pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 1,514.
#12001 5 years ago

Sun Jan 20th, NFL Conference Championships
NFC: Rams at New Orleans Saints, 2 pm ct on Fox
AFC: Patriots at Kansas City Chiefs, 5:40 pm ct on CBS

I'm glad the Saints have the home field advantage.
It turned out to be an important win for the Saints to outscore the Rams back in early Nov.

I'd like to thank the Bears and the Eagles for beating the Rams back in Dec. That definitely helped the Saints get home field advantage.
Those were the only losses that the Rams had all season, and all 3 losses were to play-off teams.

Should be two great games next Sunday. Go Saints! Go Chiefs!
A Saints -vs- Chiefs Super Bowl would be awesome.
So much more fun of a match-up.

#12002 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Come on, the Cowboys won a playoff game… back in 1995.

We should give the Cowboys credit for beating the Seahawks on Sat Jan 5th during Wildcard weekend.
A lot of people were picking the Seahawks to win that game.
It was close (24-22), but the Cowboys did win, even with a lot of pressure on them.
Cowboys will probably win their division next year, and lose in the play-offs.

#12003 5 years ago

It would be great to see a SB matchup that mimics that epic MNF game. Whatever the outcomes next weekend I'm pretty satisfied. I only hate 1 of the teams left, and if they go to the SB, I don't necessarily hate having a clear rooting favorite.

#12004 5 years ago

I think pretty much everyone is rooting for the evil empire to fall. 8 Straight AFC championship games. 13 of the 17 years? I really wish Green Bay was in the AFC. The conferences are mimicking the NBA for the past several years. Supposed to be some parity!

#12005 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I really wish Green Bay was in the AFC.

So they could lose to the Pats every year? Trust me, it isn't that fun

No way I'm picking agaisnt Bellicheck with a 2nd year QB, so Pats is an easy pick.
And I gotta go Brees over Goff.

#12006 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So they could lose to the Pats every year? Trust me, it isn't that fun
No way I'm picking agaisnt Bellicheck with a 2nd year QB, so Pats is an easy pick.
And I gotta go Brees over Goff.

I think there has been a serious lack of competition in the AFC for the last decade and the NFC has had different powerhouse's each year which has made it tough. Pats have always benefited from a cupcake division and a soft conference. Gotta give credit where it's due they have won a lot of games good on them but the cards that they have been dealt have been pretty good compared. There is a ridiculous stat out there since like 2001 there has been only 2 QB's not named Manning , Brady and Big Ben that have made the Super Bowl from that side.

#12007 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Eagles vs Cowboys in the NFC championship game.. you read it here first people

Ouch

#12008 5 years ago

I mean its the same all over. The last decade the pack get 4 games with shitty lions and bears.

#12010 5 years ago

This is pretty dumb.

And how many of the teams who went to visit Trump repeated the next year?

I'm guessing the Eagles organization somehow slighted your brother decades ago?

#12011 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is pretty dumb.
And how many of the teams who went to visit Trump repeated the next year?
I'm guessing the Eagles organization somehow slighted your brother decades ago?

Settle down, soy boy.

#12012 5 years ago

You guys know that by making political jokes that you will be moderated, right?

#12013 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Players refusing to visit the WH is now considered "political"?

Yikes. What a time to be alive!

#12014 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Players refusing to visit the WH is now considered "political"?
Yikes. What a time to be alive!

Why stir this pot? This thread has been pretty civil as of late.

So players refusing to visit the white house is not political?

What a time to be alive!

#12015 5 years ago

Hey, he will have u know that his brother once scored 4 touchdowns in a game! I think that was his brother anywiss!

#12016 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

we can only hope. Just report him and move on. If you engage then he gets what he wants.

#12017 5 years ago

Post was removed by mods I guess.

#12018 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

we can only hope. Just report him and move on. If you engage then he gets what he wants.

I am a moderator, so I was trying to warn against political crap in the thread before moderating. It doesnt always work...

So, who do you guys have in this weekend's games?

I picked against the Pats last week and that was a mistake. They look really well balanced.

Leaning towards picking a visiting team victory in both games...against my Saints.

#12019 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Leaning towards picking a visiting team victory in both games...against my Saints.

It's been established that picking against your team is a weak move. Why is it weak? Because you win either way.

