spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 1,513.
#12951 5 years ago

Exactly. I have almost 0 interest in watching a preseason game at the stadium, and I'd definitely never pay to see a preseason game.

I'm on the season ticket waiting list, but unless I have a pretty open calendar at that time, I don't know for certain I'd take the tickets (in 50 years...). Why? I very much enjoy watching games at home. I like that I can invite as many friends as I'd like to watch the games. I like that I can watch other games during commercials. I like that I don't have to wait in line to go to the bathroom. I like the cost of beer and snacks at home.

I love the atmosphere at the game under the right circumstances. I'll be thrilled to bring my kids to their first game when they're old enough to appreciate it. But right now I'm pretty selective about what games I actually attend.

Just take the season tickets and sell the games you don't want? Well, good luck trying to get your money back out of the tickets when you're selling to friends and family - I just don't really have it in me to explain to people close to me that I need them to pay more for tickets to help me cover the cost of the preseason games people didn't want to go to, and the cost of taxes and fees. So now the games I do attend have a higher overhead for me than they likely would have if I just bought from someone else. And, who knows where the seats are going to be!

I know enough people that have access to tickets that I'm not too worried about missing a game I want to see live. And in that case, I'm not afraid to spend a little money, because I don't have a fixed cost associated with my favorite team year in and year out.

#12952 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'd definitely never pay to see a preseason game.

Seems like your season ticket quandary is answered then! 'Cause if you buy the season tickets, you're paying to see the preseason games (unless you mean you just wouldn't go to the preseason games, in which case you're paying not to see them).

#12953 5 years ago

Yeah, I think I'll just mull it over though for the next century or so, just in case.

#12954 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

An onside kick should be ridiculously hard to achieve. It's a gimmick, a stunt. I would guess a top QB may convert this situation 30% of the time and it that devalues what happened in the previous 58 minutes of play. So I fully expect this to be a rule at some point

I did some googling and it seems like the 4th and 15 is converted somewhere between 15-20% of the time. If they did switch to this kind of thing, they'd pick a distance that is roughly equivalent to the probability of converting an onside kick in the old days (which, from what I can see is around 15% of the time).

So, 4th and 15 seems pretty spot on. You could go a little longer perhaps.

Kickoffs have become almost pointless. It would be interesting if they got replaced by 4th and 15 at your own 35 at all times in the game. Even at the start. Most teams would just line up in punt formation and punt it away. Occasionally a team would do a fake punt. And once in a while the offense would take the field and line up for a standard play.

Football is already pretty confusing with the different types of plays: standard, kickoff, punt, field goal, extra point / two point conversion. This would eliminate one of them.

#12955 5 years ago

Ill be honest, didn't expect Russell to play hardball like this... I sure hope we can sign him, he is probably the 2nd best QB in the league at this point

#12956 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Ill be honest, didn't expect Russell to play hardball like this... I sure hope we can sign him, he is probably the 2nd best QB in the league at this point

E886C306-99D0-4400-985D-1D1D3F950917.gifE886C306-99D0-4400-985D-1D1D3F950917.gif
#12957 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

[quoted image]

I would myself, but I doubt Pete and John are gonna give him the percentage of the salary cap he is asking for. They arent the guys to sent a precedent like that

#12958 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Every time Rodgers is up for a new contract, I try and convince myself it'll be some kind of team friendly deal. And then he becomes the highest paid player ever. Again.

#12959 5 years ago

Russell Wilson - Highest paid player in the NFL. Things that make you go Hmmmm? I realize it’s a quarterback driven league, but ouch.

#12960 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Russell Wilson - Highest paid player in the NFL. Things that make you go Hmmmm? I realize it’s a quarterback driven league, but ouch.

I love it when people hate on Russ. Just means they are jealous they don't have as good as a QB. I am over the moon happy they got a deal done

#12961 5 years ago

Crazy $ he just received..but I think that he’s a top 5 qb in the league, and has helped put the hawks in the playoffs every year. My boy Mahomes is gonna get paid big time when he’s due to resign. Clark Hunt better get his check book ready!

#12962 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I love it when people hate on Russ. Just means they are jealous they don't have as good as a QB. I am over the moon happy they got a deal done

I wouldn't celebrate too much just yet, the other side of that coin is a lot of league minimum scrubs to surround him with. Starters may not be a problem (yet) but you start to get any attrition through injury then you suddenly have huge deficiencies that will be exposed over and over.

#12963 5 years ago

John Schneider has done an incredible job of keeping that team competitive despite several huge losses over the years. He's probably one of the top 5 GMs in the league, so while they may have some challenges, they have the right guy in place to ride that out.

