pasted_image (resized).png
nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
carmichael.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 1,516.
#13201 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If only a QB could save lives like a nurse, police officer, or a paramedic can.

Haha. I can't believe people are still into communism even now.

#13202 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha. I can't believe people are still into communism even now.

Maybe it’ll work this time. They just messed up on the fine details last time around even if the concept was sound.

#13203 4 years ago

I have to give the Colts owner a nod for his generous gift to Luck as he's on his way out. He could have just not given any of the remaining incentive money to Luck but chose to do the right thing and recognize what Luck meant to the team during his career.

#13204 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I have to give the Colts owner a nod for his generous gift to Luck as he's on his way out. ...

Hey when you're that wasted on pills everyone is your best buddy

#13205 4 years ago

If only I had season tickets and 1,000 pinball machines

#13206 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If only a QB could save lives like a nurse, police officer, or a paramedic can.

Then they would make the salary of a nurse or a paramedic or police officer. You never did answer the question why you always complain about football players salaries and never complain about The owners, CEO’s, and Studio Heads enormous salaries.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Duh......thats the reason that he bailed, because he’s mega rich! If he needed the money he would have kept playing just like middle class America keeps going to work everyday even when they are sick, injured, and hate their job! The NFL made it way too easy for him to hang his cleats up.

If the NFL didn’t pay Luck all that money he either would have been an architect (his college major) or more likely used his incredible athletic ability to pursue some other professional sport. As it is, you will probably see a drop off in talent in the next 20 years because kids aren’t playing youth football in the numbers they used to.

Same thing happened to boxing. Too dangerous a sport, which is why you see a lot less elite American boxers than in the past and why the Heavyweight division is such a joke right now. Ken Norton Jr. was a beast who played professional football because his dad thought it was a safer sport and didn’t want him to grow old punch drunk.

#13207 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Then they would make the salary of a nurse or a paramedic or police officer. You never did answer the question why you always complain about football players salaries and never complain about The owners, CEO’s, and Studio Heads enormous salaries.

If the NFL didn’t pay Luck all that money he either would have been an architect (his college major) or more likely used his incredible athletic ability to pursue some other professional sport. As it is, you will probably see a drop off in talent in the next 20 years because kids aren’t playing youth football in the numbers they used to.
Same thing happened to boxing. Too dangerous a sport, which is why you see a lot less elite American boxers than in the past and why the Heavyweight division is such a joke right now. Ken Norton Jr. was a beast who played professional football because his dad thought it was a safer sport and didn’t want him to grow old punch drunk.

Owners and CEO’s almost always make big money. I mean shouldn’t the owner make big money? Profits do not have anything to do with a workers salary, not in most jobs anyway. Im sure that the company that you work for probably makes huge profits and they dont pay you based on their profits. None of that even matters really. I think athletes are way overpaid and i will always think that. Im not mad or anything about it, its just how i feel.

As far as boxing goes, its not dying because of the reasons that you state. Its dying because the UFC is a million times better and nobody wants to watch boxing anymore.

#13208 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Owners and CEO’s almost always make big money. I mean shouldn’t the owner make big money? Profits do not have anything to do with a workers salary, not in most jobs anyway. Im sure that the company that you work for probably makes huge profits and they dont pay you based on their profits. None of that even matters really. I think athletes are way overpaid and i will always think that. Im not mad or anything about it, its just how i feel.

Clearly that’s how you feel. And your feelings about who should be paid what are logically incoherent. Which is fine, feelings are often silly and irrational, and at least you can admit it.

If it upsets you watching highly paid athletes destroy their bodies for your amusement, you can always switch over to college football and watch unpaid athletes destroy their bodies for your amusement. Plus you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that the coaches and college presidents are still making bank, just as it should be.

#13209 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If it upsets you watching highly paid athletes destroy their bodies for your amusement...

The point is he doesn't even watch football, yet this thread is still forced to listen to his feelings aboot it.

#13210 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Clearly that’s how you feel. And your feelings about who should be paid what are logically incoherent. Which is fine, feelings are often silly and irrational, and at least you can admit it.
If it upsets you watching highly paid athletes destroy their bodies for your amusement, you can always switch over to college football and watch unpaid athletes destroy their bodies for your amusement. Plus you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that the coaches and college presidents are still making bank, just as it should be.

I think we all know why he feels the way he does about the “Job Creators” and the “takers”. No logic whatsoever. Jim Irsay, owner of the Colts is a job creator and he deserves to make billions because he inherited the team from daddy. He has been a complete fuckup and druggie/alcoholic his entire adult life, but luckily avoids any real consequences because he was Robert Irsay’s boy.

