nfl films 1970 (resized).png
IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
so-shatto-is-dealing-late-burns-to-the-49ers-v0-kr4yigcvzdpc1.png
IMG_5898 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,314 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 1,507.
#12601 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think that shows just how hard it is to get to a SB for typical QB and dynasty. One more appearance and TB will have been to the SB two times more than any other QB.
I’m sure it helps to be in a division with Jets, Bills and dolphins, that explains how they win every division title but they still have to win the AFC playoffs.
Plus Brady has done it with a wide variety of different support players and arguable never once with the best RB or WR (except one time with Randy Moss).
[quoted image]

Maybe if Brady manages to win a couple more rings, the stubborn people might finally have to admit that he was the best quarterback to play the game.

#12602 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Maybe if Brady manages to win a couple more rings, the stubborn people might finally have to admit that he was the best quarterback to play the game.

I’m sure it’s a team game and the QB doesn’t necessarily win the games by himself. For example Trent Dilfer who is a so-so QB, Blake Bortles (below average QB) was on the cusp of getting to a SB. But the QB does get a lot of the acolytes and a lot of money such as Aaron Rodgers and Drew Breese who are considered locks for HOF but have been to one SB. (?)

But to me Tom although he didn’t win all the SB by himself, he is an ironman who’s played in (I think) three seasons worth of playoff games and still going to 3 straight SB at the age when guys like Elway were retired.

Over 200 regular season wins, never had a losing record, 16 division championships

List of playoff games played
7892F676-5E41-4299-8547-FCF1B1168F07 (resized).jpeg7892F676-5E41-4299-8547-FCF1B1168F07 (resized).jpeg
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/g_playoffs_career.htm

#12603 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I bet Brady gets a lifetime supply of Kraft Mac ‘n Cheese now that he won...

Wrong Kraft

#12604 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m sure it helps to be in a division with Jets, Bills and dolphins, that explains how they win every division title but they still have to win the AFC playoffs.

How do they stay so bad year after year? They have been watching the Patriots do it for close to 20 years. Year after year I hear this will finally be the year they compete. And at the end of the year, the Pats win again. It's their entire organization that is broken. Right from the owner on down. Heck, look at Bill Belichick and his ending as "HC of the NYJ".

Who can forget this gem:

jets-settle-belichick-10132014 (resized).jpgjets-settle-belichick-10132014 (resized).jpg

Settle??? Settle for the greatest coach of all time. And then they got who they wanted and demoted him. Then 3 years later they tried to force him into the position... and he resigned after a day. Bill Belichick was the Head Coach of the New York Jets TWICE!!! That is more times than he has been the Head Coach of the Patriots. The other teams in the AFC East are just broken. Can they win a game by pretending it is the Super Bowl like the Dolphins did this year against us? Sure. Is it actually the Super Bowl? Nope, that's for the Pats.

Maybe some day the other teams will "get it"... I hear Rex Ryan is still available... and he didn't come here to kiss Bill's rings

#12605 5 years ago

Is there anything more miserable than a Patriots fan?

Cheer up! You guys just won another Super Bowl!

Am I allowed to announce Facebook ignores? I've got all my Pats friends on 30 day snooze.

Even Eric Stone! That one hurt the most cause I love that crazy bastard.

My Brother in Law I won't miss much, as he's also an annoying Phish fanatic.

#12606 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

How do they stay so bad year after year? They have been watching the Patriots do it for close to 20 years. Year after year I hear this will finally be the year they compete. And at the end of the year, the Pats win again. It's their entire organization that is broken. Right from the owner on down. Heck, look at Bill Belichick and his ending as "HC of the NYJ".
Who can forget this gem:
[quoted image]
Settle??? Settle for the greatest coach of all time. And then they got who they wanted and demoted him. Then 3 years later they tried to force him into the position... and he resigned after a day. Bill Belichick was the Head Coach of the New York Jets TWICE!!! That is more times than he has been the Head Coach of the Patriots. The other teams in the AFC East are just broken. Can they win a game by pretending it is the Super Bowl like the Dolphins did this year against us? Sure. Is it actually the Super Bowl? Nope, that's for the Pats.
Maybe some day the other teams will "get it"... I hear Rex Ryan is still available... and he didn't come here to kiss Bill's rings

HC of Browns 1994 was the last playoff game the Browns won.

We all think of the Browns as a sad sack team but they made the playoffs 27 times out of 48 years up to 1994. Since then one Playoff appearance (although some of that time they didn’t exist).

#12607 5 years ago

Meh. Misquoted post. Deleted.

#12608 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

HC of Browns 1994 was the last playoff game the Browns won.
We all think of the Browns as a sad sack team but they made the playoffs 27 times out of 48 years up to 1994. Since then one Playoff appearance (although some of that time they didn’t exist).

We are all sad sacks except the Pats. It's their league we all just visit it.

SUCK IT HATAS!!! YOU GOT BRADY'S D IN YAH MOUTH!

