spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 1,513.
#12851 5 years ago

Yeah getting Keenum was a good deal for the skins. Pretty soon, the Jags will be overpaying for Foles.

#12852 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Yeah getting Keenum was a good deal for the skins. Pretty soon, the Jags will be overpaying for Foles.

Good point, locking in a mediocre guy on the cheap might just keep Redskins from making more costly mistakes at QB.

#12853 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Good point, locking in a mediocre guy on the cheap might just keep Redskins from making more costly mistakes at QB.

If they've earned anything sir, it's a little more respect sir.

I'm guessing, trade for sign keenum, trade for rosen, draft a Qb

#12854 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Skins just can't afford to put any money in QB. They are on the hook for like another 60 million to Alex Smith who will never play gain. Be lucky to walk again.

it's a shit situation but they deserve it.

#12855 5 years ago

Haha Brown trade #1 (at least) fell apart. I really honestly thing he may need a wellness check...he's losing it.

#12856 5 years ago

Michael Bennett to the Patriots. If they can keep Flowers, look out!

#12857 5 years ago

Anybody watch AAF this weekend? Actually entertaining games for once...

#12858 5 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Anybody watch AAF this weekend? Actually entertaining games for once...

No, as I'm not bedridden.

I just can't think of a single activity I did this weekend that I'd possibly have considered not doing in order to catch an AAF game.

These activities included: playing pinball with friends friday night. Sleeping in till 1 pm on Saturday. Hanging out with my GF on saturday. Going to a steak house. Working on a Gottlieb High Hand. Delivering a High Hand to Long Island and picking up two games on Sunday. Going to Macy's and getting a nice new sport jacket, 3 pairs of Levi's, and a sharp green sweater.

What were we talking about again? Oh right the AAF. I honestly forget it exists every weekend and I'm reminded only when I visit this thread. Cool to see the 'Ol Bastard Steve Spurrier is still undefeated. Go get 'em coach!

#12859 5 years ago

As a Giants fan, I hate seeing Landon Collins sign with the Skins.

#12860 5 years ago

My head is spinning with FA pickups today. During the TT years we were all but absent from the FA market.

Billy Turner - OT
Adrian Amos - S
Zadarius Smith - OLB
Preston Smith - OLB

#12861 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

My head is spinning with FA pickups today. During the TT years we were all but absent from the FA market.
Billy Turner - OT
Adrian Amos - S
Zadarius Smith - OLB
Preston Smith - OLB

So jelly about landing Z. Smith

#12862 5 years ago

Billy Turner - OT
Adrian Amos - S
Zadarius Smith - OLB
Preston Smith - OLB

Lucky you. We all know FA binges always bring positive results!

Don't know anything about any of those players except ex-Redskins Preston Smith. He kinda sucks. Takes plays off. Slower than he should be. Puts together a couple 8-sack seasons by feasting on a few shitty teams and then taking the rest of the year off. Always seems to disappear in the big games.

He's no stiff but I'm not going to miss him. Just doesn't have the fire, and don't see that changing with a fat new contract.

#12863 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

As a Giants fan, I hate seeing Landon Collins sign with the Skins.

Love hearing that!

#12864 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lucky you. We all know FA binges always bring positive results!

The spending is a product of failed drafts. We missed on Jason Spriggs in the 2nd, and now we have to go out and sign a guy to fill in the gap. We made a mistake in letting Peppers go too early, and relying on Matthews and Perry (and failing to find someone suitable in the draft to supplement), and now we have to go out and fill those gaps. We couldn't get what we thought we could out of HaHa, so again, to FA we go.

What I am excited about, is the effort to fix those mistakes through some spending and urgency. Thompson was always building toward some distant future. He seemedingly refused to fix his draft misses through FA. We had a steady stream of young players coming in and either never contributing, or being forced to contribute in some catastrophic way.

This leverages our draft position. We no longer need to hit a homerun to draft a pass rusher. It would still be nice to get depth at that position, but we now have the opportunity to trade down to someone that's desperate to find someone like the next Brock Osweiler, or draft the best player available.

Is spending in FA the best way to build a team? Clearly not, we have plenty of examples of that (no offense). But, I do think there's reason to do so in cases such as the Packers.

