nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 1,516.
#12251 5 years ago

Argue all you want. That asterisk is never going away.

#12252 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nobody wants to see Bill Billicheat and the Pats in the SB but it's ok because the Rams are going to beat them anyways. Patriots are not that good if a team this year.

I am surprised that they won last night. I have said this before. With the Patriots lately, it comes down to the last couple of minutes of a game. There are not many slam dunk victories. If they can not put a large number of points on the board early in the game, they might be in trouble. I do not think they are as good as they were years ago. Just my opinion.

#12253 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I am surprised that they won last night. I have said this before. With the Patriots lately, it comes down to the last couple of minutes of a game. There are not many slam dunk victories. If they can not put a large number of points on the board early in the game, they might be in trouble. I do not think they are as good as they were years ago. Just my opinion.

Unfortunately, we'll never know just how good they are or could have been. Because, you know, they are cheaters.

#12254 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Argue all you want. That asterisk is never going away.

Ummmmm, ok. if you say so. Since that has been made crystal clear, maybe we can now all move on. Make sure that you let the NFL hall of fame know that the asterisk has to be done in permanent marker.

#12255 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Correct and im.not being a dick or knocking them, but they are an average team at best right now. I dont hate the Patriots but im just sick of seeing them in the SB. The cheating definitely bothers me also.

#12256 5 years ago

I am through with the NFL.
Have been for a while.
Might as well decide the super bowl champ by a coin flip
what with all the obvious bad and missed calls.
And games ending in the way they have been lately.
Any Champs crowned will not have earned it
just have the luck break their way.

#12257 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Correct and im.not being a dick or knocking them, but they are an average team at best right now

I am a fan of NE, but I can still see the overall picture, and I agree with you. I feel that I am seeing a decline in the team. I think that the SB appearances by NE is not going to last for much longer.

#12258 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nobody wants to see Bill Billicheat and the Pats in the SB but it's ok because the Rams are going to beat them anyways. Patriots are not that good of a team this year.

It really doesn't matter. It's the cheater Bowl this year! which cheater gets to win? Who cares! I have witnessed some of the worst officiating I have ever seen this year. How many helmet to helmet blows that were not called? Lots of people are saying the whole thing is rigged I am starting to believe them. Why would it be rigged? One word... MONEY period. Why did two officials standing just a few paces away choose not to throw a flag when a player was attacked? A gross violation of league rules. What does this show our young player in all leagues? You can cheat in front of millions of fans, the cameras and the officials and get away with it! NFL rules are just a bunch of bullshit. Hey I have an idea! Why don't we get rid the officials and just play "Pick Up and Die"!

#12259 5 years ago

The team has no effect on the outcome of a bad call, its not that the team cheats. Those calls can swing either way for any given team. Either it works out for a team, or it works against them. It happens all the time, to every team playing.

#12260 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Ummmmm, ok. if you say so. Since that has been made crystal clear, maybe we can now all move on. Make sure that you let the NFL hall of fame know that the asterisk has to be done in permanent marker.

Moving on isn’t really dirtbag’s thing.

He’s still mad about the bears cutting his brother 25 years ago.

(Why isn’t he mad at the other 31 teams for not claiming him?)

#12261 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

The team has no effect on the outcome of a bad call, its not that the team cheats. Those calls can swing either way for any given team. Either it works out for a team, or it works against them. It happens all the time, to every team playing.

Uhhh, not for the Browns! NFL admitted to missed calls in the following games (four losses and a tie):

Chargers
Raiders
Steelers
Buccaneers
Ravens

Five (5) missed calls. The Chargers game resulted in a ref being fired.

But yeah, the Browns cheat just as much as the Patriots, right?

#12262 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Triple ice coming?

Calling back to back time outs is a 15 yard penalty.

#12263 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

(Why isn’t he mad at the other 31 teams for not claiming him?)

When did it become 2024? Math is not your strong suit.

#12264 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

When did it become 2024? Math is not your strong suit.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My favorite part is his insistence that we all know when his brother played or retired and Thats why were getting the date wrong.

