• maybe 8 votes
    5%
  • no but Im a complete moron 11 votes
    7%
  • give Hilton a nut punch 91 votes
    58%

(157 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,315 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pats (resized).PNG
you-spelled-lose (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191117-163732~2 (resized).png
A5839A87-6E45-4B70-815D-6A28897DB2A1 (resized).jpeg
CB9C606A-7D97-403E-AFE2-E602614705CC (resized).jpeg
Truth (resized).jpg
3E6276FB-B4AB-4B2F-94D8-F13951D28692 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20191116-004028~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191116-003943~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191115-175453_Chrome (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191115-103557~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191115-102239~2 (resized).png
LMAO (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg

There are 15894 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 318.
#10951 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just because they call them the LA Chargers again doesn't mean they play in LA. Inglewood, although close is not LA. Even the stadium they are temporarily in now is not LA. Although they are in LA county.

I know nothing about Southern California other than what I see on TV.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Valley Girl, Psych, Bosch. Those guy could get across town in 10 minutes; then I look on a map and it's half a days journey from San Fernando to Irvine, I feel like I have been deceived.

#10952 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I know nothing about Southern California other than what I see on TV.
Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Valley Girl, Psych, Bosch. Those guy could get across town in 10 minutes; then I look on a map and it's half a days journey from San Fernando to Irvine, I feel like I have been deceived.

It's big and traffic can make it even harder to get from place to place in a reasonable amount of time. If you look at a map, the counties are as big or bigger than some of the east coast states. Like anywhere else there are good neighborhoods and bad.

LA itself is for the most part one big dense aging urban sprawl, with some high end areas on the outskirts like Beverly Hills. The SF Valley is north of there. I guess you could call them suburbs. Takes a long time to get there from here.

San Diego is it's own world, separated along the coast by near 30 miles of Camp Pendleton with several charming coastal cities until you get to the city itself, and inland by hills, mountains, and desert.

Orange county is in the middle. For the most part, the most recent to be developed, especially the southern half. As they run out of room to build here, the inland empire, San Bernadino county keeps growing to the mountains, desert and beyond. I'm in the north part of OC. If someone dropped a bomb on Disneyland, I could see the fireworks from here.

#10953 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Did the Chargers pass on Vegas for LA? Or did Raiders have first dibs? Can’t remember how that played out.

I wasn't sure how that went down. From what I've read the Raiders owner went outside the league and made it happen as they couldn't get a new stadium built in Oakland. Chargers to Vegas just makes so much more sense though.

Anybody watch last night's game? Beatdowns are so much more fun to watch when you are streaming the winning team's defense.

#10954 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Anybody watch last night's game? Beatdowns are so much more fun to watch when you are streaming the winning team's defense.

I tried to watch but as a fan of a bad team I am hypersensitive to terrible play. Had to turn that shit off quick before it dredged up repressed feelings!!

#10955 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's big and traffic can make it even harder to get from place to place in a reasonable amount of time. If you look at a map, the counties are as big or bigger than some of the east coast states. Like anywhere else there are good neighborhoods and bad.
LA itself is for the most part one big dense aging urban sprawl, with some high end areas on the outskirts like Beverly Hills. The SF Valley is north of there. I guess you could call them suburbs. Takes a long time to get there from here.
San Diego is it's own world, separated along the coast by near 30 miles of Camp Pendleton with several charming coastal cities until you get to the city itself, and inland by hills, mountains, and desert.
Orange county is in the middle. For the most part, the most recent to be developed, especially the southern half. As they run out of room to build here, the inland empire, San Bernadino county keeps growing to the mountains, desert and beyond. I'm in the north part of OC. If someone dropped a bomb on Disneyland, I could see the fireworks from here.

I complain about the horrible drivers in Florida but there is nothing like the traffic in the L.A. area. Everyone owns a car and they all seem to be driving them at the same time.

#10956 1 year ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I complain about the horrible drivers in Florida but there is nothing like the traffic in the L.A. area. Everyone owns a car and they all seem to be driving them at the same time.

When good old Walt started cutting down those orange groves in the mid 50s to make way for Disneyland, one of his observations was that the freeway system that was being planned and built to run thru orange county would never be enough to handle the huge amount of growth that would be coming in a few years. The man had amazing foresight and was a pure genius.