#12964 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I wouldn't celebrate too much just yet, the other side of that coin is a lot of league minimum scrubs to surround him with. Starters may not be a problem (yet) but you start to get any attrition through injury then you suddenly have huge deficiencies that will be exposed over and over.

Yeah we have all heard this argument over and over again. I don't necessarily disagree with it, the 6 highest paid QBs last year missed the playoffs and the 2 teams in the Superbowl both had cheap QBs. However I don't really care, having a QB that's as good as Wilson automatically makes the hawks competitive in every game. I would rather have that then god knows how many years of 4-6 wins looking to find a cheap QB who is good. Especially looking at John and Pets's track record, with both of them better at drafting defensive personnel

#12965 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

2 teams in the Superbowl both had cheap QBs.

Tom Brady cheap?????

#12966 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Tom Brady cheap?????

The 17th highest paid qb...

#12967 5 years ago

Brady regularly restructures so the Pats can make moves. I often wonder if those types of restructures include a "wink" agreement for paid appearances after retirement, etc.

#12968 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I love it when people hate on Russ. Just means they are jealous they don't have as good as a QB.

Sorry, it's an outdated picture from when my QB only had 5 rings....

TomBradyRings (resized).jpgTomBradyRings (resized).jpg

#12969 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

[quoted image]

Brady is no doubt the best qb of all time, however hes also now old as dirt. There is no way in hell I'd take a 43 year old Brady over a 30 year old Wilson.

#12970 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

[quoted image]

Your QB huh?

You also taking credit for your owner, and the disgusting Video of him blowing a load at a seedy rub and tug that’s about to be released?

God help us all!!!

#12971 5 years ago

NFL schedule maker is merciful this year, allowing me to see the Lions in Philadelphia before they are mathematically eliminated.

#12972 5 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

NFL schedule maker is merciful this year, allowing me to see the Lions in Philadelphia before they are mathematically eliminated.

Preseason?

#12973 5 years ago

Lions at Eagles 9/22/19.
Reg season schedules were released this week.

Saints first 4 games of reg season are against teams that made the playoffs. Wowzer!

#12974 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your QB huh?
You also taking credit for your owner, and the disgusting Video of him blowing a load at a seedy rub and tug that’s about to be released?
God help us all!!!

Yup, MY QB. MY team. MY handjob.

#12975 5 years ago

Eagles have a 3 game road trip in October because of Bryce Harper and the Phillies.

#12976 5 years ago

Patriots just notified us season ticket holders of the schedule and the "Tier" priced games for this season:

2 Elite Games
Pittsburgh
Dallas

3 Marquee Games
KC
Browns
Jets

3 Premier Games
NY Giants
Buffalo
Dolphins

I would much rather they label them Pro/Premium/Limited Edition. These labels make no sense.

#12977 5 years ago

It's been on my list to see the Packers play at Arrowhead for a long time. This was the year, and of course, the game falls on the weekend of our already scheduled vacation (with my parents, brothers family, and family friends - so not going to be able to reschedule). Bummer.

#12978 5 years ago

It's been on my list to see the Packers play at Arrowhead for a long time. This was the year, and of course, the game falls on the weekend of our already scheduled vacation (with my parents, brothers family, and family friends - so not going to be able to reschedule). Bummer.

That sucks..guess you’re gonna miss your family vacation..go to the game!
Visiting Arrowhead is on my bucket list. I’m hoping to make it in the next year or so..my recent cyclone purchase has set me back a bit..

#12979 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Patriots just notified us season ticket holders of the schedule and the "Tier" priced games for this season:
2 Elite Games
Pittsburgh
Dallas
3 Marquee Games
KC
Browns
Jets
3 Premier Games
NY Giants
Buffalo
Dolphins
I would much rather they label them Pro/Premium/Limited Edition. These labels make no sense.

I probably posted this before, but I met a fella visiting here from Boston for a Pats game. He said it was cheaper to buy stubhub tickets, fly here, get a hotel, and make a weekend of it than to buy Pats tickets there. I assume he meant aftermarket there as well. Not sure if that was an exaggeration but I was pretty much

#12980 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your QB huh?
God help us all!!!

Shame on an old guy that wants to have a little sex. Ohhhh the horror!

#12981 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Shaken on an old guy that wants to have a little sex. Ohhhh the horror!

I think it was more of a tug than a shake.

#12982 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I think it was more of a tug than a shake.

Oops , sorry i corrected that lol. It was probably like tugging on a wet noodle i bet.

#12983 4 years ago

NFL draft will be on ABC, ESPN, & NFL Network, all 3 days x all 7 rounds, Thur-Fri-Sat Apr 25-27 evenings/night prime-time.

Looks rough for the Saints w/ selections at end of 2nd round, and late in 5th round, then some 6th & 7th round picks.

#12984 4 years ago

I'm less interested in this draft than in previous years. I like Oliver and Lawrence but otherwise mehhh. And all the hype over the players from a shitty Ole Miss team makes my spidey sense tingle!

#12985 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I'm less interested in this draft than in previous years.

Come clean Erik. You are in Nashville right now at the NFL Draft, round 1. I see the big crowd up there.

I'm sorta listening to it on tv on ABC while on the computer here at home.
I saw that Devon White, LB for LSU went 5th pick to Tampa Bay Bucs.
I think he'll be an exciting impact player for the Bucs.

#12986 4 years ago

Worst pick so far, Giants and Jones?

#12987 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

And all the hype over the players from a shitty Ole Miss team makes my spidey sense tingle!

(3) Miss St defensive players were picked in the 1st round. Did you intend to say Ole Miss or Miss St?

#12988 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Gary @ 12 to GB is horrible.

Is every NY rag already got a headline out that says "Jesus, Jones was an unbelievabley bad pick"

Jones easily worst pick when they had the 17th pick

#12989 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It reminds me of when the Bills picked EJ Manuel in the first round.

#12990 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Saw this A+ trolling of NYG posted elsewhere

cache (resized).pngcache (resized).png
#12991 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Come clean Erik. You are in Nashville right now at the NFL Draft, round 1. I see the big crowd up there.

hah I would not consider entering that mess!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Worst pick was the Steelers getting Devin Bush. I saw that suit and HARD NOPE

I thought Ferrell had a good shot at being available at the Raiders 24 pick but they grabbed him at 4.

Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

(3) Miss St defensive players were picked in the 1st round. Did you intend to say Ole Miss or Miss St?

no I meant Ole Miss. The scouts were really high on them after their showings at the underwear olympics. Glad they cooled on that a bit. I like the Miss. St guys better, though I would have preferred the Titans passed on Simmons. They have a thing for drafting gimpy players in the 1st.

#12992 4 years ago

Def wasn't a huge fan of moving up for Bush. Whether he can replace Shazier is a big ask.

#12993 4 years ago

Gotta say A+ day one by the Redskins. Two major areas of need addressed and no moronic trades.

Was pretty surprised Pats didn't take Lock. I guess they really think they are getting 5 more years of Brady.

#12994 4 years ago

I just think they're not going to take a QB just to take one. They could very well be looking to secure someone like Rosen, especially since AZ has zero leverage after last night.

#12995 4 years ago

I just think they're not going to take a QB just to take one. They could very well be looking to secure someone like Rosen, especially since AZ has zero leverage after last night.

Yeah AZ screwed the pooch with that one. I have no idea what kind of offers they were fielding but seemed like they were holding out for a 1st or high 2nd. They won't get either now.

#12996 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Gotta say A+ day one by the Redskins. Two major areas of need addressed and no moronic trades.

Haskins did not look very happy to be drafted. We haven't seen that level of excitement since the Chargers took Eli #1 overall.

Makes me wonder if his agent told Washington he didn't want to go there and they took him anyway

#12997 4 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Haskins did not look very happy to be drafted. We haven't seen that level of excitement since the Chargers took Eli #1 overall.
Makes me wonder if his agent told Washington he didn't want to go there and they took him anyway

No way it's anything like that. Pre-draft he sounded very amenable to coming to the Redskins.

He was probably just annoyed he fell to 15, and probably couldn't fucking believe the Giants picked Hackenberg 2.0 instead of him at 6.

He's a hometown hero so don't see why he wouldn't go to Washington. Doesn't look unhappy to me, more like relieved.

And happy. And he looks good in that hat. Probably thinking about how he's gonna beat the Giants twice a year.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/video/dwayne-haskins-learns-hes-been-drafted-redskins
has (resized).jpghas (resized).jpg

#12998 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No way it's anything like that. Pre-draft he sounded very amenable to coming to the Redskins.
He was probably just annoyed he fell to 15, and probably couldn't fucking believe the Giants picked Hackenberg 2.0 instead of him at 6.
He's a hometown hero so don't see why he wouldn't go to Washington. Doesn't look unhappy to me, more like relieved.
And happy. And he looks good in that hat.
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/video/dwayne-haskins-learns-hes-been-drafted-redskins[quoted image]

Absolutely correct. Haskins was pissed that he was not drafted higher.

#12999 4 years ago

You are probably right, I'm just a sucker for a good conspiracy theory

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/260?hl=vectorgamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.