spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 257 of 1,513.
#12801 5 years ago

lol! Jodester we need a pinside achievement for zinged by rondogg!

#12802 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Seriously? How old are you?

You don't have to be young to enjoy your mom jokes.

It's just a little depressing when you get older cause so many moms are dead.

Hey your mom is so dumb she saw a sign that said "Disneyland Left" so she drove back home.

#12803 5 years ago
download_20190225_192116 (resized).jpgdownload_20190225_192116 (resized).jpg
#12804 5 years ago

I can see the Bengels working this one out now.
"Hey remember that Brady & Terrell Davis were both 6th round picks so maybe we just load up there?"

#12806 5 years ago

Witten back on the field this season. I predict he's gonna be slow as shit, but still 100x better than he was in the booth.

#12807 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Witten back on the field this season. I predict he's gonna be slow as shit, but still 100x better than he was in the booth.

The guy's an idiot.

He's also a terrible announcer so I guess this is good for me personally? But at 37 a guy like Witten should be looking forward, not getting his brains beat in for another year.

Don't get this move at all. Some are saying it's a "bridge into coaching," but if that's really what he wants seems like maybe actually getting a coaching gig is better than loading up on the CTE for another season.

#12808 5 years ago

He'll in all likelihood get hurt early in the season and be done for the year.

#12809 5 years ago

No need to worry aboot CTE I don't think there's anything left to damage.
But seriously Jerry pulls you in, flashes some Arkansas cash, tells you you suck at announcing and that he wants you to play for a year and then roll you into coaching gigs for the next 30 years.

Easy choice.

#12810 5 years ago

I could see him missing the cut. A year away from football at that age isn't going to do him any favors. Levi is right about the coaching path - it's not like he'd have trouble getting his foot in the door and work as a assistant TE coach or something for a year until he inevitably gets picked up (unless he's as bad of a coach as he is an announcer).

#12811 5 years ago

I could see him missing the cut. A year away from football at that age isn't going to do him any favors. Levi is right about the coaching path - it's not like he'd have trouble getting his foot in the door and work as a assistant TE coach or something for a year until he inevitably gets picked up (unless he's as bad of a coach as he is an announcer).

Well he wants to be the Cowboys coach, and this Jason Garrett nonsense can't last forever. I'm sure that the carrot Jerry and co dangled in front of him.

#12812 5 years ago

How good or bad can a TE coach be? Because Jason garret is the worst coach in the league and Jerry won't fire him. Whats the life expectancy of a MNF host these days... 2-3 years?

#12813 5 years ago

There are about 30 people in the stands for San Antonio v. Birmingham. AAF might not survive another week.

#12814 5 years ago

Wow, that's terrible. Several Texas pinball tournaments draw more than 30 players.

#12815 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

There are about 30 people in the stands for San Antonio v. Birmingham. AAF might not survive another week.

It’s ok. We get to do it all over again next year with the XFL

And then again 15 years from now for some reason.

#12816 5 years ago

DK Metcalf is a guy to watch in the draft this year. He's absolutely huge, and the combine showed that he has significant speed, too. Here are some of his measurables compared to Julio Jones. Edit - it's not shown in either, but he ran a 4.33

While that's pretty exciting, here's a different look at his stats. The lack of success in the shuttle and 3 cone suggests that he might play pretty stiff, as a lot of those musclebound receivers do.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#12817 5 years ago

DK Metcalf is a guy to watch in the draft this year. He's absolutely huge, and the combine showed that he has significant speed, too. Here are some of his measurables compared to Julio Jones. Edit - it's not shown in either, but he ran a 4.33
While that's pretty exciting, here's a different look at his stats. The lack of success in the shuttle and 3 cone suggests that he might play pretty stiff, as a lot of those musclebound receivers do.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Don't ever get caught up on a player's physique and combine/pro day stats.

Exhibit A: Trent Richardson

#12818 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

The only game that had a decent attendance this weekend was last night's game in Arizona. They somehow managed to get the one end zone almost completely filled. No excuse for weather - it was 74F at the time the game started. If weather is a factor for low attendance then they should start the season in April. Meanwhile in DC, they had a packed house in the pouring rain for the MLS game.

Punters get a lot of work in this league. They should be the highest paid players in the league.

All the games this weekend were low scoring and boring. Drives consistently stalled because a WR can't catch the ball on 3rd down or the QB can't hit the reciever. Punt. Rinse and repeat.

I'll keep watching until baseball season starts since there's nothing else on that I like this time of year.

It'll be interesting to see if there's a second AAF season. And if so, if it would even be televised.

#12819 5 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

I'll keep watching until baseball season starts since there's nothing else on that I like this time of year.

Don't forget about championship badminton coming up this week.
I've never heard of the channel it will be on, but in USA/Canada, it says it is on One World Sport.
https://www.allenglandbadminton.com/championship-info/tv-schedule/
https://www.allenglandbadminton.com/championship-info/competition-schedule-2019/

...and don't forget about men's and women's curling championships coming up on TSN.
https://www.tsn.ca/2016-17-curling-broadcast-schedule-1.593081

#12820 5 years ago

I need confirmation that fella passed the pee pee test! I'm not so much for taking a straight line deep threat WR early, but it's impressive to see a guy with his size move like that.

What's interesting is Ole Miss should have two WRs in the top 15-20 draft picks. But outside a couple non-conference cupcake drubbings I don't recall their offense being very good.

#12821 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Sidebar! I happened to be in Atlanta about 10 years ago and went to a "Thrashers" NHL game. It was late in the season and they sucked. The stadium was empty and during the second period I started counting people in the stands. I found 80-something. I think the official attendance was around 13,000. hah!

#12822 5 years ago

I see the Redskins are rumored to pickup Tannehill. That should solve all of their problems!

#12823 5 years ago

I see the Redskins are rumored to pickup Tannehill. That should solve all of their problems!

Even the Redskins brass aren't that stupid. They can't afford him and he sucks ass anyway.

Every single free agent and trade is always "rumored" as linked to the Redskins to help drive up the price. Been like this for 15 years now.

A much more credible rumor has the Skins trading for Josh Rosen, who the Cardinals (with the #1 pick) appear ready to move on from. This would make much more sense as Rosen is on a rookie contract for years and will be dirt cheap, and he's young with potential and could possibly be had for a 3rd (of course the Skins always overpay so it'll be a 2nd).

Of course "makes sense" and "Redskins brass" aren't usually in the same universe so who knows. Maybe having $40 million tied up in Alex Smith and Tannyhill next season is a more logical outcome.

#12824 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Don't ever get caught up on a player's physique and combine/pro day stats.
Exhibit A: Trent Richardson

In comparison, players at the combine/pro day with terrible physiques and awful stats usually turn out to be great picks!

#12825 5 years ago

I love the NFL draft, even when the Packers are good. It's nothing but wild speculation. Every fan thinks they know what's best for their team based on the writings from some other fan on some random blog, and a 3 minute youtube video. It's great.

This year's draft is filthy with edge rushers, which is perfect for GB. I'm hoping that 3 QBs go in front of pick 12 so we can get as much value as possible, and hopefully grab a plug and play pass rusher.

I take the day off of work on Friday and get together with my college roommate so we can tie one on to watch GB trade out of the first round. It's fun, but I loved the days of waking up early on Saturday with 0 responsibilities and 4(?) rounds to watch.

#12826 5 years ago

I take the day off of work on Friday and get together with my college roommate so we can tie one on to watch GB trade out of the first round.

Do you really see that happening?

Seems like fans love "trade out" scenarios but I rarely see them happen.

#12827 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do you really see that happening?
Seems like fans love "trade out" scenarios but I rarely see them happen.

No, not this year. GB has done it multiple times though. Ted Thompson had a habit of stockpiling draft picks, always looking to maximize value. It became frustrating that it felt like he was always building toward the future, without ever really cashing in the chips.

I fully expect we make our 2 picks in the first round this year.

#12828 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A much more credible rumor has the Skins trading for Josh Rosen

I agree that would be a better move. At least they dont know whether he sucks yet or not.

#12829 5 years ago

I take the day off of work on Friday and get together with my college roommate so we can tie one on to watch GB trade out of the first round. It's fun, but I loved the days of waking up early on Saturday with 0 responsibilities and 4(?) rounds to watch.

It's in Nashville this year. You two should make a trip of it!

Last year was one of my favorite draft moments. The Titans inexplicably allowed Vince Young to announce their 2nd round pick, Harold Landry. But VY being VY, he struggled reading it and announced him as "Honor Honor Landry." Golden!

#12830 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

It's in Nashville this year. You two should make a trip of it!

You know, as much as I love the draft, I just can't imagine ever attending one. Making a trip to Nashville sounds great... but I'd be more likely to find a decent bar to watch it than to actually attend the draft. A lot of the fun is the highlight videos and the reactions, I don't think the live experience can replicate that.

Plus, I imagine I'd have to part with $12 every time I wanted a beer.

#12831 5 years ago

You know, as much as I love the draft, I just can't imagine ever attending one. Making a trip to Nashville sounds great... but I'd be more likely to find a decent bar to watch it than to actually attend the draft. A lot of the fun is the highlight videos and the reactions, I don't think the live experience can replicate that.
Plus, I imagine I'd have to part with $12 every time I wanted a beer.

But you could be that guy they cut to after the Packers' pick, pointing at your #12 jersey and yelling something unintelligible! You could be THAT GUY!!

#12832 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

But you could be that guy they cut to after the Packers' pick, pointing at your #12 jersey and yelling something unintelligible! You could be THAT GUY!!

Probably told this story before But I tuned into the draft, like 15 years ago (in NY), and the very start was a pan over the crowd and I saw this wacky waiter from the bar we knew with the Lions jersey on yelling something unintelligible Pretty funny & random.

#12833 5 years ago

So do the Steelers lose Brown and Bell finally? Seems like a lot of talk about Brown to Raiders (wtf Gruden?) or Broncos. I haven't read anything about Bell though.

