iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
so-shatto-is-dealing-late-burns-to-the-49ers-v0-kr4yigcvzdpc1.png
IMG_5898 (resized).png
RDT_20240319_1906132562035229678710219 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240319_160503_YouTube (resized).jpg
432496760_913456790786597_8120864724896614595_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 1,506.
#10801 5 years ago

AP’s knees are spent. I’m sure they feel better with Smith at the helm, but some actually prefer Cousins. Skins are gonna go 8-8.

BE0F66FA-6EF7-4B11-BED7-D5001A6F1EE3 (resized).jpegBE0F66FA-6EF7-4B11-BED7-D5001A6F1EE3 (resized).jpeg
#10802 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, given their struggles last year and now obviously continuing into this season, Sarkisian should go. Falcons stats in the red zone are horrendous. They have no problem getting down there though.
Because they have Julio Jones (well, that’s all they really have) they try way too many pass plays within the 5 yard line. They need to learn how to run the ball in. Especially with the new rule that the defender can force the jumper out of bounds.

Devonte Freeman and Tevin Coleman ain't slouches. Show me a better RB1/2 combo. Sarkisian is an f'n regression and everybody sees it. The tools are there.

#10803 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

That game was like a continuation of the preseason. Unwatchable. Let's all hope for a better Sunday.

Halfway through yeah, but if you stuck it out, it was down to the wire. You had a pretty good idea which team was gonna win though.

#10804 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Show me a better RB1/2 combo.

Ajayi & Clement, or interchange Sproles into the mix. Freeman and Coleman definitely have the talent, but they're not utilized correctly.

#10805 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Redskins will win the NFC and AP is running for 2,100 yards. Gonna be sweet!

It's like groundhog's day in here

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Redskins Offense is getting scary and nobody realizes it. They have so many weapons that when Jordan Reed is out it just means more chow for everybody else.

To be followed inevitably by ...

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's humiliating and depressing being a Redskins fan.

#10806 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

...groundhog's day...

No offense on thumbs down, but we gotta make this go away

#10807 5 years ago

Stay Classy Cincy

#10808 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No offense on thumbs down, but we gotta make this go away

Would you be happy if I said "It's like Edge of Tomorrow in here" instead?

Edge-of-Tomorrow (resized).jpgEdge-of-Tomorrow (resized).jpg

Admittedly, Emily Blunt > Andie MacDowell.

#10809 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Would you be happy if I said "It's like Edge of Tomorrow in here" instead?

I would be VERY happy if you said "Edge of Tomorrow" instead of "Edge of Tomorrow's." (or any variation of plurals)

EDIT: I'd also take McDowell over Blunt...butthat's just me (huge Hudson Hawk fan).

#10810 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I would be VERY happy if you said "Edge of Tomorrow" instead of "Edge of Tomorrow's." (or any variation of plurals)

I see what you're talking aboot. I lazily figured it was a possessive day of observance but Wikipedia tells me I'm wrong, so fair enough.

Quoted from TheLaw:

EDIT: I'd also take McDowell over Blunt...butthat's just me (huge Hudson Hawk fan).

Indefensible. And I actually like Hudson Hawk too (or at least when I saw it in middle school). MacDowell's acting has not aged well.

#10812 5 years ago

Same old Chargers. A lot of people's pic to make the Super Bowl. Funny, I thought it was a home game for the Chargers but it couldn't have been. The whole stadium was a sea of red and everytime the Chefs made a big play, the crowd erupted.

I'm going to sound like a Drumpf supporter for a second but oh well. Go back to where you came from. Noone wants you here.

#10813 5 years ago

His name is Hill..Tyreek Hill..aka the cheetah. Huge game vs the bolts..

F922A2A5-4224-4EB6-87E7-F81A97B592FA (resized).jpegF922A2A5-4224-4EB6-87E7-F81A97B592FA (resized).jpeg
#10814 5 years ago

Well, that game might even bring Flank out for a celebration

#10815 5 years ago

Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaaaaaad man!

#10816 5 years ago

3rd and 2 you run it down their throats twice. You don’t give the ball back to Rodgers up by 6.

#10817 5 years ago

Few minutes ago I ordered my first NFL Game tickets!!!! Seahawks vs. Raiders in London. Words cannot describe how excited I am! I am watching every game on TV but with my job I don't have the time to travel to the USA. So perhaps this is my only chance to see and support my team in a stadium. Go Hawks!!!!

#10818 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

AP’s knees are spent. I’m sure they feel better with Smith at the helm, but some actually prefer Cousins. Skins are gonna go 8-8.[quoted image]

Of course I was joking about 2000 yards and the skins winning anything.

But I don’t believe for a second AP is shot watch him he’s got the moves.

And the skins didn’t look like an 8-8 team last night. I know it’s nice to get your first ring (I think I was 7 when the skins got theirs ) but don’t fool yourself into believing the birds are some unbeatable dynasty all of a sudden. A different team wins the nfc east every year no reason to think it won’t be different in 2018.

#10819 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And the skins didn’t look like an 8-8 team last night. I know it’s nice to get your first ring (I think I was 7 when the skins got theirs ) but don’t fool yourself into believing the birds are some unbeatable dynasty all of a sudden. A different team wins the nfc east every year no reason to think it won’t be different in 2018.

They didn’t look like an 8-8 team last night. I’ll give you that. I think they are definitely more stacked this year.

As to the Birds, are you related to Collinsworth? My team can’t even get due credit when they win a friggin Super Bowl, let alone with a back up quarterback (who did nothing with KC or the Rams before coming back here) and against the damn Patriots.

I never said they were “some unbeatable dynasty”, but Foles is so up-and-down that once Wentz comes back it will be a completely different story, assuming he stays healthy. He was slated to be the MVP last year, and would’ve had a ridiculous record-setting season had he finished it out.

#10820 5 years ago

When are the Giants going to give up on Erik Flowers? He was bad on the left side of the line and now he is bad on the right side.

#10821 5 years ago

I play Pro Line Point Spreads. I bet $5 on 5 games & if I get them all right, I win $100. Here are my picks this week:
JAK (-3) over NYG
NE (-6.5) over HOU
CIN over IND (-2.5)
CAR (-3.5) over DAL
PIT (-4.5) over CLE

Stupid Pittsburgh! Cost me $95!
And the Bills should be embarrassed.

#10822 5 years ago

Why would the Bears run a pass play on 3rd and 1? They would've had a better chance to put the game away.

#10823 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

When are the Giants going to give up on Erik Flowers? He was bad on the left side of the line and now he is bad on the right side.

He’s a bum

#10824 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

They didn’t look like an 8-8 team last night. I’ll give you that. I think they are definitely more stacked this year.
As to the Birds, are you related to Collinsworth? My team can’t even get due credit when they win a friggin Super Bowl, let alone with a back up quarterback (who did nothing with KC or the Rams before coming back here) and against the damn Patriots.
I never said they were “some unbeatable dynasty”, but Foles is so up-and-down that once Wentz comes back it will be a completely different story, assuming he stays healthy. He was slated to be the MVP last year, and would’ve had a ridiculous record-setting season had he finished it out.

Every single fan of every single NFL team thinks the media gives their teAm a hard deal. Even pats fans I bet.

I just got opinions like you got nothing to do with collinsworth or any other chump who gets paid to talk shit about nfl teams. I do it for free.

#10825 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just got opinions

We are all aware of that.

Watching the games tonight, looks like Matt Patricia shouldn’t have left New England, and the Jets are going to end up with a better record than the Giants.

#10826 5 years ago

Just wait till next year!

#10827 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

We are all aware of that.
Watching the games tonight, looks like Matt Patricia shouldn’t have left New England, and the Jets are going to end up with a better record than the Giants.

There’s games tonight? Sweet.

It was weird being in Finland on NFL first Sunday! But kinda cool that I could do a full day of stuff and start watching red zone at 8pm.

Glad to be back in the good ole USA

There’s no damn way the jets are any good!!

Raiders rams should be fun.

#10828 5 years ago

Another interception ... Maybe make that 2 years

#10829 5 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Another interception ... Maybe make that 2 years

Yeah, I think Stafford threw 4 picks. Not a good night for him. His only thought tonight “I miss Megatron.”

#10830 5 years ago

Le’Veon Bell is a piece of shit! I hope he looses his starting job to Connor. Holding out for money, WTF? Over paid enough as it is. He fucked a lot of fantasy owners including me and I hope he ends up flipping burgers at McDonalds.

#10831 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There’s no damn way the jets are any good!!

Jets will go as far as their defense can take them. The rookie QB had a good night but he will face many teams with a much better pass rush and the truth will be told.

#10832 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Le’Veon Bell is a piece of shit! I hope he looses his starting job to Connor. Holding out for money, WTF? Over paid enough as it is. He fucked a lot of fantasy owners including me and I hope he ends up flipping burgers at McDonalds.

Whatever dude. Boo hoo about fantasy football. I'll never understand that crap. Just watch the games and root for your team. Fantasy football, ugh. This is real life for him. Until the owners guarantee contracts, why should he guarantee one? Why side with a billionaire? And the word is loses, not looses.

On another note, my Rams shook off the early rust of not playing starters in the pre-season to stomp the Raiders in the second half.

#10833 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I drafted Bell #2 overall but handcuffed him with Conner so I am fine (so far).

#10834 5 years ago

Pats are in town for their re-match this week. Knowing Jacksonville, there will be as many Patriots fans in the stadium as there are for the home team.

#10835 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Week 1 is the most dubious time. Who has bets in?
I like the Rams -4 @Oakland and Chicago +9 @GB

If I had only placed the bets I'd be richer than astronauts

#10836 5 years ago

Which team will be the bigger f up this week? Chargers or Bills? I'm thinking Bills. I sure wish Bosa was playing.

#10837 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Whatever dude. Boo hoo about fantasy football. I'll never understand that crap. Just watch the games and root for your team. Fantasy football, ugh. This is real life for him. Until the owners guarantee contracts, why should he guarantee one? Why side with a billionaire? And the word is loses, not looses.

I understand the Fantasy stuff, why it's fun, why people get addicted to it. What I don't understand is why anybody thinks anybody else gives two shits about their fantasy team or how you did this week or how you think you'll do next week. Like...2 billion people play fantasy football why do you think I or anybody else cares about yours?

I could never do it. I did a fantasy baseball team once like 25 years ago, I didn't have the patience or temperment for it and keeping up with it just felt like more high school homework I didn't want, and I think it would ruin my enjoyment of the NFL and certainly cause me to either stock up on way too many Redskins or have to root against my team all the time.

#10838 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I understand the Fantasy stuff, why it's fun, why people get addicted to it. What I don't understand is why anybody thinks anybody else gives two shits about their fantasy team or how you did this week or how you think you'll do next week. Like...2 billion people play fantasy football why do you think I or anybody else cares about yours?
I could never do it. I did a fantasy baseball team once like 25 years ago, I didn't have the patience or temperment for it and keeping up with it just felt like more high school homework I didn't want, and I think it would ruin my enjoyment of the NFL and certainly cause me to either stock up on way too many Redskins or have to root against my team all the time.

FF definitely makes you more knowledgeable about who players are around the league. I was a lot smarter about random WR/RBs about 5 years ago when I was playing. It also made meaningless games a lot more interesting. The downside was losing a key top drafted player(s) to injury and basically having your season over before it even started. Too frustrating.

#10839 5 years ago

What also sucks is chearing AGAINST your favorite team because u needs QB or kicker to have a good week to win you ff match up.! I stopped playing ff too! Too much work.

#10840 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

FF definitely makes you more knowledgeable about who players are around the league. I was a lot smarter about random WR/RBs about 5 years ago when I was playing. It also made meaningless games a lot more interesting. The downside was losing a key top drafted player(s) to injury and basically having your season over before it even started. Too frustrating.

Ya gotta work that waiver wire and free agency. That's a big part of the fun for me. Some of my best players came off waivers or free agency. I lost multiple key draft picks and still came in second in my league. Probably would have been first if Zeurlein hadn't got hurt at the end. Definitely makes you more knowledgeable and the game more interesting for me.

#10841 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Ya gotta work that waiver wire and free agency. That's a big part of the fun for me. Some of my best players came off waivers or free agency. I lost multiple key draft picks and still came in second in my league. Probably would have been first if Zeurlein hadn't got hurt at the end. Definitely makes you more knowledgeable and the game more interesting for me.

No thanks. Someone lucks into a Rookie that blows up, losing by a couple of points because someone's kicker has a career game. Too many variables that made it just unfun after a few unlucky seasons in a row. Glad you like it. Not for me.

#10842 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

No thanks. Someone lucks into a Rookie that blows up, losing by a couple of points because someone's kicker has a career game. Too many variables that made it just unfun after a few unlucky seasons in a row. Glad you like it. Not for me.

You can research players and analyze stats. That's fun to me. Certainly, there is some luck involved, but it's not just luck. That would be boring just as much as drafting my team and sticking with the same guys all season. Zuerlein was a huge part of my team last season and I picked him up as a free agent early on. I hate it that I didn't draft him this year. How many folks think of a kicker that way? Look at what he did week 1, 17 points.

#10843 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I drafted Bell #2 overall but handcuffed him with Conner so I am fine (so far).

Whom the fuck didn't? Oh wait, I think we know 1 person

Don't be mad at bell, be mad at Roethlisberger ; they had aboot the same effort level.

#10844 5 years ago

Who Dey baby, glad the Bengals got off to a good start this season.

#10845 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Who Dey baby, glad the Bengals got off to a good start this season.

Break up the Bengals, 2-0! Andy Dalton shining in prime time.

#10846 5 years ago

It’s like the Bengals fans can already taste that first round playoff loss.

#10847 5 years ago

Looks like this thread will be forever mistitled, OP just...disappeared.

#10848 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Looks like this thread will be forever mistitled, OP just...disappeared.

The mods have updated it for us upon request the last year or two since Flank's been gone.

#10849 5 years ago

If that Clay Matthews personal foul is the new rule then things have gotten really out of hand.

#10850 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

AP’s knees are spent. I’m sure they feel better with Smith at the helm, but some actually prefer Cousins. Skins are gonna go 8-8.[quoted image]

Redskins sure didn’t look like an 8-8 teAm today!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
There are 75,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 1,506.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/217?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.