nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 1,516.
#1001 10 years ago

Any team on any given day can win, it's the NFL, just to get there a player must be among the best!!!!!

#1002 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So you end up with two teams with two of the best records in the league that haven't proved anything yet, because they haven't beaten any good teams.
And to the winner goes the spoils of the better team that is yet to beat any good teams.

Yeah, I think I get it now.
So like the year the Dolphins went undefeated and won the Super Bowl the deal is that there were no good teams that year except the Dolphins.

#1003 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

So like the year the Dolphins went undefeated and won the Super Bowl the deal is that there were no good teams that year except the Dolphins.

If the "no good teams" logic is used, why yes. Except then you could argue that there never were any good teams period. But I prefer to think that any team this far into the season with one or two losses is a good team, regardless of who they have played or beat.

#1004 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I will have to disagree. Carolina is a very good team. San Francisco, Indy, and Arizona are also good teams with winning records. All four of these are playoff contenders. You don't get to the playoffs or have a winning record if you are not a good team.

Yes they are good now but when the season started panthers , and 49ers where 0-2 they didn't have their s*#% together and you said it look at them now .....I think we're going to start seeing Seattle loss a couple of game from now on just wait and watch .......

#1005 10 years ago

In the end there can be only one.

#1006 10 years ago

Some coaches may rest some players for a game or two (or a 4th quarter, etc.) late in the reg season if their team already has a good record leading into the playoffs. Not worth getting your key players hurt worse than they already are, especially if there is not much to gain in trying to get another win. Better to let them heal up and be ready for the play-offs.
Yes, I realize home field advantage is important, and getting a bye for the 1st round of the play-offs is a big help.
Just sayin that if you already have a great record near the end of reg season, and if you are resting some key players, it could lead to a loss near end of reg season.

Go Saints!

#1007 10 years ago

Better to let them heal up and be ready for the play-offs.

This can be a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. You don't want players to get hurt, but If you have already secured a bye week, and you keep key players out for more weeks, they can show up rusty when the playoffs start, and by the time they get in rhythm the most important game of the season may already be slipping away. We have seen this a lot recently as wildcard teams have gone on to take the title.

A few years back, Tom Coughlin decided not to rest his Giants in a "meaningless" end of season game against the Patriots. Sure they lost, but they burned through the playoffs and were well prepared when they met the Pats again in the big game. We all know how that turned out.

#1008 10 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Any team on any given day can win, it's the NFL, just to get there a player must be among the best!!!!!

Please share this info with the Texans!

#1009 10 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Yes they are good now but when the season started panthers , and 49ers where 0-2 they didn't have their s*#% together and you said it look at them now .....I think we're going to start seeing Seattle loss a couple of game from now on just wait and watch .......

Seattle is a very good team and are very aware of what they have to accomplish to reach their goal of winning the NFC Division and hosting through the playoffs. Your forgetting that Seahawks beat a bunch of good teams last year.
They have strengthened their weaknesses and that can be seen by what they have accomplished so far.
They have beaten teams like Carolina that have beaten the Pats.
Pats fans are nervous along with other teams about having to play Seattle. They just say these things like they are going to lose a couple because it serves their team better.
The Seahawks basically beat the Saints and 49ers and it's all in the bag for the NFC title.
Just watch and witness the Seahawks reach the Super Bowl.
Go Hawks!

#1010 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

This isn't about playoff loses, I'm well aware of the Chiefs lack of playoff wins. And pulling wins and losses from 14 years ago and later tells me nothing about a team that has absolutely no one here from those years from owners to management and coaches and players. Also the wins and losses you pulled from still isn't telling me they fade in the final 5 games of the season. I'm also well aware the Chiefs have been a pretty bad team for the better part of a decade. I've been a fan for 28 years at least, I can't remember if I was younger than 11 when I started following them, possibly but not sure. There is not enough information in the last 15 years to say they fade in the last 3rd of the season. Try again.

Unless it's the same exact team, you can't say that any team fades at the end. Just happens. Chiefs may end up at 11-5. If they're lucky 12-4. Either way they're on the road for the playoffs. Good luck in Foxboro.

#1011 10 years ago

Twister.jpgTwister.jpg

#1012 10 years ago

The Packers are horrible !!

#1013 10 years ago

The loss of Rogers was the death knell on an already suspect season for the pack

#1014 10 years ago

Yeah something is wrong ,they pretty much suck at every aspect of the game . It's not just Rodgers and the other injuries , They are bad .

#1015 10 years ago

Not to kick my Packer friends while they are down.... but HOLY SHIT! This feels soooooo good!! GO LIONS!!!!!