JETAH SUCKS!!!! GO SAWX!!!

www.yourteamcheats.com

#12609 5 years ago

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see one programming note during the Super Bowl about the AAF. Interestingly, NFL Network will be televising games as well.

https://programminginsider.com/2019-alliance-of-american-football-aaf-week-1-tv-and-announcer-schedule/

#12610 5 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see one programming note during the Super Bowl about the AAF. Interestingly, NFL Network will be televising games as well.
https://programminginsider.com/2019-alliance-of-american-football-aaf-week-1-tv-and-announcer-schedule/

They got Steve Spurrier to come out of retirement for this thing?!

Be honest, does anybody here have the slightest interest in checking this out? It's not like I'm praying for this to fail but I can't say that I do. Just not appealing.

#12611 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Be honest, does anybody here have the slightest interest in checking this out?

Yes.

#12612 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Be honest, does anybody here have the slightest interest in checking this out?

Yes. I also watch the CFL on occasion.

#12613 5 years ago

I'll check out all the new leagues for a hot minute. I won't build my day around it, and it will quickly vacate any interest, but I'll look for some cool things for the NFL to steal from them.

CFL is so much better in many ways... I'd love to see NFL caliber players play with their rules /field. Multiple men in motion towards the line...fantastic.

#12614 5 years ago

I'll watch the AAF and next year the XFL because I like football. It remains to be seen if either will be a watchable product but I will give it a chance. I don't see it as being any different than watching minor league baseball or hockey.

Quoted from TheLaw:

CFL is so much better in many ways... I'd love to see NFL caliber players play with their rules /field. Multiple men in motion towards the line...fantastic.

2 chances to get a first down or punt. That kills me. I can't watch the CFL.

#12615 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We are all sad sacks except the Pats. It's their league we all just visit it.

Quotes for truth

#12616 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Quotes for truth

Not sure if you saw, but they are allowing male cheerleaders on NFL squads now. New Orleans did it and a few other teams. You should try out.

Maybe Brady will give you a big smooch instead of Kraft.

#12617 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Not sure if you saw, but they are allowing male cheerleaders on NFL squads now. New Orleans did it and a few other teams. You should try out.
Maybe Brady will give you a big smooch instead of Kraft.

I’ll look into it.

#12618 5 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

I'll watch the AAF and next year the XFL because I like football. It remains to be seen if either will be a watchable product but I will give it a chance. I don't see it as being any different than watching minor league baseball or hockey.

2 chances to get a first down or punt. That kills me. I can't watch the CFL.

Same here! I love football and will give it a chance. I never thought that i would ever be down on the NFL in my life but they are just ruining it in my opinion. I would like to see some great football year around, i dont care if its NFL, XFL, or college football. I just wanna see some great football.

#12620 5 years ago

Patriots? Aren’t they the team that won the Super Bowl this year?

#12621 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Yes. I also watch the CFL on occasion.

Crap Football League.

That said, the NFL wasn't a real treat this year either. Fucking refs.

#12622 5 years ago

Fuck the Patriots!!!!!

#12623 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Fuck the Patriots!!!!!

Yummy yummy hate. Not only is it delicious, but it’s food for next years run to the Super Bowl.

#12624 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Fuck the Patriots!!!!!

I am willing to bet that every Saints fan is glad that the Patriots won.

#12625 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Fuck the Patriots!!!!!

Yummy yum yummmmmm!

Brady Haters (resized).jpgBrady Haters (resized).jpg
#12626 5 years ago
FB_IMG_1549469254935 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1549469254935 (resized).jpg
#12627 5 years ago

First time in years I didn't watch any of the Super Bowl. No pre-game, no commercials, no half-time entertainment, ...no nothin.

2 reasons:
* The no-call on the pass interference in the Saints-Rams game really screwed the Saints.
Would have been a better Super Bowl with the Saints representing the NFC.
* I was busy that day packing, cleaning, loading, & moving to a new place.

Congrats to the Patriots.

#12628 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

First time in years I didn't watch any of the Super Bowl.

Yeah ratings were way down....but that will happen with LA back in the mix.

#12629 5 years ago

Congrats on the move, make sure to post pics of your new game room once you're settled:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/251#post-4825500

Certainly a tough loss for the Saints. It's tough to swallow when your team goes down like that. The Packers have had our fair amount of heartbreakers in Rodgers era. Everyone remembers the Seahawks collapse, but letting Fitzgerald run wild after a successful hail mary has got to be the quickest turnaround from elation to depression I can remember.

It's a really rough feeling to go from feeling like it was your year, to realizing everything over the last several months is lost, and you need to do even better to claim the ultimate prize next year. I can't imagine the toll that would take as a player. It's especially hard to swallow when you have an aging QB at the helm as a critical piece to that puzzle.

I think the Saints are in a good position to make another run next year. That division is weak, and hopefully the team can rally around that loss.

#12630 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

First time in years I didn't watch any of the Super Bowl. No pre-game, no commercials, no half-time entertainment, ...no nothin.
2 reasons:
* The no-call on the pass interference in the Saints-Rams game really screwed the Saints.
Would have been a better Super Bowl with the Saints representing the NFC.
* I was busy that day packing, cleaning, loading, & moving to a new place.
Congrats to the Patriots.

