24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 1,513.
#12551 5 years ago

that Gronk catch was pretty great.

#12552 5 years ago

Watching Goff get knocked around was entertaining for me. Even Brady got sacked a couple times. QB's are pampered so much nowadays that it's nice to see them take their licks once in a while.

#12553 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The longest punt in SB history was pretty thrilling. Glad I was there to see it.

You were there too?!? Where were your seats? I was in a suite on the 50 yard line. It was amazing.

#12554 5 years ago

I can respect a good defensive battle. But when you’ve got a grand total of one trip to the red zone (which resolved in one play) and only a couple of interceptions, some of the natural tension of the game is lost.

#12555 5 years ago

MVP, MVP, MVP

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#12556 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The K man, nice. It is actually a great commercial.

Big sex I the city fan eh?

Quoted from DaveH:

I’m not buying that Super Bowl Championship hat. Yuck. Did Roger Goodell design that as a delayed punishment against the Pats for winning so much? ]

Yeah light Grey on white? It fits the game I guess.

#12557 5 years ago
51330677_10156956181346081_5168492841470525440_n (resized).jpg51330677_10156956181346081_5168492841470525440_n (resized).jpg
#12558 5 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12559 5 years ago

Patriots fans today: "What a defensive juggernaut of a game!!! Best SB ever, and my team still pulled it off!! Brady is the best!!"

Rams fans today (while in line at Starbucks): "What time is the SB next Sunday? What? The game was yesterday?"

Every other NFL team fan today: Well, that game really sucked.

A few pages ago somebody said Eagles fans always need to feel better about themselves. All I heard all week was how Pederson was "ok" last year but "McVay is the most innovative offensive mind to grace the sport in years". Rams = 3 points, 260 yards, Eagles last year = 41 points, and 538 yards against the same exact team. And walked away with the ring.

I officially feel better both about myself, and my team...sans bandwagon.

#12560 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Rams fans today (while in line at Starbucks): "What time is the SB next Sunday? What? The game was yesterday?"

Every other NFL team fan today: Well, that game really sucked.

Awesome. Well said.
I am a Patriots fan. That game really sucked. LOL. I think that is the worst SB that I have ever seen.

#12561 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Awesome. Well said.
I am a Patriots fan. That game really sucked. LOL. I think that is the worst SB that I have ever seen.

Well, for what it's worth...congrats on another ring. Not that the Pats had to do a whole lot to earn it.

#12562 5 years ago

For what its worth, thank you. To be honest, if they lost I don't think it would have bothered me that much. I just wanted it to end.

#12563 5 years ago

The Pats did a good job defensively. We've seen this from the Rams already this year. They looked really vulnerable late in the year to my eyes. They didn't do anything to establish the run yesterday (maybe because of the looks they were seeing up front, honestly didn't watch that closely). I'm not sure what the deal was with Gurley. Goff had 0 pocket awareness all game, and he just doesn't seem to have the chops to overcome pressure. Romo said it, they were only bringing 4 or 5 guys, but disguised it well to make Goff feel like he was really being pressured. Gilmore looks like a real talent.

The offense was mediocre at best. I can't believe we're hearing talk of Edelmann as a HOFer now.. he had a good game, but cmon... he wasn't even the best WR on the team for most of the year. Once NE was able to recognize the zone, it was just pitch and catch for the couple of successful drives they had.

There was good defense, but it really started from a coaching perspective. Meaning, it actually felt like failed offensive execution on both sides than it did a defensive battle. Both D coordinators did a great job. It just wasn't all that exciting to watch.

The halftime show was comically bad. I recognize that it's not for me, but normally it's at least a little entertaining. Bruno Mars did a great job, and had one of the better performances I can remember.

#12564 5 years ago

When did the NFL become about your entertainment value. Bored? Sucks to be you! Maybe try WWE.

#12565 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Bruno Mars did a great job

Define "great".

#12566 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Define "great".