As I told my buddy CF - I am so tired of eating cheese!

#1016 10 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Not to kick my Packer friends while they are down.... but HOLY SHIT! This feels soooooo good!! GO LIONS!!!!!

MUH hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.......

#1017 10 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

But its funny because thats the only time you guys can beat the Pack, when Arodge is out so really not much to brag about, but go ahead if it makes you "scumbags" feel better

#1018 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

But its funny because thats the only time you guys can beat the Pack, when Arodge is out

Yo Bro - you did watch the game, right? One man doesn't make a team - go back to the locker room and put your big boy panties on and remember their is no "I" in team!

#1019 10 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

One man doesn't make a team

So true. The year the fish went unbeaten, they went without their starting QB for most of the season. How great a team that really was.
There used to be a time when having a good, well prepared back-up QB was as important as having a great starter. Starter goes down, season goes on.

#1020 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How great a team that really was.

Or how crappy their competition was, didnt you just have about 15 posts trying to prove that theory?

Quoted from Asylum:

One man doesn't make a team

If this were true, you would at least be close to splitting the W/L head to head with the Packers over the last 5 years. Arodge is the NFL's all time most efficient passer in the league history not just one guy. They refer to him as the Eraser, erases all the Pack's deficiencies by himself.

#1021 10 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Unless it's the same exact team, you can't say that any team fades at the end. Just happens. Chiefs may end up at 11-5. If they're lucky 12-4. Either way they're on the road for the playoffs. Good luck in Foxboro.

I'm just happy to be in a position to be in the post season after the abysmal 2 win season last year. If you would have told me the Chiefs control their fate in week 12 of the regular season and are a 99% lock for the playoffs I'd tell you to give me some of what you're smoking. Win or lose this has been a pretty successful year for a team with a new regime.

#1022 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Or how crappy their competition was, didnt you just have about 15 posts trying to prove that theory?

Not really. I was trying to point out that saying a team that was 10-1 only because they hadn't played any good teams yet was ludacris. I don't believe that at all. A win is a win in this league, and the playoffs will sort out the contenders from the pretenders.

#1023 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not really. I was trying to point out that saying a team that was 10-1 only because they hadn't played any good teams yet was ludacris. I don't believe that at all. A win is a win in this league, and the playoffs will sort out the contenders from the pretenders.

Dont even get me started on that weak ass 14 game regular season schedule Its like winning the championship of a 8team fantasy fball league.

#1024 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Dont even get me started on that weak ass 14 game regular season schedule Its like winning the championship of a 8team fantasy fball league.

A 14 game season may not have been as taxing as todays 16, but the team they beat in the championship was no pushover back then, and unlike today, there was no mid-season or end of season bye weeks and no home field advantage for having the best record in the league.
manny_fernandez_1972_12_31.jpgmanny_fernandez_1972_12_31.jpg

#1025 10 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Yep it was quite the win for the Lions , I just expected the packers to win that game because they've been winning that thanksgiving match up most of the time . Packers probably not making playoffs this year , Sucks that I have to wait untill next year and hopefuly they will be better . Football is the only team sport that I care about , watch , and have a favorite team . Nothing to hold me over til next year (accept pinball)

#1026 10 years ago

was watching the game tonight so at halftime hit the remote to see what else was on and 'BOOM'
Lady Ga Ga with beer can glasses singing that 'jets' song with Elton John....... amazing

#1027 10 years ago

Ravens over the Steelers 22 - 20.

#1028 10 years ago

Any games coming up this Sun or Mon night that look interesting to any of you football fans?

SUN, DEC 1, 2013 TIME (ET) TV
Jacksonville at Cleveland 1:00 PM CBS
Tennessee at Indianapolis 1:00 PM CBS
Chicago at Minnesota 1:00 PM FOX <-- da Bears!, ...might not win.
Miami at NY Jets 1:00 PM CBS <-- Can one of these teams please step up & play like they want to be a wildcard
Arizona at Philadelphia 1:00 PM FOX
Tampa Bay at Carolina 1:00 PM FOX
New England at Houston 1:00 PM CBS
Atlanta at Buffalo 4:05 PM FOX
St. Louis at San Francisco 4:05 PM FOX
Denver at Kansas City 4:25 PM CBS <--- That ought to be an exciting game.
Cincinnati at San Diego 4:25 PM CBS <--- important AFC game right there.
NY Giants at Washington 8:30 PM NBC
MON, DEC 2 TIME (ET) TV
New Orleans at Seattle 8:30 PM ESPN <--- I plan to watch this one. Go Saints!

#1029 10 years ago

I'll be tuning into the Saints vs Hawks.
Go Hawks! Clinch that NFC Title!