#12265 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

*they cheated
That's never going away. Ever.

I hope it never goes away; as the years pass it makes it easier and easier to tell who the butt hurt whining losers are. Thank you for renting space in your head eternally for the Patriots.

#12266 5 years ago

Funny stuff "On November 12, 2006 -- two months after the NFL sent its initial 2006 memo forbidding videotaping from the sidelines, endzones and "other locations accessible to club staff members during the game" and one year before the New England Patriots infamous Spygate "scandal"-- the Jets were caught filming the Patriots plays and defensive signals from both endzones of Gillette Stadium. The Patriots had the New York Jets employee removed from the area," https://yourteamcheats.com/cheaters/

#12267 5 years ago

Go Team!
DJT might just end up with as many rings as “Big Ben” Roethlisberger.

3BA4915D-60B3-41E3-B175-D108C33D2B3A (resized).jpeg3BA4915D-60B3-41E3-B175-D108C33D2B3A (resized).jpeg
#12268 5 years ago

Please tell me they didn't give him a championship ring

#12269 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

They honestly did.
Coach Bill, Kraft and The Donald are tight.
Heck! Even Brady had a MAGA hat in his locker.

C69B6849-A8BC-4EBC-9EE2-795BB1D643C5 (resized).jpegC69B6849-A8BC-4EBC-9EE2-795BB1D643C5 (resized).jpeg
#12270 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I hope it never goes away; as the years pass it makes it easier and easier to tell who the butt hurt whining losers are. Thank you for renting space in your head eternally for the Patriots.

Isn’t it funny how an * kind of looks like a little butthole?

Fitting badge for the butthurt.

#12271 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My favorite part is his insistence that we all know when his brother played or retired and Thats why were getting the date wrong.

Yeah I’m sorry I’m not up on the exact particulars of the dirtbag family employment history.

I’d quiz dirtbag if he knew the exact date my mom retired, but then it was of her own volition she wasn’t cut.

#12272 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Just like everything else in his life, he was given a sparkly, valuable thing without doing any work, and a bunch of idiots applaud him for it.

#12273 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just like everything else in his life, he was given a sparkly, valuable thing without doing any work, and a bunch of idiots applaud him for it.

Do you think he'll lose his trademark humility?

#12274 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Love em or hate em the Patriots are simply the greatest franchise any sport has ever seen. What they've been able to accomplish over the past 18 years is stunning and will NEVER be equaled.

Sorry man...have to disagree.

Sure the pats have made it to PLAY in 9 Superbowls the past 18 years, and won what 5 (maybe 6 this year)?

You said greatest franchise and threw out the number 18.

1953 - 1971 The Montreal Canadiens won 11 Stanley Cups. and played in 14 over that time span. Pats still have a way to go.....

#12275 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Sorry man...have to disagree.
Sure the pats have made it to PLAY in 9 Superbowls the past 18 years, and won what 5 (maybe 6 this year)?
You said greatest franchise and threw out the number 18.
1953 - 1971 The Montreal Canadiens won 11 Stanley Cups. and played in 14 over that time span. Pats still have a way to go.....

In 1953 there was no salary cap in the NHL or free agency. Most importantly, there were only SIX (6) teams in the league in 1953! 2/3rds of the league went straight to the semi-finals!

#12276 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I’m sorry I’m not up on the exact particulars of the dirtbag family employment history.
I’d quiz dirtbag if he knew the exact date my mom retired, but then it was of her own volition she wasn’t cut.

Your mom was clearly much better at her profession than ***.

#12277 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

It really doesn't matter. It's the cheater Bowl this year! which cheater gets to win? Who cares! I have witnessed some of the worst officiating I have ever seen this year. How many helmet to helmet blows that were not called? Lots of people are saying the whole thing is rigged I am starting to believe them. Why would it be rigged? One word... MONEY period. Why did two officials standing just a few paces away choose not to throw a flag when a player was attacked? A gross violation of league rules. What does this show our young player in all leagues? You can cheat in front of millions of fans, the cameras and the officials and get away with it! NFL rules are just a bunch of bullshit. Hey I have an idea! Why don't we get rid the officials and just play "Pick Up and Die"!

Everyone points to the pass inference no call as if the Rams didn't deserve to win or the Saints got cheated. Or even more ridiculous, that the Rams are cheaters for getting away with pass interfere. It's as if everyone forgot the no call minutes earlier that cost the Rams 4 points. Did you all forget the obvious face mask on Goff by the Saints when he tried to run for the endzone? They had to settle for a field goal because of that no call. It was an obvious miss. So don't tell me the Rams didn't deserve to win. The Rams overcame the bad call against them, the Saints did not.

#12278 5 years ago

If you want to talk about cheating, how about the Superdome and its fans. The Superdome purposely set up for terrible acoustics so that the fans can yell so loud that the Rams can't hear each other call plays. How is that not cheating? If you really think about it, it's no different than throwing snowballs on the field. Despite that huge advantage, Rams still won.

#12279 5 years ago

It's called a home field advantage. Seattles Stadium is set up that way too... No bug whoop

Saints no call directly caused them to lose the game. If you don't see the difference between an earlier call, then you're in dirtbag Land.

#12280 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's called a home field advantage. Seattles Stadium is set up that way too... No bug whoop

It's a huge whoop. Rams couldn't audible. Look at it scientifically. Sound waves are a physical thing that makes contact with the eardrum, physically interfering with players ability to perform. No different than any other physical impediment. Normally it is overlooked because it is more passive and in the guise of cheering for your team. But Sean Payton made public statements all week to the fans on when to yell and scream for the sole purpose of trying to gain a huge unfair advantage. Now how is that not cheating?

#12281 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

In 1953 there was no salary cap in the NHL or free agency. Most importantly, there were only SIX (6) teams in the league in 1953! 2/3rds of the league went straight to the semi-finals!

So the talent was less sparse and spread out?
Ok....the Yankees of the 1990’s were pretty good then too.
Both had to win a LOT more games to get there as well.

#12282 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Now how is that not cheating?

Because it's a sport played in front of 50+k people... It's assumed it will be loud.
It's also assumed to be louder against the visiting team. It's the same advantage every home team has in the league and always has.
If the rams aren't smart enough to work out hand signals for audible, like every team in the league, then that's on them.

#12283 5 years ago

I was gonna stay out of this because I hate the tired old discussion, but Rodgers said that he likes the balls more inflated, so they would present them to the refs that way for inspection. The refs would then deflate within the rules. The difference? They did not send some kid to the bathroom to reinflate them AFTER inspection. That's a big, big difference. Rodgers also made that admission in jest.

#12284 5 years ago

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I was gonna stay out of this because I hate the tired old discussion, but Rodgers said that he likes the balls more inflated, so they would present them to the refs that way for inspection. The refs would then deflate within the rules. The difference? They did not send some kid to the bathroom to reinflate them AFTER inspection. That's a big, big difference. Rodgers also made that admission in jest.

So if the refs did not catch it, and if the balls that were over inflated made it to the game field, the INTENT to break the rules did not happen?

#12285 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's also assumed to be louder against the visiting team. It's the same advantage every home team has in the league and always has.

You’ve clearly never been to fedex field.

#12286 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

So if the refs did not catch it, and if the balls that were over inflated made it to the game field, the INTENT to break the rules did not happen?

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

#12287 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I was gonna stay out of this because I hate the tired old discussio

You can forget that now...…….

#12288 5 years ago

Anyone who said the PI call was closer than it looks should look at these pictures. B2353127-740C-43A9-BC35-955476F19093 (resized).pngB2353127-740C-43A9-BC35-955476F19093 (resized).png73F16CA5-3525-4DEE-88BA-D0560644B487 (resized).jpeg73F16CA5-3525-4DEE-88BA-D0560644B487 (resized).jpeg

#12289 5 years ago

It's the refs job to inspect. If the refs fail to do their job that's one thing. If you pass the check and then go out of the way to alter the ball outside of the rules, then yes, it is cheating.

The only ones that cant seem to see the difference is Pat's fans.

