tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
436537586_10224867727456020_9063380137916814163_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,679 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 1,514.
#12351 5 years ago

Get real guys, the Saints should be in the superbowl, it's completely obvious.
The only thing dumber thab the whole "all blown calls are the same" is "football is wacky anything could have happened."
No. They call that Brees downs the ball the game is over. It's just that simple.
It's nothing like Ashlon Jeffrey's drop which there are a million things could have happened after; this game was over.

Now, I'm the only reason I'm bringing it up is because it was brought up I won't be shaming the rams whilst watching the SB or anything, but come on its a total hose job.

#12352 5 years ago

It was a bad call, and people naturally look to something external to place their blame. It feels better than saying "our team didn't do enough to win". But the truth is if one single call, no matter how egregious, can make the difference in the game, then you really didn't do enough to win.

The Saints had the game in hand. It didn't even look like it was going to be a game in the first half, and the Rams managed to be down only 3 walking into the locker room at halftime.

The other reality is you get one angle slowed down every time they show this play. If it's shown from the other direction (where one ref was standing, I'm pretty sure) and at game speed, it's a lot closer. Still bad? Yes. But I really don't like the slow-mo replays when they're used exclusively. It should be there to allow you a discerning eye at what happened, but that's a benefit they don't have on the field. It's very rare to see a replay in full speed these days.

It's so hard to find a video of anything other than the slowed down replay we've all seen a million times, that I had to find this awful video to show the original play:

#12353 5 years ago

You guys all have valid points. Its too bad that it happened, but nothing can change that now.

#12354 5 years ago

Give me a break Deacon, that's such a garbagy straw man argument.
This slow motion reply argument is piss poor. Did you know it was a PI before the replay? Because everyone else in the world did.
If you were looking at it from the refs angle from the licensing e of scrimmage it would be even worse, because the ball would be clearly behind the defender.

Again, I like both teams and don't bleed gold and po boys, but just call it what it is.
I hate the cowboys and they got screwed by the Dez catch... It's just obvious.

#12355 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I hate the cowboys and they got screwed by the Dez catch... It's just obvious.

What catch?

#12356 5 years ago

People here at work are saying that if we lose to the Rams its BS. The excuses are already starting, and the game has not even been played yet.

#12357 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

People here at work are saying that if we lose to the Rams its BS.

Weak sauce.

#12358 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This slow motion reply argument is piss poor. Did you know it was a PI before the replay?

I said "it looked like that one could have gone the other way". If he had played the ball instead of throwing himself at kamara, he could have put the Rams in great position to win right there. That angle does make it look worse than it was, especially when you slow it down x1000.

I already said it was a bad call. If I'm a saints fan, I'm gathering signatures and sending them to the only guy in the world that can overturn this - the bad guy from Billy Madison.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12359 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Get real guys, the Saints should be in the superbowl, it's completely obvious.
The only thing dumber thab the whole "all blown calls are the same" is "football is wacky anything could have happened."
No. They call that Brees downs the ball the game is over. It's just that simple.
It's nothing like Ashlon Jeffrey's drop which there are a million things could have happened after; this game was over.
Now, I'm the only reason I'm bringing it up is because it was brought up I won't be shaming the rams whilst watching the SB or anything, but come on its a total hose job.

Not downplaying that missed call but that ball was not going to be completed imo but forget that, the Saints let the Rams tie the game and then didn’t score in OT and let the Rams score in OT. So they had a lot of chances to win the game after that call non call.

Say whatever you may about Tom Brady he has won every OT game in the playoffs 3-0 but better yet has never relinquished a possession in OT. Meaning he knows how valuable the possession is in OT and doesn’t throw interceptions or give the ball up on downs or punts. One thing that drives me mad is when my team is in OT and they play like they’ve got a few chances so they don’t need to score.

#12360 5 years ago

Speaking of Billy Madison, seeing you guys argue the penalty reminds me of this.

#12361 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Not downplaying that missed call but that ball was not going to be completed imo ...

