Screenshot_20240408-180037_Brave (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1712612981603 (resized).jpg
dan-cant-see-me.gif
IMG_5213 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240407_183534931 (resized).jpg
38860405-3D86-49AB-9AE9-AE75342822BA.gif
20240406_180941 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 1,512.
#11151 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

gave them the ability to pass, which led to PI and the game

WHy wouldn't the cowboys have had the ability to pass before that?

Time was on their side. The Cowboys didn't care about the clock at that point, the Saints did.

If he Payton hadn't called time out the clock would have stopped anyway on the 2 minute warning 3 seconds later. The Cowboys still would have been able to pass.

Am I missing something here?

#11152 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes. Now mind you this isn't a smoking gun mistake that completely led to them losing or anything, but it's in the mix

If they called the TO after the 2 minute, Dallas would be less likely to throw a pass because they don't want the clock to stop. Before the 2 minute the clock is going to stop unirregadless, which "allows" them to pass. Again, maybe they would have anyway...but I don't think anyone is lining up to call Garrett a forward thinker.

#11153 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes. Now mind you this isn't a smoking gun mistake that completely led to them losing or anything, but it's in the mix
If they called the TO after the 2 minute, Dallas would be less likely to throw a pass because they don't want the clock to stop. Before the 2 minute the clock is going to stop unirregadless, which "allows" them to pass. Again, maybe they would have anyway...but I don't think anyone is lining up to call Garrett a forward thinker.

OK I guess I could see that. Not really that egregious in my opinion though.

AIkman is a shitty commentator and I don't think he's that bright. Most of the crews kind of suck these days, a few of the B teams are ok. Joe Buck is ok but christ I hate it when he says "obviously" which he does like 10 times a game. If it's fucking obvious why are you telling me? Cause it isn't. So shut the fuck and don't say obviously.

My favorite right now is Romo.

#11154 5 years ago

Romo is good, buck has always been the worst. He's improved a lot since the whole Randy Moss incident but everything aboot him is just horrible to me. Guess it works in baseball probably.
Aikam doesn;t bother me but neither did Sims, and plenty of people hated him. Honestly now I watch so much red zone/& miss more games than ever that it doesn't pop up much.

#11155 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My favorite right now is Romo.

100%. I’m hoping he’ll lead a trend toward more interesting/value added comentary. It’s also fun that he’s not afraid to call out reffing errors.

#11156 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

100%. I’m hoping he’ll lead a trend toward more interesting/value added comentary. It’s also fun that he’s not afraid to call out reffing errors.

I hope the NFL has learned this can only help their numbers, but we shall see. Collinsworth was top of the pops till his horrible NFL knob slobbering

#11157 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I just feel like he calls it as he sees it. If someone makes a shitty play he'll say it, or coaching decision, he's not just piling on the refs. He's also got good and not boring insight in the game, especially offense and QB play.

Collinsworth seems like he's trying to do it this way but he's just not that interesting, and his opinions seem pretty conservative and dull.

#11158 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

WHy wouldn't the cowboys have had the ability to pass before that?
Time was on their side. The Cowboys didn't care about the clock at that point, the Saints did.
If he Payton hadn't called time out the clock would have stopped anyway on the 2 minute warning 3 seconds later. The Cowboys still would have been able to pass.

They weren't going to pass though. They were going to run Elliott 2 more times and hope a hole pops. If it doesn't, Saints end up with the ball with over a minute to go.

Granted the Saints offense looked inept all night so there's not much reason to think they could have marched the length.

#11159 5 years ago

Kevin Harlan is without question the best announcer... Written has smart things to say, but stumbles over his words every other sentence. Whoever he is with on Monday night games is the worst. Joe Buck repeats the same phrase every time anything happens in the game... "What A ____" Annoys me to no end

#11160 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Romo is good, buck has always been the worst. He's improved a lot since the whole Randy Moss incident but everything aboot him is just horrible to me. Guess it works in baseball probably.
Aikam doesn;t bother me but neither did Sims, and plenty of people hated him. Honestly now I watch so much red zone/& miss more games than ever that it doesn't pop up much.

What's the Randy Moss incident?

Lots of hate for Buck around my area. I think he does fine. There are 3 good crews right now in my opinion - Michaels/Collinsworth, Nance/Romo, Buck/Aikman, in that order.

Edit: I see Buck/Moss incident is his call of the mooning. I didn't even realized he called that game.

#11161 5 years ago

I think Witten is really bad. I loved him as a player but he is terrible in the booth.

