pasted_image (resized).png
giphy (1).gif
nfl films 1970 (resized).png
IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 1,507.
#12201 5 years ago

Dee fn Ford..that penalty..huuuuge mistake! Chiefs had a great year..shit, I predicted a 7-9 record..Mahomes was a lot better then I thought, Hope now that they fire Bob fn Sutton and get someone that can improve that D..I dunno if I’m more sad on the result of the game, or that I sold the 1st pin I ever bought today..

#12202 5 years ago

Good games, but some really bad calls today. That PI on the rams was clear. The thing is, if he plays the ball instead, that's a loooong pick 6.

The muffed punt call was bad too. The correct call on the field in realtime no doubt. It looked very much like the ball touches Edelmann just as it hits the ground. But, it was extremely satisfying seeing Edelmann get lit up just a play or two later on that pick.

Starratore is awful. Bringing him in to have him defend the ref's call every other play is just irritating. That has got to be some sort of deal with NFL tv rights or something, but at least the guy on Fox is tolerable, and pretends to care about the integrity of the game.

#12203 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Hey, did you guys hear that the Patriots are going to the Superbowl again? This will be Tom Terrific’s 9th trip to the big game. Ninth! GOAT! Greatest Of All Time! 5 rings, and when you ask him which ring is his favorite, he will answer “The next one”.

A Goat is an inferior animal to the Ram.

#12204 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

A Goat is an inferior animal to the Ram.

It’s been a while since we beat the Rams in the Super Bowl. Ahhh, Super Bowl 36. I have a coffee mug from that one. Fun times.

#12205 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It’s been a while since we beat the Rams in the Super Bowl. Ahhh, Super Bowl 36. I have a coffee mug from that one. Fun times.

And Noone was happier about it than me. But this is the Los Angeles Rams. And they are gonna stomp on the Pats.

#12206 5 years ago

Go Rams!!! Great games today. Wow!!!!

#12207 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

And Noone was happier about it than me. But this is the Los Angeles Rams. And they are gonna stomp on the Pats.

Well maybe Ndamukong Suh might try to stomp on something, but I assume they will eject him when he pulls that antic. He won’t be able to hold it together.

#12208 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Well maybe Ndamukong Suh might try to stomp on something, but I assume they will eject him when he pulls that antic. He won’t be able to hold it together.

If he stomps Brady out of the game then I will take it. Belicheat is getting old and there's a new sherifff in town.

#12209 5 years ago

I love that moniker. Still pushing the rules. Still winning after all these years. He has the best news conferences in the game. He’ll talk for 5 minutes, and not say a word. But I know... haters gotta hate.

#12210 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I love that moniker. Still pushing the rules. Still winning after all these years. He has the best news conferences in the game. He’ll talk for 5 minutes, and not say a word. But I know... haters gotta hate.

I predict all his answers will be about thinking about the Rams.

#12211 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Well maybe Ndamukong Suh might try to stomp on something,

Like some of the air out of the ball perhaps????????

#12212 5 years ago

Man, Rams vs Pats Superbowl... Probably won't bother with that one

#12213 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Like some of the air out of the ball perhaps????????

That was a total screw job. The science behind it showed the pressures were exactly what they should have been under those conditions. But the NFL couldn’t back down and hosed us. And don’t forget, we’ve won 2 Super Bowls, and went to another since that game. Plus going to our forth since then. So four, and what’s the next closest team... One. The NFL parity holds down every team except the Patriots. We are constantly scrutinized for cheating, yet we keep winning.

#12214 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Starratore is awful.

Dez Bryant agrees with you 100%.

#12215 5 years ago

Love em or hate em the Patriots are simply the greatest franchise any sport has ever seen. What they've been able to accomplish over the past 18 years is stunning and will NEVER be equaled. It almost makes no sense. Has their been more talented teams? Absolutely but the way this coaching staff is able to break down each game... game plan, scheme and simply out smart the other side is jaw dropping. The way they get this team with many average type players to 'do their job' and execute each play as if its the last play is remarkable and mind bogging.

In the era of free agency and salary cap this organization is just... hard to even put into words.

Go Rams!

#12216 5 years ago

that is another word for it...

#12217 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hey whatever makes you feel better but if you know anything about football, the NFL what they've done is incredible and if you think some deflated balls or some goofy crap like that takes away from their accomplishments that is just simply asinine.

#12218 5 years ago

I like the Rams don't get me wrong. With that said, they are only in the Superbowl because of that blown call.... WOW is all i have to say.. That was a early Christmas gift. DAMN!!!