WTF does that have to do with anything?

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

That angle does make it look worse than it was, especially when you slow it down x1000.

So I'm asking you, when they play happened did you originally think "Hmm, that's a close one, need to see the replay" or did you say "that's PI."
You keep talking aboot the replay, none of us needed the replay or slo mo to know instantly it's a penalty.

#12362 5 years ago

“Oh, hell yeah, that was PI,” Robey-Coleman told the Washington Post. “I just know I got there before the ball got there. And I whacked his (expletive).”

This is why Robey-Coleman is my new fave player. Own that shit....awesome.

#12363 5 years ago

I thought it looked like PI, but needed to see the replay.

#12364 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

“Oh, hell yeah, that was PI,” Robey-Coleman told the Washington Post. “I just know I got there before the ball got there. And I whacked his (expletive).”
This is why Robey-Coleman is my new fave player. Own that shit....awesome.

You have to give him credit for honesty.....

#12365 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

You have to give him credit for honesty.....

It's totally old school.

#12366 5 years ago

Here is an interesting take. Goff has a face mask penalty that was not called the drive prior to the non call PI. So likely they would have had first and goal instead of kicking a FG.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001012747/article/rams-whitworth-on-nocall-vs-saints-its-an-excuse

Maybe the PI was more obvious so should have been called. But if you go to replay one play why not go look at face mask penalty also?

Plus Saints didn’t finish the game, maybe they were too upset or whatever but they allowed LA to score twice after that while being shut out themselves.

As Steve Ritchie would say “play better”

#12367 5 years ago

The old Megatron rule. Same thing happened with Jesse James in a Steelers game against the Pats last year.

#12368 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The old Megatron rule.

He's joking of course because he's a packers fan

As a Steelers fan I immediately knew James catch wouldn't count. To me it's diff'rent than Dez's catch who takes steps and then puts the ball down and then it comes out.

#12369 5 years ago

Well, since we are on the subject...

BN-GJ521_nfl011_P_20150111171249 (resized).jpgBN-GJ521_nfl011_P_20150111171249 (resized).jpg
#12370 5 years ago

Point being, a lot of teams have a bad taste in their mouth from the refs at some point. Here's one I remember.

Bottom line, our defense allowed 40+ points. Hard to blame the refs for all of them.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12371 5 years ago

The best was this one.

This was even reviewed, no cowboys near the ball and Eagles came out with the ball but no clear recovery?!?!?

You can actually see the Eagles player with the ball here.

Then Makcom Jenkins gets fined for saying the review officials should stay off the bottle.

0DE5598C-287B-4DA8-86C7-EB1BF4FBE622 (resized).jpeg0DE5598C-287B-4DA8-86C7-EB1BF4FBE622 (resized).jpeg
AE17C37C-9790-4C6A-9C8E-94174F13B13E (resized).jpegAE17C37C-9790-4C6A-9C8E-94174F13B13E (resized).jpeg

#12372 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Then Makcom Jenkins gets fined for saying the review officials should stay off the bottle.

it was a simple personal health recommendation.

#12373 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

it was a simple personal health recommendation.

At least it didn’t cost the Eagles a playoff spot in the end, Chicago cuts Vikings out of the playoffs so Bears have to play the Eagles. It worked out for the Eagles but could have cost a playoff spot and a home playoff game.

#12374 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe Colson knows better than I, but Reid is one of these guys who always has a shittyD, right? Like shanahan?
I mean, imagine if the chiefs had even an average D this season.

Reid historically does have a shitty defense. He is an offense guy, and often lets the D coach run the whole other side of the ball. Doesn’t work out.

If KC had even a “decent” defense, they would have won that game hands down.

#12375 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I do not think they are as good as they were years ago. Just my opinion.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Correct and im.not being a dick or knocking them, but they are an average team at best right now.

The Pats’ overall game is definitely deflating at this point.

