giphy (1).gif
nfl films 1970 (resized).png
IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
so-shatto-is-dealing-late-burns-to-the-49ers-v0-kr4yigcvzdpc1.png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,316 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 1,507.
#11651 5 years ago

Foles ties an NFL single game pass completion record at 25 consecutive. On the 26th he threw it just behind receiver. Oh well - TD on next play, i’ll take it!!

#11652 5 years ago

For all the Eagles fan from a Vikings fan, you're welcome. That's two straight years of laying down. Enjoy the trip to Soldier Field.

Also, 38-7.

#11653 5 years ago

Well the results are officially in.

Routing for the browns felt 100% like routing for the Lions.

#11654 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

For all the Eagles fan from a Vikings fan, you're welcome. That's two straight years of laying down. Enjoy the trip to Soldier Field.
Also, 38-7.

I think it is the Bears they have to thank

Sorry you guys are out. Honestly would much rather not be playing the eagles. I don't care which QB they use, they all have the ability to be very tough.

Was nice seeing the bears socondary d work hard at the end and show the depth of the D

#11655 5 years ago

Back to the playoffs baby!!!

Signed,
A Guy from the Philly suburbs

#11656 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Signed,

Go Chicago!

#11657 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Signed,

I said they were going to end the season strong and have a chance as the second wild card and Crazy Levi thought I was the crazy one. Beating Chicago won't be easy, but I think they have a decent shot.

I also said that both the Chiefs and Chargers would lose last week which they did. After the Ravens beat the Chargers next week, they will go on to beat the Chefs and Patriots.

#11658 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well the results are officially in.
Routing for the browns felt 100% like routing for the Lions.

Steelers out. Beautiful thing.

Future looks bright for Cleveland. Should be some interesting games in the AFC North next season.

#11659 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Also, 38-7.

"38-7"?

Is that how much the Eagles are going to win by?

#11660 5 years ago

The Eagles beat the Vikings in the NFC Conf Championship 38 to 7 last season.

#11661 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

The Eagles beat the Vikings in the NFC Conf Championship 38 to 7 last season.

Gotcha. Eagles are hot right now. Hoping for a road upset at Soldier Field.

#11662 5 years ago

Gotta say it made it alot easier to lick the wounds of a wasted season as a Packers fan watching Minnesota blow their season up like they always seem to do and in their own barn none the less. Thank you now someone please eliminate Chicago.

#11663 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Gotta say it made it alot easier to lick the wounds of a wasted season as a Packers fan watching Minnesota blow their season up like they always seem to do and in their own barn none the less. Thank you now someone please eliminate Chicago.

Rams will get their revenge in the coliseum. Then they'll beat Seattle to go to the SuperBowl.

#11664 5 years ago

Just saw the Bears don't pick until #91 in the 2019 draft. Four total picks in seven rounds.

Ouch.

#11665 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Just saw the Bears don't pick until #91 in the 2019 draft. Four total picks in seven rounds.
Ouch.

It was worth it.

#11666 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Should be some interesting games in the AFC North next season.

Man you could have 3 super solid teams.

At least we'll all have Cinci to kick around.

#11667 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Rams will get their revenge in the coliseum. Then they'll beat Seattle to go to the SuperBowl.

I don't see Seattle getting past the Aint's at home. That team will be hard to beat down in the big easy. Wonder if they would have a decent fan showing in the Super bowl with it being so close as well.

#11668 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I don't see Seattle getting past the Aint's at home. That team will be hard to beat down in the big easy. Wonder if they would have a decent fan showing in the Super bowl with it being so close as well.

Pittsburgh barely got by the lowly bengals at home with the bengals having nothing to play for and the steelers everything to play for. The steelers should have beaten the aints at the super dome. The aints haven't looked right for 3 weeks. Frankly, don't be surprised if the Ravens meet the Rams or Bears in the Super Bowl.

