spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 1,513.
#11101 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

More
you forgot about the bears... even with a backup QB they managed a win in D city on Turkey day.

A bears fan! Don't startle him, they're rare this time of year.

#11102 5 years ago

<

Quoted from vicjw66:

I can understand your attempt at trolling Rams fans. It must suck to be a San Diego chargers fan. A team that has a 50 year culture of choking.

Say what? I just call it like I see it and don't get too emotional about any of this shit.

Do you think I'm a huge Saints fan or something? Truth is Drew Brees is the league MVP at this moment and probably should have been before. And their defense is looking more stout than any of the other high scoring teams in the league. Anything can change week to week, but they are 10-1 and do own the tie breaker.

And correct me if I'm wrong but the LA Rams have won the same amount of Super Bowls as the Chargers have. Zero.

Could have been a contender if Ferrragamo hadn't thrown that interception against the Steelers 38 years ago though. Talk about choking!

And I remember all those years the LA Rams thought they had a great team, but the 49rs or someone else was always better. Sounds not much different than the Chargers if you ask me.

#11103 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The Saint were up by 3 at home over the Rams with 3 minutes to play when they converted a 3rd and 7 for a 73 yard touchdown pass. If they don’t convert they probably lose that game

And if my grandmother had wheels she’d be a wagon!

#11104 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

A bears fan! Don't startle him, they're rare this time of year.

Lol, the pack fans have apparently put away the gear already this year. Sad, cause I think they still have a shot to come back. If they win this week then it is all still in play.

#11105 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And if my grandmother had wheels she’d be a wagon!

The valid point was that the Saints are not way better than the Rams. Keep up Lexi.

#11106 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

&lt;

Say what? I just call it like I see it and don't get too emotional about any of this shit.

Whoa. Easy man. It’s just football. Don’t take it so seriously.

#11107 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The valid point was that the Saints are not way better than the Rams. Keep up Lexi.

The road to the super bowl likely goes through the super dome. You ever been there?

I was there during their super bowl season and I’ve never been to a louder stadium. So “way better” or not I give them a big edge.

#11108 5 years ago

Rams will get them next time around. They should have Talib back by then.

#11109 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Whoa. Easy man. It’s just football. Don’t take it so seriously.

After waiting 40 years, I don't take any of it seriously.

At least the Raiders gave the LA area one championship.

#11110 5 years ago

How about this, Chris Carson and his best Spider-Man landing impression

#11111 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Rams will get them next time around. They should have Talib back by then.

It’ll be at the super dome and the rams will lose. Again.

#11112 5 years ago

The packs cooked, and so is mccarthy

#11113 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Lol, the pack fans have apparently put away the gear already this year. Sad, cause I think they still have a shot to come back. If they win this week then it is all still in play.

well, they did not win this week. It seems that makes a playoff berth a statistical improbability.

I honestly hope for all the packer backers that you get a new coach. Trust me, I know the pain!

#11114 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I honestly hope for all the packer backers that you get a new coach. Trust me, I know the pain!

The coach wont change the their real issues of being cheap asses and giving rodgers no help. I can't think of 1 defensove player on the whole team not named hawk

#11115 5 years ago

The Packers and the Browns have the same record right now. As a Vikings fan it gives me great pleasure knowing that meaningless stat.

#11116 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

The Packers and the Browns have the same record right now.

Yeah and one of them is going up and the other heading down.

#11117 5 years ago

Until the pack take their 8th loss can't count them out. Done that before.

And everybody loves Kirk Cousins again. yay!

#11118 5 years ago

They have games against jets, lions, cards left so there's 3 wins. Add hotlanta that sucks... Then another with bears.

#11119 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The coach wont change the their real issues of being cheap asses and giving rodgers no help. I can't think of 1 defensove player on the whole team not named hawk

Hawk hasn't been on the team for several years. Despite what people like to say, there is a lot of talent, but much of it's young. I'd be surprised if you hadn't heard of Mike Daniels. Blake Martinez has been a really consistent player at ILB. Kevin King is a true talent at CB, but often hurt. Jaire Alexander made some really big plays as a rookie, and looks to have pro bowl level talent. Kenny Clark is also a great young player if he can overcome injuries.

I also don't subscribe to the idea that we haven't given 12 any help. Cutting ties with Jordy was controversial, I'll certainly agree. But, we went into FA and got Jimmy Graham, and drafted heavy at WR and RB over the last couple of years. Cobb got hurt early, and hasn't seen the field much this year. He's not a game tilting player, but he's a vet that can run some routes, and frequently did well to come back in those scramble scenarios.