You guys got jobbed. Losing sucks no matter how it happens. When the other team just plays better, or you play bad, it’s just what can happen. But having a win stolen by the ref ignoring two massive penalties like that was crazy. The Saints should have been in the Super Bowl.

Good luck in the new place.

#12631 5 years ago

It's a really rough feeling to go from feeling like it was your year, to realizing everything over the last several months is lost, and you need to do even better to claim the ultimate prize next year. I can't imagine the toll that would take as a player. It's especially hard to swallow when you have an aging QB at the helm as a critical piece to that puzzle.

Happened to the Patriots after SB52 loss to the Eagles. Exact same scenario with an even more aging QB. Then we won SB 53. Maybe you should join us as a Patriots fan? You're welcome to join the love train any time! Do it before they rename the SB Trophy after Belichick so you can say you were here all along!

#12632 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Exact same scenario with an even more aging QB.

That doesn't count, you can just plug in any 5th round talent and be just as successful. The only tough part is finding one that will kiss your owner on the mouth!

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
#12633 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Then we won SB 53.

What position do you play? Or are you an assistant coach? Front office, perhaps?

#12634 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

What position do you play? Or are you an assistant coach? Front office, perhaps?

"We are all Patriots, and once again the Patriots are World Champions" - BKraft 2/4/19

So I guess I'm an owner/player (and season ticket holder). I guess you are too.

Oh and I see after talking so much smack before the SB you were too sad ( and prob hung over) to show up on Monday. Classy.

#12635 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I think he can actually say it cause I think his brother played for the team 29 years ago or something. We all forget the details since no one gives a shit.

#12636 5 years ago

Bury this shitshow. We can go here because we are sick of reading about the Patriots and their shenanigans.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-2020-nfl-thread#post-4826829

#12637 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We all forget the details since no one gives a shit.

....yet you keep bringing it up.

Interesting.

#12638 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think he can actually say it cause I think his brother played for the team 29 years ago or something. We all forget the details since no one gives a shit.

Oh, and I forgot to ask:

What did your wife's son think of the Superbowl? Was he entertained?

#12639 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Bury this shitshow. We can go here because we are sick of reading about the Patriots and their shenanigans.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-2020-nfl-thread#post-4826829

Sorry I gotta disagree there. Gotta kick all the NFL talk to Centerflank's OG 5 year old thread; tradition man! eXpecially for getting away from the Pats stuff

Quoted from dirtbag66:

....yet you keep bringing it up.
Interesting.

Your social awkwardness is kind of the only interesting thing aboot you, there isn't much else to bring up other than the bandwagon thing which Levi usually takes care of.

Quoted from dirtbag66:

Oh, and I forgot to ask:
What did your wife's son think of the Superbowl? Was he entertained?

If she's got a son she does a good job hiding him from me; which I would appreciate anyway.

#12640 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If she's got a son she does a good job hiding him from me; which I would appreciate anyway.

Did your boys never learn how to swim? I get ya. No shame, buddy. What's your address? I'll send you some Gillette razors.

#12641 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Did your boys never learn how to swim? I get ya. No shame, buddy.

They swam into her egg and made a daughter.

Quoted from dirtbag66:

What's your address? I'll send you some Gillette razors.

Been lasered for years.

#12642 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They swam into her egg and made a daughter.

Been lasered for years.

You sure they were yours?

#12643 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

You sure they were yours?

Sadly yes, couldn't hold out forever, the party had to end at some point.

#12644 5 years ago

Okay, I've been told to lay off you. So I will adhere to their wishes. Some people can only take so much, I guess.

How 'bout them 2019 Steelers?

#12645 5 years ago

25478A81-60B0-454C-A337-F56364F85654.gif25478A81-60B0-454C-A337-F56364F85654.gif

+ 2

#12646 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Okay, I've been told to lay off you. So I will adhere to their wishes. Some people can only take so much, I guess.
How 'bout them 2019 Steelers?

No problem from my end of course.

Steelers...no idea. I think Conner can do a decent job and wont wear down so much but the end of the season.
No idea if JuJu has #1 capabilities or if we have to find out.
Brown trade is the big question...SF gotta cough up the #2 pick to do it but hey some teams apprently don't like it when you push Women to the ground so he may have just assigned himself to the bench all year. I really want to trade him to SF though so he can see what the other side is like.

Like a lot of these teams it's coming to an end shortly, there was a long window but without a big QB you only have so much of a chance, and Rothlisburger only has a couple years left. Every old QB team has a short time left....even Bellicheck would take a couple years to reload when Brady goes.

#12647 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Rothlisburger

*facepalm*

#12648 5 years ago

I like this one better. So much history. So much salt. So much hope. So many crushed dreams.

What's to stop Pats fans from posting in the other one?

#12649 5 years ago

I like this one better. So much history. So much salt. So much hope. So many crushed dreams.

Well let's start the movement then. I'm with you

#12650 5 years ago

Here's a thought, and please don't burn me at the stake, kill my dog or burn down my house! How about starting clubs like we have for machines, but with teams? You could have general NFL talk here and fans of their respective teams can go talk it up in their Steelers club or their Patriots club or whatever! Just a thought. I have thick skin... so let the insults begin!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
There are 75,314 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/253?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.