#10957 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

When good old Walt started cutting down those orange groves in the mid 50s to make way for Disneyland, one of his observations was that the freeway system that was being planned and built to run thru orange county would never be enough to handle the huge amount of growth that would be coming in a few years. The man had amazing foresight and was a pure genius.

We need mass transit rail in a major f'ing way.

#10958 1 year ago
sszey7ja5ovz (resized).jpg
#10959 1 year ago

hand600span (resized).jpg
#10960 1 year ago

Back to football.

Who's going to get up at 6:00 AM to watch the Chargers game tomorrow? That's west coast time of course. The only way I think I'll be able to pull that off is staying up all night.

This London shit's gotta go!

#10961 1 year ago

I'm gonna watch it but expecting the worst. Upside is I will have only consumed coffee at that time so should be able to follow it clearly!

I read the Jags are looking to play all their home games in London but they will still be based in Jax, whatever that means.

#10962 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

I read the Jags are looking to play all their home games in London but they will still be based in Jax, whatever that means.

It means we screwed if we want to watch them. The London games are a stupid idea.

#10963 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

I'm gonna watch it but expecting the worst. Upside is I will have only consumed coffee at that time so should be able to follow it clearly!

Well you're gonna get it a what 8:00 AM? My bad, it's 6:30 AM our time. Still too early.

Beside that I always liked our traditional starting times. 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM. 5:20? for the night games.

6:00 PM for MNF which is now long gone.

Bars serving bloody marys and prime rib and eggs for the early game or just waking up and settling in at home making breakfast and enjoying a full day of games.

#10964 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

It means we screwed if we want to watch them. The London games are a stupid idea.

Tbh I don't mind the early games. But let's face it, noone* wants to watch the afc south!

Games are too long now and eat up much of the best part of the day. I get the sentiment though.

Quoted from o-din:

Well you're gonna get it a what 8:00 AM?

830 here I think.

#10965 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

830 here I think.

Yeah, I corrected my post. 6:00 AM or 6:30, it's still too early.

However that is what time I normally wake up on work days, so I may catch it anyway, if I remember.

Sunday AM is usually wake up when the squirrels start making their stupid noises or the dude across the creek starts hammering on something, which is usually pretty early anyway.

#10966 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, I corrected my post. 6:00 AM or 6:30, it's still too early.
However that is what time I normally wake up on work days, so I may catch it anyway, if I remember.
Sunday AM is usually wake up when the squirrels start making their stupid noises or the dude across the creek starts hammering on something, which is usually pretty early anyway.

Squirrels are a mess bro! Always out to fk up your weekend.

One time I had a gathering and was about to grill and discovered a squirrel had chewed through a propane hose. Almost caused a major snafu.

I mean who even does that? What ever happened to nuts? How is that nature?!

#10967 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

Squirrels are a mess bro! Always out to fk up your weekend.

Yeah, we didn't have them in mass locally until a few years ago. Somebody thought it would be a nice gesture to release them in a local arboretum is what I've been told and they just multiplied from there. Screwed up my whole avocado theory as they aren't happy just eating one, they have to go around and chew on or drop every one on the tree. Possums are a much more reasonable animal.

#10968 1 year ago

I think Jax is out of that whole thing since Shaka Khan withdrew his bid for Wembley.

Even when I had more time to get up and drink early I would never do it for London...and shit it's only like 9am here.

#10969 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Back to football.
Who's going to get up at 6:00 AM to watch the Chargers game tomorrow?

That's why DVRs were invented -- football games move right along, cutting less into your Sunday surf-session...

#10970 1 year ago
Quoted from L8vid:

That's why DVRs were invented -- football games move right along, cutting less into your Sunday surf-session...

Yeah, I never had one. I watch what's on when it's on. If I start recording shit, that might turn me into some kind of TV addict. I even forgot the baseball game was on last night until it was half over.

If I miss a game, there are sure to be highlights showed later. Over and over again...

#10971 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think Jax is out of that whole thing since Shaka Khan withdrew his bid for Wembley.
Even when I had more time to get up and drink early I would never do it for London...and shit it's only like 9am here.

Exactly. Khan has invested a lot into the local community so I doubt he would move the team, but you never know.