Better than good.

#12567 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

When did the NFL become about your entertainment value. Bored? Sucks to be you! Maybe try WWE.

The NFL is an entertainment franchise, not much different than the WWE. What sort of sanctimonious role do you think the NFL should play in our lives?

#12568 5 years ago

The NFL is an entertainment franchise, not much different than the WWE. What sort of sanctimonious role do you think the NFL should play in our lives?

I guess next year they’ll have to script higher scores.

#12569 5 years ago

How about scripting a better band? AC/DC or Metallica?

#12570 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

538 yards against the same exact team. And walked away with the ring.

LOL the same team there was no Julian Edelmen and gronk got a concussion the game before the SB

#12571 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL the same team there was no Julian Edelmen and gronk got a concussion the game before the SB

We saw Gronk play defense once this year, I don't think he would have made much difference.

#12572 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Whatever dude. Last year was a fucking shootout, and Birds won the contest. And with the game coming down to a strip on Brady by Brandon Graham on the Pats two minute drill that they usually pull off, that’s friggin entertainment. Nailbiting at its finest.

That was a game to watch. Last nights game? I get more excitement watching Jeopardy with my grandmother.

#12573 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Greatest living American wins another.

Trump that!

#12574 5 years ago

The XFL is coming in 2020 thank God! No kneeling, no players with a criminal background and no overpaid babies. Just good old fashioned football hopefully..

#12576 5 years ago

Announcing drains and ignores is a violation of pinside rules.....just sayin.

#12577 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Announcing drains and ignores is a violation of pinside rules.....just sayin.

Did not know that. Disregard the ignore comment everybody.

#12578 5 years ago

Man things are getting testy around here.

Look it’s been an emotional weekend for all of us.

All I know is that your team cheats dot com.

#12579 5 years ago

I bet Brady gets a lifetime supply of Kraft Mac ‘n Cheese now that he won. Had he lost he would’ve gotten two lifetime supplies of it. And where the hell was the shot of Gisele Bundchen excitedly jumping up and down at the end of the game, instead I get to watch Tom Brady frenching the Pats owner.

#12582 5 years ago

Yeah. Let’s get back on topic and continue talking about how great the New England Patriots are.

#12584 5 years ago

I don’t get what’s going on here.

I think we are all mature enough to have fun here without dragging stupid NFL beefs elsewhere into the forum.

Let ‘em play refs!!!

#12585 5 years ago

I’m looking forward to next year..talking about drama, what happens to A. Brown and L. Bell and the Steelers? Do the Texans improve from this year? I can’t wait to see the changes my chiefs do in the offseason/draft. I strongly believe that #12 will be knocked off his perch next year..there’s gonna be a new sheriff in town...

#12586 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Yeah. Let’s get back on topic and continue talking about how great the New England Patriots are.

#12587 5 years ago

So is this the new XFL? Honestly not sure, but I'll watch. I like the idea of operating off season. Smart to have a more complimentary relationship with the NFL.

Screenshot_20190204-202459_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190204-202459_Chrome (resized).jpg
#12588 5 years ago

So is this the new XFL? Honestly not sure, but I'll watch. I like the idea of operating off season. Smart to have a more complimentary relationship with the NFL. [quoted image]

I thought they said it was starting in 2020. Its gonna start out with 8 teams. The old XFL they played the games on Saturday night, i hope they dont make that mistake again. I would like to see the games on Sunday afternoon because people are generally out and about in Saturday evenings. Right now though is the perfect timing for the XFL to be successful. People are sick of the kneelers and fed up with all of the BS rules of the NFL. This could work, i hope people are willing to give it a chance.

#12589 5 years ago

Charlie Ebersol has a football league starting soon. It will be competing with McMahon’s XFL which comes next year.

Will be surprising to me if either has long term success... but networks have such a hard on for live programming now.

I think Vince’s league has a better TV deal but Embersol is getting out there first.

