pasted_image (resized).png
nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
carmichael.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,778 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 1,516.
#10451 6 years ago

That was the third most painful football game in my life for me to watch.

Congratulations to the Eagles and their fans.

Ok, with that out of the way I'm going to slink into a corner and be depressed for a month.

#10452 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Congrats Eagles!! Great game. Who’s their starting QB next year? Wentz or Foles?

Wentz ....Foles a very content back up

#10453 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Wentz ....Foles a very content back up

Nope. Some QB-starved team will give up a 2nd rounder for Foles which the Eagles will gleefully accept.

#10454 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Wentz. The question is where does Foles play next year.

Thats the real question. Great game!

#10455 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Can't believe noone is talking about the Eagles bobble touchdown that should have been overturned

@O-din?

#10456 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pats 18
Eagles 10
LTG : )

Guess again! lmao both teams scored more than 28 each

#10457 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I'm happy for the Eagles, but not for the Eagles fans. They're the worst.

Are you sure about that?

IMG_20180204_214251 (resized).jpgIMG_20180204_214251 (resized).jpg

#10458 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Are you kidding? Can't believe noone is talking about the Eagles bobble touchdown that should have been overturned. By the time he got control of the ball his foot was clearly out of bounds. I think it was payback for all the calls that in the past always seemed to go the Patriots way.

Meh, it was a pretty close call, I might have called it the other way initially but I can understand why they didn’t overrule it (When did he have possession? And was his foot definitely out of bounds anyway? Couple of tough calls there). Will give Boston something to bitch about until next year though, so there’s that.

On to another seemingly controversial TD, I haven’t watched enough football this year to be up on the rules stupidity, but is there really an argument for a guy making a clean catch, taking three good steps, and breaking the plane but not having a TD (nor a fumble, but instead an incompletion)?

#10459 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Are you kidding? Can't believe noone is talking about the Eagles bobble touchdown that should have been overturned. By the time he got control of the ball his foot was clearly out of bounds. I think it was payback for all the calls that in the past always seemed to go the Patriots way.
Gotta give Foles credit. He played lights out and clutch the last two games after looking pathetic before that.

NOPE! The call was correct.

#10460 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Why cause it went your way similar plays in other games were called non td's so game was totally rigged and biased the NFL needs to get there rules straight and consistent

#10461 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

, I haven’t watched enough football this year to be up on the rules stupidity, but is there really an argument for a guy making a clean catch, taking three good steps, and breaking the plane but not having a TD (nor a fumble, but instead an incompletion)?

Well... there is this play which went the way of the patriots.... it's a dumb rule... if you have control when the football breaks the plane it's a touchdown. But under this rule if the ground causes a fumble it's an incomplete pass even after the ball cross the goal line.

#10462 6 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

Well... there is this play which went the way of the patriots.... it's a dumb rule... if you have control when the football breaks the plane it's a touchdown. But under this rule if the ground causes a fumble it's an incomplete pass even after the ball cross the goal line.
» YouTube video

Does anyone defend that rule? Seems completely contrary to the NFL approach to touchdowns in general.

#10463 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Why cause it went your way similar plays in other games were called non td's so game was totally rigged and biased the NFL needs to get there rules straight and consistent

You're having some serious sour grapes. Eagles coaches out played Bleicheat, DEAL.

#10464 6 years ago

Here’s what I don’t get....super bowl played at a neutral site...but the stadium played the Patriots defense home field foghorn on 3rd and 4th downs. Why?

#10465 6 years ago

So sick of fans of losing teams always whining about the officials.

It's part of the game and always will be. If you don't like it, stop watching.

No SANE person is going to say that officiating (good, bad, or otherwise) had any significant role in the outcome of the Super Bowl. On a day when both teams were good, Eagles were the better team and the Eagles won, simple as that.

#10466 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

noone is talking about the Eagles bobble touchdown

Possession of the ball, two feet down, crossing the goal line....

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#10467 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So sick of fans of losing teams always whining about the officials. This counts when the Pats win or whomever wins.
It's part of the game and always will be. If you don't like it, stop watching.
No SANE person is going to say that officiating (good, bad, or otherwise) had any significant role in the outcome of the Super Bowl. Eagles were the better team and the Eagles won, simple as that.

No it has to do with all the whining about the pats getting all the calls supposedly so shove your hypocrisy

#10468 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

No it has to do with all the whining about the pats getting all the calls supposedly so shove your hypocrisy

Derrerrrrrrp

When did I ever complain about the pats getting all the calls? Not my style.

Pats got schooled by a backup today man. It happens. Officials had nothing to do with it.

#10469 6 years ago

the fact that the Eagles won and overcame all penalties makes them super champions

#10470 6 years ago

That was easily the best super bowl I've ever seen.

For pinside pats fans/supporters; stay classy, no one lost that game, it's just that the eagles won. Nick Foles very deserved MVP but so many great plays on both sides of the ball. Very exciting super bowl.

#10471 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

You are high. It wasn't even close. He bobbled the ball, then secured it, then the left foot clearly came down out of bounds. I'm an impartial observer. Not a fan of either team, so I have no bias in my judgement.

The other play I thought was absurd was how long it took to confirm the last touchdown. Ertz clearly made the catch, took two steps towards the end zone, then leaped with hands outstretched and broke the plane before the ground caused the fumble. And you had those stupid announcers saying it was a close call. Seriously?

Ultimately, it came down to a blown blocking assignment and Brady not taking care of the ball, and fumbling the championship away. Montana never would have done that.

#10472 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Possession of the ball, two feet down, crossing the goal line....

He did not have possession until after his left foot was in the air. He then gained possession and his left foot clearly came down out of bounds. But who really cares. How did the ribs come out?

#10473 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Are you sure about that?

I've never sat by a Patriots fan, but I can't imagine they could possibly be worse.

#10474 6 years ago

Which NFL franchise has lost the most super bowls?

23z0ge (resized).jpg23z0ge (resized).jpg

#10475 6 years ago

Has anyone else noticed the sharp decline in the quality of Super Bowl commercials the last couple of years? They used to be funny and edgy. Now, half the time I couldn't figure out what the hell they were selling.

Now you got Honda showing a guy in a blue shirt just staring into the camera, and that horrific one where they take Honda owners out of the airport security line to scare the crap out of them like they are suspected terrorists. Then they show them cancer patient testimonials and how If you don't buy a Honda you are killing children with cancer. You better buy a Honda or we're not giving these cancer kids shit.

Anheiser Busch and their Buy one of are beer mugs and we will donate water to starving thirsty African children. If you don't buy are mug, we won't give them shit. You don't buy are products? You just killed a bunch of poor children.

These dbag corporate executives don't give a shit about cancer or poor starving people in 3rd world countries. It's sickening that they're using these causes to sell their crappy products.

#10476 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Technically they are now tied with Denver with 5.

#10477 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Now you got Honda showing a guy in a blue shirt just staring into the camera, and that horrific one where they take Honda owners out of the airport security line to scare the crap out of them like they are suspected terrorists. Then they show them cancer patient testimonials and how If you don't buy a Honda you are killing children with cancer. You better buy a Honda or we're not giving these cancer kids shit.
Anheiser Busch and their Buy one of are beer mugs and we will donate water to starving thirsty African children. If you don't buy are mug, we won't give them shit. You don't buy are products? You just killed a bunch of poor children.
These dbag corporate executives don't give a shit about cancer or poor starving people in 3rd world countries. It's sickening that they're using these causes to sell their crappy products.

The airport security commercial was for Hyundai, not Honda.

Agreed that the commercials didn't seem to be up to par with past years for humor or being thought provoking. The group at our house really only laughed at 2 ads I think, the NFL one with Eli Manning and the Jack Links jerky ad.

Great football game otherwise....
Almost as good as last years!

#10478 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Technically they are now tied with Denver with 5.

Oh yeah. There's always next year. But for today, it's all over except for a little time by the campfire

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

marshmallows (resized).jpgmarshmallows (resized).jpg

#10479 6 years ago

Good clean game, entertaining half time show, plenty of beer and underdogs win - what's not to like
Commercials were not that great, except Tide who rose above the rest. I've never bought a detergent in my life, but if I do it'll be tide

#10480 6 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Commercials were not that great

The only thing worse than the commercials was the halftime show. And I don't have the heart to post a pic of Brady getting stripped in the 4th. Actually I do, but it's as hard to find as that post game interview with bililoser.

#10481 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Meh, it was a pretty close call, I might have called it the other way initially but I can understand why they didn’t overrule it (When did he have possession? And was his foot definitely out of bounds anyway? Couple of tough calls there). Will give Boston something to bitch about until next year though, so there’s that.
On to another seemingly controversial TD, I haven’t watched enough football this year to be up on the rules stupidity, but is there really an argument for a guy making a clean catch, taking three good steps, and breaking the plane but not having a TD (nor a fumble, but instead an incompletion)?

He was ruled a runner. Only has to cross the plane. Obvious good call.

-Pats fan

#10482 6 years ago

I would like to hear the full story on the Butler benching

#10483 6 years ago

the only non-calls I saw the whole game were around PI and they seemed to just let them play on both sides.

The most flagrant were the obvious PI on the 2pt conversion attempts, which were not called.

#10484 6 years ago

22928 (resized).jpeg22928 (resized).jpeg

#10485 6 years ago

E...A...G...L...E...S.....Eagles!!!!! Suck it Brady. That's what happens when before the game you're interviewed, and you say "Well they can try to win."

And then Brady leaves the field without shaking the hand of Foles. What a pompous ass.

#10486 6 years ago

What I really want to know is why they benched Malcolm Butler? One of the better tacklers on the team and they desperately needed to make better tackles. Unfortunately Bill will never let us know why he made that (poor) decision.

#10487 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Which nfl franchise has been to half the Superbowls in the last 16 years

d03b2743812b4311afa4943423961b249c226db2 (resized).jpgd03b2743812b4311afa4943423961b249c226db2 (resized).jpg

#10488 6 years ago

At least they didn't have to cheat to lose this one.

#10489 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Which nfl franchise has been to half the Superbowls in the last 16 years

and they still lost to a backup QB being coached by a backup...

you would think with all their talent and experience that they could have won this one. LOL. nice capstone for TB12, definitely seems that ego got ahead of them.

#10490 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Here’s what I don’t get....super bowl played at a neutral site...but the stadium played the Patriots defense home field foghorn on 3rd and 4th downs. Why?

The Patriots were technically the home team as that honor is traded back and forth each year. Mostly meaning they get to pick which jersey they wear and the away team gets to call the coin toss.

All the other things aside, it was a great game to watch and both teams fought their hearts out. And yes those ribs were the best I've ever made. Fall off the bone and tasty! The home made chips and guacamole didn't last very long....

#10491 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you would think with all their talent and experience that they could have won this one. LOL. nice capstone for TB12, definitely seems that ego got ahead of them.

Talent and experience don't always win. Remember when the 2001 Patriots beat the Rams? Who was the more talented team then? Don't always assume the favorite is going to win. Plus Brady had a good game. Put up the most passing yards in a playoff game. Patriots defense was terrible though.

#10492 6 years ago

What a great game from start to finish. Brady is ageless and Foles looked calm like it was any other game.

Steelers fans have to be pissed that neither TD was reversed. Change the rule already.

The Eli/Odell dancing commercial was creepy.

Time to eliminate the half-time show if they aren't going to have musicians that most football fans like.

#10493 6 years ago

I like to rewatch games when I'm sober. So on Tivo there's a skip commercials feature for some recorded shows. For some reason, it is skipping the game and going to commercial breaks!

#10494 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Brady had a good game. Put up the most passing yards in a playoff game. Patriots defense was terrible though.

I saw a headline "Eagles Win Best Game of Tom Brady's Career," which seems pretty accurate. The guy's an idiot but he's one hell of a football player, and he had a hell of a game (doesn't hurt to have Gronk receiving, but still), so you can't hang the loss on him.

#10495 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I like to rewatch games when I'm sober. So on Tivo there's a skip commercials feature for some recorded shows. For some reason, it is skipping the game and going to commercial breaks!

Tivo is doing that as a gimmick - not sure if there's a way to turn it off!

#10496 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

so you can't hang the loss on him.

really? That sack fumble was his poor decision (ego got in his way that time). Combined with his inability to catch that pass...

I would say those were the 2 biggest plays that would have changed the game.

#10497 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I like to rewatch games when I'm sober.

I drank so much beer yesterday my liver is throbbing. But now I must go to work.

#10498 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Talent and experience don't always win. Remember when the 2001 Patriots beat the Rams? Who was the more talented team then? Don't always assume the favorite is going to win. Plus Brady had a good game. Put up the most passing yards in a playoff game. Patriots defense was terrible though.

I definitely think Eagles wanted it more. You've got to think that this felt like a much bigger deal to the Eagles players who were there for the first time, compared to the Pats where this was just another Super Bowl.

#10499 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

really? That sack fumble was his poor decision (ego got in his way that time). Combined with his inability to catch that pass...

I'd say you are wrong.

The sack/fumble was a GREAT play by the D lineman it's hard to put that on Brady. Plus, who knows if they even would have got a first down much less drove down the field for a TD if that fumble didn't happen?

The Brady drop, it's also hard to say that's a game-changer. He wouldn't have scored a TD. he would have likely gotten a 15-20 yard first down reception and then run out of bounds rather than get creamed by a linebacker. And it's not like it was a PERFECT pass - a degree of atheleticism was required to pull that one in and Brady is a 40-year old man. The throw to Foles was right on the money and a much easier grab for the Eagles' QB.

I guess you can say anything "would have changed the game" but it's pretty ridiculous to try to pin the loss on Brady because of those two plays. How do you think the Pats would have done without his 500 yards passing?

#10500 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Whatever man. You had to scratch up two reasons why he did bad when there are multiple reasons he did good. Your usually not worth arguing with cuz I know it will never end. Congrats to the eagles they played a great game and congrats to Nick foles who played his heart out and deserves the win.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,778 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/210?hl=mfsrc791 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.