#12219 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

And you are absolutely correct. I don't know how anyone who has been watching football for the last 12 years, can not see that the information videotaped of the Jets in 2007, is currently being used by the Patriots to continually win championship games. It is completely out of the realm of possibility that a team can be so much better than other teams, who are playing the same sport. Cheating has to be a factor in each and every win.
I kid you not. Put a deflated football in my hands and I would be winning 5 Super bowls as well. Let me tell you, I sure would not want to turn my back on Tom Brady if a game of checkers were on the line. Not that he would move pieces when I was not looking, but the Patriots filmed the jets 12 years ago, which was not prohibited by the league, but they did it from the wrong location. Therefore if he beat me, it would OBVIOUSLY be because he cheats. No wonder he has more SB wins than any other quarterback. Not to mention all the AFC championships that came after 2007. Coincidence? no. That videotaped info was and still is, the key to their success. Anyone who thinks its because they can play one hell of game of football is just lying to themselves.

#12220 5 years ago

Just curious Whysnow, what is your favorite NFL team?

#12221 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Just curious Whysnow, what is your favorite NFL team?

He used to like the Bears but has jumped on the Browns bandwagon. All too common these days.

Also, most folks in this thread would admit that the Pats are a sickeningly good team. But it is some consolation to the rest of us that they’ve been caught cheating several times. And that their fans still get so incredibly salty whenever it’s mentioned.

Go Rams!

#12222 5 years ago

*they cheated

That's never going away. Ever.

#12223 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

And you are absolutely correct. I don't know how anyone who has been watching football for the last 12 years, can not see that the information videotaped of the Jets in 2007, is currently being used by the Patriots to continually win championship games. It is completely out of the realm of possibility that a team can be so much better than other teams, who are playing the same sport. Cheating has to be a factor in each and every win.
I kid you not. Put a deflated football in my hands and I would be winning 5 Super bowls as well. Let me tell you, I sure would not want to turn my back on Tom Brady if a game of checkers were on the line. Not that he would move pieces when I was not looking, but the Patriots filmed the jets 12 years ago, which was not prohibited by the league, but they did it from the wrong location. Therefore if he beat me, it would OBVIOUSLY be because he cheats. No wonder he has more SB wins than any other quarterback. Not to mention all the AFC championships that came after 2007. Coincidence? no. That videotaped info was and still is, the key to their success. Anyone who thinks its because they can play one hell of game of football is just lying to themselves.

I agree completwly with everything you just said.

#12224 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

*they cheated
That's never going away. Ever.

i rarely agree with dirtbag...

When I do... it is about this.

that asterisk is forever on the Pats and all their wins. Just the reality we live in and it is a sad reality that a team with so much talent decided to go that route.

once a cheater, always a cheater.

#12225 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I like the Rams don't get me wrong. With that said, they are only in the Superbowl because of that blown call.... WOW is all i have to say.. That was a early Christmas gift. DAMN!!!

Christmas was less than 1 month ago. You do not get to use the term "early Christmas gift" until at least July.

#12226 5 years ago

And before we start with all the "every team cheats" bullshit, let's talk about how GM Ray Farmer texted the Browns coaching staff during a game (which is against the rules) telling them to play Johnny Manziel and how it helped them.... wait, they finished 7-9 that season. How exactly did that "help" them?

#12227 5 years ago

OK. Aaron Rodgers admits to tampering with game day footballs by increasing air pressure. How can anyone honestly say this is different than the Patriots having footballs with decreased air pressure? If you look at the website your team cheats, it is clear that every team is guilty of SOMETHING. Brady may, or may not have known that the footballs were under inflated. But since they were not at the proper PSI, it is a violation of the rules. I am not excusing it. They got some heavy penalties for that, but Rogers who admits to breaking the rules gets away with it. In my opinion, the Packers are cheaters if you want to go by how NE is judged. It does get tiring to hear fans say that the Patriots are cheaters when their team is guilty of the same fucking thing, or worse. At least NE never put bounties on hits which could potentially end a career, result in paralysis, or even death.

#12228 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

OK. Aaron Rodgers admits to tampering with game day footballs by increasing air pressure. How can anyone honestly say this is different than the Patriots having footballs with decreased air pressure? If you look at the website your team cheats, it is clear that every team is guilty of SOMETHING. Brady may, or may not have known that the footballs were under inflated. But since they were not at the proper PSI, it is a violation of the rules. I am not excusing it. They got some heavy penalties for that, but Rogers who admits to breaking the rules gets away with it. In my opinion, the Packers are cheaters if you want to go by how NE is judged. It does get tiring to hear fans say that the Patriots are cheaters when their team is guilty of the same fucking thing, or worse. At least NE never put bounties on hits which could potentially end a career, result in paralysis, or even death.

pats are a CULTURE of cheating.

stop trying to deflect with the "but they" crap. of course the Pats are going to get scrutinized the most. When you cheat better/more/consitently than everyone else and constantly for over a decade of evidence... it is the reality.

Pats fans would be better off just owning the cheating as part of what they do.

#12229 5 years ago

We’re gearing up for another warehouse Super Bowl party.

5772D73F-6208-4FE1-BF9F-2C00B5864468 (resized).jpeg5772D73F-6208-4FE1-BF9F-2C00B5864468 (resized).jpeg6CF3B795-4C3A-4831-9CDE-EBCC00F64E36 (resized).jpeg6CF3B795-4C3A-4831-9CDE-EBCC00F64E36 (resized).jpegBDCD19D3-C68B-43CA-B19D-09EFF87763BA (resized).jpegBDCD19D3-C68B-43CA-B19D-09EFF87763BA (resized).jpegC92BD45D-5670-421E-8DD1-042F0BD534CE (resized).jpegC92BD45D-5670-421E-8DD1-042F0BD534CE (resized).jpeg6A912431-CEFA-427A-8E5F-93E51CC85A48 (resized).jpeg6A912431-CEFA-427A-8E5F-93E51CC85A48 (resized).jpegE73203BC-DF17-4C29-A4BD-3417A861DAF4 (resized).jpegE73203BC-DF17-4C29-A4BD-3417A861DAF4 (resized).jpeg
#12230 5 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

We’re gearing up for another warehouse Super Bowl party.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They probably cheated in that game as well.

#12231 5 years ago

Look reality is The New England Patriots are the greatest franchise to date in NFL history. I also think without doubt Tom Brady is the greatest QB of his time. I'll leave the greatest of all time for someone else to declare. I find it hard, if not impossible to try to say Brady is better than just say Joe Montana because the dynamics of the game have changed so much; todays QB's IMHO have a cake walk playing in the NFL compared to QB's in Terry Bradshaw's or even aforementioned Montana time.

#12232 5 years ago

Some of you bozos obviously have no clue how football is played...

They cheated as if that really contributes much to thier success. Man, some of you better stick with ping pong or something a little less complicated.

#12234 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pats fans would be better off just owning the cheating as part of what they do.

So would you agree that the Packers are in the same boat? After all, tampered footballs are tampered footballs, no matter who is using them.

#12235 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

So would you agree that the Packers are in the same boat? After all, tampered footballs are tampered footballs, no matter who is using them.

Did the Packers also record an opponent's practices?

#12236 5 years ago

I can relate to people hating the Pat's I hated the 90s Yankees. But for the little piss ants calling cheating the claims say more about there small minded character than say anything real about the Pat's

#12237 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

And he's not a Packers fan. He cheers for the Bears. A team that hasn't been caught cheating and subsequently hasn't won a title in almost 35 years.

#12238 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

small minded

That's rich.

#12239 5 years ago

Top Patriot Hater Excuses
1: Spygate
2: Deflategate
3: Tuckrule
4: “bought officials”
5: “week league”
6: Tom’s TB12 nutrition
7: Trump
8: hacked headsets
9: Jon Bon Jovi
10: ?

#12240 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

When you cheat better/more/consitently than everyone else and constantly for over a decade of evidence... it is the reality.

Have you even looked at that website about all the teams and how they have cheated in the past? What about the 13 other teams that have cheated more than NE? what do you have to say about that? I would like to hear it. All teams judged by the same rules violations, in comparison of each other. So how exactly do it more than any other team?

#12241 5 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

The problem is, this should never happen. We have reply, if the ref's cant do there job properly, someone should call them on it. You cant miss a call like that in such a big game. Total bullshit.

It was the saints job to call them on it

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So what’s your solution? You want replay on no-calls?
Refs are humans. They’ll miss stuff or get it wrong.

You need to remember refs see one angle real speed we see 4 or 5 angles slow mo

#12242 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm sorry. I should not have brought up Rogers. It does not count unless he plays for NE. How stupid of me. I though a violation of the rules by a team should be viewed by that violation. I guess it does not matter unless they commit the same violation that another team does.

#12243 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I'm sorry. I should not have brought up Rogers. It does not count unless he plays for NE. How stupid of me. I though a violation of the rules by a team should be viewed by that violation. I guess it does not matter unless they commit the same violation that another team does.

You didn't answer my question.

#12244 5 years ago

Should just rename them the New England Asterisks.

#12245 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Should just rename them the New England Asterisks.

Like last nights win. Lets all make ourselves feel good, and say that the AFC championship they won with no controversial issues, should have an asterisk in the win column. Because, you know. Spygate and stuff.

#12246 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

No the Packers did not. Did the Patriots put bounties on opponents to reward their team to hurt other players?

#12247 5 years ago

waiting for your answer dirtbag66......

#12248 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

waiting for your answer dirtbag66......

#12249 5 years ago

Nobody wants to see Bill Billicheat and the Pats in the SB but it's ok because the Rams are going to beat them anyways. Patriots are not that good of a team this year.

#12250 5 years ago

Thought so.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
There are 75,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/245?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.