pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 1,514.
#12451 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

What is the preferred nomenclature? At some point, knobbed apparently became pegged. Doesn't make any difference physically. But still, I would prefer to "ride the elevator" with Tom Coughln rather than go through a pegging or "knobbing" as dirtbag has done.

I once was in an elevator with a bunch of Orioles including Mike Mussina during Spring Training. And right as the big "stolen valor" scandal was breaking I was in an elevator with Brian Williams when I went to visit my girlfriend at work at Rock Center.

Anybody else ever been in an elevator with anybody famous? Did they knob you, whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean?

Come on let's hear your stories! We still got a week to kill till the Super Bowl so tell us about your love in an elevator!

#12452 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on let's hear your stories! so tell us about your love in an elevator!

I’m suddenly wanting to add an Aerosmith pin to the line up...

#12453 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

If that happened to me, my phone would have been acid washed by noon.

Things people do because they clearly have nothing to hide...

Now I see why Pats fans think what their team does is ok.

#12454 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’m suddenly wanting to add an Aerosmith pin to the line up...

Oh! Good morning Mr. Coughlin....going...down?

#12455 5 years ago

Growing up Pete Rose was our reginal batting instructor for my B and A league knothole team. We regularly were around all the Big Red machine players and played charity basketball with them every year from 1970 until 1973 when I graduated. Let me tell you George Foster and Davey Conception were damn good BB players but, alas Bench sucked but gave his time freely and was a fantastic guy!

#12456 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh! Good morning Mr. Coughlin....going...down?

Ohhhhhh I see what you did there, brutal!

PS did he cough or choke?????

#12457 5 years ago

Was the elevator music playing Big Ten Inch?

#12458 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Things people do because they clearly have nothing to hide...
Now I see why Pats fans think what their team does is ok.

I wasn't involved in the scandal, and I have plenty to hide. Do you really want to know what I text my girlfreind or worse, my wife? It was obviously a hatchet job, so of course he wasn't going to turn in his phone. And he paid the penalty of that. And then he just went out and won another Super Bowl.

Now, let's say he did turn in his phone. He still would have had the penalty because that had turned into a pissing contest. The NFL was trying to prove it had the right to do anything it wanted without evidence. And the court rulings said they did. So they did that. If he had turned it in, I'd know the entire contents of his phone now because the NFL was still trying to embarrass him because he kept winning. This wasn't a criminal case, and if it was the prosecutor would have been fired. In those circumstances he was 100% within his rights to destroy the phone and pay his penalty for that. Which is what happened. The highest penalty ever paid by a team, and they still keep winning.

And our team isn't ok... they are the best team in the NFL. Have a look at the record as we travel down to Atlanta for another Super Bowl

#12459 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I hear NASCAR is not only considering integrating, but allowing women to compete as well.

Women have been competing in Nascar since the 70’s lol.

#12460 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Do you really want to know what I text my girlfreind or worse, my wife?

I don't know about this type of thing as it isn't a *crime* as defined under criminal law I think; however, in true criminal cases they would not need his phone they could get all his text from his carrier. Once you text it never disappears and can be accessed. My best friends daughter was accosted by some slimbag Bast@*! and they got his text to her without his phone or consent. He's now serving 10yrs. and deservedly so. Hope that me and my buddy are still around to welcome him home...…...

#12461 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

in true criminal cases they would not need his phone they could get all his text from his carrier. Once you text it never disappears and can be accessed.

You're on notice, DaveH ...

#12462 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And our team isn't ok... they are the best team in the NFL. Have a look at the record as we travel down to Atlanta for another Super Bowl

Given you want to put everything in legal context, I didn’t say “your team was OK”, I said you agreeing that destroying evidence is acceptable and what your “team does is OK” speaks to the fan base. Meaning all the cheating and miscellaneous “things” they’ve done to help themselves win over the last several years. And that’s only what we know about. I can only imagine what else they’ve done.

The reality is the Pats are an excellent team. Nobody can deny that.

Which is why I really don’t understand why they’ve resorted to cheating when they have, as if they had to resort to such behavior for any type of advantage.

You can’t blame other fans for pointing out what they’ve done, when they are the morons that did it in the first place when they didn’t even have to. They themselves have tarnished their reputation and placed the ?’s next to some of their SB victories or seasons.

All I know is I would rather have my team have a dynasty like you do, and all those achievements and victories without ?’s even mentioned. The Patriots will forever be mentioned as the greatest dynasty in the last 20 years, with references to cheating intermingled. Sad.

And only a Pats fan would put references to texting both their wife and girlfriend in a public forum. Looks like you may be destroying your cell phone and Pinside account one day...or writing your wife a much bigger check than you had anticipated.

