pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 1,514.
#12401 5 years ago

Does anybody else think having the pro bowl before the SB is frickin dumb?

#12402 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Does anybody else think having the pro bowl before the SB is frickin dumb?

It’s one of the dumbest events in sports so it really doesn’t matter when they hold it.

They probably should
Stop doing it altogether.

#12403 5 years ago

Can't we all agree that the Lombardi trophy be renamed the Belichick trophy? I mean he does have 7 going on 8 rings and 11 appearances. Lombardi only had two Super Bowl victories and 3 pre SB. I think we should all get together and appeal to Roger Goodell.

#12404 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Can't we all agree that the Lombardi trophy be renamed the Belichick trophy? I mean he does have 7 going on 8 rings and 11 appearances. Lombardi only had two Super Bowl victories and 3 pre SB. I think we should all get together and appeal to Roger Goodell.

That's ridiculous. Brush up on your history. It's not just because of the accomplishments on the field, but because of the class and effort he exemplified. There are few more important figures in all of sports.

#12405 5 years ago

They ruined the Pro Bowl years ago, nothing more than a dog and pony show and as of late a poor one at that. I agree with Levi they should really just hand out the honors of being selected and call it a day on any game.

#12406 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s one of the dumbest events in sports so it really doesn’t matter when they hold it.
They probably should
Stop doing it altogether.

Wasn't dumb when I went to watch my brother play in '97. Saw Junior Seau kill a jellyfish, rode the elevator with Tom Coughlin, and then there was Ricky Watters' girlfriend. Yowzers.

#12407 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Anyway, same spiel diff'rent year for the pro Bowl. The whole point of it is a silly meaningless methadone game after the season is over to look back and curb the cravings. Moving it in front of the SB as always the dumbest idea.

Quoted from Rondogg:

Can't we all agree that the Lombardi trophy be renamed the Belichick trophy?

If he dies of cancer they should; They obviously cant do it whilst he's still alive.

#12408 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If he dies of cancer they should; They obviously cant do it whilst he's still alive.

Well longevity, dealing with salary caps and free agency should count for something. And I hear BB is a pretty good father!

#12409 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I’ll meet you halfway. The NFL can have a second one called the Pats-players-smash-cell-phones-to-destroy-evidence Trophy, or Evidence Spoliation Trophy. We can certainly refer to it as “The Belichick” or “The Brady” if you want.

I predict The Goff is going to win the trophy; replace “The Hoff”; and the 600 play Baywatch thread will be resurrected.

#12410 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Wasn't dumb when I went to watch my brother play in '97. Saw Junior Seau kill a jellyfish, rode the elevator with Tom Coughlin, and then there was Ricky Watters' girlfriend. Yowzers.

Riding the elevator with Tom Coughlin has always been a dream of mine.

#12411 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It was fun chatting with him for a minute or two. Keep dreaming, though. I'm sure you'll get a chance someday.

#12412 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Is that a euphemism?

#12413 5 years ago

I think you missed my point.

#12414 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is that a euphemism?

I'm not sure. God, I hope not.
I feel so ashamed.

#12415 5 years ago

Can't we all agree that the Lombardi trophy be renamed the Belichick trophy? I mean he does have 7 going on 8 rings and 11 appearances. Lombardi only had two Super Bowl victories and 3 pre SB. I think we should all get together and appeal to Roger Goodell.</blockquote

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg
#12416 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Even Bill himself - a lifelong student of the game and it’s history - would likely call you an idiot for making that suggestion.

This week has really laid bare how miserable and insecure so many Patriots fans are.

Trust me, if I was a fan of a team who makes the super bowl every year, I wouldn’t spend this week whining about how my team gets no respect, posting memes about how all the “Brady haters can suck a D,” and making moronic suggestions about renaming an iconic trophy.

Why are pats fans so miserable and petty? You’d think they’d be pretty happy campers.

Are you seriously so sick of winning that your primary motivation for being a patriots
fan is to annoy strangers?

#12417 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Wow. Color me impressed.

Hey did I ever tell you about the time I got on stage with Janes Additiction or partied backstage with Guns n Roses?

Also, one time, I saw a blimp!!!

#12418 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Save that shit for your resume.. #lifegoals

#12419 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why are pats fans so miserable and petty? You’d think they’d be pretty happy campers.

I’ve often wondered this myself.

I will say though that the saltiness that will emanate from Boston when this crazy run they’re on is finally over and the Patriots revert to the mean is going to be a lot of fun for the rest of the NFL to watch.

#12420 5 years ago

Every Patriots fan

Wildside_Marky_Mark_Funky_Bunch_US_cassette_single (resized).jpgWildside_Marky_Mark_Funky_Bunch_US_cassette_single (resized).jpg
#12421 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey did I ever tell you about the time I got on stage with Janes Additiction or partied backstage with Guns n Roses?

Cool. I was an extra in the Dark Knight and got knobbed by a Playboy cover girl. We all have our little victories, right?

#12423 5 years ago

Funny, but will probably be taken down.