I hate the London and Mexico games. Do the Bills still play one game in Toronto? They used to have the NFL Europe. If they want to play overseas, revive that league.

#10972 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well you're gonna get it a what 8:00 AM? My bad, it's 6:30 AM our time. Still too early.
Beside that I always liked our traditional starting times. 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM. 5:20? for the night games.
Bars serving bloody marys and prime rib and eggs for the early game or just waking up and settling in at home making breakfast and enjoying a full day of games.

I love the London games - I will watch whoever starts at 9:30. Wish it was teams I cared about.

#10973 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

As an East Coaster I am so jealous of this. Would be so awesome to watch my team at 10am and have the rest of the day. Or come home from work and watch MNF and go to bed at a reasonable hour. Are they allowing more people into CA or are the borders shut down?

#10974 1 year ago

43 seconds of regulation left! Time to make coffee.

#10975 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Are they allowing more people into CA or are the borders shut down?

Let's just say they haven't built any walls yet.

Great game! What I saw of it anyway.

#10976 1 year ago

Patriots getting stomped!

Go Bears

Oops- spoke too soon. lol

#10977 1 year ago

why watch football when you can watch this?

2611-185326 (resized).jpg
#10978 1 year ago
Quoted from L8vid:

why watch football when you can watch this?

That was always the dilemma when living at the beach. They always picked the nicest, sunniest days to show football games. With a slight off shore breeze to make the waves near perfect. And today is no different for sure.

But alas I found I had to fix the washing machine, make six hour ribs on the Traeger, and drink all these Pacificos that are in the fridge today. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

#10979 1 year ago

Sunday nites game w my chefs hosting the bengals should be another high scoring game..with the trade deadline coming up (I think it’s the 30th) I’m hoping that KC addresses that poor D..a linebacker that can rush the qb, and a safety/corner that can actually defend the pass...

#10980 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Patriots getting stomped!
Go Bears
Oops- spoke too soon. lol

Not a problem, friend. Patriot fans have been reading posts like this for almost two decades. It's a compliment.

#10981 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Not a problem, friend. Patriot fans have been reading posts like this for almost two decades. It's a compliment.

Yeah, that was just a spur of the moment, saw the Bears score post. You guys still need a lot of help on defense.

If there's one thing I've learned is don't bet on the Bears. Even in '85, I won money betting against them when they played the Dolphins.

We've got some nine ball on our local sportscast that always says shit that's wrong. When commenting on the Rams, he said "there is no perfect team, the last perfect team was the '85 Bears"

What an idiot! lol

#10982 1 year ago

Jesus Redskins Cowboys was a great game of horribe-ness.

#10983 1 year ago

Boooom!

Skins win. Cowboys lose. Eagles lose!

Adrian Peterson one of the best scrap heap signings ever.

#10984 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Jesus Redskins Cowboys was a great game of horribe-ness.

It was all wonderfullness!!

#10985 1 year ago

The sun is fading behind the avocado tree as they are showing the highlites of the day.

DSCN6034 (resized).JPG
#10986 1 year ago

Looks like now it's time to root for the Bengals.

Go Cincy!

#10987 1 year ago

This year Detroit owns the best teams in the AFC east and Rodgers as well. Let's see if they can step up and finish this deal.

#10988 1 year ago

I wish the NFL would put a ban on gloves. Thee gloves must be made out of flypaper with the number of one-handed grabs each week. They made Lester Hayes stop wearing stick um. It's time to give the defensive players a break.

#10989 1 year ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I wish the NFL would put a ban on gloves. Thee gloves must be made out of flypaper with the number of one-handed grabs each week. They made Lester Hayes stop wearing stick um. It's time to give the defensive players a break.

No it's not.

Those catches are awesome and one of the reasons people like football.

#10990 1 year ago

Cowboys got burned on that false start penalty!! Buuut, they did get amari cooper for a 1st round pick!! Raiders seem to be trying to tank and accumulate draft picks! They got the bears 1st rounder next year too. Who's next to go?!

#10991 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Cowboys got burned on that false start penalty!! Buuut, they did get amari cooper for a 1st round pick!! Raiders seem to be trying to tank and accumulate draft picks! They got the bears 1st rounder next year too. Who's next to go?!

