pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 1,514.
#10651 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on folks. It’s settled. The 5th ring settled it. The longevity settled it. The 8...EIGHT Super Bowls with changing
Casts of characters settled it. At this point it’s almost getting embarrassing to try to compare the two, BrAdy is so dominant in a side by side.

If Xerico did not provide you enough stats about performance and specifically big game performance to show you it is settled that Brady cant even compare to the GOAT, then nothing is going to convince you ever.

Brady just got beat by a second stringer in his 8th*** super bowl in a year of dominant reffing in his favor to even put him there... Your wins mean as much as your failures when it comes to the big game. It is still funny to hear you TB12 guys with you knee pads scrapping on the ground trying to come to his defense.

LOL! They got beat by a second strong QB with a second string coach by the EAGLES! Let that sink in and come back to us next year with some new stats.

IF TB12 can make it back and win another in year 41, then he has a chance of his secondary stats in individual SB games being compensated for by the false longevity and protection of the league which is now built around protecting the QB talent. Win another and do it over a dominant team and then we can put him in the real conversation. Until then, you all look silly after this latest performance.

#10652 6 years ago

Really good point.

It’s settled because nick Foles single handedly defeated tom Brady, therefore he is better.

There’s only one guy on a football team.

#10653 6 years ago

I would imagine that every quarterback that has ever played the game would be thrilled with a career like the one Brady had. And lots of people mention a league protecting QB talent, but in the same era that Brady is playing in, no one in this era is even close to touching him, and they are playing under the same protection. In the last decade he is so far ahead of everyone else that is currently playing.

#10654 6 years ago

Yea but he lost the super bowl.

#10655 6 years ago

I have to agree with CrazyLevi. Brady was not that bad in the game, and the Pats defense did suck. Not to mention the missed kicks did not help.

#10656 6 years ago

Yes he did lose the super bowl. But if I am not mistaken, the only QBs still playing with multiple wins is Roethlisberger and Manning who each have two compared to Brady's five. I do not see anyone breaking that record anytime soon. And I am not coming to Brady's defense. I don't even like him. I was happy for Foles when he won. He deserved it after the game he played.

#10657 6 years ago

Bart Starr is the only qb to win 3 consecutive NFL titles and he won a total of 5 titles. As far as dynasties go, they don't call Green Bay "Titletown" for nothing.

#10658 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If Xerico did not provide you enough stats about performance and specifically big game performance ...
Brady just got beat by a second stringer in his 8th*** super bowl in a year of dominant reffing in his favor to even put him there...

I guess the question is it better to get to the SB and lose to a back up or lose to a back up in the Champ game and not even make the SB like Montana did?

#10659 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I guess the question is it better to get to the SB and lose to a back up or lose to a back up in the Champ game and not even make the SB like Montana did?

if we are talking GOAT then I think your performances at the big game take precedent

#10660 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

if we are talking GOAT then I think your performances at the big game take precedent

Really? How bout when Joe Cool got blown out 49-3 INCORRECT SCORE 36-24 By Wade Wilson in 87?

#10661 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Really? How bout when Joe Cool got blown out 49-3 By Wade Wilson in 87?

not sure what game you are referring to?

#10662 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There’s only one guy on a football team.

Don't argue with Levi, he makes a good point. Now it is not about how many times a QB wins a SB, he can't do it by himself.

It's also tough to call a franchise a dynasty today, when only one player has been on that team the whole time. That is not a dynasty.

So today it all comes down to how many SBs a franchise has won and lost in the post merger era. 5 and 5 is OK I guess.

But the Steelers 6-2 record and the 49rs 5-1 and even the Cowboys 5-3 is more impressive than that.

#10663 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

not sure what game you are referring to?

Yep my bad I had wrong score...fixed.

#10664 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's also tough to call a franchise a dynasty today, when only one player has been on that team the whole time. That is not a dynasty.
So today it all comes down to how many SBs a franchise has won and lost in the post merger era. 5 and 5 is OK I guess.
But the Steelers 6-2 rcord and the 49rs 5-1 and even the Cowboys 5-3 is more impressive than that.

Dynasty (depending on definition) is almost impossible in today's game with the cap/free agency. Always tough to tell what is more important. 70s Steelers are a much better team than any NE but doing it with totally diff'rent teams is so impressive.
Just like Gibbs whom we talk aboot doing it with diff'rent Qbs.

#10665 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

NE but doing it with totally diff'rent teams is so impressive

It's only impressive because of the receivers and other supporting cast they brought in and out over the years. Without those guys they wouldn't have even been contenders.