#12290 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Do you think that Rogers violated the rules? Yes or no.

#12291 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Because it's a sport played in front of 50+k people... It's assumed it will be loud.
If the rams aren't smart enough to work out hand signals for audible, like every team in the league, then that's on them.

Well, it's assumed that the Patriots will cheat, doesn't make it right though. There is a big difference between cheering for your team, and yelling and screaming as directed by a coach who illegally gave money to players to injure the other team so they could win.

#12292 5 years ago

As for Gronk pushing off (offensive PI) That’s just NFL play, I can see that as a non call but Gronk gets called a lot more offensive PI just because he’s so big. It’s like traveling in the NBA not called every time. Its like offensive line holding can be called every single play.

However the missed PI in NO game was overly obvious.

#12293 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:If you pass the check and then go out of the way to alter the ball outside of the rules, then yes, it is cheating.

What about before the check? if you knowingly tamper with a game ball whether it is caught by the refs, is still trying to do something that is outside of the rules. Plain and simple. Its not "You are only guilty if you get caught." Its a matter of being guilty of deliberately breaking the rules.

#12294 5 years ago

It's similar to moving the ball forward after a run to try to get a better spot. Everyone does that. It's trying to win.

If you were to distract the refs after they made the official spot to improve its position. That's cheating.

#12295 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Its a matter of being guilty of deliberately breaking the rules.

Like the Patriots, right?

#12296 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

. There is a big difference between cheering for your team, and yelling and screaming as directed by a coach who illegally gave money to players to injure the other team so they could win.

Jesus.

#12297 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Well said. I love when people talk about the Celtics in the early 60's. It was similar in the NBA, but they had 8 teams in the league. All sports have a modern era that doesn't date back too far past the mid-70s except baseball. Football championships don't count before the Superbowl, NBA championships don't count before the ABA/NBA merger in 1975 and hockey also in the early 70's. Bill Russell was a good player for sure but never won anything that counts. Just like the Eagles never won anything that counts before last year.

The only asterisk in the NFL is the strike shortened year with the scab games where the Redskins won a meaningless ring in 1987.

As for cheating asterisks, the Pats have done nothing beyond gamesmanship. This article snip is real cheating and absolutely sent the Celtics to the NBA Finals in 1981 with a boldface, underlined asterisk: "During Game 7 of the '81 Eastern Conference finals, the Sixers stupidly allowed the CBS cameras inside their timeout huddles, so Celtics coach Bill Fitch sent a ball boy scurrying into their locker room before every timeout to see what the Sixers were planning on TV. With one second remaining, trailing by one, Billy Cunningham diagrammed a half-court alley-oop lob from Bobby Jones to Julius Erving -- if you watch the replay on NBA TV, you'll see him spell out the entire play to his team and how it should work. The ballboy caught everything, ran back on the court and told Fitch what was coming; Fitch alerted the Celtics, who were so prepared for the play Jones ended up winging the pass off the top of the backboard."

#12298 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

However the missed PI in NO game was overly obvious.

Right it's not a missed PI that's the issue, it's the fact it was so obvious. He just leveled the guy and the ball was still 10 feet away from him. It's not a ticky tack play that you can argue they were both hand fighting or something like that.

#12299 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Like the Patriots, right?

Wow. You really have a tough time accepting the fact that there are other teams that cheat in professional sports. Are you THAT blinded that you think the Patriots are the only team to bend the rules? You did not answer my question. Rogers, guilty or not?

#12300 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

This may be a bad analogy, but what the hell. Lets look at breaking a NFL rule as if it were breaking the law. You attempt to commit murder, and I do as well, I get caught by the police and you don't. Most people would say that attempted murder is against the law. According to you, the police, like the refs did not catch you, so no crime was committed. Am I getting this right?

Wow. You really have a tough time accepting the fact that there are other teams that cheat in profession sports. Are you THAT blinded that you think the Patriots are the only team to bend the rules? You did not answer my question. Rogers, guilty or not?

It must really suck cheering for a group of cheaters.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 75,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/246?hl=mfsrc791 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.