#12376 5 years ago

Any comments on the point spread for the Superbowl?
Patriots r favored by 2 to 2-1/2 points.
Atlanta is closer to MA than to L.A., so will Pats hav more fans at the game, or will it b pretty even split?

#12377 5 years ago

Every Pats SB spread should be them by 3 points.

Do the Rams have fans at all anyway? It'll be worse than PIT vs SEA in XL.

#12378 5 years ago

what the heck is going on with Todd Gurley? It's like some Bizzaro world version of him lately.

#12379 5 years ago

with the refs, I don't even know what to think anymore. Sometimes I used to think well my guy was down before the fumble so I'm not worried about the actual call on the field. But then you have that Eagles fumble recovery which was reviewed and not reversed because no clear proof of recovery. (you mean like the Eagles actually coming out of the pile with the ball and further no Cowboy player within 3 yards of the ball at any time). So then I don't know maybe they just stick with the call on the field now. But then you have the Edelman muff punt which (IDK) that was really close could have gone either way to my eyes and they reversed the call.

#12380 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

But then you have the Edelman muff punt which (IDK) that was really close could have gone either way to my eyes and they reversed the call.

One thing I've been complaining aboot for a decade (that I actually saw ONCE) is not switching cams during a review. (Oh jesus he he goes again...I know)

Why did you have to watch 8 replays back to back of edelman's punt situation? Why did we all have to hear things like "well at around this time at this angle it looks like his thumb touched it, but the other angle it's too far to the left..."

The cameras are all synced, if you're looking at cam A and it kind of looks like it's touching his thumb, you can switch to cam B at the very point to see if it's actually not touching him. This wouldn't work in every case of course, but it would work in a high number of them.
Every single week we sit through diff'rent camera angles of someone fumbling. "Was his knee down there? form the other angle you can see the ball come out here but I don't know...." Just freeze it, & switch the fucking replay cam.

#12381 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

what the heck is going on with Todd Gurley? It's like some Bizzaro world version of him lately.

He's injured.

#12382 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So then I don't know maybe they just stick with the call on the field now. But then you have the Edelman muff punt which (IDK) that was really close could have gone either way to my eyes and they reversed the call.

From any one angle it could have gone either way. By looking at the multiple angles you could see they definitely got that one correct with the replay. Being such a key play it is important that they got it right.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Why did you have to watch 8 replays back to back of edelman's punt situation? Why did we all have to hear things like "well at around this time at this angle it looks like his thumb touched it, but the other angle it's too far to the left..."

Yeah would be nice to have split screen and bump it one frame at a time. In the end it worked out the same but just took longer.

#12383 5 years ago

It’s a physical game and if you leave the outcome to referees/OT then you didn’t do enough in the first place.

#12384 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

One thing I've been complaining aboot for a decade (that I actually saw ONCE) is not switching cams during a review. (Oh jesus he he goes again...I know)
The cameras are all synced, if you're looking at cam A and it kind of looks like it's touching his thumb, you can switch to cam B at the very point to see if it's actually not touching him. This wouldn't work in every case of course, but it would work in a high number of them.
Every single week we sit through diff'rent camera angles of someone fumbling. "Was his knee down there? form the other angle you can see the ball come out here but I don't know...." Just freeze it, & switch the fucking replay cam.

It will be years before anyone thinks to do something so obvious. Heck, they just recently finally placed a camera on the goal line to see if the ball crossed the plane. Remember all those replays that proved inconclusive because the funky camera angle was off.

#12385 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

From any one angle it could have gone either way. By looking at the multiple angles you could see they definitely got that one correct with the replay. Being such a key play it is important that they got it right.

See, I'm not convinced they did. I thought he touched it at the same time it bounced. It's not the frames everyone was focusing on, but I don't think there's indisputable evidence that he didn't touch it at that moment.

I think instant karma got the better of edelmann with that shot he took. That guy sucks.