#11669 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Pittsburgh barely got by the lowly bengals at home with the bengals having nothing to play for and the steelers everything to play for. The steelers should have beaten the aints at the super dome. The aints haven't looked right for 3 weeks. Frankly, don't be surprised if the Ravens meet the Rams or Bears in the Super Bowl.

Yeah I know they haven't been looking right but I just can't see either Dallas , Seattle or Philly staying with them. I just think they would be outclassed going on the road there. Playoff hype and all that's a tough place to play they haven't lost down there in the postseason since like the 90s or some shit? That number 1 seed was huge for them.

#11670 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

And dont forget that those "lowly Bengals” are fielding basically a 3rd string team right now because of all the injuries they have. Glad Shitsburgh is not going to the playoffs and im also glad that Cleveland lost too because i hate Baker Mayfields punk ass with a passion!

#11671 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Ouch.

If you paid attention to the Bears (and you obviously obsess over them), then you would know the trades they made to get rid of draft picks are much better than they would have even picked in the draft.

Bears have money to spend and plenty of roster to use to trade up if they want. They were even smart enough to play the secondary D yesterday just to increase their value to others looking to buy. Funny part is that 2018 is just a rebuilding year for the Bears. They made the playoffs and are the real underdog (despite the vegas odds), so everything else is gravy at this stage.

#11672 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you paid attention to the Bears (and you obviously obsess over them), then you would know the trades they made to get rid of draft picks are much better than they would have even picked in the draft.
Bears have money to spend and plenty of roster to use to trade up if they want. They were even smart enough to play the secondary D yesterday just to increase their value to others looking to buy. Funny part is that 2018 is just a rebuilding year for the Bears. They made the playoffs and are the real underdog (despite the vegas odds), so everything else is gravy at this stage.

"Money to spend"? You ARE aware that there is a salary cap in the NFL, right? They just spent $140 million on ONE GUY! If this were baseball, I'd say have at it. But this ain't baseball. And you better hope Mack stays healthy for the rest of his career.

Go Eagles/Rams/Saints/Cowboys/Seahawks/Chiefs/
Patriots/Ravens/Colts/Texans/Chargers!

#11673 5 years ago

Boooooo. I’m feeling 28-21 Birds victory...even if Sudfeld is playing.

#11674 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Pittsburgh barely got by the lowly bengals at home with the bengals having nothing to play for and the steelers everything to play for. The steelers should have beaten the aints at the super dome.

That's the sports equivalent to a cargument.
If you want to say that then why not point out Seattle needed a last second FG to beat a 3-13 team...at home?

The Saints haven't looked like the team scoring 40 points every game but, to revert to old tropes for the playoffs, they've won the close gritty games they had to pull out late.

I'd pick the Saints but Russel Wilson never surprises me, he could pull it off.

#11675 5 years ago

Marvin is gone now lets work on getting Jim Harbaugh out of Michigan and in Cincy!! Hopefully if they keep Hue Jackson Mike Brown won't be stupid enough to make him head coach. Personally I think he will have to move on now that Marvin is gone...…...just the sound, so sweet.

#11676 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Marvin is gone now lets work on getting Jim Harbaugh out of Michigan and in Cincy!!

Oh wow I didn't see that...I assumed they'd keep him forever; good for you guys.
I don't think there's any possible way you could get Harbaugh. He's licking his chops with Meyer out of OSU thinking (incorrectly) he can beat them next year.
And I don't think they could pay him enough to go to a tough division where he's set up to lose for a couple of years. But hey, stranger things have happened for sure.

#11677 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'd pick the Saints but Russel Wilson never surprises me, he could pull it off.

I’d almost agree with that, but Russell hasn’t had the same surprise come back power that he’s had in previous years.

#11678 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And I don't think they could pay him enough to go to a tough division where he's set up to lose for a couple of years. But hey, stranger things have happened for sure.

He'd be playing against his brother in Baltimore, could be good...…. he's not likely to see Ohio State again, he's all but done in Michigan with the bowl bashing and OSU ass whipping this season. I could live with Vance Joseph if Denver cans him.

#11679 5 years ago

On to Dallas! I like our chances...

#11680 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

He'd be playing against his brother in Baltimore, could be good...…. he's not likely to see Ohio State again, he's all but done in Michigan with the bowl bashing and OSU ass whipping this season.

Oh I agree the brothers thing is the best & most legit angle.

We'll wait on that one but I don't see any reason he'd be leaving here. He still has tens of millions to collect and they sure as shit aren't going to fire him; not how they work.
Harbaugh has a massive ego...there's no way he's going to leave when he sees a chance to beat OSU this year.

EDIT:

IN other news...

"Raiders will hire Mike Mayock as general manager"

Boy this seems like it's getting worse and worse...I love it. Whom's going to be the QB coach, Rich Eisen?

#11681 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

On to Dallas! I like our chances...

The seahawks are going down!

#11682 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We'll wait on that one but I don't see any reason he'd be leaving here. He still has tens of millions to collect and they sure as shit aren't going to fire him; not how they work.
Harbaugh has a massive ego...there's no way he's going to leave when he sees a chance to beat OSU this year.

I could also see Arizona as a landing spot for him. He hates Pete Carroll and loves having the chance to beat him.

#11683 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We'll wait on that one but I don't see any reason he'd be leaving here.

Everything I read on the sports sites indicate the fan base is calling for his ouster. You may be right though as they do have a shit load of money invested in him. Hey but lets be honest this was his best season...….has not been impressive.

Vance Joseph out in Denver so lets see if Mike bites.

The raiders ownership, entire operations should be drug tested lol, crack heads make better decisions, can anyone say Gruden.

#11684 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Everything I read on the sports sites indicate the fan base is calling for his ouster. You may be right though as they do have a shit load of money invested in him.

I haven't heard much close to the action (aka being in the same town but having 0 connections )
They waited forever to get him and had to go through the complete dismantling of their image and history hearing 2 iffy coaches...if there was a super candidate out there maybe...but he's their guy.

Michigan is all aboot excuses. Their had D players sit out for the NFL...they'll use that. What's their excuse for OSU lose? No idea...but they'll come up with something.
It's really annoying the first 43 years.

Quoted from RWH:

Hey but lets be honest this was his best season...….has not been impressive.

God I know...it's been the best 10 sports year of my life.

#11685 5 years ago

Funny to watch those Steelers players watching on their screen the last drive by Mayfield n the Browns..I’m looking forward to seeing who advances n stays healthy for the playoffs...all good match ups, not like last nights game..Gabbert?! I have my boy Mahomes for mvp, but would gladly take 3 wins this postseason instead!! Go chefs...

#11686 5 years ago
SWEDISH-CHEF-psd71677 (resized).pngSWEDISH-CHEF-psd71677 (resized).png
#11687 5 years ago

Where the hell are NFL teams going to get a head coach...…… Vance Joseph and I hate to say it, Marvin Lewis may be the best available.

#11688 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Where the hell are NFL teams going to get a head coach...…… Vance Joseph and I hate to say it, Marvin Lewis may be the best available.

Oh man Lewis to Green Bay would be hilarious.

Eric Bienemy? Vic Fangio?

#11689 5 years ago

I like adam gase. He made Cutler look good. He also did OK with Miami, which is just a shitty franchise.

#11690 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I like adam gase. He made Cutler look good. He also did OK with Miami, which is just a shitty franchise.

Strange to can him so quickly. I thought they did as well as could be expected this year. Maybe more there than meets the eye?

#11691 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Hah! I’ll be impressed if Lewis gets another gig right away. His history of choking is very well established. At least Joseph has the excuse of being new, but his instincts are suspect.

I think teams will be looking to successful assistants, as usual.

#11692 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Marvin Lewis may be the best available.

That is sad. Mackadoo is available.

#11693 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

EDIT:
IN other news...
"Raiders will hire Mike Mayock as general manager"
Boy this seems like it's getting worse and worse...I love it. Whom's going to be the QB coach, Rich Eisen?

