spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 1,513.
#12051 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All I wanna say is Joe Gibbs. Greatest coach in NFL History.

Right, we all know I love Gibbs too and his accomplishments are noted.
So that shows us you have do it the otther way around, best coach with no QB; but not the other way around.

no.

#12052 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He's already the best QB by far, unless people are being stubborn(stupid).
He's the best at his position that is the most important position.
The only true knock on him is another dominant dynasty...but there have been some other great teams during that time...and the amount of time is just crazy.

A true "dynasty" is harder than ever in the salary cap era. Let's face it, much easier in the 70s and 80s when the good teams could always afford to keep all their best players, and even their best backups. Nick Foles would be a lifetime Eagle in the 80s. Next year he'll take the money and go elsewhere and when Wentz gets hurt again their season will be over.

Really makes what Brady, Bill and the Pats have accomplished over the past 2 decades even more impressive. I hate it, you hate it, but you gotta accept it. Whining about "cheating" is just ridiculous.

#12053 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Whining about "cheating" is just ridiculous.

I guess Spygate and Deflategate never happened then.

Carry on.

#12054 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Carry on.

Yes they happened and are solely responsible for the Pats complete dominance of football over the last 19 years.

L. O. L.

#12055 5 years ago

What I hate, is that every scandal since Watergate now has "gate" stamped onto the end of it.

#12056 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

What I hate, is that every scandal since Watergate now has "gate" stamped onto the end of it.

I like it.

What really bothers me is that now everything has "-palooza" at the end of it instead of "-stock." I was not ready for that change.

#12057 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes they happened and are solely responsible for the Pats complete dominance of football over the last 19 years.
L. O. L.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

#12058 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Ha I'm sure you believe that in all cases.

Sooo...you been watching the news lately? Lots and lots of smoke these days.

#12059 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A true "dynasty" is harder than ever in the salary cap era..

Yup. As I've said before Brady just outlasted my hate. I used to say the same things people are saying now. Well the coach...well the system...cheating.. (ha I never said that, all teams cheat)...but at some point you're just avoiding the most obvious facts ever.
The thing aboot most dynasties is they are a draft class or 2. 70s Steelers are (basically) 1 group of players. 49ers span longer for sure and 2 qbs.
Fucking NE is just the 2 of them.

#12060 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ha I'm sure you believe that in all cases.
Sooo...you been watching the news lately? Lots and lots of smoke these days.

Careful...

#12061 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All I wanna say is Joe Gibbs. Greatest coach in NFL History.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right, a coach who has also won ZERO without Brady and was a failure in Cleveland.

Hey now, wait a minute.. Gibbs didn't exactly set the world on fire with his second stint. He did OK, but he didn't win the division, and didn't win a playoff game.

Belichick got the Browns a win in the playoffs.

#12062 5 years ago

Hey now, wait a minute.. Gibbs didn't exactly set the world on fire with his second stint. He did OK, but he didn't win the division, and didn't win a playoff game.
Belichick got the Browns a win in the playoffs.

Oh come on. Gibbs was an old man and that doesn't count, just like Earl Weaver's sad comeback stint doesn't count with the Orioles.

Also..Gibbs 2.0 managed TWO PLAYOFF appearances in three seasons with Dan Snyder as the owner - by FAR his most successful coach. That basically puts him on par with Lombardi as Snyder is possibly the worst owner in NFL history. The Skins haven't won a playoff game since he was in charge. 14 years ago.

Gibbs DID win a playoff game in his second stint, you are mistaken.

#12063 5 years ago

Gibbs had 4 seasons. Old man? He was 67 in his last year coach. Belichick is 66.

#12064 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Carry on.

They can't all be as spotless as the 90s Cowboys.

#12065 5 years ago

Gibbs had 4 seasons. Old man? He was 67 in his last year coach. Belichick is 66.

Yeah, that's old. And he'd taken 11 years off.

Whatever...Gibbs had ASTOUNDING success compared to all other Dan Snyder coaches. You could bring Lombardi back and give him 6 HOF head coaches as assistants and he wouldn't win shit working for Dan.

Two playoff appearances in three years? A playoff win?! Amazing performance by Coach Gibbs.

