pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-08 204744 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-182844_Brave (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-180037_Brave (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1712612981603 (resized).jpg
dan-cant-see-me.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,606 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 1,513.
#12651 5 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Why do Pats fans have to be such sore winners?

Has nothing to do with ESPN; they're the top dog and people don't like top dogs.
It's a vicious cycle. How much shit did anyone have to say aboot the Pats after the first 1 or 2 SBs? Not much.
Then they they were clearly the best team and everyone got sick of them, throw in some shit like spygate and it fuels the fire.
Pats fans are fucking annoying, just like anyone's fans are annoying. THey're just more annoying because they receive more shit than anyone else.
The bottom line is, they win more than anyone else, and when cornered with a bunch of negativity towards them thee only response left is they win more. Which is true, and its the reason you hate them in the first place.

Around and around. Gotta hand it to them, they thrive on it. That's why they're always the underdog even when they're favored; genius.

Quoted from henrydwh:

How about starting clubs like we have for machines, but with teams? You could have general NFL talk here and fans of their respective teams can go talk it up in their Steelers club or their Patriots club or whatever! Just a thought. I have thick skin... so let the insults begin!

Ha...it just wont work. Sports talk without talking shit aboot other teams just does not exist on earth. It would be super boring and no one would care.

#12652 5 years ago

Ha...it just wont work. Sports talk without talking shit aboot other teams just does not exist on earth. It would be super boring and no one would care.

Oh I hear you! As a Chiefs fan I love nothing more then talking shit to Bronco fans and Raider fans! It's a must in the sports world! Like I said it was just a thought.

#12653 5 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

Raider fans!

Raider Fans?!? Do they even exist still? ahahahahaa!!!

#12654 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Raider Fans?!? Do they even exist still? ahahahahaa!!!

LMAO truth be told, I really thought Gruden would do a lot better then he has! I admit I was scared when he came out of retirement to coach the Raiders! Now I am just amused!

#12655 5 years ago

I don;t think anyone could see it being as bad as it was. But they got a shitload of picks...but can they cash them in is the question.

#12656 5 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

How about starting clubs like we have for machines, but with teams?

I would have to get a burner account or two to talk to myself about the Jags and the Bucs.

#12657 5 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

How about starting clubs like we have for machines, but with teams?

Not enough activity on this forum to make them worthwhile. They already have team threads on the MISC forum over at BodyBuilding.com and those threads can go days without posts.

You can always use Reddit.

#12658 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don;t think anyone could see it being as bad as it was. But they got a shitload of picks...but can they cash them in is the question.

They already HAD the best defensive player in the league and traded him rather than pay up. I really don't get that move.

I don't think the Gruden thing is gonna work out. He was already washed up when the Bucs fired him.

#12659 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He was already washed up when the Bucs fired him.

Ah, you mean after he won the SB with Dungy's team and amazing defense?

#12660 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ah, you mean after he won the SB with Dungy's team and amazing defense?

I would agree that the defense was in place when he took over but, the offense saw a great deal of improvement. I will be honest though, I don't care for him or his brother even when he was in Cincy.

#12661 5 years ago

That offense, as I remember it, was Dunn and Alstott all day, and then they had Keyshawn in his prime to keep the defense honest. Am I remembering correctly? Wasn't that in place when Gruden took over? X-Y-3 Banana?

I don't really understand what Gruden is trying to do. I watched some of the senior bowl practice, and he seemed smitten with Drew Lock. I believe Elway was reportedly really interested in him as well. I wouldn't be horribly surprised to see them try to move Carr and pickup a new QB in the draft. Gruden seems crazy enough to pull a maneuver like that.

#12662 5 years ago

Future HOFer JE11

a0gf2oof4df21 (resized).jpga0gf2oof4df21 (resized).jpg
#12663 5 years ago

Pft, Edelmann as a HOFer is absurd. Recency bias, no doubt.

#12664 5 years ago

Here.

2303812865122854250 (resized).jpg2303812865122854250 (resized).jpg
#12665 5 years ago

Meh, all they have to do is play the replay of his catch against Atlanta in the SB and he will get in...greatest catch in SB History.

th11DVG952 (resized).jpgth11DVG952 (resized).jpg
#12666 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Meh, all they have to do is play the replay of his catch against Atlanta in the SB and he will get in...greatest catch in SB History.

Wrong. The best SB catch was against the Pats. David Tyree for HOF!
201310120213080025595 (resized).jpeg201310120213080025595 (resized).jpeg

#12667 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Wrong. The best SB catch was against the Pats. David Tyree for HOF!
[quoted image]

True. Tyree was a literal and figurative giant of the game!

Plus, he's got the kind of politics most NFL fans can get behind!

HOF! HOF!

#12668 5 years ago

Hey, that's no fair! You can't just bring Tyree into this! He's not standing behind me is he?

#12669 5 years ago

Im kinds liking this AAF Football league so far!! These guys came to play!

#12670 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im kinds liking this AAF Football league so far!! These guys came to play!

I can't say this is must-see football, but as an NFL fan I do like the idea of an NFL d-league other than the NCAA

#12671 5 years ago

I just watched San Antonio vs San Diego. Seemed all very professional and the guys were hungry. I enjoyed myself. Another excuse to drink beer and yell at my television. Just wish there was a team in the Northeast I could get behind.

#12672 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I can't say this is must-see football, but as an NFL fan I do like the idea of an NFL d-league other than the NCAA

Yeah but i cant say that the NFL is must see football anymore either. All i wanna see is guys that play hard, the rest will work itself out. I still believe that the XFL will be better than the AAF though. A man can never have too much football guys! Give this a chance!

#12673 5 years ago

Fun enough to watch. I'll check it out again tomorrow. The ability to hear the plays coming in was kind of neat.

#12674 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Fun enough to watch. I'll check it out again tomorrow. The ability to hear the plays coming in was kind of neat.

What time do they play tomorrow?

#12675 5 years ago
Screenshot_20190209-225752_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190209-225752_Chrome (resized).jpg
#12676 5 years ago

Wow shades of the old NFL when the QB's weren't so protected, this could be good.

#12677 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Wow shades of the old NFL when the QB's weren't so protected, this could be good.

I actually enjoyed it. Not sure about some of the rules but I seen a bunch of guys out there playing their asses off and thats all i really care about in the end. They were playing for a reason. When a player makes 10 million dollars a year he don't have much incentive to play. Add that to the shitty rules that the NFL has come up with and it all equals bad football.

I still think that the XFL will be better once it comes out. The biggest problem they face right now is theres only 8 teams and most people wont have a team to get behind and root for. Pretty good football though all in all and im excited to watch todays games. Im a huge football fan and i just dont like the NFL much anymore and i need some good football in my life.

#12678 5 years ago

It's kindof perfect timing for football junkies who don't care about basketball/hockey. Summer Leagues always suffered because people are way too busy to care about staying inside to watch a game. NFL really needs a place for coaches/players to go when there isn't a spot on an nfl team. I hope it works.

#12679 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

It's kindof perfect timing for football junkies who don't care about basketball/hockey. Summer Leagues always suffered because people are way too busy to care about staying inside to watch a game. NFL really needs a place for coaches/players to go when there isn't a spot on an nfl team. I hope it works.

The XFL also started the week after the super bowl.

#12680 5 years ago

Nice to have a team nearby in Orlando. I must admit that I watched the Magic game last night and only saw a couple of minutes of the new football team. What I saw looked pretty good though. I have never been a college football fan and agree with the post above stating that it would be good to have a D-league here in the states.

#12681 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The XFL also started the week after the super bowl.

*starts (2020)

"started" would imply it has already begun, which it hasnt. Try to keep up.

#12682 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

*starts (2020)

The XFL's opening game took place on February 3, 2001, one year after the league was announced, less than one week following the NFL's Super Bowl XXXV. The first game was between the New York/New Jersey Hitmen and the Las Vegas Outlaws at Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Original XFL.

#12683 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

*starts (2020)

When the XFL started it was the exact same time frame. It failed. I was pointing out the timing of the current AAF is no guarantee of success.

“Started” implied I was talking about the original XFL. A 10-year old could grasp that. Try to keep up.

Also you haven’t whined about the patriots in 10 minutes. Are you ok?!

#12684 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

When the XFL started it was the exact same time frame. It failed. I was pointing out the timing of the current AAF is no guarantee of success.
“Started” implied I was talking about the original XFL. A 10-year old could grasp that. Try to keep up.

Who said it was going to be a guaranteed success??? Who gives a sh*t? We all know you are a NFL fan boy but there's room for more football leagues. The NFL has been pussified and ruined so i welcome these new leagues personally.

#12685 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I will say that the NFL and their business partners are all on board this time which was much different 17 years ago when the XFL started. No ESPiN and the other networks actively railing against it, mocking every move. Remember, NBC (who carried the XFL) did not broadcast the NFL (Fox had the NFC, CBS the AFC) and ESPN carried SNF, ABC carried MNF. So ESPN, CBS, ABC and Fox had a very strong prejudice against NBC and the XFL and needed it to fail. That became apparent on every single talk show ESPN had where the commentators universally mocked the "bad football" and WWF connections. XFL for how cool it actually was, never had a chance.

This time all the right companies are pretty much on board and there are even flattering articles on ESPN.com today and no doubt the commentators tomorrow will be equally complimentary.

#12686 5 years ago

I really thought XFL was terrible. It wasn’t just that the football was bad (and it was), the whole thing was so lowbrow, dumb and tasteless it just put me off. If your football is awful, “behind the scenes cheerleaders,” Jerry lawlor and an “opening scrum” ain’t gonna help.

It’s nice to hear you guys are enjoying the new league. I’ll check it out at some point if it doesn’t go tits up. Sound like at the very least it’s being run by adults.

#12687 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

When a player makes 10 million dollars a year he don't have much incentive to play. Add that to the shitty rules that the NFL has come up with and it all equals bad football.

Do you honestly think that NFL players don't have much incentive to play? Most contracts are not guaranteed and alot of their pay is bonus and incentive based. Take a look at the top 10 salary earners, they all bust their asses each week. The exception maybe being Kirk Cousins, but I say that as a disappointed Vikings fan.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Add that to the shitty rules that the NFL has come up with and it all equals bad football.

The shitty rules are there because the NFL is giving fans exactly what they want. More points! Just look at this years SB. Everyone bitched about how bad the game was because it was low scoring. Fans want points so the NFL comes up with rules to protect their offensive players, QB especially. You call it pussified, I call it catering to their fan base.

#12688 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I really thought XFL was terrible.

You thought wrong. The players werent overpaid babies and they got paid on incentive based contracts. They also pkayed hard and knocked the F out of each other, unlike the NFL.

#12689 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Definitely. San Ant’s qback got steamrolled at full speed last night in the middle of a throw, helmet flew off mid-air, he nailed the ground. No flag. Excellent.

I’d like to see how Brady could do under conditions like that.

#12690 5 years ago

Do you honestly think that NFL players don't have much incentive to play? Most contracts are not guaranteed and alot of their pay is bonus and incentive based. Take a look at the top 10 salary earners, they all bust their asses each week. The exception maybe being Kirk Cousins, but I say that as a disappointed Vikings fan.

The shitty rules are there because the NFL is giving fans exactly what they want. More points! Just look at this years SB. Everyone bitched about how bad the game was because it was low scoring. Fans want points so the NFL comes up with rules to protect their offensive players, QB especially. You call it pussified, I call it catering to their fan base.

Some players will always play hard because they love playing football but once a lot of them get the big contracts they lose their passion for the game. Also the NFL is NOT giving fans what they want. Everyone i know hates the new rules and all of the political BS. Have you happened to notice that NFL ratings have plummeted lately? Must not be what the fans want.

#12691 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Have you happened to notice that NFL ratings have plummeted lately? Must not be what the fans want.

NFL ratings were up for 2018, but the SB itself was down.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I really thought XFL was terrible

It was. They had a lack of skill players, and the players just seemed slow compared to NFL'ers. Dick Ebersol has said that it was terrible football and he helped create the league.

#12692 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

all of the political BS

It was never political until one person wanted to turn it political. Before that it was players exercising their 1st amendment rights.

**Edit** I'm assuming that you're talking about the kneeling. If you're not then I apologize.

#12693 5 years ago

NFL ratings were up for 2018,

They may have been up from 2017 but i can guarantee you one million percent that theres not as many people watching the NFL as what there used to be.

#12694 5 years ago

It was never political until one person wanted to turn it political. Before that it was players exercising their 1st amendment rights.

Well when i watch football i want to watch football and not a bunch of babies trying to excersise their 1st amendment rights but hey thats just me (and nearly everyone else i know) and you can support it if you want to. Regardless of what you think though it didn't fare well for the NFL.

#12695 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They may have been up from 2017 but i can guarantee you one million percent that theres not as many people watching the NFL as what there used to be.

I agree with you on that. That's why I feel that the NFL is making rules to help offenses, so that people are more likely to turne in and hopefully see shootouts.

I'll add too that the rule changes are also alienating a lot of fans. I don't think the NFL is anywhere close to as good as it used to be, but it's the best football we have with the best players.

#12696 5 years ago

That's why I feel that the NFL is making rules to help offenses,

That is simply a fact. Most, if not all the new rules favor the offensive side of the game now.

#12697 5 years ago

I agree with you on that. That's why I feel that the NFL is making rules to help offenses, so that people are more likely to turne in and hopefully see shootouts.
I'll add too that the rule changes are also alienating a lot of fans. I don't think the NFL is anywhere close to as good as it used to be, but it's the best football we have with the best players.

Yes but if the best players can't play the game the way its meant to be played then they arent giving their best and that makes for bad football.

People love football because of the hits. I want to see people get leveled! I dont want to see anyone paralyzed or anything like that obviously but theres nothing better than seeing a Defensive End laying a big hit on a QB, or a linebacker smash a QB that likes to run on the defense, or to see a safety layout a wide receiver. Thats football!

Getting hurt is part of football, it happens sometimes because its a rough sport.

#12698 5 years ago

The new XFL will look nothing like the 2001 version. Won’t be a single shred of WWE (like broadcasters). No Opie and Anthony pregame show. No weird off field antics. No “He Hate Me” jerseys. They’ve stated it will be straight up football. Just a matter of what the appetite for more football there is I guess. Live programming is the new hotness all networks are looking for right now. That’s why WWE just pocketed like $2.3 billion (yes, billion) in TV deals.

#12699 5 years ago

THats all well and good, I simply have no faith in Vince McMahon to produce anything of a quality that I’m interested in.

Good luck to him though.

#12700 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

THats all well and good, I simply have no faith in Vince McMahon to produce anything of a quality that I’m interested in.
Good luck to him though.

I'm with you, I didn't like it the first go round. Will I watch a couple games, of coarse I will. I want it to be good so all Vince has to do is show me.

I don't care or arena football either but it appears to have enough followers that it stays.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,606 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/254?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.