Your team loses = told you guys so!
Your team wins = YOUR TEAM WINS!

#12020 5 years ago

Pats cause Reid always chokes and the Pats (unlike the colts or Chargers) can handle the weather.

Saints cause they are at home and that's the loudest place I've ever witnessed a football game (was there for their playoff wins in 2009).

Those are my soy boy beta male picks. Let me know what you got!

#12021 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

It's been established that picking against your team is a weak move. Why is it weak? Because you win either way.
Your team loses = told you guys so!
Your team wins = YOUR TEAM WINS!

Lol! I just dont like the way the Saints offense looks right now. They hit the skids in week 12 and have not been nearly as potent as before.

#12022 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Lol! I just dont like the way the Saints offense looks right now. They hit the skids in week 12 and have not been nearly as potent as before.

Understandable. But they are your team. Gotta stick with them no matter what.

#12023 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

was there for their playoff wins in 2009)

Weird. Are you a Cardinals or Vikings fan? Or did you just get lucky and happen to find an empty seat on the Saints bandwagon that season?

#12024 5 years ago

I stuck with them since I started watching football in 1974. I thought Archie Manning was the best QB ever. (7 wins woo hoo)

I will still pull for them to win, but the gambler in me says may have to bet against them.

Also, I never bet on a LSU game. The Tigers make me an emotional gambler which is a sure fire way to lose.

Bet like Spock, win like Saban!

#12025 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Weird. Are you a Cardinals or Vikings fan? Or did you just get lucky and happen to find an empty seat on the Saints bandwagon that season?

I love New Orleans, have tons of friends there to crash with, and I love partying, drinking, eating, and watching football.

Why are you so obsessed with bandwagons? Kind of a beta-male approach to arguing.

I think everybody here knows I'm a Redskins fan so I don't really want to hear any of this fair weather fan bullshit. There's like 5 of us left.

#12026 5 years ago

Both games look epic!

I really want to see Saints vs. Chiefs, but it will probably go the opposite way.

A rematch on that legendary MNF game with rams/chiefs would be pretty awesome too.

I just don't want the patriots to win, lol

#12027 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I love New Orleans, have tons of friends there to crash with, and I love partying, drinking, eating, and watching football.
Why are you so obsessed with bandwagons? Kind of a beta-male approach to arguing.
I think everybody here knows I'm a Redskins fan so I don't really want to hear any of this fair weather fan bullshit. There's like 5 of us left.

You had me until the "tons of friends" part.

That's rich.

#12028 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

You had me until the "tons of friends" part.
That's rich.

Soy boys have tons of friends bro, that's why we pretend to be all sensitive and stuff.

There's room on the bandwagon, you alpha male stud!

#12029 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Soy boys have tons of friends bro, that's why we pretend to be all sensitive and stuff.
There's room on the bandwagon, you alpha male stud!

I seem to have triggered you a little, haven't I?

You need a safe space? Maybe some Play Doh to squish around in your tiny hands?

#12030 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I seem to have triggered you a little, haven't I?
You need a safe space? Maybe some Play Doh to squish around in your tiny hands?

I only need you to squish around in my hands, you macho meat boy!

Bring those big manly hands on over here!

Let’s create a safe space together.

#12031 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I only need you to squish around in my hands, you macho meat boy!
Bring those big manly hands on over here!
Let’s create a safe space together.

Uhhh...yeah.

About those games this weekend...

#12032 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Uhhh...yeah.

I had to double-check to make sure I was in the right forum for a second.

#12033 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Uhhh...yeah.

Pats at KC cause Reid always chokes and pats can deal with the cold. Also the patriots went to the White House which we all know guarantees victory.

Saints vs rams because they are at home and that place is super loud. I went o a couple playoff games in 2009 and it was the loudest place I’ve been.

I would like to see KC vs the Saints in the super bowl.

#12034 5 years ago
FB_IMG_1547489349176 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1547489349176 (resized).jpg
#12035 5 years ago
chiefs (resized).jpgchiefs (resized).jpg
#12037 5 years ago

I want the Chiefs to win but I almost don't care anymore. Brady/Bellicheck is something that I don't think will ever be seen again and it's just amazing.
Does any sport just have a rock solid lock for best player ever? Because that's what this is going to end up...just videa game shit.