Gibbs' comeback was no blemish on his reputation. Don't forget he was already in the Hall of Fame before he took Snyder's money.

#12066 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yup. As I've said before Brady just outlasted my hate. I used to say the same things people are saying now. Well the coach...well the system...cheating.. (ha I never said that, all teams cheat)...but at some point you're just avoiding the most obvious facts ever.
The thing aboot most dynasties is they are a draft class or 2. 70s Steelers are (basically) 1 group of players. 49ers span longer for sure and 2 qbs.
Fucking NE is just the 2 of them.

Admittedly it's harder to argue against Brady. Believe me, I think he's good, I just think that the Pats will still have success after he's done..

9ers span 2 QBs and 2 coaches, which is pretty impressive.

#12067 5 years ago

Admittedly it's harder to argue against Brady. Believe me, I think he's good, I just think that the Pats will still have success after he's done..
9ers span 2 QBs and 2 coaches, which is pretty impressive.

Cowboys were probably the last true dynasty with 3 wins in 4 years. Coulda been more if Jones hadn't fucked it up.

But history will judge the Patriots well. I can't wait till they suck again. Maybe the Kiam family will somehow buy the team again.

#12068 5 years ago

Bah.... Seifert is the same as switzer.
Taking over for a great coach and stumbling into another ring

#12069 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He's already the best QB by far, unless people are being stubborn(stupid).
He's the best at his position that is the most important position.
The only true knock on him is another dominant dynasty...but there have been some other great teams during that time...and the amount of time is just crazy.

Debateable. Other QBs have been highly successful in that system as well (garrapolo, cassell, bledsoe).
Tom Brady isn't even the best QB playing currently.

Not to take anything away from him. His career has been great, and he has certainly been one of the best of all time, but there are other factors.

#12070 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Bah.... Seifert is the same as switzer.
Taking over for a great coach and stumbling into another ring

Absolutely correct. Doesn't count.

#12071 5 years ago

its a niche sport but Tony Hawk was at the top of vert skating for almost 20 years.

#12072 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Debateable. Other QBs have been highly successful in that system as well (garrapolo, cassell, bledsoe).

You need to be more honest with yourself. Cassel started 1 year. Grolopalow handfull of starts. Bledsoe was a good QB

Quoted from Erik:

its a niche sport but Tony Hawk was at the top of vert skating for almost 20 years.

He can't wipe Hosoi's ass. Ha just kidding...yeah that's a good one. Hawk is an all time great and still going.

#12073 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You need to be more honest with yourself. Cassel started 1 year. Grolopalow handfull of starts. Bledsoe was a good QB

But, how good would Brady be without Coach Belichick?

I love Brees, but Payton has done wonders for his career. Look at his stats in San Diego before the injury.

#12074 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I love Brees, but Payton has done wonders for his career. Look at his stats in San Diego before the injury.

We'll never know. My hunch is he would have been fine.

Bill was a DEFENSIVE genius, not an offensive one. People forget that after 20 years with the GOAT.

#12075 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Of course we can never know. How good with Montana be without Walsh? Bradshaw - noll, Marino, starbach, etc etc

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bill was a DEFENSIVE genius, not an offensive one. People forget that after 20 years with the GOAT.

Everybody forgets his 2 previous Rings and then asshoels like the Lions hire NE d coordinator. Jesus.

#12076 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

L. O. L.

Is it ironic that the Eagles sustained so many injuries after Payton brought a wheelbarrow full of cash into NO’s locker room? Last time he did that...

Hahaha. Just screwing around. Brady and Belichick have cheated, but that doesn’t take away their talent and all the success they’ve had. The Pats are at the top year after year after year. That’s not an easy feat to accomplish, and consistently.

#12077 5 years ago

I'm leaning towards KC and Rams but it's early and i may waffle before or after next weekend.

#12078 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I'm leaning towards KC and Rams but it's early and i may waffle before or after next weekend.

I can see that...might be the year for Mahomes or Goff, and for Brady to finally hang the cleats up.

#12079 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

and when Wentz gets hurt again their season will be over.

Hey!!! Ass.