The players (the takers) mostly come from middle class to poor families and work their ass off to become the elitest of the elite in their chosen field of professional football. Getting hit and taking a beating for a living, they should be happy they make whatever the job creator wants to pay them and like it.

Now, I’m guessing Who-Dey isn’t the son of a billionaire, so makes me wonder why he would take sides with them?

#13211 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I think we all know why he feels the way he does about the “Job Creators” and the “takers”. No logic whatsoever. Jim Irsay, owner of the Colts is a job creator and he deserves to make billions because he inherited the team from daddy. He has been a complete fuckup and druggie/alcoholic his entire adult life, but luckily avoids any real consequences because he was Robert Irsay’s boy.
The players (the takers) mostly come from middle class to poor families and work their ass off to become the elitest of the elite in their chosen field of professional football. Getting hit and taking a beating for a living, they should be happy they make whatever the job creator wants to pay them and like it.
Now, I’m guessing Who-Dey isn’t the son of a billionaire, so makes me wonder why he would take sides with them?

Lol man you are reading way too much into this. I just dont personally believe that athletes are worth what they are paid. Nobody should make 50 million dollars to play football. There’s nothing wrong with me having that opinion. It doesnt mean that im right or that im wrong, its just an opinion. Ive had people tell me that i am overpaid also. Its kind of funny though when i offer them a job that not one of them has taken me up on it yet.

#13212 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The point is he doesn't even watch football, yet this thread is still forced to listen to his feelings aboot it.

Nah, I just hit the ignore button. I normally don't do that, but clearly he has some sort of agenda I'm just not interested in hearing anymore.

#13213 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ive had people tell me that i am overpaid also. Its kind of funny though when i offer them a job that not one of them has taken me up on it yet.

#13214 4 years ago

One of the most overrated movies of all time.

#13215 4 years ago

Looking forward to the start of the regular season, and to pg 266 of this Pinside NFL forum thread, because pgs 264 & 265 are kinda boring. I guess there is not enough exciting stuff going on in pre-season to post about.

Any comments about the upcoming reg season schedule of the teams that you guys pull for?
I see that the Saints have to play in Chicago on Sun Oct 20th. I'm thankful they don't have to play in Chicago in Dec. A cold windy rainy nasty weather game would help the Bears more than the Saints.

If Luck knows deep down that he won't be able to consistently give 100% effort this season, then perhaps it is best for him (and for Colts team and fans) for him to stop playing now imho.

#13216 4 years ago

Tough game to start for GB@CHI, particularly since it's the kickoff game, most of our starters have yet to take a snap in preseason (and likely won't), and we have a brand new offense...

I'm metering expectations, but I'm holding out hope the Bears do that thing where they blow it in spectacular fashion.

#13217 4 years ago

NFC North is a mystery. I will never believe in Chicago, but do I trust vikings anymore? Can the pack really keep up their shitiness? Do I trust rodgers not to quit on the team again? All depends on him and the coach. Gonna be a weird one.

AFC North is a but less weird. I just can't wait to see the Browns tank so hard after being talked up... That coach is a mess.

#13218 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

AFC North is a but less weird. I just can't wait to see the Browns tank so hard after being talked up... That coach is a mess.

Concerning AFC North teams:

* I hope the Browns do good this year and make the play-offs. Seems like they turned the corner last year, and I predict there will be a fair amount of enthusiasm and effort, and some exciting action going on in Browns games this year.
Clarification: Not saying they are gonna be a #1 or #2 seed in the AFC Conf come Jan.

* Doesn't feel like Bengals are gonna have a good year. Heck, they are a 200 to 1 longshot to win the 2020 Super Bowl.
If the Bengals have another bad year, I think I'll start pulling for them during the 2020-2021 season.

#13219 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Seems like they turned the corner last year, and I predict there will be a fair amount of enthusiasm and effort,...

Well they beat no one with a winning record so there's that. I haven;t looked at their schedule but if the play the Bungels 2 out of the last 6 games again they could get that feeling back again.

#13220 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I haven;t looked at their schedule but if the play the Bungels 2 out of the last 6 games again they could get that feeling back again.

Browns have a pretty easy schedule. Looks like about 4 hard games this season.

#13221 4 years ago

Doesn't feel like Bengals are gonna have a good year.

Its going to be bad believe me......really bad.

#13222 4 years ago

Cincinnati would be doing great if they can win 6-8 games this year, it's a new offense/defense so they'll have growing pains.

I'll be honest I think the Browns will be better this year but, that's not saying a lot. I like Baker Mayfield but I think he's in for a brutal wakeup call in the NFL. He's made a lot of disparaging remarks about other players and teams which will come back to haunt him. I'm also actively anticipating the reactions of the newly acquired wideout when they lose a few...…...will he quit on them like he did the Giants????????? Two very large personalities in Mayfield and him, be sure to keep the popcorn handy.

#13223 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Cincinnati would be doing great if they can win 6-8 games this year, it's a new offense/defense so they'll have growing pains.
I'll be honest I think the Browns will be better this year but, that's not saying a lot. I like Baker Mayfield but I think he's in for a brutal wakeup call in the NFL. He's made a lot of disparaging remarks about other players and teams which will come back to haunt him. I'm also actively anticipating the reactions of the newly acquired wideout when they lose a few...…...will he quit on them like he did the Giants????????? Two very large personalities in Mayfield and him, be sure to keep the popcorn handy.

I hope you’re right because i hate Mayfield and the Browns. Guy has got the shittiest attitude that ive ever seen in my life. He is the only reason that i really have any interest in football at all this year because i am hoping that some big defensive end doesn't care about laying him out and taking a suspension. I know they will be good this year and probably win the division but im just hoping for bad chemistry because of all the big egos or something that makes them fail. Baker Mayfield would not have survived in the old days of the NFL with his attitude. Someone would have laid his ass out or body slammed him like Charles Martin did to Jim Mcmahon because they got sick of his mouth. That would make my football season right there!

#13224 4 years ago

I look for them to be better and really the whole AFC North is in disarray starting this year so it's any ones guess who will come out on top. We had one of the toughest divisions in football but over the last 2/3 seasons everyone has been lacking on the field.

Mayfield is young, he'll get an education this year at some point about what it means to play in the NFL, hopefully he'll learn about respect.

#13225 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I look for them to be better and really the whole AFC North is in disarray starting this year so it's any ones guess who will come out on top. We had one of the toughest divisions in football but over the last 2/3 seasons everyone has been lacking on the field.
Mayfield is young, he'll get an education this year at some point about what it means to play in the NFL, hopefully he'll learn about respect.

That guy will never be respectful because he has zero class. Unfortunately though he is damn good and i have a bad feeling thag the Browns are foing to kick ass this year. Probably will be the first time in my life that i will become a Steelers fan and hope that they win the division.

#13226 4 years ago

Andrew Luck's father, Oliver, is the commissioner of the XFL.

Just sayin'...

#13227 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

One of the most overrated movies of all time.

But is it obscure?

#13228 4 years ago

If Luck knows deep down that he won't be able to consistently give 100% effort this season, then perhaps it is best for him (and for Colts team and fans) for him to stop playing now imho.

If only all of the teachers, nurses, and police officers who just weren't feeling it anymore would hang it up, the world would be a better place.

Back in football news, the only division I really pay attention to is the NFC East so my picks:

Dallas - just the most complete team at this time but not world beaters. 10-6 and will lose early in playoffs.

Eagles - Wentz won't last the season and that will be all she wrote. No Foles, no playoffs. 8-8 for these guys.

Redskins - the defense and running game should keep the Skins in a lot of games and buy 6-7 wins, but the offense will be pretty terrible as a whole. O-line is gonna be bad with no depth and all the receivers are unproven (though I think a pretty promising young bunch), and Case Keenum sucks. Look for Haskins to take over mid-season, and I really think 2020 is the year the Skins make their move (it's been a few good drafts, now just need to fix the line).

Giants - they suck. Worst GM in the league, lack of talent all over the place. Eli will be benched by Halloween I'd guess. They are gonna keep getting and blowing high draft picks.

#13229 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

We should just get the year removed - no real reason for it since it's an ongoing thread.

Should be a new thread created each season.

#13230 4 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Should be a new thread created each season.

There's like 5 dudes who post in the NFL thread. One thread is enough.

Besides it's fun to look back on several years worth of shit-talking and anthem-kneeling arguments.

#13231 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Besides it's fun to look back on several years worth of shit-talking and anthem-kneeling arguments.

Yeah we've had some good ones, especially ones that involved the Packers and Centerflank.

#13232 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Back in football news, the only division I really pay attention to is the NFC East so my picks:

I got eagles winning the division with Dallas will be a bit behind them.

#13233 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Shouldn't this be the 2019-2020 thread??

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

We should just get the year removed - no real reason for it since it's an ongoing thread.

Good call, I just started a mod thread to request that they drop the year from the title.

[EDIT: And ForceFlow made the change before I even got this posted -- he's fast!]

#13234 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I got eagles winning the division with Dallas will be a bit behind them.

Finally somebody brings some sense into the thread, and an unbiased fan.

But how dare you contradict the all-knowing prophet Levi?

#13235 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Look at their season results for the last 6 years, Odd years no good.

Hows that for true analysis

#13236 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Good call, I just started a mod thread to request that they drop the year from the title.
[EDIT: And forceflow made the change before I even got this posted -- he's fast!]

Thank you!

#13237 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Finally somebody brings some sense into the thread, and an unbiased fan.

It doesn’t exactly take a Muhammad to predict that Carson wentz will get hurt. I'm a Redskins fan and I loathe the Cowboys and Eagles so not sure where the bias is?

How do you see the NFC East shaping up?

#13238 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It doesn’t exactly take a Muhammad to predict that Carson wentz will get hurt.

"Eagles’ Carson Wentz could follow Andrew Luck one day into early retirement "
Ha..that's from a Philli rag so I'm impressed they can still report the news with Hepatitis, but Wentz is still young he can pull out of the injury thing.

I mena he won't, but he could.

#13239 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How do you see the NFC East shaping up?

Eagles
Dallas
Giants
Foreskins

Wentz earns MVP he should have had in 2017.

#13240 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Eagles
Dallas
Giants
Foreskins

Geez we are doing the dumb nickname thing now?

Well, I'm sure THE BEAGLES (hehehehehe) will be going places with Josh McCown. Mcnown? I always get confused with that guy.

#13241 4 years ago

It's a 2 horse race in the NFC East. I'll take the Eagles, but if Wentz goes down it's all over. The Cowboys are pretty good at folding under pressure.

#13242 4 years ago

Lol, you guys act as though the NFC Least will have any relevance this season. You crack me up.

#13243 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Lol, you guys act as though the NFC Least will have any relevance this season. You crack me up.

Not sure anybody claimed they will be "relevant," we are just picking who we think will win it.

I mean, no matter how bad the division is, someone will probably win it right?

RELEVANT !!!!

#13244 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I hope you’re right because i hate Mayfield and the Browns. Guy has got the shittiest attitude that ive ever seen in my life. He is the only reason that i really have any interest in football at all this year because i am hoping that some big defensive end doesn't care about laying him out and taking a suspension. I know they will be good this year and probably win the division but im just hoping for bad chemistry because of all the big egos or something that makes them fail. Baker Mayfield would not have survived in the old days of the NFL with his attitude. Someone would have laid his ass out or body slammed him like Charles Martin did to Jim Mcmahon because they got sick of his mouth. That would make my football season right there!

That’s kind of a shitty reason to follow football. Hoping someone gets injured because they talk with no filter doesn’t make much sense either. Quarterbacks like Eli Manning, who hasn’t shown a personality ever are boring.
I remember that cheap shot on McMahon. He was never the same after that and Charles Martin should have been banned from the NFL. The old NFL wasn’t as great as everyone remembers and you got a huge case of the member berries.

#13245 4 years ago

Well plus I got DeSean back....we all remember him?

#13246 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Mostly from our fantasy stat lines.
0, 0, 70 yard td, 0, 0, 70 yard td

Naw we're just talking some ball, pretty sure everyone other than Colson knows nothing will come out of it.

#13247 4 years ago

Love me some DJax!

He does tend to get hurt a lot as well but when he's on the field he takes the top off the D.

Letting him walk was a huge mistake
by the Skins. And they paid more for a guy who has done less and gets hurt even more often instead. Nice move!

#13248 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Eagles
Dallas
Giants
Foreskins

It all depends on if Wentz can stay healthy. Is he healthy even now?

NFC West

Rams
Seahawks
Niners
Cardinals

Goff should be better this year and hopefully is driven by that lousy Super Bowl performance. Goff looked great last season until Cooper Kupp went down with injury. Losing Kupp was a huge blow. Hopefully he stays healthy. I’m hoping that Brees loses a step seeing that he’s 40. Been thinking that Brady will drop off late in the season. Hopefully this is the Rams year.
Seattle should be good for 10 wins
I’m not sold on Garoppolo. 8-8 sounds about right
Definitely not sold on the Cardinals new coach or quarterback. It’s gonna be ugly.

#13249 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I watched that game live. Great game, but the best part was seeing Tom Coughlin lose his shit after that return. Jackson was burning them that whole game and they kept kicking to him. The punter got an earful.

#13250 4 years ago

God I hope Patrica gets the axe this year; that would be great.

Browns have a pretty easy schedule. Looks like about 4 hard games this season.

The way I see it
Nice 2 starts but they'll be .500 by week 4.
.500 by week 6
Under .500 by week 8
maybe .500 by week 10 = season over.
BUT WAIT....here come the Bungels & cardinals for 3 games at the end to lie to themselves again next season

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/265?hl=vectorgamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.