#1030 10 years ago

do people really call Rodgers "The Eraser"? How did I miss this news? That's got to be the worst nickname I've ever heard!

#1031 10 years ago

Miami at NY Jets 1:00 PM CBS <-- Can one of these teams please step up & play like they want to be a wildcard

Uhhhhh.............
BNBWATCH.jpgBNBWATCH.jpg

#1032 10 years ago

Who Dey time tomorrow baby!! Sorry to the Bolts fans, but I gotta cheer on my team.

#1033 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

do people really call Rodgers "The Eraser"? How did I miss this news? That's got to be the worst nickname I've ever heard!

If you are talking about Aaron Rodgers , I'm a fan and I've never heard of this .

#1034 10 years ago

Eraser, is pretty awesome! Does Tennessee even have a NFL team?

arnold-schwarzenegger-eraser.jpgarnold-schwarzenegger-eraser.jpg

DSC09301.JPGDSC09301.JPG

#1035 10 years ago

rip-bud-adams.jpgrip-bud-adams.jpg
#1036 10 years ago

Am I the only one who misses the Oilers? Ill never forget that playoff game Warren Moon lit up the Bills first half and Frank Reich plundered the Oilers D to complete the comeback. One of the most remarkable games Ive ever watched, that and the Boise St Bowl victory over Oklahoma from 6 years ago or whatever is a close 2nd.

warren-moon-04.jpgwarren-moon-04.jpg

#1037 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Am I the only one who misses the Oilers? Ill never forget that playoff game Warren Moon lit up the Bills first half and Frank Reich plundered the Oilers D to complete the comeback

That was a great game. And Earl Campbell was a great back in his day.
Earl-Campbell.jpgEarl-Campbell.jpg

#1038 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Am I the only one who misses the Oilers? Ill never forget that playoff game Warren Moon lit up the Bills first half and Frank Reich plundered the Oilers D to complete the comeback. One of the most remarkable games Ive ever watched, that and the Boise St Bowl victory over Oklahoma from 6 years ago or whatever is a close 2nd.

warren-moon-04.jpg 25 KB

The amazing thing about Warren Moon is that he was undrafted in the NFL. Played first in the CFL for the Edmonton Eskimos where he won 5 consecutive Grey Cups before then moving to the NFL Houston Oilers to have a successful career!

#1039 10 years ago

Campbell was a monster.Almost unbelievable to see what shape he's in today. As for the 14 vs 16 game argument, back in the day you had guys like jack The assasin tatum and fred the hammer williamson who would probably be called for every hit today. Not to mention defense and offensive line moves like the club to the head was legal back then. didn't williamson like to give the forearm shiver to the downed players kidney. There were no hamstring pulls or cuncussion rests, you were paid, you played.
God I miss Dan Fouts and air coryell. Especially when they played the dolphins with marino.

#1040 10 years ago

As for today, its almost enjoyable watching the jets get whallopped. geno smith back to the bench. nice dogfight pats vs houston. Yes, on any given sunday, any team can win. TB beating the lions 2 weeks ago still hurts. Look at the eagles go, they usually overlook and lose to the cardinals. Keep the pressure on Romo, he will implode soon enough.

#1041 10 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

God I miss Dan Fouts and air coryell. Especially when they played the dolphins with marino

I also remember one epic game between the Chargers and the Niners where Fouts and Montana really aired it out. You would also have to add Plunkett's Raiders into the mix for great games between all these teams of that era.

#1042 10 years ago

remember jeff george? That man could sling in sidearm for 50 yards,easy. Elway, young, marino, fouts,george,montana,favre, those guys could light it up through the air.

#1043 10 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

remember jeff george?

That guy was super tough. I never saw any QB take the beating that he did.

#1044 10 years ago

Enjoying KC vs Den. Even being a philly fan, I would love to see andy reid and alex smith win the superbowl.

#1045 10 years ago

108 yrd kickoff return for a td.
Longest play in Chiefs history!
Wow!

#1046 10 years ago

Ha!
During post game highlights Marino said "laces out".
Classic.

#1047 10 years ago

jeez washington stinks. WR's who can't catch. Someone tell me how cruz, the only WR in NY, is not bumped off the line and double covered?

#1048 10 years ago

I guess no one else saw garcons facemask being yanked down which allowed the strip. Announcers too busy yaking about refs blowing 4th down call. ugly game all around

#1049 10 years ago

Bengals "D" won another game for them despite Dalton.

#1050 10 years ago

Monday Night Football
Saints vs Seahawks
Going to be a great game!
Go Hawks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.