#12080 5 years ago

lol! what's the sentiment with philly fans with Wentz? Still Wentzylvania? Or trade him for a bounty and go with Foles?

My thoughts after watching him play a few times is that offense may not be doing him any favors. It can be really effective for a bit but running a qb at safeties and LBs inevitably ends in disaster.

Speaking of which did they ever state how he broke his back?

#12081 5 years ago

Wentz is much better, but for sure an injury risk. Gotta let Foles roll.

#12082 5 years ago

Brady/Brees would be an epic way for them to both wind down their careers.

#12083 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I can see that...might be the year for Mahomes or Goff, and for Brady to finally hang the cleats up.

So Goff is the real question of the four anyone would say. However I think the Rams roster is the most stacked in the league.

To someone who doesn't follow the Rams it felt like a tale of two seasons for the Rams offense. Maybe vicjw66 can chime in.

Their offense looked to me like it was predicated on running and playaction. Then teams stopped respecting the play action and stacked the line, and the offense wasn't the same. Now of course recently Dallas happened!

#12084 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Speaking of which did they ever state how he broke his back?

Locally, they just said it was a “progressive” injury. I’m not so sure there was any type of acute event.

Quoted from Erik:

lol! what's the sentiment with philly fans with Wentz? Still Wentzylvania? Or trade him for a bounty and go with Foles?

Sentiment is that he was the number two overall behind Goff, and supposed to be our franchise Q back. I’m definitely concerned about his amount of injuries, considering he was also injured his last year of college. Foles will go, I’m sure he’s looking for a starting spot. He even said so in post game interviews yesterday.

It always annoys me a little. If you look at the hit the Rams delivered last year, Wentz was clearly in the endzone already anyway, yet two players sandwiched his knee and totally obliterated it. There was no need for a hit like that, especially from two players concurrently.

#12085 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Their offense looked to me like it was predicated on running and playaction. Then teams stopped respecting the play action and stacked the line, and the offense wasn't the same.

The Rams are big on playaction and RPO’s, because Goff is mobile and can make plays on his feet, but can also stay in the pocket and play comfortably from there. When he does run, he’s pretty damn quick also.

#12086 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

If you look at the hit the Rams delivered last year, Wentz was clearly in the endzone already anyway, yet two players sandwiched his knee and totally obliterated it. There was no need for a hit like that, especially from two players concurrently.

Good points! There are certainly different rules for QBs based upon how they play. As a fan of a nondescript team drafting "franchise" athletic Qbs every few years the likes of Vince Young, Jake Locker, and Mariota I see this frequently.

And my god if there were a Panthers fan on pinside imagine what he would say! But the fact is these guys don't get it done and others do. My opinion is unless rules change you go with the pocket QB and that's it.

#12087 5 years ago

Rams vs Patriots..but what da hell do I know!

#12088 5 years ago

I’m still on cloud 9 after the win on Saturday vs the colts. The D is a lot better at home no doubt. We beat those cheaters err patriots last time they were at Arrowhead, and I’m hoping that they do it again! And I sure won’t miss that Phillis Rivers lil crying/bitching face for the rest of the year..

#12089 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

So Goff is the real question of the four anyone would say. However I think the Rams roster is the most stacked in the league.
To someone who doesn't follow the Rams it felt like a tale of two seasons for the Rams offense. Maybe vicjw66 can chime in.
Their offense looked to me like it was predicated on running and playaction. Then teams stopped respecting the play action and stacked the line, and the offense wasn't the same. Now of course recently Dallas happened!

Short answer is that Cooper Kupp got injured. He was a huge part of that play action. He just always seemed to find an open lane in his routes, kinda like Travis Kelce does. Losing to the Saints also took away a little of their confidence. They are finally adjusting and getting back to the team they were. Saints seemed to go though a similar funk after they lost to the Cowboys. Should be some good games next week.
Rams by a touchdown, Pats by a field goal.

#12090 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

And is there any smoke coming off of your team? Or are they spotless?

#12091 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

And is there any smoke coming off of your team? Or are they spotless?

The Browns?!? Nope. Hence the reason they've had a whopping ONE playoff appearance since 1999.

Eight AFC Championship appearances in a row. Let that sink in. Where there's smoke...