#12463 5 years ago

The Pats are a true dynasty and well......THAT'S WHY I HATE THE BAS@#*!s

#12464 5 years ago
E1141A8D-5E6B-44C7-B2C0-2A323D5C0D91 (resized).jpegE1141A8D-5E6B-44C7-B2C0-2A323D5C0D91 (resized).jpeg
#12465 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I have never even been to a football game before. Not many people get to be exposed to the sport like they would if a family member played the game. I am not big on the pro bowl, but you got to be there, and that must have been a great time. Probably way better than watching it on TV.
Dirtbag66, if I ever met you in person, I would not mind hearing about some of your experiences and stories. You probably have a lot of inside info that I would find interesting.
As for being an extra in a movie, I have always wanted to be in a movie, just to see what it would be like on set. So that means that I am envious that you got to do that. And as for the Playboy cover girl, I hate you. LOL. No I don't. just jealous.

Good times.

Original-Playboy-Magazine-March-1996-OJ-Juror-Tracy (resized).jpgOriginal-Playboy-Magazine-March-1996-OJ-Juror-Tracy (resized).jpg
#12466 5 years ago

As for "good NFL stories" from my brother, the best one by far was when he knocked out his own starting QB in our just for fun fantasy league (couldn't put any money on it for obvious reasons). He gave Steve Young a concussion and that was who he had started that week!

I also remember giving "Big Cat" Williams a Mortal Kombat move list. He was complaining to my brother that he didn't know how to play it, so naturally he called me up and had me make a list of all the characters' moves.

#12467 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Good times.
[quoted image]

Yup. I hate you. LOL.

#12468 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I also remember giving "Big Cat" Williams a Mortal Kombat move list. He was complaining to my brother that he didn't know how to play it, so naturally he called me up and had me make a list of all the characters' moves.

What I find interesting is that a lot of athletes or celebrities seem untouchable, but there is always someone though who knows them in a different way. Helping someone who just happens to be a football player with video games, is perfectly normal to some people. I would not have minded having connections like that. Unfortunately, I would probably end up being nosy, and wanting to find out all sorts of things about the game that the general public might not be aware of.

#12469 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

[quoted image]

www.yourteamcheats.com

#12471 5 years ago

In my experience, people who talk about that all the time are actually overcompensating, likely with latent homosexual tendencies.

So please continue regaling us with tales of all the times being your brother's brother got you laid.

#12472 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In my experience, people who talk about that all the time are actually overcompensating, likely with latent homosexual tendencies.
So tell us more about all the times being your brother's brother got you laid.

"All the time"? I brought it up once in here. Keep trying.

And I actually met her on my own, actually. It was after he was out of the league. Good times. Times you will probably never experience, unfortunately.

#12473 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

And only a Pats fan would put references to texting both their wife and girlfriend in a public forum. Looks like you may be destroying your cell phone and Pinside account one day...or writing your wife a much bigger check than you had anticipated.

Nah, I have too much fun here

Besides, I left off the prefix "ex" in front of wife. I've already written all the checks I needed to. Why is divorce so expensive? Because it's worth it.

Go Pats!

#12474 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

And I actually met her on my own, actually.

Actually though?

#12475 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Actually though?

Oh yeah, actually. It was amazing. You should try it sometime.

#12476 5 years ago

So after much rumination, I have decided I will cheer for the Pats this time. I think this is a first for me.

The Rams have a lot of big names, and probably the most stacked roster in the league, but I just hardly ever watch them. If Gurley is limited or out then I can't get behind them just yet.

The non-PI also makes it hard to get behind this run, but to their credit they did do what it takes to win the game after that, and the Saints did not.

So yeah, I guess I'm a Pats fan? Stay tuned for next week's post, where I argue the misunderstood and underappreciated natures of Lord Voldemort, Skeletor, and Anton Chigurh

#12477 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

So after much rumination, I have decided I will cheer for the Pats this time. I think this is a first for me.
The Rams have a lot of big names, and probably the most stacked roster in the league, but I just hardly ever watch them. If Gurley is limited or out then I can't get behind them just yet.
The non-PI also makes it hard to get behind this run, but to their credit they did do what it takes to win the game after that, and the Saints did not.
So yeah, I guess I'm a Pats fan? Stay tuned for next week's post, where I argue the misunderstood and underappreciated natures of Lord Voldemort, Skeletor, and Anton Chigurh

I'm backing the Rams cause like everyone else i hate the pats and their obnoxious fans, and I'd love to see McVay win a ring as he's part of the Redskins family. And because him winning one will enrage and depress Dan Snyder, perhaps to the point of suicide.

I've also always like those Rams helmets. Patriots lost me when they got rid of the colonial dude hiking a football.

#12478 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And because him winning one will enrage and depress Dan Snyder, perhaps to the point of suicide.

And the sad part is you probably 100% mean that.

#12479 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've also always like those Rams helmets. Patriots lost me when they got rid of the colonial dude hiking a football.

I'm not much for yellow, but those white and blue unis are slick.

