good in the games he missed last year. But with the zebras, we probably won't anyway.

ref-scard-flinches-at-ball-2.gifref-scard-flinches-at-ball-2.gif
#13291 4 years ago

Sure, couple games here and there I don't doubt it, whole season though I won't believe it till I see it. Sure sure no one gives a shit aboot RBs anymore but ol Melvin is a beast. And he's the team's #1-3 option.

#13292 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Obviously I'm a Pats fan, so Brady should be MVP every year he plays (and probably years he doesn't play). However, that aside...

Mahomes. That kid has IT. I can't wait to see what he can do this year. Does the pressure get to him? Or does he stand up to it and play great? In my opinion, he was great last year. So this year will be a much tougher hill to climb. If he can continue to grow, he will be the MVP. He has all the tools he needs to be a great player, and now he just needs to get out there and do it.

And honestly, this is my favorite time to watch a young players career. He had a really good season last year. So now he needs to deal with expectations on top of quarterbacking a team. How well he handles that will set out his entire career path.

#13293 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure sure no one gives a shit aboot RBs anymore but ol Melvin is a beast. And he's the team's #1-3 option.

He'll be back by week one hopefully. I've watched some of the new guys in preseason and although fast, buttery fingers for sure.

#13294 4 years ago

No faiders or donkey fans here? The afc west is a 2 team race (as we all know) Phyllis Rivers can still play, but I still see my chefs the team to beat in that division. I’m curious about the Browns this year..I don’t see the Squealers making the playoffs w out A. Brown & L. Bell..I don’t mind the Eagles, as they have my old Offensive coach making calls there.

#13295 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Phyllis Rivers can still play, but I still see my chefs the team to beat in that division.

Which Phyllis did do in your crib when it mattered most. That was a great game!

#13296 4 years ago

Steelers defense is going to be hot for sure. Connor in a 2nd year should be much better so I think they'll be OK with all that. The real question is whom is going to win the division if they don't? The Ravens running a qb 50 times a game? That cannot hold up.

#13297 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

No faiders or donkey fans here? The afc west is a 2 team race (as we all know) Phyllis Rivers can still play, but I still see my chefs the team to beat in that division.

I'm a Donkeys fan, but this year's looking rough from the outset with questionable staff and tough injuries before the season even starts. D is looking better than last year, but you need at least some offensive production to win games and I'm not sure we've got that. Hopefully they prove me wrong and squeak into the playoffs somehow.

On your end, will be interesting to see if Mahomes can meet or beat last year's insane production, I'm sure you're looking forward to finding out.

#13298 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Which Phyllis did do in your crib when it mattered most. That was a great game!

That was an entertaining game @ arrowhead last year..a real shootout..but the 1 that obviously hurt was the afc title game vs #12..can’t wait to play the cheatriots errr patriots!!

#13299 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The Ravens running a qb 50 times a game? That cannot hold up.

Nope.

1-05-year-2 (resized).jpg1-05-year-2 (resized).jpg
#13300 4 years ago

Jesus this name schtik.... Levi Is rolling over in his grave

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/266 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.