Also Arians is bad. It sucks because he will give you an illuminating observation, then you won't notice him speak again for like an hour. It's like he's generally disinterested in his job.

#11162 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I think Witten is really bad. I loved him as a player but he is terrible in the booth.
Also Arians is bad. It sucks because he will give you an illuminating observation, then you won't notice him speak again for like an hour. It's like he's generally disinterested in his job.

Yeah he stinks.

The MNF crew is worse than its been in ages.

#11163 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

What's the Randy Moss incident?

When he fake mooned you guys and Buck went nuts.

#11164 5 years ago

The Chiefs with a player of questionable character? I'm shocked! SHOCKED I tell you!!

#11165 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

The Chiefs with a player of questionable character? I'm shocked! SHOCKED I tell you!!

All I know is I picked up Spencer Ware. I doubt Hunt plays this week or the rest of the season.

#11166 5 years ago

I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasnt for Hunt to be released by the Chiefs... He deserves it, but players like that usually get another chance...

#11167 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasnt for Hunt to be released by the Chiefs... He deserves it, but players like that usually get another chance...

He’ll probably get picked up by the Redskins.

#11168 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

He’ll probably get picked up by the Redskins.

Maybe him and Reuben will beat some sense into each other...

#11169 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I just saw the video expecting a Ray Rice type situation where he lays someone out but it wasn't quite that. It probably would have been if not for his friends holding him back. They saved his career. The kick was more of a push with his foot. Not excusing it, because he was out of control and was lucky he had his friends there holding him back, but Levis team will pick him up next year.

I commend the Chiefs for sending a strong message, but this puts a huge dent in their Super Bowl chances.

#11170 5 years ago

Is the waiver period 24 hrs? Should hear something today? I'm guessing Raiders or Jets.

#11171 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I just saw the video expecting a Ray Rice type situation where he lays someone out but it wasn't quite that. It probably would have been if not for his friends holding him back. They saved his career. The kick was more of a push with his foot. Not excusing it, because he was out of control and was lucky he had his friends there holding him back, but Levis team will pick him up next year.
I commend the Chiefs for sending a strong message, but this puts a huge dent in their Super Bowl chances.

What’s your team?

I’m dying to know because I guarantee you there’s some questionable characters on the roster.

#11172 5 years ago

Meh....wasn't that bad.

#11173 5 years ago

Annd that's the nail in McCarthy's McCoffin...

#11174 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What’s your team?
I’m dying to know because I guarantee you there’s some questionable characters on the roster.

I've been following the Rams since the loss to the Steelers in the Super Bowl, minus their time in St. Louis, when I hated them. I'm not blaming the Redskins mind you. It's a smart move to pick up really good players on the cheap.

#11175 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I've been following the Rams since the loss to the Steelers in the Super Bowl, minus their time in St. Louis, when I hated them. I'm not blaming the Redskins mind you. It's a smart move to pick up really good players on the cheap.

So did you just root for nobody when they were in St Louis?

Or whomever was playing St. Louis?

#11176 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

And that’s a mistake. Guy is 125-77, with a super bowl ring. Meanwhile the kicker has blown four, count em four games this year. Actually, If anybody needs to go it’s mark murphy. How do you release ha ha Clinton Dix? Hello? How is that not the front offices fault? And what of getting rid of jordy Nelson? Was he an “a” receiver, no. But a solid all around player. How many trades did mike have to deal with? A season decimated by injury, boneheaded trades and ya can the coach. Sorry mike is just the canary in the coal mine in this dumpster fire. And I’m gonna go out and say it, but first I want to say Aaron rodgers is definately in the top 3 qb’s ever to play the game, but I’ll say it. Aaron is not the same. A career of injuries have taken a toll. Maybe mikes play calling was to cover for Aaron’s slipping talents. Idk, we’ll find out. Did I think it was time to move on? Maybe. But the packers did it the wrong way. Ya don’t fire a coach that gave you a Lombardi trophy in the middle of a season. Ya offer him a “ retirement” complete with lambeau sendoff at the end of the year and let him “spend more time with family”. This is just not classy. How will other prospective coaches feel now about GB?

#11177 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Ya don’t fire a coach that gave you a Lombardi trophy in the middle of a season. Ya offer him a “ retirement” complete with lambeau sendoff at the end of the year and let him “spend more time with family”. This is just not classy.

I can't believe he was treated like that?! As a Jet fan I expect that from my front office but this man was there for 12 years. Hell the Jets have never even had a coach for that long. If we ever get that lucky to find someone good enough to stay for 12 years in NY I hope we treat him better.