#12038 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Does any sport just have a rock solid lock for best player ever? Because that's what this is going to end up...just videa game shit.

Do those video games use cheat codes? Because that's what we're dealing with here. Jordan and Lebron never cheated. Lemieux and Gretzky never cheated. Mays, Mantle, Ruth, Aaron never cheated.

#12039 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Do those video games use cheat codes? Because that's what we're dealing with here. Jordan and Lebron never cheated. Lemieux and Gretzky never cheated. Mays, Mantle, Ruth, Aaron never cheated.

Laughable and revisionist.

How do you know they "never cheated?"

Ruth was probably drunk half the time. Mickey was drunk ALL the time. God knows what any of these old timey players got away with.

Yeah we all hate the patriots. The idea that they've been to 8 straight AFC championships because "they cheated" is just sad and pathetic.

Everybody "cheats." When it's not the patriots it's considered cute and funny and "part of the game", like throwing a spitball.

I wish the Redskins were as good at "cheating" as the Pats, but unfortunately they are run by complete morons.

#12040 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Basically 2 popular arguments to be made in basketball. Golf has 2. Hockey is largely agreed upon.

I think NFL has more arguments to be made than pretty much any other sport I can think of. I think Brady is a good QB that has been elevated by the best coach of the modern era.

#12041 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I think Brady is a good QB that has been elevated by the best coach of the modern era.

Right, a coach who has also won ZERO without Brady and was a failure in Cleveland.

Will be interesting to see if Bill is still such a genius when Brady finally retires. If he's smart he'll hang 'em up the same day.

#12042 5 years ago

Basically 2 popular arguments to be made in basketball. Golf has 2. Hockey is largely agreed upon.
I think NFL has more arguments to be made than pretty much any other sport I can think of. I think Brady is a good QB that has been elevated by the best coach of the modern era.

Hmmm....
Basketball has 4+ people. Whatever you're thinking the 2 are someone will add Bill Russel..the original Brady-ish run!
Hockey will still have a shitload of people say Bobby Orr. Gordie will always come up because he's such an Alpha.
Golf is probably the closest yeah.

I think Brady is a good QB that has been elevated by the best coach of the modern era.

I literally typed then deleted that the biggest knock on Brady would come from Pack fans

#12043 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right, a coach who has also won ZERO without Brady and was a failure in Cleveland.
Will be interesting to see if Bill is still such a genius when Brady finally retires. If he's smart he'll hang 'em up the same day.

But which coach isn't a failure in Cleveland?

Edit: he was 36-44 at Cleveland and they went 11-5 the season before he was fired.

#12044 5 years ago

You can't have a best QB ever without a best coach ever...it just doesn't happen and everyone at the mountain(t) top has a coach with them.
(other than Warren Moon)

#12045 5 years ago

I will admit that whats the pats have done is amazing, but that doesn't help me as a Cowboys fan. Im ready for someone else (preferably...the Cowboys) to win.

Football is an incredibly complex sport, and it is impossible to say which player is the "best," what would happen without a certain coach, etc. There are just so many factors involved.

#12046 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

But which coach isn't a failure in Cleveland?

Gregg Williams.

So they fire him.

#12047 5 years ago

Yeah he didn't do great in Cleveland, but he made adjustments just like he always does. He also went 11-5 with Matt Cassell. They're both important pieces to the puzzle, but I think Belichick can do well with another top 10 QB.

#12048 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You can't have a best QB ever without a best coach ever...it just doesn't happen and everyone at the mountain(t) top has a coach with them.

All I wanna say is Joe Gibbs. Greatest coach in NFL History.

Only coach to win with three different QBs, and mediocre QBs at that.

Anybody can win a super bowl with Tom Brady. Let's see you try to do it with Mark Rypien.

#12049 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Football is an incredibly complex sport, and it is impossible to say which player is the "best," what would happen without a certain coach, etc.

He's already the best QB by far, unless people are being stubborn(stupid).
He's the best at his position that is the most important position.

The only true knock on him is another dominant dynasty...but there have been some other great teams during that time...and the amount of time is just crazy.

#12050 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Gregg Williams.
So they fire him.

Corrected for Williams 5-3

He still has the stink of bounty gate on him thanks to our crappy NFL commish.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/241?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.