#10666 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's only impressive because of the receivers and other supporting cast they brought in and out over the years. Without those guys they wouldn't have even been contenders.

Haha...receivers?

#10667 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha...receivers?

Yeah, like that big moose who helped them get back in the game last Sunday.

#10668 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, like that big moose who helped them get back in the game last Sunday.

What aboot the 4 before he got there? Much like the 2 SB Montana got to without Rice.
I think if we're gonna take a poll the Pats WR aren;t going to be the most revered bunch.

Quoted from o-din:

Without those guys they wouldn't have even been contenders.

So without the players on the football team the football team couldn't have won those SBs...um ok.

#10669 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think if we're gonna take a poll the Pats WR aren;t going to be the most revered bunch.

I think if you watch them they rarely drop balls that come their way.

#10670 6 years ago

Yeah Joe Montana had no teammates, just a bunch of scrubs, never heard of any of those guys and I can't even remember the coach's name. Singlehandedly won super bowls. Somehow wasn't able to replicate it in Kansas City but that's probably cause of bad coaching.

Also, it was WAY harder to put together a solid team back in the pre-salary cap days!

Am I being sarcastic? I don't even know anymore! This thread is making me dumber by the minute.

#10671 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This thread is making me dumber by the minute.

Is that possible? Ha ha just kidding Levi.

#10672 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Somehow wasn't able to replicate it in Kansas City but that's probably cause of bad coaching.

Nah, that's because he got beat in the playoffs single handedly by the greatest QB of all time. An believe me, that guy didn't have much help.

#10673 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nah, that's because he got beat in the playoffs single handedly by the greatest QB of all time. An believe me, that guy didn't have much help.

Far out man

#10674 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wade Wilson?

#10675 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wade Wilson?

I think he meant Joe Theisman, who single-handedly wiped the floor with Montana's rag-doll like body in 1983.

Or maybe he means Jeff Hostetler, that HOF world-beater who absolutely destroyed Montana in 1990. The same Hostetler who also obliterated that scrub loser Jim Kelly a week later.

Montana = JAG. Sure he could game-manage when given a superior team but when he had to do it on his own he lost to backups like Hostetler.

See how easy this is? Arguing NFL the Odin way - ANYBODY can do it!

#10676 6 years ago

Wade Wilson was an awesome QB. I saw him single handedly beat the playoff bound Rams at Anaheim stadium back in the day.

But this is the game I was referring to. It took ten years, but revenge was finally served.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#10677 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wade Wilson was an awesome QB. I saw him single handedly beat the playoff bound Rams at Anaheim stadium back in the day.
But this is the game I was referring to. It took ten years, but revenge was finally served.

Remember when he got hurt as a Saints QB and the home crowd started cheering?

Prepare to be entertained!

(also Wade Wilson sucked)

#10678 6 years ago

I got the wrong year. In 1987 the Rams did not go to the playoffs.

But this was fun to watch!

"Rams blew another 4th quarter lead; Wade Wilson hit Hassan Jones on a 41-yard touchdown pass, his third of the game, to win it."

#10679 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Prepare to be entertained!

I remember that rant! lol.

This is one of my all time favorites by Mora.

#10680 6 years ago

Easy to go down the Jim Mora rabbit hole. Once he out of the blue called into some local cable sports show to say it makes him wants to vomit and the guys on the show are idiots. He was a good coach but couldn't win a playoff game.

#10681 6 years ago

True, but he was the best at the podium.

#10683 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wade Wilson was an awesome QB.

Deadpool (resized).pngDeadpool (resized).png

#10684 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If Xerico did not provide you enough stats about performance and specifically big game performance to show you it is settled that Brady cant even compare to the GOAT, then nothing is going to convince you ever.
Brady just got beat by a second stringer in his 8th*** super bowl in a year of dominant reffing in his favor to even put him there... Your wins mean as much as your failures when it comes to the big game. It is still funny to hear you TB12 guys with you knee pads scrapping on the ground trying to come to his defense.
LOL! They got beat by a second strong QB with a second string coach by the EAGLES! Let that sink in and come back to us next year with some new stats.
IF TB12 can make it back and win another in year 41, then he has a chance of his secondary stats in individual SB games being compensated for by the false longevity and protection of the league which is now built around protecting the QB talent. Win another and do it over a dominant team and then we can put him in the real conversation. Until then, you all look silly after this latest performance.

"Then we can put him in the conversation..."

You sound very smart about football, do you have a blog I can subscribe to?

#10685 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wade Wilson was an awesome QB.

Yes his career 57.3 completion rating only matched by his 99-102 TD to INT was a sight to behold. Man remember that one year when he threw 15 TDs...whoooaaaa.

#10686 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes his career 57.3 completion rating only matched by his 99-102 TD to INT was a sight to behold. Man remember that one year when he threw 15 TDs...whoooaaaa.

Well, he once beat Joe Montana, personally.

On the other hand, he also once lost a game to Gus Frerrote!

It can be really confusing sometimes trying to figure out who is better than who with all these guys losing to scrubs all the time.

#10687 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I meant he was awesome on the day he played the Rams. lol

Anyway, I still find it funny that some are going on and on about the loser of this year's super bowl and three of his last five being the greatest of all time. lol.

Then certainly Jim Kelly belongs in the discussion as he took his team to four straight super bowls. A feat that was never done before and has not been replicated since.

That's right. Four in a row!

#10688 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I meant he was awesome on the day he played the Rams. lol
Anyway, I still find it funny that some are going on and on about the loser of this year's super bowl and three of his last five being the greatest of all time. lol.
Then certainly Jim Kelly belongs in the discussion as he took his team to four straight super bowls. A feat that was never done before and has not been replicated since.
That's right. Four in a row!

Jim Kelly CHOKED in most of those super bowls, and was let down by his teammates as well. We all know about Thurman Thomas being unable to find his helmet in his first drive against the Redskins.

Kelly is never gonna in the conversation as GOAT because he lost all those Super Bowls, playing poorly in most of them. But he's in the Hall of Fame and in good health, so I doubt he really gives a shit.

The only GOAT conversation he's in right now is "best ever Bills QB." I'd say he's got that on lockdown.

#10689 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then certainly Jim Kelly belongs in the discussion as he took his team to four straight super bowls.

He's not but he's up there...cetain(t)ly better than Marino, whom barely looks down on Moon.

#10690 6 years ago

Well, we never may come to a consensus on any of this, but one thing I know for sure.

In the Super Bowl, when quarterbacks play each other, Eli Manning is hands down the better QB than Tom Brady.

#10691 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In the Super Bowl, when quarterbacks play each other, Eli Manning is hands down the better QB than Tom Brady.

Correct

#10692 6 years ago

Jimmy G signs a massive contract with the 49ers. I believe $74 million guaranteed for 3 year - $137 million 5-year deal.

#10693 6 years ago

And that's how I have a hard time wrapping my head around this greatest of all time shit.

How can you be the greatest of all time when you got beat twice in the big game by the same QB who is not the greatest of all time?

#10694 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And that's how I have a hard time wrapping my head around this greatest of all time shit.
How can you be the greatest of all time when you got beat twice in the big game by the same QB who is not the greatest of all time?

Because it's a team game and Eli didn't "beat" Tom Brady, just like Foles didn't "beat" Tom Brady.

You've been watching football for like 60 years and you don't get that?

You have to look at the totality of career. Not too many people are gonna say Leon Spinks was a better boxer than Muhammad Ali just because he beat him. These are things you generally have to explain to a 6-year old.

#10695 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's confusing to all of us. I don't understand how you can be the greatest of all time when you consistently lose in the Playoffs before the super bowl. 13 years and you can only muster 4 super bowls? Jeez.

#10696 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Because it's a team game and Eli didn't "beat" Tom Brady.

You've been watching football for like 60 years and you don't get that?

I totally get it. That's the ridiculousness of all this. Without a great team or some advantage or luck, you don't win no matter who the QB is.

And only 50 years, thank you very much!

#10698 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I totally get it. That's the ridiculousness of all this. Without a great team or some advantage or luck, you don't win no matter who the QB is.

Boil it down to this - you are assembling a football team. You can pick all players from all eras, for one championship game against a team of similar strength.

WHo do you want to pick? That's who you think the greatest QB of all time is. You'd pick Montana. I'd pick Brady.

Nobody would pick Wade Wilson. A few Bills fans might pick Jim Kelly even though tended to choke in the big games. etc. etc. etc.

#10699 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

WHo do you want to pick? That's who you think the greatest QB of all time is. You'd pick Montana. I'd pick Brady.

Actually when I used to play Madden I had pretty good luck with the 85 Bears or 86 Giants. Mostly because of those lickety split running backs. Never had much luck with that Niners team.

#10700 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Actually when I used to play Madden I had pretty good luck with the 85 Bears or 86 Giants.

it wasn't because of Jim McMahan?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 75,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/214?hl=mfsrc791 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.