#12834 5 years ago

Wow, the Draft isn't for another month and a half. This. stuff. is. so. boring.

#12835 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Wow, the Draft isn't for another month and a half. This. stuff. is. so. boring.

Aren't we all glued to our computers watching AAF games to tide us over?

#12836 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

So do the Steelers lose Brown and Bell finally? Seems like a lot of talk about Brown to Raiders (wtf Gruden?) or Broncos. I haven't read anything about Bell though.

Bell is a FA, Brown trade will be finalized "by Friday." "They say" the 3 teams were Oak, Ten, & Skins(?), but a couple more teams have come forward today.

#12837 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Bell is a FA, Brown trade will be finalized Friday. "They say" the 3 teams were Oak, Ten, & Skins(?), but a couple more teams have come forward today.

Ah I didn't realize about Bell. I was thinking they were going round and round with franchise tags. Any news on where he lands?

I read Tenn is out on Brown. They might have been willing to pay, but not give high draft pick(s) as well. Plus Brown can't be interested in 3 targets a game.

My guess is they were never really "in", just that their WRs are so historically bad it's easy to link them to any opportunity. Now we did have hall of famer Randy Moss!

#12838 5 years ago

The deal was they could have tagged him again and then traded him, but they already have 1 headache to trade. They probably don't want to total dick move him like Raiders did to Marcus Allen either. Haven't really looked into his landing spots.

Yeah Tenn & WRs arent a good mix...Just like Seattle.

#12839 5 years ago

Reports today that the NFL and AAF had "informal" talks about the NFL supplying contracted players (like practice squad) to get some playing time in the AAF. Apparently the hurdles are risk of injury (of course - what can you do?) and some agreement about the length of the off-season. I think this could be good for NFL players and the AAF if they can figure out a way to do it.

"BIG" game coming up on Saturday - so much so they moved it to TNT: Orlando Apollos at Birmingham Iron 2PM EST. Let's see how many are in attendance for this one.

#12840 5 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Reports today that the NFL and AAF had "informal" talks about the NFL supplying contracted players (like practice squad) to get some playing time in the AAF. Apparently the hurdles are risk of injury (of course - what can you do?) and some agreement about the length of the off-season. I think this could be good for NFL players and the AAF if they can figure out a way to do it.

Didn't they do something like that with the NFL Europe? I miss the Rhein Fire.

Are the Raiders playing in Oakland for one more season? Last I heard they did not have a home.

#12841 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Didn't they do something like that with the NFL Europe?

Pretty much.

I didn't follow NFL Europe cuz of the time difference.

When my brother was stationed in Germany he went to a game and he said the fans would go nuts over field goals but not so much when TDs were scored.

#12842 5 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Pretty much.
I didn't follow NFL Europe cuz of the time difference.
When my brother was stationed in Germany he went to a game and he said the fans would go nuts over field goals but not so much when TDs were scored.

Yeah they loved FGs and punts. Went nuts.

All I really remember about World League was Helmet cam. Great gimmick!

The thing was huge too, looked like a small hair dryer attached to the side of the QBs helmet.

Helmet cam baby!

#12843 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah they loved FGs and punts. Went nuts.
All I really remember about World League was Helmet cam. Great gimmick!
The thing was huge too, looked like a hair dryer attached to the side of the QBs helmet.
Helmet cam baby!

There were more fans in the stands in that video than AAF

#12844 5 years ago

Bring back the helmet cam!!

never mind. Gotta go to youtube to watch it.

#12845 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

never mind. Gotta go to youtube to watch it.

Yeah F that. I ain't clickin' shit

#12846 5 years ago

Redskins getting Keenum and a 7th for a 6th.

#12847 5 years ago

Speaking of side leagues, I am good friends with Jeff Brohm’s cousin. Jeff is Perdue’s coach now, but before that he was apparently one of the first stars of the XFL!! There were some stars right?

Maybe it was good the XFL shut down because I don’t think Jeff would be coaching today, or even be here at all, if he played a few more years in the league. I like his “rub dirt on it and get back in the game!” attitude though. Love his quote at the end!

#12848 5 years ago

Redskins getting Keenum and a 7th for a 6th.

I thought they should have made a play for Rosen. I still think he's worth a first. Missing on a first round pick isn't the killer. It's missing on big contracts that gets you.

#12849 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I thought they should have made a play for Rosen. I still think he's worth a first. Missing on a first round pick isn't the killer. It's missing on big contracts that gets you.

Keenum gonna be super cheap, 1 year at $3.5 with Denver eating half his salary this season. Skins still could make a play for Rosen, which I was much more excited about.

All this is is some insurance, does give Skins back some leverage and comfort in the offseason.

#12850 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Keenum gonna be super cheap, 1 year at $3.5 with Denver eating half his salary this season.

About what he’s worth, reasonable deal for the Redskins (and Broncos were just desperate to unload him).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 257 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/257?hl=vectorgamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.