It's not a bad approach - a ton of first rounders (and the Cowboys' will be high since they suck) and tons of cap space for Gruden to assemble a young team he likes.

As far as the Cowboys? Well they need a receiver so I guess not a bad trade. I don't think receivers are really their problem though. Dak is looking like a one-year wonder, Coach Jerry Jones is not a good football coach, and their line is aging and overrated. And, the Cowboys aren't exactly swimming in cap space and Dak and Amari Cooper - among others - are going to have to get paid soon.

As a Redskins fan this trade and what it means big picture for the Cowboys doesn't scare me.

#10992 1 year ago

The problem with the Cowboys is they're fucking horrible.
They're like the Transformers movies, everyone knows they suck but they keep happening and we keep hearing aboot them, even though I can't anyone that likes them.

#10993 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not a bad approach - a ton of first rounders (and the Cowboys' will be high since they suck) and tons of cap space for Gruden to assemble a young team he likes.
As far as the Cowboys? Well they need a receiver so I guess not a bad trade. I don't think receivers are really their problem though. Dak is looking like a one-year wonder, Coach Jerry Jones is not a good football coach, and their line is aging and overrated. And, the Cowboys aren't exactly swimming in cap space and Dak and Amari Cooper - among others - are going to have to get paid soon.
As a Redskins fan this trade and what it means big picture for the Cowboys doesn't scare me.

Yup, cowboys in a nutshell! Jones only hires puppet coaches.. Dak is aight, dont scare me as much as Romo did tho! Considering our best receiver right now is Cole Beasley.. I welcome cooper for a 1st rounder all day! Weird division again this year..

Quoted from TheLaw:

The problem with the Cowboys is they're fucking horrible.
They're like the Transformers movies, everyone knows they suck but they keep happening and we keep hearing aboot them, even though I can't anyone that likes them.

What's the matter over there grouchy old man?! You hate your life? Horrible trolling job. Misspelled words, didnt even finish your sentence. Life is too short man.. smoke some weed or drink some scotch and chill out!

#10994 1 year ago

That transformers analogy was lame as fuk. Just saying!

#10995 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

What's the matter over there grouchy old man?! You hate your life? Horrible trolling job. Misspelled words, didnt even finish your sentence. Life is too short man.. smoke some weed or drink some scotch and chill out!

No my life is great, it's the cowboys that suck. The Cowboys have been horrible for a long time and I have no idea why so much hype is given to them; they've won like 1 playoff game in the last 10 years.

We're also probably the same age and there wasn't any trolling involved so I'm guessing you're super fucking high? Which is cool, but I'm at work.

#10996 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No my life is great, it's the cowboys that suck. The Cowboys have been horrible for a long time and I have no idea why so much hype is given to them; they've won like 1 playoff game in the last 10 years.
We're also probably the same age and there wasn't any trolling involved so I'm guessing you're super fucking high? Which is cool, but I'm at work.

Can I attend your next sermon? Amen.

#10997 1 year ago

Ok .. they suck.. who cares! U really can't hate a sports franchise that much. can ya?! And what hype? Ain't nobody picking them cowboys to win it! Their division is up for grabs tho!

#10998 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

U really can't hate a sports franchise that much. can ya?!

I hate Michigan that much, but not the Cowboys.

#10999 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

The sun is fading behind the avocado tree as they are showing the highlites of the day.[quoted image]

I like the look of that!

I watch this show called Project Fire on PBS. This chef makes some pretty nifty stuff on his grill.

So he has this grill, it's stainless and looks really nice. By some company called Kalamazoo Gourmet. It's propane, but there's a drawer under the grates and he can load logs in there for smoke, plus apparently it can burn charcoal.

I saw that and thought wow, how cool. I bet it something like that costs 3, maybe 4 thousand dollars! So I went to their website and they start at .. over 20k!

At that moment I realized how many just now considering pinball ownership must feel!

#11000 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

So he has this grill, it's stainless and looks really nice. By some company called Kalamazoo Gourmet. It's propane,

Propane? 20k? What do you think I am, some stupid redneck with more money than sense?

That there is one of those newfangled wood pellet smoker grills. Cost about $250.
139143 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 24.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Boards
PinSound
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 15894 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 318.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside