Topic Stats

• 28,875 posts - Hot topic!
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 minutes ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,230 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

640A8DA1-D44F-443C-BE0F-D3816F6696A9.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
200 (6).gif
4C58228E-FE43-4218-A13B-1846AA481394 (resized).jpeg
20210116_182158 (resized).jpg
20210116_191858.jpg
20210116_190844.jpg
645fbab26b0d8722fc6b72c9de9cf472.gif
Screenshot_20210114-192118_Chrome (resized).jpg
tenor.gif
9ACB5E3E-8F17-48C3-A4AA-79635A1F4269 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210110-234440~2 (resized).png
2C01A9ED-E53D-41E2-B2C4-89F7DBBEAD53 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
tenor (34).gif
20210110_190411 (resized).jpg

There are 28875 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 578.
#12301 1 year ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

It must really suck cheering for a group of cheaters.

It must have been tough not for your brother when he played for Dallas.

#12302 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It's a huge whoop. Rams couldn't audible. Look at it scientifically. Sound waves are a physical thing that makes contact with the eardrum, physically interfering with players ability to perform. No different than any other physical impediment. Normally it is overlooked because it is more passive and in the guise of cheering for your team. But Sean Payton made public statements all week to the fans on when to yell and scream for the sole purpose of trying to gain a huge unfair advantage. Now how is that not cheating?

KC has the record for the loudest stadium. Didn't stop Brady from checking down on just about each play. Rams looked like unprepared fools stumbling around in the first half trying to hear each other.

#12303 1 year ago

Jesus isn't real. Yelling and screaming is.

#12304 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Right it's not a missed PI that's the issue, it's the fact it was so obvious. He just leveled the guy and the ball was still 10 feet away from him. It's not a ticky tack play that you can argue they were both hand fighting or something like that.

That’s right. What I was saying about Gronk, sure he may have pushed off but defender was all over him and Gronk didn’t level the guy just got some freedom of movement. It looks worse kind of like if Shaq was to bump into a defender it looked much worse than if two guys the same size bump into each other.

#12305 1 year ago

Quoted from mcclad:
Its a matter of being guilty of deliberately breaking the rules.
Quoted from dirtbag:
Like the Patriots, right?

Like every single team in the league. They have all been caught "deliberately breaking the rules".

#12306 1 year ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

It must really suck cheering for a group of cheaters.

Ha Ha! You sure got me there! I don't know if I will be able to recover from that one.

#12307 1 year ago

Like speeding, everyone does it. As for deflated balls I can’t see how that even effects Brady. He’s been clean for 4 years and how bad are the Pats with so-called normal balls? Also deflate gate game Pats won 45-7 I mean Brady could have been throwing basketballs and still won that game. Come on.

#12308 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Quoted from mcclad:
Its a matter of being guilty of deliberately breaking the rules.
Quoted from dirtbag:
Like the Patriots, right?
Like every single team in the league. They have all been caught "deliberately breaking the rules".

But people REFUSE to see it that way.
The Patriots broke the rules. That's cut and dry. No excuses. This coming from a NE fan.
The Patriots broke the rules. Therefore ANY victory is forever tainted. This coming from the hypocrites who can not see the wrong in their, or any other team other than New England.

#12309 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

KC has the record for the loudest stadium. Didn't stop Brady from checking down on just about each play. Rams looked like unprepared fools stumbling around in the first half trying to hear each other.

And yet they won. And I saw both games. KC crowd wasn't anywhere near as loud.

#12310 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

And I saw both games. KC crowd wasn't anywhere near as loud.

"The crowd was historically loud during the Chiefs victory over the New England Patriots, breaking the world record for crowd noise. "
That place has always been loud.

#12311 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You attended both games! That's dedication!

#12312 1 year ago

Damn I don't even think Godell was at both games!

#12313 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

You attended both games! That's dedication!

Well, I missed the beginning of the Chiefs game because the flight from New Orleans to KC had a headwind.

#12314 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

God, you are so dillusional it's almost alarming. "Crowd noise is cheating" wah wah wah wah cry baby. Get a life lol

#12315 1 year ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

God, you are so dillusional it's almost alarming. "Crowd noise is cheating" wah wah wah wah cry baby. Get a life lol

I was making a point that you clearly missed. My team won the game. I'm not crying about anything.
But if you think that sound waves cannot be used as a weapon than you are clearly the delusional one.
News flash-sound waves can kill a person.

#12316 1 year ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Argue all you want. That asterisk is never going away.

Sour grapes never go away. It’s ok man. I don’t mind you reminding of that asterisk at each Hat and T-shirt game the pats play in. I love the rule changes too. Hey, no beating up receivers. Hay, John Harbaugh doesn’t like your formations after players declare, so they are now illegal. And how many times did the refs hold up the play yesterday to give the Chiefs extra time to set up their defence? All their tears nourish Pats fans.

Except Patrick Mahomes... that kid is a player. There have been lots of quarterbacks that have come and gone, but I think he’s the real deal. I hope he keeps progressing next year.

#12317 1 year ago

I am glad that I am not in the sound, noise, cheering argument.

Quoted from DaveH:

Except Patrick Mahomes... that kid is a player. There have been lots of quarterbacks that have come and gone, but I think he’s the real deal. I hope he keeps progressing next year.

All I kept thinking about throughout yesterday's game was how dangerous that kid is. They had one hell of a second half. I think NE got lucky.

#12318 1 year ago

50536371_2029501620501980_6841248793556418560_n (resized).jpg
#12319 1 year ago
Quoted from mcclad:

They had one hell of a second half. I think NE got lucky.

NE got lucky by completely shutting the mahomes and they entire offense down. If KC was ready to play they would have had a damn good chance. Besides that one big pass, that led to no points because Mahomes ate a bad sack, didn't they have like negative yardage? Horrible.

Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I'll give him credit, all the crazy ass fans of all sports, I've never once heard that argument. Is so singularly insane beyond any measurable metric it's admirable.

#12321 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

NE got lucky by completely shutting the mahomes and they entire offense down. If KC was ready to play they would have had a damn good chance. Besides that one big pass, that led to no points because Mahomes ate a bad sack, didn't they have like negative yardage? Horrible.

I'll give him credit, all the crazy ass fans of all sports, I've never once heard that argument. Is so singularly insane beyond any measurable metric it's admirable.

I got a new angle on this one!

Throughout the Saints game, I kept hearing whistles. Clearly people in the crowd had whistles and they kept blowing them when the Rams were on offense. Plus, there's this irrefutable evidence!!!

5c44f09ddeb6eefb56000001 (resized).jpg

I was surprised it never became an issue. Well within the refs' authority to tell the crowd to stop. Isn't there some kind of "fan interference" penalty they could call on the home team?

#12322 1 year ago

Looks like a Ram fan next to him thinking "you dirty cheating bastards" !!!!

#12324 1 year ago
55813 (resized).jpeg
#12325 1 year ago

Bill Buckner thinks that the officials made a huge mistake in that Saints/Rams game...

#12326 1 year ago

For any Chiefs fans out there, Bob Sutton has been fired! 2 years to late in my opinion!

#12327 1 year ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

For any Chiefs fans out there, Bob Sutton has been fired! 2 years to late in my opinion!

Haha... The most obvious firing this year.

#12328 1 year ago

Somebody had to go. Easier than firing Reid I guess.

#12329 1 year ago

So Romo and Nance will be doing the SB. Is there a better color guy than Romo? I've never watched anyone that has the ability to explain a play at the line as well as Romo. He even gives you a key player to watch on a lot of plays. He called that run to the outside on 4th and short where Brady killed the QB sneak. The thing I kept wondering, if Romo knows that, why don't the LBs?

#12330 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Somebody had to go.

Yeah I guess the worst D coordinator in the league was good choice.

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The thing I kept wondering, if Romo knows that, why don't the LBs?

Because he's smarter, they all have CTE, and he's seeing if from videa game vantage point.

#12331 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I guess the worst D coordinator in the league was good choice.

Because he's smarter, they all have CTE, and he's seeing if from videa game vantage point.

Ha, potentially. The kill sign is visible though, and like Romo said, they basically have 2 plays they call on 4th and short. If you stack the inside they're going to kill and run at their tackle. It's hard to stop both, but if I'm the D Coordinator I'm stacking the A gap and telling the LBs to watch for a kill, and then break for the outside. I guess that's why he doesn't have a job.

#12332 1 year ago

I liked Romo but lately he's kinda sucked and reminded more of the usual scrubs.

Maybe the brass is telling him to suck more so he can be a better color guy?

#12333 1 year ago

I guess that's why he doesn't have a job.

I guess that's why just aboot everyone he's faced doesn't have a job anymore. The problem is there isn't much you can do. He has the best O-line in the league, when he wants a yard he'll get it. Knowing what they are gonna do doesn't mean you can stop it; not to mention all the other shit at game level that goes on...which none of us can even imagine unless you've played.

Ha...NYT 2015
"A Tom Brady Sneak Is the Patriots’ Unstoppable Play"

#12334 1 year ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

I’m pretty fn happy to hear about this!! Should of happened last year..let the speculation begin for a new D coordinator!!

#12335 1 year ago

They're the absolute best at high percentage plays. They're way more interested in taking the first down in front of them than trying to force something to happen down field. In doing that they also have tremendous control over the clock.

That's something the Chiefs really failed at in the end. They had 3m left, I don't recall the down, but Mahomes goes deep to Hill in the EZ in double coverage. If Hill doesn't manage to play decent defense, the game ends there. They score soon after anyway, and allow the Pats with plenty of time to move the ball down the field.

#12336 1 year ago

That's something the Chiefs really failed at in the end. They had 3m left, I don't recall the down, but Mahomes goes deep to Hill in the EZ in double coverage. If Hill doesn't manage to play decent defense, the game ends there. They score soon after anyway, and allow the Pats with plenty of time to move the ball down the field.

They failed a few times, getting the TD too early as I've already said was one.
But yeah I remember that play because it was fucking stupid, because offensive powerhouse teams are stupid by nature; as proven by the Rams KC game which was the worst coached ending to a game since...I don't know pick a lions game. You can't leave Brady with any time on the clock...that's like NFL rule #1.
I think I've seen Brady fail to win the game at the end 1 time in my life, at the end of least year SB.