#12386 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Look it sucks the call was missed but, reality is that there are calls missed damn near every play in the NFL. I know you say but those did not or do not have a direct influence on winning or losing like the one just put in the spot light. Wrong, a holding, offsides, incidental hands to face etc. all play the same role; the difference here is it occurred during an in your face moment, whereas most others generally take place away from the camera. Also before all of you start BBQing me let me state again, I think it was a very, very bad non-call but it no worse than the other thirty or more calls that are missed every game played, they just aren't in your face when they occur.
I too think the Saints were screwed but, it happened we just need to move on and hope the NFL can come up with some way to lesson the worst of these when they occur.

A missed hands to the face, a quick grab of the facemask, a holding on an inside run, is not even in the same realm as a PI and a helmet to helmet when the ball is 3 yards away, in plain view with three refs with-in 10 yards watching the whole thing with nothing blocking the view.

Make yourself feel warm inside by saying " oh, that's normal, they miss play's all the time" Anyone that knows ANYTHING about football knows that was total BS and a blind man would have called PI on that play.

#12387 5 years ago

Can we talk more about someone giving Hilton a nut-punch? ( it did win the poll by a landslide.... )That, would make me feel much better about this whole thing.

#12388 5 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Can we talk more about someone giving Hilton a nut-punch? ( it did win the poll by a landslide.... )That, would make me feel much better about this whole thing.

No derailing the Saints love train.

#12389 5 years ago

Did anyone else see the news storyline on CBS This Morning? A kid made national headlines by creating and winning a science fair all based on a sequence of things that have happened that prove the Patriots are cheaters. He put together time lines with all the incidents over the years that lead to one conclusion, cheaters.

#12390 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Did anyone else see the news storyline on CBS This Morning? A kid made national headlines by creating and winning a science fair all based on a sequence of things that have happened that prove the Patriots are cheaters. He put together time lines with all the incidents over the years that lead to one conclusion, cheaters.

Great.

Cause we all know the unflinching respect your average NFL fan has for science and the opinions of young student types.

#12391 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I remember when I was going to school, the winning science fair projects were on things like the human heart, earthquakes, fossils, you know. Stuff that actually involved science.

#12392 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I remember when I was going to school, the winning science fair projects were on things like the human heart, earthquakes, fossils, you know. Stuff that actually involved science.

Exactly what I was thinking when Gayle King was reporting it.

#12393 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

www.yourteamcheats.com

#12394 5 years ago

Cheat Harder: the story of the New England Patriots

#12395 5 years ago

are Pinside Moderators allowed to troll? Not a complaint because I think the Mods on this site are excellent, just wondering...

#12396 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

are Pinside Moderators allowed to troll? Not a complaint because I think the Mods on this site are excellent, just wondering...

Not a troll, but forgive me for taking sides.

Whiners never win: the story of the 2018 New Orleans Saints. ( It hurt for me to type that, but that was a missed call.)

#12397 5 years ago

Let's agree the Pats did bend the rules. But the fact is that Tom and Bill have won a lot even in these later years when the balls are inflated correctly etc..

Every team bends the rules.

here is a cool site where teams have documented cheating.

https://yourteamcheats.com

#12398 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My point is the Pats did bend the rules or whatnot. But the fact is that Tom and Bill have won a lot even in these later years when the balls are inflated correctly etc..
I mean everyone bends the rules.
here is a cool site where teams have documented cheating.
https://yourteamcheats.com

Filming is a no no and should have been punished. Other teams filmed to but they did not get busted.

I doubt the refs checked the balls PSI at halftime at games and if they did and the balls were off they just filled them up. Like no balls were ever above or below regulation before that Colts game? How about since? If so was the league notified and would spike a $5 million dollar investigation? Did that team that had say 2 balls below lose a 7th round draft pick because of it? 3 Balls is a 6th round pick etc....... LOL

#12399 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Great.
Cause we all know the unflinching respect your average NFL fan has for science and the opinions of young student types.

Slightly more than your average NASCAR fan I m guessing.

#12400 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Irony = NE fan questioning rules. Glad Jodester deflated that before it gained legs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,679 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/248?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.