#11178 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

And that’s a mistake. Guy is 125-77, with a super bowl ring. Meanwhile the kicker has blown four, count em four games this year. Actually, If anybody needs to go it’s mark murphy. How do you release ha ha Clinton Dix? Hello? How is that not the front offices fault? And what of getting rid of jordy Nelson? Was he an “a” receiver, no. But a solid all around player. How many trades did mike have to deal with? A season decimated by injury, boneheaded trades and ya can the coach. Sorry mike is just the canary in the coal mine in this dumpster fire. And I’m gonna go out and say it, but first I want to say Aaron rodgers is definately in the top 3 qb’s ever to play the game, but I’ll say it. Aaron is not the same. A career of injuries have taken a toll. Maybe mikes play calling was to cover for Aaron’s slipping talents. Idk, we’ll find out. Did I think it was time to move on? Maybe. But the packers did it the wrong way. Ya don’t fire a coach that gave you a Lombardi trophy in the middle of a season. Ya offer him a “ retirement” complete with lambeau sendoff at the end of the year and let him “spend more time with family”. This is just not classy. How will other prospective coaches feel now about GB?

They have a ton of money and their immediate future tied up in aaron Rogers.

Rodge wanted mike gone bad so it had to be that way. I don’t blame them for shitcanning him today it was time.

#11179 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Aaron Rodgers wanted him gone and so he's gone.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So did you just root for nobody when they were in St Louis?
Or whomever was playing St. Louis?

Yep. Didn't watch NFL much except some playoff games and Super Bowls. Sorta rooted for Baltimore and Seattle. Now I'm a huge fan again. Now I root for the Rams and whoever is playing those worthless San Diego chargers. Noone wants them here. Go back to San Diego and take the clippers with you.

#11180 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They have a ton of money and their immediate future tied up in aaron Rogers.
Rodge wanted mike gone bad so it had to be that way. I don’t blame them for shitcanning him today it was time.

And what happens when things don’t change next time around. Reminds me of old adage, every time you point a finger at someone, there’s a few pointing back at you.

Not saying I disagree completely here, just saying the whole organization is on thin ice. Packers have a TON of cap money tied up in one guy here. Who costs more Aaron or McCarthy? Who should shoulder more responsibility?? Is it fair to pay someone a fraction of the other and hold him more responsible? The whole dynamic is neither fault exclusively. The front office has created a monster problem, and they’re blaming everyone but themselves.

#11181 5 years ago

McCarthy isnt a bad coach, but both he and the pack needed a change of scenery. I dont mind them firing him mid season, but I wouldnt have Joe Philbin running it for the rest of the year...

#11182 5 years ago

Impressive win tonight for the Bolts without Gordon.

All over the place the game was called like shit but whatever that will happen form time to time.

#11183 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

All over the place the game was called like shit but whatever that will happen form time to time.

Please it happens every game that's played anymore. The officiating of NFL games has been declining steadily for the last five seasons.

#11184 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

precious #12 wanted him gone... When everybody worships him and his ego is as big as his mouth, this is your result... firing a coach as good as that record at this stage of the season is just sad. There is zero benefit to the team this year (without a viable replacement already lined up)

#11185 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

but first I want to say Aaron rodgers is definately in the top 3 qb’s ever to play the game

Um, okay.

Take off your cheesehead blinders. Rodgers is good, but he's nowhere near that good.

#11186 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Um, okay.
Take off your cheesehead blinders. Rodgers is good, but he's nowhere near that good.

In WI, they seriously worship him. It is a large part of the culture. They grew up with Farve who could do no wrong despite narcotic abuse, womanizing, and pecker pics. Rodgers inherited that admiration to a fault and it has gone to his head/ cause much of what we see now.

Rodgers is good but can only be a great if he can make multiple playoff berth and another SB under a new coach. At least we get to really see what he is made of now that he cant hide behind the coach.

#11187 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Please it happens every game that's played anymore. The officiating of NFL games has been declining steadily for the last five seasons.

They usually get the false start right. They blew the first one and the started giving make up calls and the whole thing just got out of hand. I've never seen that many non cslled false starts... Chargers on th left was jumping all the time.

Ha no doubt. Saying top 3 is really saying "other than Brady and Montana Rodgers is the best qb ever."
Ha.

#11188 5 years ago

I’ll stick to my statement, and 90% of national media and coaches would agree.

Last year he was out hurt, and this year he’s stunk things up. Given.

#11189 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I’ll stick to my statement, and 90% of national media and coaches would agree.