Rich Eisen is on their short list for Strength and Conditioning coach. I mean did you not see how hard that man has trained over the years improving his 40 times.

#11694 5 years ago

Who are my fellow Packer fans rooting for as the next coach

Dan Campbell has been requested for an interview which I think that guy would be an awesome coach to bring some edge to a poor effort team. Jack Del Rio is out there somewhere too and I think it would be a good fit. Kinda screwed up how they fired him with Carr being hurt most the year for Gruden... That's going over well.

#11695 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Marvin is gone now lets work on getting Jim Harbaugh out of Michigan and in Cincy!! Hopefully if they keep Hue Jackson Mike Brown won't be stupid enough to make him head coach. Personally I think he will have to move on now that Marvin is gone...…...just the sound, so sweet.

Call me crazy, but i like Marvin Lewis and i have a great deal of respect for him. I think the man understands football and i think he has a good eye for talent. I do think he would be a better GM than a coach though or maybe like a defensive coach.

A lot of people calling for Marvins job are young people that dont know shit. I mean if Mike Brown would go after a proven coach then id probably be ok with letting Marvin go, but he will hire someone like Hue Jackson because he can be gotten cheap or someone who is unknown and a gamble. Brown is never going to hire a high profile coach.

I hate to say it but i think that getting rid of Marvin is going to be a bad thing more than it is a good thing. All of these young guys wanting Marvin fired are probably getting ready to find out what its like to go 3-13 and 4-12 for many years in a row. They might be thinking ole Marvin wasnt so bad after all about 5 years from now.

#11696 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Call me crazy, but i like Marvin Lewis and i have a great deal of respect for him. I think the man understands football and i think he has a good eye for talent. I do think he would be a better GM than a coach though or maybe like a defensive coach.

I have all the respect for Marvin in the world. I've said it in this thread more than a few times that he did more for Cincy as a coach than most NFL coaches. Marvin changed the culture in Cincy and built a competitive and talented football team. I just think it's time to move on, Marvin has done all that he can and if Cincy is to continue to get better as a franchise they need the change. Marvin was great and he did a fabulous job in Cincy and I wish him the best.

#11697 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I have all the respect for Marvin in the world. I've said it in this thread more than a few times that he did more for Cincy as a coach than most NFL coaches. Marvin changed the culture in Cincy and built a competitive and talented football team. I just think it's time to move on, Marvin has done all that he can and if Cincy is to continue to get better as a franchise they need the change. Marvin was great and he did a fabulous job in Cincy and I wish him the best.

All of that is true but its hard to get better when you have Mike Brown as your owner unfortunately. He just got lucky when he hired Marvin. I give him an F- on everything else he has ever done.

#11698 5 years ago

"Rapelisberger" to Tomlin ( AB84 or me next season ) Steelers are having big problems.

#11699 5 years ago

ehehehehehehe

#11700 5 years ago

Which teams are you guys pulling for to win in the upcoming play-offs?
The home team is favored to win in each of these four games.

Sat wildcard games:
Colts play at Houston. Texans are favored by 1 to 1-1/2 points.
Seahawks play at Dallas. Cowboys are favored by 1 to 2 points.
Sun wildcard games:
Chargers at Baltimore. Ravens are favored by 2-1/2 points.
Eagles at Chicago. Bears are favored by 5-1/2 to 6 points.

Doesn't matter to me if Colts or Texans win.

For the Seahawks vs Cowboys game, I can't make myself really cheer for either team. Guess I will root for them to both play a great, tough, physical game, that goes into overtime, and to wear each other out, and give the fans a heck of a game for their money. One good thing about this game is that one of these teams will be eliminated.

Nothing against the Ravens, but I'll be pulling for the Chargers to win and advance. Go Chargers!

Gonna pull for the Bears to win at home in Chicago at Soldier Field. Could have been an epic play-off game if it were to snow a lot, but the weather forecast for late Sun afternoon in Chicago actually looks pretty good, with temps in the low 40's dropping to high 30's.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
There are 75,316 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/234 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.