#12424 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I’ve often wondered this myself.
I will say though that the saltiness that will emanate from Boston when this crazy run they’re on is finally over and the Patriots revert to the mean is going to be a lot of fun for the rest of the NFL to watch.

Well We’ve all been waiting for 10 years.

Another 5 maybe?

#12425 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Cool. I was an extra in the Dark Knight and got knobbed by a Playboy cover girl. We all have our little victories, right?

Sorry less impressive than your hanging out with your brother stories. But keep ‘em Comin!

#12426 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

and got knobbed by a Playboy cover girl. We all have our little victories, right?

What kind of Knob was it? Are we talking door knob? Was it one of those really big old medieval looking ones? Sounds painful regardless of whether it was a cover girl or Bubba from D-block who knobbed you.
Did it feel like "a little victory"?

#12427 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

What kind of Knob was it? Are we talking door knob? Was it one of those really big old medieval looking ones? Sounds painful regardless of whether it was a cover girl or Bubba from D-block who knobbed you.

The French call the orgasm the “little death.”

Maybe dirtbag is French?

#12428 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You have so much to learn my young Padawan...

#12429 5 years ago
03E0E159-64AA-4108-969A-BBE3DF9BF202 (resized).jpeg03E0E159-64AA-4108-969A-BBE3DF9BF202 (resized).jpeg
#12430 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Trust me, if I was a fan of a team who makes the super bowl every year, I wouldn’t spend this week whining about how my team gets no respect, posting memes about how all the “Brady haters can suck a D,” and making moronic suggestions about renaming an iconic trophy.

Sadly (for you) you will never know what it means to be the lead dog for two decades in a row. Not as easy as it looks.

But it sure feels good, every day of the week!

#12431 5 years ago

I am a Patriots fan and never get in anyone’s face about beating their team - ever.

I was on the other side with the losses for a long time with the Sox and Pats and know the gut wrenching let downs and pain coming from losses. I don’t want to add on to anyone’s pain. Heck I live in ATL and after the Falcons meltdown I didn’t wear anything Patriots until I broke out my Pats sweatshirt a week ago. That was a brutal loss for the Falcons fans and I didn’t want to remind them of it. So I didn’t.

#12432 5 years ago

Well, at least we can all agree that the Pro Bowl has become the most irrelevant and joke of a major sporting event on the planet. They are just hanging out, playing a game of touch football and high-fiving each other all afternoon. I remember when the Pro Bowl meant something and was an actual game.

It would be more interesting and fun to watch a 3-hour broadcast of all the NFL players just hanging out and partying with cocaine and strippers. Or in other words...just be able to watch the actual after party.

#12433 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’ll meet you halfway. The NFL can have a second one called the Pats-players-smash-cell-phones-to-destroy-evidence Trophy, or Evidence Spoliation Trophy. We can certainly refer to it as “The Belichick” or “The Brady” if you want.
I predict The Goff is going to win the trophy; replace “The Hoff”; and the 600 play Baywatch thread will be resurrected.

I’m going to take exception to this one. All his Patriot emails were released publicly. If that happened to me, my phone would have been acid washed by noon. Anything the NFL got off that phone would have been released by them. I already know about his pool cover. I don’t need to hear his nicknames for his wife. The NFL was the untrustworthy group there.

#12434 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Sadly (for you) you will never know what it means to be the lead dog for two decades in a row. Not as easy as it looks.
But it sure feels good, every day of the week!

You're right, it's not as easy as it looks. I can only imagine the hardships and sacrifices you have gone through to get to this point you have risen to today. With all your hard work and sacrifice, it has got to feel great, not just good, every day of the week.

Edit: sorry, I forgot to ask. What position do you play in the Patriots lineup? Are you a starter? Hey, if you're a reserve, don't be afraid to mention it. You still got all my respect. You guys contribute just the same in practice to get the starters ready for the big game.

#12435 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You're right, it's not as easy as it looks. I can only imagine the hardships and sacrifices you have gone through to get to this point you have risen to today. With all your hard work and sacrifice, it has got to feel great, not just good, every day of the week.

Thank you. I survive on the sweet tears of the Haters. And free room and board inside their heads is nothing to sneeze at either!

"We're still here." - TB12 1/27/19

#12436 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Well, at least we can all agree that the Pro Bowl has become the most irrelevant and joke of a major sporting event on the planet. They are just hanging out, playing a game of touch football and high-fiving each other all afternoon. I remember when the Pro Bowl meant something and was an actual game.
It would be more interesting and fun to watch a 3-hour broadcast of all the NFL players just hanging out and partying with cocaine and strippers. Or in other words...just be able to watch the actual after party.

A buddy of mine was telling me about the no tackling in the pro bowl and i laughed cause i thought he was joking. Then he kept insisting that he was serious and i called him a liar. I then went on youtube and seen the highlights..