You're fucking crazy. He might be the 3rd best qb playing in the league now.

#11190 5 years ago

Rough day for Da Bears yesterday. Losing to a 3-8 team, failing to gain a game on the Saints for home field in the playoffs, oh...

And losing to a former Browns coach?!? That's a triple whammy right there.

#11191 5 years ago

You can't expect to win without your qb anymore no matter how good your defense is.
Sucks cause that final play to get to OT was awesome.

#11192 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Rough day for Da Bears yesterday. Losing to a 3-8 team, failing to gain a game on the Saints for home field in the playoffs, oh...
And losing to a former Browns coach?!? That's a triple whammy right there.

yeah, rough...

lol (resized).JPGlol (resized).JPG
#11193 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, rough...[quoted image]

A former BROWNS coach!!

#11194 5 years ago

3-8!

Screenshot_20181203-103610 (resized).pngScreenshot_20181203-103610 (resized).png
#11195 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

A former BROWNS coach!!

go back to intimidating and yelling at your students in P.E. class... It may work on them, lol.

#11196 5 years ago

I hate when the Jags are home and that is the only game on TV. The Colts/Jags game might have been the worst game I ever watched.

#11197 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

go back to intimidating and yelling at your students in P.E. class... It may work on them, lol.

No reason to get personal. Sorry if I triggered you.

#11198 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I don't completely disagree with your sentiment in some ways. Except that SB came 8 seasons ago, with the same QB. The talent is not as bad as some would have you believe. Releasing 87 may have been a mistake, but not egregious. We thought we had a great trio of receivers in Adams, Cobb, and Alison. Jordy hasn't done much in Oakland. He was good with 12 because of their timing, but he was otherwise a pretty average all-around receiver.

I do completely agree that Murphy has done nothing but hurt the Packers. He's done nothing as far as football operations - MM and TT were in place when he took the job. When TT "stepped down", he hired a firm to find the next GM (even though our candidate pool was filled with guys already in our system). He also made himself a de facto owner, making the GM and HC positions much less appealing than they were previously. He's a buffoon, and I want him gone more than anyone.

I disagree that Crosby lost us many games.. It should never be so close (especially when you're 14 point favorites) that you blame the kicker for missing a long field goal attempt in the elements of a GB winter. He's had an off year - but our entire ST has been as bad as I've ever seen.

MM just didn't get it. Much of the criticism of MM was that he wasn't aggressive enough. He responds by going for it on 4th and 2 by running a triple reverse play action with only one target down field. That's not how it's done. Throw high percentage passes and keep your offense on the field. His use of timeouts (or 12s, but he's the coach, so he needs to get it under control either way) was abysmal, and cost us more game opportunities than kicking ever did.

Rodgers needs someone that will come in and put him back in his place. Someone needs to come in and slap the 4 out of him. He's a member of the team, and needs to start acting like it. MM failed to get that done. He hired a QB coach and said himself that he brought in that coach to bring up young talent, NOT to coach 12. That was a mistake.

I'm nervous for the next chapter. I don't think we'll have any shortage of coaching candidates. Firing midseason is out of character for us, but so is laying an egg at home in December with the playoff hopes on the line against one of the worst teams in the league. Don't cry for MM, he'll make millions someplace else, and he'll be in the GB HOF.

#11199 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Firing midseason is out of character for us, but so is laying an egg at home in December with the playoff hopes on the line against one of the worst teams in the league. Don't cry for MM, he'll make millions someplace else, and he'll be in the GB HOF.

He deserved it. Team has looked like ass lately and clearly the team chose #12 over the coach. How can you fault them? Rogers isn't going anywhere, so better try to make the best of it.

And yes, some other NFL team will hire MM. It will be a huge waste of money. These "super bowl winning coaches" ALWAYS clean up on their next stop, but I'm not too impressed by a coach who managed to win only ONE super bowl with one of the best QBs of the era. Big deal.

#11200 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

...but I'm not too impressed by a coach who managed to win only ONE super bowl with one of the best QBs of the era. Big deal.

Aka Holmgren, except then at least they were playing power houses like the 90s Cowboys. Winning a SB isn't easy of course....but only getting to 1 is a little iffy with a non cheap team with the 3rd best Qb ever.

I agree with everything that sometimes you just have to shitcan people. I don't know if the offense is juts designed poorly, since Rodgers can audible to anything he wants anyway, or the team is not coached well/quit on MM. Because those final drives for GB where PITIFUL. Bad throws, bad catching attempts...just everyone looked like they didn't give a shit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
There are 75,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 1,512.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/224?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.