tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
436537586_10224867727456020_9063380137916814163_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,676 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 1,514.
#11251 5 years ago

this thread should be on the last floor in the basement.
kneel!

#11252 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

this thread should be on the last floor in the basement.
kneel!

Huh?

You beta males make no sense.

#11253 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Dick Lebeau , great defensive coach

debatable

#11254 5 years ago

This might be a good time to mention that one of Robin's many enhancements/changes to Pinside over the past few years allows us to change how we voted in polls. This NFL thread even has an old poll in it.

#11255 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

This might be a good time to mention that one of Robin's many enhancements/changes to Pinside over the past few years allows us to change how we voted in polls. This NFL thread even has an old poll in it.

I forgot what I voted for back then so I thought I would update my selection to how I currently feel. Turns out my vote back then is the same as it would be today. Hilton nut punch. I miss the back and forth between him and Centerflank.

#11256 5 years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing which 6 and 6 teams in the AFC (Dolphins, Colts, Titans, & Broncos) this coming Thur to Sun are going to play hard and win, and show that they want to grab the 2nd AFC Wildcard spot. Or are they all just gonna let the Chargers and Ravens be the wildcard teams.

Seems like Steelers will win their division, but it would not surprise me if the Ravens win the AFC North.
Baltimore is at 7 and 5, and the Steelers are at 7 - 4, & 1. Both teams should win at least 2 of their remaining 4 games.
On Sun Dec 9th, the Ravens play at K.C, with the Chiefs favored by 6-1/2 points.
The Steelers play at Oakland, with Steelers favored by 10-1/2 points.

I'm still pulling for the Chiefs, Chargers, and Dolphins to make the play-offs on the AFC side.
Not looking good for the Dolphins to get a wildcard spot though.
They can probably beat the Jags at home on Dec 23rd, but can they
also win 2 of 3 vs: the Patriots, @ Minn, -and- @ Buffalo out in the cold on Dec 30th?

The Colts don't have it easy on their upcoming last 4 games to grab a wildcard spot.
Probably need to win at least 3 of next 4 games: @ Houston, then vs Cowgirls (who have now won 4 in a row and have their confidence up), then at home vs the Giants, and finish up at the Titans who they smoked back in Nov.

#11257 5 years ago
image000000 (resized).jpgimage000000 (resized).jpg
#11258 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I forgot what I voted for back then so I thought I would update my selection to how I currently feel. Turns out my vote back then is the same as it would be today. Hilton nut punch. I miss the back and forth between him and Centerflank.

you still haven't told me your team of choice...

#11259 5 years ago
Quoted from Stuart_Pitt9876:

you still haven't told me your team of choice...

Sure I did. You must have missed it.
Post 11174

Although my location should have given you a clue. I'm not one of those tools that like a team 2000 miles away over my own city's team where I was born and grew up.

#11260 5 years ago

I had mentioned things can change from week to week, and I believe Phillip Rivers now has as good a shot as anybody to be league MVP this year.

The old man has been playing amazingly and has still never missed a start in his entire career. And the Chargers are now winning games they might normally lose. I can only hope it continues.

#11261 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I can only hope it continues.

Why? Are you one of the three charger fans out there? You really are a contrarian aren't you? They'll win a super bowl right after the clippers win an NBA title.

It would be funny if they did win a Super Bowl. Where would they have the parade? Noone would go to it, and it would just piss of all Angelinos that the roads were blocked off and caused more traffic than usual.

#11262 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Why? Are you one of the three charger fans out there? You really are a contrarian aren't you?

I grew up in So Cal and they are the only team that didn't come from somewhere else, or felt the need to leave the region for decades and then come back.

So yeah, I support the only true home team we have.

#11263 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I grew up in So Cal and they are the only team that didn't come from somewhere else, or felt the need to leave the region for decades and then come back.

Hahha. Ask San Diego about that.

#11264 5 years ago

The Rams are our true home team. The Dodgers are our true home team. The Kings are our true home team. The Lakers are our true home team. The others are interlopers that need to GTFO. You sir, are a contrarian for contrarian's sake. I get it though. OC is Socals red headed stepchild.

#11265 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's a weird thing to say considering they just left San Diego and came to LA, where nobody seems to want them.

#11266 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Sure I did. You must have missed it.
Post 11174
Although my location should have given you a clue. I'm not one of those tools that like a team 2000 miles away over my own city's team where I was born and grew up.

What's the countdown at for when the Rams move out of L.A.....again?

#11267 5 years ago
Quoted from Stuart_Pitt9876:

What's the countdown at for when the Rams move out of L.A.....again?

When Kronke dumps his Walmart heiress for a vegas stripper, she has him killed by drowning him in the ocean, then moves the team. Duh?