McCarthy will probably have some success someplace else, but it feels like the game has passed him by. He doesn't seem able to get 12 to buy into his system, and that's largely his fault for hiring a QB coach that, in his words, was to develop the young players, not to coach Rodgers.

#11120 5 years ago

Hawk hasn't been on the team for several years. Despite what people like to say, there is a lot of talent, but much of it's young. I'd be surprised if you hadn't heard of Mike Daniels. Blake Martinez has been a really consistent player at ILB. Kevin King is a true talent at CB, but often hurt. Jaire Alexander made some really big plays as a rookie, and looks to have pro bowl level talent. Kenny Clark is also a great young player if he can overcome injuries.
I also don't subscribe to the idea that we haven't given 12 any help. Cutting ties with Jordy was controversial, I'll certainly agree. But, we went into FA and got Jimmy Graham, and drafted heavy at WR and RB over the last couple of years. Cobb got hurt early, and hasn't seen the field much this year. He's not a game tilting player, but he's a vet that can run some routes, and frequently did well to come back in those scramble scenarios.
McCarthy will probably have some success someplace else, but it feels like the game has passed him by. He doesn't seem able to get 12 to buy into his system, and that's largely his fault for hiring a QB coach that, in his words, was to develop the young players, not to coach Rodgers.

When do the pack draft 12's heir apparent? They did it to the last HOF QB in town.

Will we see Rogers in a Jets uniform?!

#11121 5 years ago

Haha, sorry I meant Clay Matthews.
Haven't heard of any real buzz on any of those players but I may have just missed it.

Yeah Nelson was one of those guys he would be great if still in GB, but you knew he was gonna suck anywhere else so it's hard to pay him top (or anywhere near) dollar.
Graham wasn't a very exciting singing...he was great running basically a run & shoot offense in NO but the soul was sucked out of him, like all WR/TE, in Seattle. D Adams is damn good and a good draft pick. Randell Cobb isn't even worth mentioning anymore sadly.

Maybe they've been spendind decently and just not hitting any winners.

#11122 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

When do the pack draft 12's heir apparent? They did it to the last HOF QB in town.

Will we see Rogers in a Jets uniform?!

Rodgers will be 35 in just a few days. I'm not sure if your question is sincere, but I think you start looking for your next QB now. There's no rush to draft a QB, so if you don't think you can land your next franchise QB, you punt until next year (and the year after if necessary). I like a young QB to ride the bench for 2 years before taking over. Throwing a QB to the wolves has done more harm than good in my memory.

#11123 5 years ago

Throwing a QB to the wolves has done more harm than good in my memory.

That actually is a good question these days. If they keep moving towards a more college style offense with offense being pumped up more I think it my go the other way. The rookies/newer qbs are doing well of recent years...of course it could be just a blip.

#11124 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha, sorry I meant Clay Matthews.
Haven't heard of any real buzz on any of those players but I may have just missed it.

Matthews has been below average for at least a couple of seasons, sadly.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah Nelson was one of those guys he would be great if still in GB, but you knew he was gonna suck anywhere else so it's hard to pay him top (or anywhere near) dollar.

Exactly. He fit our system well, but he was a timing/chemistry guy. He was more valuable to us than anyone else. It's too bad we couldn't work anything out. You're right about GB being stingy in that regard.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Graham wasn't a very exciting singing

I was more excited about Jared Cook than I was Graham. But, I thought it might at least cause some matchup problems for opposing defenses. It's hard to tell whether it has from TV coverage, but it doesn't really seem that way. I was positive he lost a step, but I thought he'd at least be a force in the red zone. I don't think he's been the same player ever since he had the injury with the Saints.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Maybe they've been spendind decently and just not hitting any winners.

We make our living in the middle and late rounds. That's great, we get tons of value, but it takes longer for guys to develop. We've failed to retain a lot of those really solid draft picks. Granted, they may not have been ideal for our scheme, but consider that we let Micah Hyde and Casey Hayward go in recent years. You can be a genius in picking talent, but if you can't retain that talent, what does it matter?

#11125 5 years ago

In other news, now that he is in the hall of fame, Terrell Owens says he would kneel during the national anthem if he played today.

Coincidence he waited until after he was inaugurated to make that statement?

#11126 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In other news, now that he is in the hall of fame, Terrell Owens says he would kneel during the national anthem if he played today.
Coincidence he waited until after he was inaugurated to make that statement?

Aren't we all tired of this dumb controversy?

At this point I'd rather argue about Chic-Fil-A.

#11127 5 years ago

Or if the cowboys are gonna win tonight! Which for the record I don't think they will...but here's to hoping!

#11128 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Or if the cowboys are gonna win tonight! Which for the record I don't think they will...but here's to hoping!

Stranger things have happened. Cowboys have a great defense.

They'll probably get blown out though like everybody else. Hope so!

#11129 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Aren't we all tired of this dumb controversy?

You seem to get tired of a lot of things. You ever think about taking a vacation?

#11130 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stranger things have happened. Cowboys have a great defense.
They'll probably get blown out though like everybody else. Hope so!

Ya.. defense might get tired by the fourth tho..unless zeke has a helluva game and the offense can stay on the field.. need to score cause u know brees will! Should be gooood

#11131 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I think Cole Beasley is gonna go off.

#11132 5 years ago

Because I know you're all stressing about the Packers today..

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11133 5 years ago

That is one sad and desperate infographic.

#11134 5 years ago

I suppose I could have brought up Rivers record setting day last Sunday with only one incompletion, but now that's old news too.

#11135 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I suppose I could have brought up Rivers record setting day last Sunday with only one incompletion, but now that's old news too.

I'd much rather have a refreshing debate about the NFL Kneeling policy!

WHERE DO YOU STAND?!?!?! (or not stand)

#11136 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He had a great game. Too bad Gordon got injured. I'm crossing my fingers they come out of Pittsburgh with a win.

#11137 5 years ago

Figured I'd post this rare NFL game here since the 1st responder just passed due to shipping costs.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Selling a rare 1984 Super Bowl pin by Bell Games. This is a conversion game from Bally's X's and O's commemorating the then Los Angeles Raiders super bowl win over the Washington R...”
2018-11-26
Li, NY
1,800 (OBO)
Archived after: 16 days
Viewed: 1141 times
Contributed to Pinside

#11138 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Figured I'd post this rare NFL game here since the 1st responder just passed due to shipping costs.

Machine - For Sale
Rare Bell 1984 Super Bowl. LA Raiders fan alert!Fully shopped/refurbished “Selling a rare 1984 Super Bowl pin by Bell Games. This is a conversion game from Bally's X's and O's commemorating the then Los Angeles Raiders super bowl win over the Washington R...”
3 days ago Li, NY 1,800 (OBO)
Crispin

You tried posting on a Raiders board?

#11139 5 years ago

That's a good idea Levi thanks

#11140 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

WHERE DO YOU STAND?!?!?! (or not stand)

Yeah that's old news as is anything Terrell Owens ever had to say.

I should have know better.

#11141 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Machine - For Sale
Rare Bell 1984 Super Bowl. LA Raiders fan alert!Fully shopped/refurbished “Selling a rare 1984 Super Bowl pin by Bell Games. This is a conversion game from Bally's X's and O's commemorating the then Los Angeles Raiders super bowl win over the Washington R...”
3 days ago Li, NY 1,800 (OBO)
Crispin

Lovely, but backglass fail on that one. It should be more like this.

Marcus-Allen-Super-Bowl-XVIII (resized).jpgMarcus-Allen-Super-Bowl-XVIII (resized).jpg
#11142 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The Fact that Aaron Rodgers is the highest paid QB in the league shows that the Packers are not cheap asses, they just have far too much money tied up in one position. It means they can't build up the talent around him unless they really hit a home run in the draft.

#11143 5 years ago

Well at least this year I want to watch my browns.

#11144 5 years ago

Did Dallas just beat the Saints? Wow!! Glad I kept the Dallas D for week 16.

#11145 5 years ago

That's a championship Defense in Big D, I have to admit.

Saints were completely arrogant going for it on 4th at 10-0 instead of kicking the FG to make it 10-3 and waiting for Dak to fuck up. Terrible decision there.

#11146 5 years ago

Because I know you're all stressing about the Packers today..[quoted image]

Love it - makes the Broncos playoff odds look downright enviable by comparison.

#11147 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's a championship Defense in Big D, I have to admit.
Saints were completely arrogant going for it on 4th at 10-0 instead of kicking the FG to make it 10-3 and waiting for Dak to fuck up. Terrible decision there.

The Saints deserved to lose when Payton called that timeout with 2:03 left. I was glad to hear Aikman call him out on that.

#11148 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

The Saints deserved to lose when Payton called that timeout with 2:03 left. I was glad to hear Aikman call him out on that.

What was wrong with that call?

#11149 5 years ago

I hate the Cowboys but I really enjoyed watching them play last night. They are a better team than I gave them credit. They just need to straighten out Randy Gregory who tried to lose the game for them.

#11150 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What was wrong with that call?

gave them the ability to pass, which led to PI and the game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/223?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.