Honestly, i dont even know what to say. The NFL has became the biggest f*cking joke that i have ever seen in my life. It has literally went from being the best sport to the worst in a matter of like 3 years. What a f'ing joke÷

#12437 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The NFL has became the biggest f*cking joke that i have ever seen in my life. It has literally went from being the best sport to the worst in a matter of like 3 years. What a f'ing joke÷

Absolutely the truth! The NFL has went from being the greatest sports spectacle ever devised to what it is now, damn near an American embarrassment for those who play and watch the game. I used to laugh at the Rugby players who claimed their sport was tougher, more exciting, and played at a higher level than the NFL...….not so damn funny to me now.

#12438 5 years ago

I am a Patriots fan, and I think the Lombardi Trophy should forever be named the Lombardi Trophy. Wanting to change the name would be ridiculous.

I am a happy camper when the Patriots win, but I was much happier when the Sox finally beat the curse. My heart was pounding so hard at the end of that game, its a miracle that I did not break my own ribs. I also was a lot happier when the Bruins won the cup in 2011. I would like to see the Celtics win, but I feel that it is going to be the Cavs and the Warriors again. Those two teams are having quite a run. I never throw it in someone's face when my team wins, because I know how hard it is when your teams falls short. For example, Grady Little does not pull Pedro off the mound after 113 pitches, and he ends up giving Aaron freakin Boone a walk off home run. I was so mad at the end of that game, its a miracle I did not break Grady Little's ribs.

I have not watched the pro bowl in years. I do not plan on watching it this year. Next year does not look good either, or ever, for that matter.

I started losing a lot of respect for the NFL in past years and it has turned into a joke. The whole taking a knee thing, to me, was a disgrace.

#12439 5 years ago

Yeah, the pro bowl is bad, but it was at its lowest point the couple years prior to this one. Remember when they had Deion and rice (?) Drafting teams rather than it being AFC and NFC? That was stupid.

The game also never should have moved from Hawaii. The shots in and out of commercial were at least nice to see for a guy like me covered in snow. And any argument about logistics can be thrown out as long as they have a stupid game in London every year.

The skills challenge is better than the game. They should just leave it at that.

#12440 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I have never even been to a football game before. Not many people get to be exposed to the sport like they would if a family member played the game. I am not big on the pro bowl, but you got to be there, and that must have been a great time. Probably way better than watching it on TV.
Dirtbag66, if I ever met you in person, I would not mind hearing about some of your experiences and stories. You probably have a lot of inside info that I would find interesting.

As for being an extra in a movie, I have always wanted to be in a movie, just to see what it would be like on set. So that means that I am envious that you got to do that. And as for the Playboy cover girl, I hate you. LOL. No I don't. just jealous.

#12441 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I am a Patriots fan.
I would like to see the Celtics win, but I feel that it is going to be the Cavs and the Warriors again.

I agree with you. You seem like a big sports fan. Go home, Team!
If I were you, I'd put money on the Cavs. They're basically the same team as last years finalists, minus one insignificant player.

As far as the kneeling goes, yep. The only time that a football player should kneel is to express his disapproval with the way he is being treated because of some superficial physical appearance.

#12442 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I agree with you. You seem like a big sports fan. Go home, Team!
If I were you, I'd put money on the Cavs. They're basically the same team as last years finalists, minus one insignificant player.

I am not a big sports fan, but big enough where I get much too tense watching a playoff game. As much as I wanted the Celtics to win in the past few years, I honestly felt that they could not compete with the top teams. Putting money on the Cavs this year does not seem like such a bad idea...

#12443 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I am not a big sports fan, Putting money on the Cavs this year does not seem like such a bad idea...

Bahahahahahaha

#12444 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

got knobbed by a Playboy cover girl

I think the word you are looking for was "pegged"

#12445 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Drafting teams rather than it being AFC and NFC

Your correct that mess was ridiculous to say the least!!

#12446 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I started losing a lot of respect for the NFL in past years and it has turned into a joke. The whole taking a knee thing, to me, was a disgrace.

OH BOY let's bring this pointless and endless argument back!

Thanks man! I was sick of not talking about this!

I kind of wish all the people who threatened to go away and never think about the NFL again had left and gone away instead of hanging around to remind us of this every few months.

#12447 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

OH BOY let's bring this pointless and endless argument back!
Thanks man! I was sick of not talking about this!

Sorry. I probably should not have mentioned it, but that did bother me.

#12448 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think the word you are looking for was "pegged"

What is the preferred nomenclature? At some point, knobbed apparently became pegged. Doesn't make any difference physically. But still, I would prefer to "ride the elevator" with Tom Coughln rather than go through a pegging or "knobbing" as dirtbag has done.

#12449 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

And the NFL is devastated to lose you as a fan. An old white fart who is considering betting on the Cavs. You better place that bet soon, before they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
I hear NASCAR is not only considering integrating, but allowing women to compete as well.

#12450 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

And it didn't bother me at all. Thought it was great. But you don't see me bringing it up all the time.

GET OVER IT. IT WAS TWO YEARS AGO.

For the love of god. Please. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/249 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.