#11268 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The Rams are our true home team.

....until they leave for St. Louis

#11269 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Hahha. Ask San Diego about that.

They are still a lot closer to San Diego than any fans from Cleveland are to their Rams once they moved to Los Angeles.

Or Anaheim. Or even St. Louis. Or back to Los Angeles again.

#11270 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It would be funny if they did win a Super Bowl. Where would they have the parade? Noone would go to it

Damn right he would.

3456146E-D0D3-4077-A519-96CA65149F32 (resized).jpeg3456146E-D0D3-4077-A519-96CA65149F32 (resized).jpeg
#11271 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Damn right he would.[quoted image]

I'm sure Dan Fouts would be there too. Heck, he might even get to announce the game. I'd let him.

gettyimages-2368282-e1520553238823 (resized).jpggettyimages-2368282-e1520553238823 (resized).jpg
#11272 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Damn right he would.[quoted image]

He and Odin and the homeless that they couldn't clear off the parade route. Haha I can actually picture them holding up their little cardboard signs saying "L.A. Loves the Chargers" while being accosted by people asking if they got any spare change.

#11273 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm sure Dan Fouts would be there too. Heck, he might even get to announce the game. I'd let him.[quoted image]

That guy was fun to watch growing up. I could always count on him to fall just short in the end. And now there's Rivers. Funny how some things never change.

#11274 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

OC is Socals red headed stepchild.

Funny, as wasn't that the Rams third stop on their nationwide tour?

#11275 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

That guy was fun to watch growing up. You could always count on him to fall just short in the end. And now there's Rivers. Funny how some things never change.

Sure but you had Pat Haden, Vince Farragamo, and Jim Everett. And who was that other guy, Dieter Brock?

I'll take Fouts and Rivers over any of those guys.

#11276 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Funny, as wasn't that the Rams third stop on their nationwide tour?

Quoted from o-din:

Sure but you had Pat Haden, Vince Farragamo, and Jim Everett. And who was that other guy, Dieter Brock?
I'll take Fouts and Rivers over any of those guys.

Hey, we're talking about the Chargers here. Sure Pat Haden and Dieter Brock sucked, but the other guys showed flashes of greatness. They just had a shit owner. I never said I liked Rams ownership growing up. You surely know that the movie Major League was based on Rams ownership don't you?

#11277 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm sure Dan Fouts would be there too. Heck, he might even get to announce the game. I'd let him.[quoted image]

That beard is just luscious. Want to run my hands through it.

Dude could throw but their defenses were atrocious!

#11278 5 years ago

To be fair, The LA Rams did have a Super Bowl winning QB at one time.
download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#11279 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

They just had a shit owner. I never said I liked Rams ownership growing up. You surely know that the movie Major League was based on Rams ownership don't you?

I can't say the same thing about Alex Spanos.

He was a gentleman with pure class. Sure he had some tough decisions to make, but don't they all?

#11280 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I can't say the same thing about Alex Spanos.
He was a gentleman with pure class. Sure he had some tough decisions to make, but don't they all?

Oh man, you just pissed off all the San Diego pinsiders with that statement. Well done. I'm kinda still laughing actually. Pretty funny.

#11281 5 years ago

Jim Everett was great QB and a real nice dude. I met him at a meat market in San Clemente. He was there with his son picking out steaks. He was so cool and had no problem shooting the shit with a complete stranger like myself. I shook his hand and it was huge. Easier to grip the ball that way for sure.

If the 49rs hadn't been so great when he was in the league, then maybe it could have happened.

#11282 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Jim Everett was great QB and a real nice dude. I met him at a meat market in San Clemente. He was there with his son picking out steaks. He was so cool and had no problem shooting the shit with a complete stranger like myself. I shook his hand and it was huge. Easier to grip the ball that way for sure.
If the 49rs hadn't been so great when he was in the league, then maybe it could have happened.

Ya..that Chris Everett helped me big time w my gig...look at me now ~ Jim Rome

#11283 5 years ago

Good ole Jim Rome sure knows how to make friends, doesn't he?

#11284 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yep. He was a cool dude. Just don't call him Evert.
Yeah, there's a reason I hate the 49ers with a passion. Same reason I hate the Edmonton oilers. Jealousy.

The 49ers had Jerry Rice, the Rams had Ron Brown. Fastest guy on the planet. Always open deep. Always dropped the ball.

#11285 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Just don't call him Evert.

Chris

#11286 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Yeah, there's a reason I hate the 49ers with a passion.

We have more in common than you might think.

Look, both our teams while in the So Cal area each made it to a Super Bowl and lost.

And they each won their perspective NFL and AFL championships before the merger.

And a least both teams seem to be in the running now. It would be awful hard to fill seats to pay for that new stadium if both were losers.