#12590 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Awesome. Well said.

Skins-Broncos XXII 42-10 was worse.
Pats-Bears XX 46-10 was worse.
49ers-Broncos XXIV 55-10 was worse.

Lots of scoring but no competition in those.

At least the Pats and Rams in LIII were somewhat competitively bad, but yeah it was not an exciting game. Around here we said that the AFC Championship win was our Super Bowl, like the Red Sox ALCS win in 2004 was our World Series even though both of those teams won their final championships. Both league championship wins were fantastic, all time memorable wins.

#12591 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Charlie Ebersol has a football league starting soon. It will be competing with McMahon’s XFL which comes next year.
Will be surprising to me if either has long term success... but networks have such a hard on for live programming now.
I think Vince’s league has a better TV deal but Embersol is getting out there first.

Nobody gave the XFL much of a look back the first time they tried it but the NFL was great back then. Things have changed now unfortunately and people are wanting to see good football again. I know a lot of people dont want to hear this but the truth is a lot of poeople are sick of the way the NFL is right now. They are tired of these overpaid athletes, they are tired of the politics in sports and the NFL has ruined itself by all of the rules to protect the quarterbacks and even other players. I love that these guys are not going to be paid stupid money and the fact that they can make more money based on how they perform. Whats not to like about that?

#12592 5 years ago

Why would I care how much the players are being paid in the NFL? If I want to watch inferior athletes being exploited for the financial gain of others there’s already college football.

#12593 5 years ago

I think doing it in Spring is a big step in the right direction. The first time you'll be able to see your team even on the field with another team is in August. The next NFL landmark is FA. Then the Draft. Both of those things are great, I like them, but they're just non-sense speculation for the most part.

I think a league that knows that it's role is as a developmental partner could do very well. I'm certainly interested, especially for Saturday night games!

#12594 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Why would I care how much the players are being paid in the NFL? If I want to watch inferior athletes being exploited for the financial gain of others there’s already college football.

You dont have to care at all how much they are being paid. I just personally believe that a big percentage of these guys lose their passion for the game and dont play as hard once they start making millions of dollars. Thats just my opinion. I believe a player that gets paid based on how he performs will play harder and try to reach certain goals to make more money. Incentive based contracts are great for athletes.

#12595 5 years ago

I liked the XFL and was disappointed that it only lasted one season. I hope the new one is worth watching, so the football season can be extended. Lets hope they correct some of the things that contributed to the last one failing.

#12596 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I liked the XFL and was disappointed that it only lasted one season. I hope the new one is worth watching, so the football season can be extended. Lets hope they correct some of the things that contributed to the last one failing.

Yeah, the NFL and ESPN put a full on press to discredit it. Was fun while it lasted.

#12597 5 years ago

Warning. Haters tears coming...

Dynasty (resized).pngDynasty (resized).png
#12598 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Warning. Haters tears coming...
[quoted image]

I think that shows just how hard it is to get to a SB for typical QB. One more appearance and TB will have been to the SB 2x more than any other QB. Rodgers, Ryan and Breese have been one time and Rivers not once.

I’m sure it helps to be in a division with Jets, Bills and dolphins, that explains how they win every division title but they still have to win the AFC playoffs.

Plus Brady has done it with a wide variety of different support players and arguable never once with the best RB or WR (except one time with Randy Moss).

A3FE7954-2496-4CAA-AD05-A1683609BF62 (resized).jpegA3FE7954-2496-4CAA-AD05-A1683609BF62 (resized).jpeg

#12599 5 years ago

I was a little sorry the Rams didn’t anything special like fake punt or going on 4th down or wildcat pass to QB or anything that was outside of a typical run/pass play.

#12600 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Will they ever give up on this stuff?

It's a waste of time. Nobody wants to watch sub-collegiate pro football.

The nostalgia for the XFL is insane. It was absolutely embarrassing and unwatchable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/252 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.