#12092 5 years ago

Ok. Lets take the "spygate" and "deflategate" seasons out of the equation. Lets say for arguments sake that none of those wins count for anything. How do you account for all their other victories? I mean seriously? A deflated football was their secret to success all these years? Every touchdown that Brady is responsible for now, is because a football had less air in it years ago? I can only imagine how many fans around the country WISH that Brady had played for their team.

#12093 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Ok. Lets take the "spygate" and "deflategate" seasons out of the equation. Lets say for arguments sake that none of those wins count for anything. How do you account for all their other victories? I mean seriously? A deflated football was their secret to success all these years? Every touchdown that Brady is responsible for now, is because a football had less air in it years ago? I can only imagine how many fans around the country WISH that Brady had played for their team.

NE fans continually miss the point that many others see clearly. When you are caught cheating multiple times, it just means there are many more times you have cheated and not been caught. It is obviously part of the teams culture to cheat. They think of it as looking for every possible angle and taking advantage. Everyone else sees it as the reality... They are a super talented team both coaching and players, yet they have chosen to cheat at every chance possible and it has forever put an asterisk on every single game/season played. It puts into question every single ring they have, every single AFC championship, everything. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

The most frustrating thing is that many of those wins would have come without the cheating, but out side of a small portion of the fan base, they are just cheaters and nothing else.

#12094 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

NE fans continually miss the point that many others see clearly. When you are caught cheating multiple times, it just means there are many more times you have cheated and not been caught. It is obviously part of the teams culture to cheat. They think of it as looking for every possible angle and taking advantage. Everyone else sees it as the reality... They are a super talented team both coaching and players, yet they have chosen to cheat at every chance possible and it has forever put an asterisk on every single game/season played. It puts into question every single ring they have, every single AFC championship, everything. Once a cheater, always a cheater.
The most frustrating thing is that many of those wins would have come without the cheating, but out side of a small portion of the fan base, they are just cheaters and nothing else.

Sweet baby Jesus. I agree 100% with this post.

Did we just become best friends?!?

#12095 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Sweet baby Jesus. I agree 100% with this post.
Did we just become best friends?!?

Dude, he basically fired your brother. Show a little backbone.

#12096 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Dude, he basically fired your brother. Show a little backbone.

Go Broncos.

#12097 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

But it would appear that this does not apply to any other team in the league. Every team is guilty of some form of cheating.

Lets look at another team from a different sport that wins a lot. I guess that the New York Yankees were not good at baseball. It seems like they were, because they won a lot of championships. But I saw A-Rod slap the ball out of another players glove. He also called a pop fly while running the base, and no one in the infield went for the ball as a result. I can't imagine how many other times they cheated and just did not get caught. All this time I thought they had stellar talent on their team. Those 27 world championships will forever have an asterisk on them. Once a cheater, always a cheater. Oh wait. Never mind. They are not from New England so it does not count.

#12098 5 years ago

Ouch.

Dugw7glWwAAX-iT (resized).jpgDugw7glWwAAX-iT (resized).jpg
#12099 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

But it would appear that this does not apply to any other team in the league. Every team is guilty of some form of cheating.
Lets look at another team from a different sport that wins a lot. I guess that the New York Yankees were not good at baseball. It seems like they were, because they won a lot of championships. But I saw A-Rod slap the ball out of another players glove. He also called a pop fly while running the base, and no one in the infield went for the ball as a result. I can't imagine how many other times they cheated and just did not get caught. All this time I thought they had stellar talent on their team. Those 27 world championships will forever have an asterisk on them. Once a cheater, always a cheater. Oh wait. Never mind. They are not from New England so it does not count.

Oh, you want to bring baseball into this now?

Hey Manny, how them steroids treatin' ya? What's that you say? Ask Big Papi? Okay, will do.

And you can't make a blanket statement like "every team is guilty of some form of cheating". You and I will never know that for certain.

#12100 5 years ago

Performance enhancing drugs. Against the rules.

Cleveland Browns.
RT Ryan Tucker 2007
CB Joe Haden 2012
LB Armonty Bryant 2016
WR Jordan Payton 2016

Let me rephrase what I said. "Some teams cheat." Better?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/242?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.