nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,762 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 1,516.
#11451 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Im pumped! Going to the bears game on sunday. Bought tics at begining of the season and surprising my bro.
Been a bucket list to see bears v pack at solider. Hopefully cliches the division! Gonna be a great game no matter what!

Nice! Enjoy it. I made the trip once, and got to see this one.

packers-bears-storyimage960 (resized).jpgpackers-bears-storyimage960 (resized).jpg
#11452 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They cut your brothers Schwantz
Guess I was right with the bad touch
Seriously Wtf is happening here?

You sure you were born in '75? Come on man. You can go a little higher brow than that.

#11453 5 years ago

looks like vicj66 lit a fire under this thread!

#11454 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Nice! Enjoy it. I made the trip once, and got to see this one.[quoted image]

I was at this one.

1.0_828359_ver1.0_640_360 (resized).jpg1.0_828359_ver1.0_640_360 (resized).jpg
#11455 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But aren't most of your local friends drunken dumbasses? I mean aren't a lot of all of our friends? I'd wonder if it's a Midwestern thing (I'm extending an olive branch to Cincinnati which is basically the fucking Walmart of midwest), but old drunk vicjw66 rocking the lifestyle too.

Yeah a lot of them are for sure. Its not as bad as it used to be though. It wasn't all that long ago that we were all a bunch of drunken dumbasses. I don't think i was ever sober in the 80's or 90's come to think about it.

Ole Vicj is good people though, i like him!

#11456 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't feel so bad about being a Chargers fan anymore.

You should

#11457 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

looks like vicj66 lit a fire under this thread!

Just wait until the playoffs when I rage quit this thread.

#11458 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Im pumped! Going to the bears game on sunday. Bought tics at begining of the season and surprising my bro.

Well, in the playoffs if they have to come to LA to play the Rams, I'll pray for snow, how's that? Or at least some chilly weather.

Heck, it could be 90 degrees out and the Bears will probably still whomp their ass.

#11459 5 years ago

Checking the schedule, we have 2 Saturday games each of the next 2 weekends. I love Saturday NFL football.

Unfortunately, I have in-law Christmas this weekend. I'll be stuck at my mother-in-law's house, where the average house temp is right about 80*, and the only decent TV is dominated by hallmark xmas movies.

#11460 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Been a bucket list to see bears v pack at solider. Hopefully cliches the division! Gonna be a great game no matter what!

That's awesome nothing like a December game with your brother.

My bothers and I usually go to a couple cleveland sports events a year.

my one brother has been to all but one NFL stadium for a game in the last ten years or so. It was gonna be Pittsburgh but he didn't want to end there so it's Seattle next year.

I went on a few of the trips, I might try to go. I know there is pinball out there plus it's one of the few states I haven't been to yet

#11461 5 years ago

Checking the schedule, we have there are 2 Saturday games the next 2 weekends. I love Saturday NFL football.
Unfortunately, I have in-law Christmas this weekend. I'll be stuck at my mother-in-law's house, where the average house temp is right about 80*, and the only decent TV is dominated by hallmark xmas movies.

That doesnt sound good Deacon. Maybe you can sweet talk her and she will let you watch the game? If that doesn't work just say listen you old hag, i dont even wanna be here but since i have to be im watching the MF Packers game!!

#11462 5 years ago

Ha! Yeah, the Packer game will be on for sure, but I can be pretty picky about who I watch games with, so it's still less than ideal. I'll find a way to watch the other games, even if it means holing up in a bedroom by myself. Actually, that doesn't sound bad at all...

#11463 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:Checking the schedule, we have there are 2 Saturday games the next 2 weekends. I love Saturday NFL football.

I feel your pain. My uncles annual Xmas party is this Saturday and tv is not allowed. He lives in the Hollywood hills so it’s either really cold outside or an oven inside. I have to constantly go in and out to alternately warm up/cool down.

#11464 5 years ago

Nice! Enjoy it. I made the trip once, and got to see this one.[quoted image]

Quoted from WolfManCat:

I was at this one. [quoted image]

I was at this one
IMG_5995 (resized).jpgIMG_5995 (resized).jpg

Quoted from timtim:

so it's Seattle next year.

Nice stadium. Been there twice but honestly the noise level thing is a bit of a myth. In the stands anyway.

#11465 5 years ago
ff7e96c2-78f9-467b-84cb-ffb298c007e6_500 (resized).jpgff7e96c2-78f9-467b-84cb-ffb298c007e6_500 (resized).jpg
#11466 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I was at this one
[quoted image]

Nice stadium. Been there twice but honestly the noise level thing is a bit of a myth. In the stands anyway.

Not sure where you were sitting exactly or what game you were there for but its been my experience (over 20 games in the lower seats) the sound level has left my ears ringing every time.

#11467 5 years ago

That's superbowl XL.

#11468 5 years ago

I have a feeling that we are gonna be in for a good SB this year. The NFC Championship game between the Rams and Saints will be like a SB in itself, and then when the winner of that game meets the Chiefs in the SB its going to be a real barn burner!

#11469 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Not sure where you were sitting exactly or what game you were there for but its been my experience (over 20 games in the lower seats) the sound level has left my ears ringing every time.

I think both times we were facing the endzone looking towards baseball field, once I was in a sort of mid level suite and the other lower than that. Hey I guess the diff'rence at that point is all pretty close and they're all loud. I'm sure by the time you get to the field it's super loud, and they have the penalties to prove it.

Oh boy...we remember what happened next
IMG_1192 (resized).JPGIMG_1192 (resized).JPG

#11470 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I took him to a bears v den game a few years ago (he lives in denver area so his second team). Unfortunately manning got hurt so oswiler sp.? Was playing. We were also sitiing 300 level for that one. This one we are doing the 20yd line front row. Should be fun. Can't wait to see the look on his face when i take him!

Gonna hold a sign that says "Hi Pinside!"?

#11471 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

It is so different in Florida. The fans make little noise and at Jags games half of the fans wear the opposing teams' jerseys, not to mention all the empty seats.

#11472 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

It is so different in Florida. The fans make little noise and at Jags games half of the fans wear the opposing teams' jerseys, not to mention all the empty seats.

Pro teams in Florida are in a weird situation. In the US over half the population has never lived anywhere but their home state. But Florida's population is like 2/3's from elsewhere. That must make it tough to win fans over, especially when the product is typically bad.

The only Florida stadium I recall in the last decade that had an electric atmosphere was when the Heat had Lebron.

#11473 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Florida's population is like 2/3's from elsewhere. That must make it tough to win fans over, especially when the product is typically bad.

Ever been to Ca?

We not only get all the rejects from all the other states and countries, but other planets as well.

#11474 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Bears are favored by 5-1/2 to 6 points.
That will be one of the few good match-ups this weekend.
The weather forecast is actually pretty good for mid Dec in Chicago. Would be more exciting if it would be snowing during the game.

Browns at Denver game on Sat night could be a good game. It's a "must win" for both teams.
Broncos are only favored by 3 points at home. Maybe the Browns win again. Go Browns!
Neither team will make the play-offs imho, as both teams are on life-support trying to make the play-offs, and probably need help from certain other AFC teams losing. That would be awesome if both the Steelers and Ravens were to lose on Sun, and the Browns were to win.

The Thur night game, Chargers at K.C. should be a good game. Important AFC West game. Chiefs are favored by 3-1/2 points.
I like both teams and want both teams to win. Hey, maybe they will end in a tie.

The Mon night game, Saints at Carolina, could be a good game. The Panthers need the win worse than the Saints do, but the Saints are trying to get a bye in the play-offs, and are trying to get home field advantage in the play-offs. Even though the Panthers have lost 5 games in a row lately, they are still trying for the 2nd NFC wildcard spot.

#11475 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Browns at Denver game on Sat night could be a good game. It's a "must win" for both teams.
Broncos are only favored by 3 points at home. Maybe the Browns win again. Go Browns!
Neither team will make the play-offs imho, as both teams are on life-support trying to make the play-offs, and probably need help from certain other AFC teams losing. That would be awesome if both the Steelers and Ravens were to lose on Sun, and the Browns were to win.

Broncos aren’t mathematically eliminated but their season is over, no realistic chance even if they win out (and hard to see them doing that with the injury situation). Was a fun dream for a few weeks, but time to start thinking about next season.

Of course the coach is still playing for his job, and the players still have pride, so a loss to the Browns would be demoralizing. But I guess the Browns still have something to play for?

#11476 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

The Thur night game, Chargers at K.C. should be a good game. Important AFC West game. Chiefs are favored by 3-1/2 points.
I like both teams and want both teams to win. Hey, maybe they will end in a tie.

Even if the Chargers win, the Chiefs still hold the tiebreaker in the division. That's not going to stop the Chargers from playing their game and trying to win out.

And if the best they come out of it is hosting a wild card game, then so be it. A bye week is always nice, but the Bolts have showed they can win on the road to. They don't really have a home yet anyway.

#11477 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They don't really have a home yet anyway.

What do you mean yet. They’re going to rent from the Rams like the Clippers rent from the Lakers. They will be playing in the Rams home kinda like Harry Potter lives under the staircase in his uncle’s house.

#11478 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

They’re going to rent from the Rams like the Clippers rent from the Lakers. They will be playing in the Rams home kinda like Harry Potter plays under the staircase in his uncle’s house.

That's the only way the Rams will be able to pay for the stadium because they sure won't be able to keep the place filled themselves. Especially if they keep on choking like they did last weekend. Oh, that wasn't really a choke, they just came up against a way better team.

#11479 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's the only way the Rams will be able to pay for the stadium because they sure won't be able to keep the place filled themselves. Especially if they keep on choking like they did last weekend. Oh, that wasn't really a choke, they just came up against a way better team.

#11480 5 years ago

Saved for posterities sake? lol

#11481 5 years ago

Nice try. But you know this to be false.

#11482 5 years ago

Whatever happens, there is always that one constant in decades of LA sports. That soothing after game voice of Jim Hill.

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg
#11483 5 years ago

Fantasy playoffs start for me tonight. I actually did well enough to get a bye in all 3 of my leagues! I have a decision for my flex spot, any opinions?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#11484 5 years ago

Fantasy playoffs start for me tonight. I actually did well enough to get a bye in all 3 of my leagues! I have a decision for my flex spot, any opinions?
[quoted image]

Oh, sweet Jesus. Fantasy football talk.

Is there anything worse?

#11485 5 years ago

Posting to complain about it?

Just looking for a little advice on one spot. Normally I wouldn't dirty up our otherwise immaculately thoughtful thread.

#11486 5 years ago

FF discussions are the absolute worst.

#11487 5 years ago

Is there a game tonight?

#11488 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is there a game tonight?

Yes the chargers are scheduled to lose to the Chiefs to tonight.
Well, it probably starts in like 2 hours out there so good thing you're still drunk

#11489 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes the chargers are scheduled to lose to the Chiefs to tonight.
Well, it probably starts in like 2 hours out there so good thing you're still drunk

I'll probably start over when I get home. No work tomorrow as if that really matters.

The fact that the Chargers winning without the Chiefs losing another game almost makes it meaningless, except for the fact they might have to go there and do it again makes it all the more interesting.

#11490 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

FF discussions are the absolute worst.

They really are.

Let's be clear:

Nobody on Earth gives a shit about your fantasy football team besides you.

#11491 5 years ago

Posting to complain about it?
Just looking for a little advice on one spot. Normally I wouldn't dirty up our otherwise immaculately thoughtful thread.

I would say, you should do everything you can to pick up cohen this week. Grab mack while you are at it

#11492 5 years ago

What is fantasy football?

Is that where the Browns win a Super Bowl?

#11493 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is that where the Browns win a Super Bowl?

Browns jokes?

Amateur hour.

#11494 5 years ago

Is that where an LA team makes it to the Super Bowl?

#11495 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would say, you should do everything you can to pick up cohen this week.

I think that guy is going to prison.

How about a bet? I'll take Packers +6. If you win I'll donate $20 to your charity of choice. If I win you can never use the word "dibs" again.

#11496 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is that where an LA team makes it to the Super Bowl?

If I win this week, Rivers will, though probably on my bench.

#11497 5 years ago

I think that guy is going to prison.
How about a bet? I'll take Packers +6. If you win I'll donate $20 to your charity of choice. If I win you can never use the word "dibs" again.

Sorry, not worth it...

Dibs on every game you currently own also!

I also don't bet the spread.

#11498 5 years ago

That's why I only live ten minutes from work, so I can race home and see that. Ouch!

#11499 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's why I only live ten minutes from work, so I can race home and see that. Ouch!

Your going to need a bigger beer!

#11500 5 years ago

Looks like i'll be crackin' the Jack by halftime.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,762 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/230 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.