#12865 5 years ago

The spending is a product of failed drafts. We missed on Jason Spriggs in the 2nd, and now we have to go out and sign a guy to fill in the gap. We made a mistake in letting Peppers go too early, and relying on Matthews and Perry (and failing to find someone suitable in the draft to supplement), and now we have to go out and fill those gaps. We couldn't get what we thought we could out of HaHa, so again, to FA we go.
What I am excited about, is the effort to fix those mistakes through some spending and urgency. Thompson was always building toward some distant future. He seemedingly refused to fix his draft misses through FA. We had a steady stream of young players coming in and either never contributing, or being forced to contribute in some catastrophic way.
This leverages our draft position. We no longer need to hit a homerun to draft a pass rusher. It would still be nice to get depth at that position, but we now have the opportunity to trade down to someone that's desperate to find someone like the next Brock Osweiler, or draft the best player available.
Is spending in FA the best way to build a team? Clearly not, we have plenty of examples of that (no offense). But, I do think there's reason to do so in cases such as the Packers.

The cap is just rising so quickly I don't know how possible it is to be salary cap strapped anymore. I'm starting to think Snyder was simply ahead of his time!

#12866 5 years ago

I feel bad for Giants Fans...

#12867 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Bummer. Maybe they realized he’s not much good without a QB to throw to him. Hopefully they can do something with those draft picks.

#12868 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Has any checked on Levi?

#12869 5 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Has any checked on Levi?

I heard he's out shopping for a few jeans, a red sportcoat, and a sharp sweater vest.

#12870 5 years ago

OBJ!!!!!

Let's gooooooo!!!!

#12871 5 years ago

Meanwhile the Patriots lose player after player to record breaking contracts while their head coach gets into pinball tournament shape:

D1frqwRXcAAhnxP (resized).jpgD1frqwRXcAAhnxP (resized).jpg
#12872 5 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Has any checked on Levi?

Levi's thrilled cause he's a Redskins fan.

Giants getting picked like a Thanksgiving Day 3 turkey bone.

#12873 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Levi's thrilled cause he's a Redskins fan.
Giants getting picked like a Thanksgiving Day 3 turkey bone.

I had the pleasure (misfortune) of watching the 91 NFC championship with my roommate who happened to be a Redskin fan.

Sadly, dejected Barry is what I remember most from that day, and more sadly, losing that game may be the highlight of Detroit Lions football in my lifetime.

#12874 5 years ago

I remember that well.

I recall the season started with a Lions game that year as well.

#12875 5 years ago

Adam Shefter (sp?) is so over rated. I've said for so long all he does is repeat himself. Just the fact of the transaction, no real extra commentary, but fills up 5 minutes with repetition. Check out this discussion. You can tell the other guy is like - ok so what else you got for me...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26243237/chiefs-set-trade-ford-niners-source-says

#12876 5 years ago

#12877 5 years ago

Schefter is a good follow on twitter. All I want are the facts. Any show on ESPN just repeats themselves ad nauseam. Actual insight is really few and far between. ESPN is the MTV of sports.

#12878 5 years ago

Lotta players going to different teams..I made a bet w a co worker yesterday that his Steelers won’t make the playoffs this year...eze $ I say..Browns r the team to watch in that division

#12879 5 years ago

Lifetime Giants fan here and I say good riddance to OBJ. He has to be the most overrated player in NFL history. Sure he will make a great catch but he also drops a lot of balls. He dropped 2 touchdown passes as I recall in the only playoff game he ever played in. He is often injured as well. I do think he can be good for the Browns and I did love his strong desire to win but its time for the Giants to rebuild and I don't think he is a good player to have on a rebuilding team so take what you can get and move on.

#12880 5 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Lifetime Giants fan here and I say good riddance to OBJ. He has to be the most overrated player in NFL history.

Glad to see you aren't prone to hyperbole.

He's absolutely TORCHED the Skins and I'm sure everybody in the NFC East is glad he's gone. And while the Giants get picks they are still on the cap hook for $16 million.

And the Giants now have one solitary player on offense who scares anybody.

Guess we'll see how the most overrated player in NFL history does on the Browns. I have a hunch he'll make lots of tremendous overrated circus catches and score plenty of overrated touchdowns, leading the overrated Browns on an overrated trip to the overrated playoffs.

#12881 5 years ago

I guess I never really liked the dude either but really, what did he do for them the last 2 years?

#12882 5 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I guess I never really liked the dude either but really, what did he do for them the last 2 years?

The stats and highlights speak for themselves. He had lots of good games.

I'm sure you know the Giants have plenty of problems, which is why the picks are good for a team that's been rebuilding a couple years. But even one of the top receivers in the league - and OBJ is certainly that - can't take a team to the playoffs by himself. Not with Eli, not with that line, etc.

But I have a serious hunch that if you ever get a QB who can actually throw a football anytime soon and a line who can protect him, Giants fans are gonna miss OBJ, big time.

#12883 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Guess we'll see how the most overrated player in NFL history does on the Browns. I have a hunch he'll make lots of tremendous overrated circus catches and score plenty of overrated touchdowns, leading the overrated Browns on an overrated trip to the overrated playoffs.

Overrated prediction.

#12884 5 years ago

Gettleman should have never signed OBJ and then trade him less than a year later. Now the Giants are on the hook for a ton of dead money. OBJ is a tremendous talent but also has a lot of baggage. It is a great trade for the Browns but they better be prepared for his antics.

Full disclosure: Dave Gettleman was the baseball coach in my high school in the mid 70's (we didn't have a football team). He cut me from the team, rightly so. He was also an entertaining driver ed. instructor.

#12885 5 years ago

man I don't know how to feel as a browns fan, for the first time I don't have to worry about the draft.

I can't wait for this season

#12886 5 years ago

Current look at the Browns bandwagon

packed-train-pakistan (resized).jpgpacked-train-pakistan (resized).jpg
#12887 5 years ago

Dirtbag made a bandwagon mention?!

Didn’t see that coming!

#12888 5 years ago

Ouch, that 16m in dead cap sucks for the Giants. They're in really rough shape right now. I hate the idea of grabbing a RB high, especially when you're as bad as they are. Barkley is a fine player, but a 1st rd RB is a luxury pick. The life expectancy of a running back is still extremely low compared to other positions. If/when the Giants do turn things around, it's likely Barkley will either be washed up, or playing for another team.

#12889 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dirtbag made a bandwagon mention?!
Didn’t see that coming!

Shouldn't you be out shopping for a few jeans, a red sportcoat, and a sharp sweater vest?

#12890 5 years ago

Ouch, that 16m in dead cap sucks for the Giants. They're in really rough shape right now. I hate the idea of grabbing a RB high, especially when you're as bad as they are. Barkley is a fine player, but a 1st rd RB is a luxury pick. The life expectancy of a running back is still extremely low compared to other positions. If/when the Giants do turn things around, it's likely Barkley will either be washed up, or playing for another team.

Ball control game now in NYG may be ok. Ground and pound, leads to play action, helps O line look better. I'd be more worried on the D side of the house. A great D can carry a low turnover ball control offense.

#12891 5 years ago

Play action to what?

#12892 5 years ago

Play action to what?

Barkley had 91 receptions 721 yds last year, Shepard 66 receptions 872 yds, Engram (TE) 45 for 577 yds. Yes, you're losing Beckham 77 1052yds. Beauty of the NFL, young talent always to be had.

#12893 5 years ago

Play action to what?

Yeah I just see playaction working too well when it's Eli to whatshisname behind that line.

#12894 5 years ago

Maybe they'll be able to lean on some of that young talent, but if I'm a DC I'm keying on Barkley and letting them try to beat me with the pass.

The process of building a good sustainable team is boring. You need to secure big fat men to push around other big fat men. That's true on both sides of the ball. The position players get all of the attention, but the game is really won in the trenches, and those difference makers are difficult to find, and often demand high draft picks and lots of development time. A RB in the first round is always a mistake by a franchise trending down, unless the goal is ticket and jersey sales.

#12895 5 years ago

Yeah play action to Barkley is not effective when the QB can't/won't throw it down field any longer. Watch the Giants pick up Bortles now that he was released.

#12896 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Watch the Giants pick up Bortles now that he was released.

Fuck that.

#12898 5 years ago

I think Bortles would be a fine backup. Its just a question of whether or not he has accepted that this will be his role.

#12899 5 years ago

All the browns fans around me are dancing in the streets and talking about going to the Super Bowl. Its quite comical.

#12900 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

All the browns fans around me are dancing in the streets and talking about going to the Super Bowl. Its quite comical.

7-1 odds to go to the SB
14-1 to win it all

But don't worry, you guys got Andy Dalton, and THAT is quite comical.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/258?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.