#11287 5 years ago

This just in,

When asked about Mike McCarthy firing Rodgers said,

"I was as shocked as many of you were. I hope I'm not the reason"

Almost as funny as Odin's Alex Spanos statement

#11288 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Look, both our teams while in the So Cal area each made it to a Super Bowl and lost.

Well there is one difference. The Rams actually had a chance against the Steelers in the Super Bowl. I think even the most die hard Chargers fan knew going in that the 49ers were going to stomp the chargers.

#11289 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I think even the most die hard Chargers fan knew going in that the 49ers were going to stomp the chargers.

Oh of course...the next year Steelers came the closest to beating an NFC team in years. Rough 80s & 90s for AFC

#11290 5 years ago

I’m enjoying this little circle jerk stroll down west coast nfl memory lane, but Everett was a bum!!

#11291 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

This just in,
When asked about Mike McCarthy firing Rodgers said,
"I was as shocked as many of you were. I hope I'm not the reason"
Almost as funny as Odin's Alex Spanos statement

pretty funny

#11292 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And they each won their perspective NFL and AFL championships before the merger.
And a least both teams seem to be in the running now. It would be awful hard to fill seats to pay for that new stadium if both were losers.

Are people starting to show up to chargers games?!

I mean, chargers fans, not visitors.

#11293 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are people starting to show up to chargers games?!

I don't know. I haven't been to one in years. Both stadiums are a little farther than I care to drive or pay whatever they are getting for tickets especially when every game is on TV now.

That was one good thing about the Rams in Anaheim. Close by and $10 seats. Or even the free club level seats my dad used to get.

I saw that epic overtime Marino vs. Everett game there in '86 or '87 I think and it didn't cost me a dime.

Heck, our Angels World Series tickets were only $60.

#11294 5 years ago

I did go to Jack Murphy stadium in San Diego a few times while they were there, but it was a long ass drive and a real nightmare getting in and out of the place especially on a Monday night.

Same as I really have no desire to drive to Los Angeles for anything anymore.

#11295 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m enjoying this little circle jerk stroll down west coast nfl memory lane, but Everett was a bum!!

Late career Everett got happy feat, but early career Everett was pretty damn good.

#11296 5 years ago

The Phantom Sack!

Some things you just can’t shake. Ask Mark Sanchez.

#11297 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I did go to Jack Murphy stadium in San Diego a few times while they were there, but it was a long ass drive and a real nightmare getting in and out of the place especially on a Monday night.
Same as I really have no desire to drive to Los Angeles for anything anymore.

My friends and I saw a few games at the Murph. The first time we went there, none of us remembered which section we parked the car. Unlike other stadiums, the Murph and its parking lot looked the same from every angle. We walked around that stadium 3 times looking for that damn car and weren't able to find it until the whole place was completely empty a couple hours later.

#11298 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Late career Everett got happy feat, but early career Everett was pretty damn good.

Everett had good stats early on, but besides having to play Montana's 49rs twice a year, or three times if they both made the playoffs, the LA area had already gotten used to watching another hall of fame, one of the all time greats in Jim Plunkett playing in the same stadium the Rams had abandoned.

LA Coliseum is never good enough to keep an NFL team, but they keep coming back to it. Haha. All I can say is don't park your car out on the street there.

#11299 5 years ago

It's a shame this guy got sidetracked and his career was an epic fail, because he had real talent and ability.
Todd (resized).jpgTodd (resized).jpg

#11300 5 years ago

Looks like the Seahawks will make the playoffs as a wildcard team.
3 of their last 4 reg season games are at home.
Two of those 4 games are against crappy NFC West teams, @ 49ers, and vs AZ Cardinals.

Important game Monday night Dec 10th, Vikings at Seattle, on ESPN. Both teams fighting to get into the play-offs.
Seahawks are favored by 3 to 3-1/2 points.

So, if the Seahawks are gonna get one of the NFC wildcard spots, then which other NFC team will get the 2nd wildcard spot?
In the hunt: Vikings (6-5-1), Redskins (6-6), Panthers (6-6), Eagles (6-6), T.B. Bucs (5-7), Packers (4-7-1)
Can't tell just yet, but by after the Mon Night Football game, we likely will know a couple more teams that are not gonna be a wildcard team.

Pretty sure we can scratch the Redskins off the list. Injuries are piling up. Seems too much to overcome.
The Giants are favored by 3-1/2 points playing at Wash this Sun. Ouch!!
Will QB Mark Sanchez be a hero on Sun for the Redskins, or will he do another butt fumble?

The Panthers are only favored by 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 points playing at Cleveland this Sun.
If the Panthers get beat by the Browns, then that should end the Panthers play-off hopes. Seems like the Panthers will beat the Browns.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,676 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/226 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.