I liked the old Pats colors with all the white and red, but not so much the Paul Revere center.

#12480 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And right as the big "stolen valor" scandal was breaking I was in an elevator with Brian Williams when I went to visit my girlfriend at work at Rock Center.

See, I believed your story right up until the point you said you were visiting your girlfriend.

#12481 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

See, I believed your story right up until the point you said you were visiting your girlfriend.

His girlfriend "Doug".

#12482 5 years ago

Can you guys take your beta male pissing contests, accusations of homosexuality, incredible elavator stories, and ambiguous supermodel euphemisms to PM?

A packers blunder to share, apparently Mark Murphy thought it was a good idea to let all other candidates they didnt get the job, before making sure LaFleur wanted it. Murphy is a dope.

Like most everyone, I'll be pulling for the Rams, but I doubt they pull it off.

#12483 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

His girlfriend "Doug".

Lola......L O L A ......Lola

Remember that song by The Kinks?

#12484 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

A packers blunder to share, apparently Mark Murphy thought it was a good idea to let all other candidates they didnt get the job, before making sure LaFleur wanted it. Murphy is a dope.

LaFleur seems like a good guy and I hope it works out for GB fans. I wasn't a fan of his one-year run as OC, but he sounds sharp and he's very young.

There was some debate among the six of us Titans fans if some of the bizarre offensive plays weren't actually called by Mike Vrabel. We did not reach a consensus. Particularly the 2-pt play at the end of the Chargers game in London was an affront to anyone with an appreciation for competency.

#12485 5 years ago

I'm nervous. He does seem like a nice guy and sharp, but I'm not sure he has the personality to hold a room. I'm also really tired of watching our homerun or bust offense.

The young guys with the those types of offenses are obviously big right now, but if it's up to me, I'm trying my best to replicate what the Pats do. Run high percentage plays, get the ball out quick, and get every 1st down on your way to the endzone.

#12486 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'm nervous. He does seem like a nice guy and sharp, but I'm not sure he has the personality to hold a room. I'm also really tired of watching our homerun or bust offense.
The young guys with the those types of offenses are obviously big right now, but if it's up to me, I'm trying my best to replicate what the Pats do. Run high percentage plays, get the ball out quick, and get every 1st down on your way to the endzone.

Assuming he's running the offense there, I don't think you have to worry about homerun or bust. By the 2nd half of the season his offense was able to move the chains.

One of my big issues with his offense was in a league designed for quick passing he completely refused to run slants of any kind. There were some screens but they were slow in the making, and relied on the receiver making a remarkable juke immediately after the catch. Really all the passing plays took a long time to develop. With a fragile, limited qb this did not work out. Rodgers is much better and will likely succeed.

The Titans also switched from a power-man blocking scheme to zone-blocking during his run. That was an abject failure! To be fair I'm not sure if that was his thing, or Vrabel's.

#12487 5 years ago

L.A. Rams' first male cheerleader.......
190128122322-napoleon-jinnes-male-cheerleader-rams-super-tease (resized).jpg190128122322-napoleon-jinnes-male-cheerleader-rams-super-tease (resized).jpg

#12488 5 years ago

Oh boy, put Odin in a Rams uniform, you are a brave man sir!

Ps I'm a Bengal fan so I hate everyone!!!!

1475491111785 (resized).jpg1475491111785 (resized).jpg
#12489 5 years ago

If anybody wants a bet that is a lock, I’m throwing at least $100 that sore loser ass Brady doesn’t shake Goff’s hand if the Rams win. Just like he stiffed Foles last year.

#12490 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

If anybody wants a bet that is a lock, I’m throwing at least $100 that sore loser ass Brady doesn’t shake Goff’s hand if the Rams win. Just like he stiffed Foles last year.

And just like last year I will say that there is no excuse for that.

#12491 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Ps I'm a Bengal fan so I hate everyone!!!!

But yourself the most

#12492 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But yourself the most

That's what my therapist said too.

#12493 5 years ago

Too funny to not share.

51010771_10215266699153843_6727418648245305344_n (resized).jpg51010771_10215266699153843_6727418648245305344_n (resized).jpg
#12494 5 years ago

Nice to see a HOF class not stacked with QBs and WRs!

#12495 5 years ago

OK....how aboot 27-24 Pats.

#12496 5 years ago
FB_IMG_1549227604898 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1549227604898 (resized).jpg
#12497 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

OK....how aboot 27-24 Pats.

I’ll take 27-24 Rams.

#12498 5 years ago

www.yourteamcheats.com

#12499 5 years ago

Never seen one of these for any of the other 31 teams in the league. Interesting.

FB_IMG_1549227604898 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1549227604898 (resized).jpg
#12500 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Never seen one of these for any of the other 31 teams in the league. Interesting.
[quoted image]

www.yourteamcheats.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/250 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.