#12337 1 year ago

I told myself I would not whine/bitch about the Chiefs losing. If only Dee Ford would not have drawn the penalty for the neutral zone infraction -Brady's interception would have given the Chiefs the ball at the end of regulation and they would of won. At least Sutton is gone.

#12338 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I’m pretty fn happy to hear about this!! Should of happened last year..let the speculation begin for a new D coordinator!!

Problem is all the best candidates got hired already.

#12339 1 year ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

If only Dee Ford would not have drawn the penalty for the neutral zone infraction...

The guy has 1 job to do and it's not line up offsides....and he was waaaay off. WTF.

#12340 1 year ago

Yeah he was about are far off as you can get without being on the other side.

#12341 1 year ago
IMG_20190122_153354_01 (resized).png
#12342 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Problem is all the best candidates got hired already.

I dunno bout that..there’s gotta be someone out there from the bears, ravens, or some great defensive teams that are up n coming..I’m kinda tired of the retreads/old coaches. This league is a lil different now in some ways..eagles took Patterson, bears got Nagy. Time for the chiefs to consider all potential suitors. Sutton showed no fn passion..show me a coach that does n will motivate my D n put a fn fire in their eyes!!!

#12343 1 year ago

The Patriots don't even have a DC. It can be done. In 2010 they didn't have an Offensive OR a Defensive Coordinator, they finished 14-2. They had other years without one or the other as well. I'm just saying, leadership comes from the top.

#12344 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

The Patriots don't even have a DC.

Somewhat misleading as Bellicheck has always been the D coach.
I mean I agree that it comes form the top and quite frankly Reid should have fired the guy long ago.

#12345 1 year ago

Maybe Colson knows better than I, but Reid is one of these guys who always has a shittyD, right? Like shanahan?

I mean, imagine if the chiefs had even an average D this season.

#12346 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe Colson knows better than I, but Reid is one of these guys who always has a shittyD, right? Like shanahan?
I mean, imagine if the chiefs had even an average D this season.

If the Chiefs get a good young DC and has a couple of offseason acquisitions/good D draft picks then undefeated is not out of the question barring injury.

#12347 1 year ago

So Romo and Nance will be doing the SB. Is there a better color guy than Romo? I've never watched anyone that has the ability to explain a play at the line as well as Romo. He even gives you a key player to watch on a lot of plays. He called that run to the outside on 4th and short where Brady killed the QB sneak. The thing I kept wondering, if Romo knows that, why don't the LBs?

Romo showed up for a big game this is a first.

I love'd it a few weeks ago they were talking about holding for an extra point (I forget how it came up) but I was half expecting someone to roll out this footage.

#12348 1 year ago

If the Rams beat the Patriots, I hope the fans around here don't say that because of the no call, the Rams should not even be in the Superbowl. Yes they got lucky on that play, and I do think that it was PI. There is no guarantee that the Saints would have won, even if the Rams got a penalty. Its unlikely that they would have lost, but too much can happen in just under two minutes. The game played out, and the Rams moved on.
On Superbowl Sunday everything starts at zero. I know from experience a lot of Pats fans, especially most of the ones that I know, look for every excuse in the book when the team loses a championship game. I hope that people don't mention the blown call if New England loses, as something that contributed to the loss.

It does suck for the Saints because it was a blown call, on a blatant penalty. But I can also see it from the Rams point of view. What are some of the opinions on here? Do you think the Rams or the Saints should be playing in the big game?

#12349 1 year ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Do you think the Rams or the Saints should be playing in the big game?

Look it sucks the call was missed but, reality is that there are calls missed damn near every play in the NFL. I know you say but those did not or do not have a direct influence on winning or losing like the one just put in the spot light. Wrong, a holding, offsides, incidental hands to face etc. all play the same role; the difference here is it occurred during an in your face moment, whereas most others generally take place away from the camera. Also before all of you start BBQing me let me state again, I think it was a very, very bad non-call but it no worse than the other thirty or more calls that are missed every game played, they just aren't in your face when they occur.
I too think the Saints were screwed but, it happened we just need to move on and hope the NFL can come up with some way to lesson the worst of these when they occur.

#12350 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

Look it sucks the call was missed but, reality is that there are calls missed damn near every play in the NFL. I know you say but those did not or do not have a direct influence on winning or losing like the one just put in the spot light. Wrong, a holding, offsides, incidental hands to face etc. all play the same role; the difference here is it occurred during an in your face moment, whereas most others generally take place away from the camera. Also before all of you start BBQing me let me state again, I think it was a very, very bad non-call but it no worse than the other thirty or more calls that are missed every game played, they just aren't in your face when they occur.
I too think the Saints were screwed but, it happened we just need to move on and hope the NFL can come up with some way to lesson the worst of these when they occur.

Context matters. A blown call with the game on the line is significantly worse than a blown call at 8 minutes of the 2nd quarter.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 21.00
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
Boards
PinSound
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
Tommy's Pins
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 109.99
$ 9,000.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
There are 28875 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 578.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside