pasted_image (resized).png
nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
carmichael.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,778 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 1,516.
#10301 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The solution is to play the Super Bowl this Sunday and have the Pro Bowl in Hawaii in two weeks.

They did that once and it sucked. Super Bowl needs a full 2 weeks to prepare for and for everyone to get healthy. Pro bowl just needs to end.

#10302 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Billion dollar league goes cheap ass when it comes to refs salary so you get what ya pay for

NFL and college go cheap ass on everything and it's just sad. I understand like Microsoft tablets are a big advertisement and shit why the hell is the most important play of a game being reviewed on a goddamn tiny screen when everyone is at home watching it on 60+.
College is way worse with the amount of cameras they have. Boy Sorry we don't have a camera on the goal line for that one.

Anyway, same spiel diff'rent year for the pro Bowl. The whole point of it is a silly meaningless methadone game after the season is over to look back and curb the cravings. Moving it in front of the SB as always the dumbest idea.

#10303 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

They did that once and it sucked. Super Bowl needs a full 2 weeks to prepare for and for everyone to get healthy

More than once, and two of the the most recent times they turned out to be a couple of the most exciting Super Bowls in years.

I don't suppose you remember the game where the Giants beat the Bills on wide right.

#10304 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't suppose you remember the game where the Giants beat the Bills on wide right.

I do. That was a good one!

#10305 6 years ago

Sure the last couple decades has given us a lot of great games, but each team has already had two bye weeks this year. Back then they had none.

#10306 6 years ago

I did a little more research and it looks like the Super Bowl has been played 7 (?) times without a bye week, the last one being the game between the Buccaneers and the Raiders. It looks like that extra week is here to stay though unless some circumstance changes it.

#10307 6 years ago

Uff that SB was fucking garbage.

#10308 6 years ago

If you were a Raiders fan for sure.

Of course Gruden wrote their playbook. lol.

#10309 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you were a Raiders fan for sure.

I'm sure the 12 TB fans were thrilled.

#10310 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm sure the 12 TB fans were thrilled.

I won money on that one!

#10311 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I won money on that one!

I actually did not. This was a classic situation of NOT taking Alstot prop bet to score the first TD because it was "too obvious to happen."

#10312 6 years ago

It was a little too obvious with Gruden switching teams what the outcome of that one would be. But the Raiders got fired up late and tried to make a game of it.

If there's one plus about having that bye week, it's that now they are all played in February, and come 2020 it will be on my birthday in Miami. I can only hope the stars align and finally a team I root for gets there.

#10313 6 years ago

I will be at the 2022 Super Bowl in Inglewood watching the Rams beat some afc schmoe. Super Bowl is cheapened without a bye week.

#10314 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Super Bowl is cheapened without a bye week.

If you say so.

Super Bowl XXXIV – Rams 23 – Titans 16

#10315 6 years ago

Here is the entire list I came up with. Not sure why I remember that 49rs/ Bengels game as being one except maybe I blacked out for a week at the time. But yeah some real cheapened games in there. Except for maybe those three that rank among the all time greats.

Super Bowl IV – Chiefs 23 – Vikings 7

Super Bowl XVII – Washington 27 – Miami 17

Super Bowl XXV – Giants 20 – Bills 19

Super Bowl XXVIII – Dallas 30 – Buffalo 13

Super Bowl XXXIV – Rams 23 – Titans 16

Super Bowl XXXVI – Patriots 20 – Rams 17

Super Bowl XXXVII Bucs 48 – Raiders 21

#10317 6 years ago

Without that bye week there is no way T.O. Would have recovered in time for Philly and have such a great game against the Patriots. Too bad Mcnabb needed more heart and he just gave up. Ima big T.O. Fan because of the heart he showed.

#10318 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Those games all sucked.

OK then. I never was much of a Rams fan myself and I was rooting for both AFC teams. But both those games were close and very exciting to watch.

But man that Giants/ Bills game was at the time, the greatest, most competitive Super Bowl I ever watched especially after years of blowout after blowout. The bye was cancelled because of the gulf war I believe and neither team showed any ill effects of not having the extra week off.

Edit- yes you heard it here guys. I was strongly rooting for the Patriots to beat the Rams in that game. Now I'll go have another beer.

#10319 6 years ago

Anyone interested in this year's draft class yet? I'm interested to see where Lamar Jackson goes. Also I think Vita Vea and Roquan Smith will be great.

#10320 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Anyone interested in this year's draft class yet?

Of course! Every year my teams are fighting to get one of the top picks.

#10321 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Of course! Every year my teams are fighting to get one of the top picks.

That's exactly what is like to be a fan of a middling franchise. I wouldn't wish it on anyone

Do you think Miami takes a qb? I think I read they can release Tannehill now and get out of that monster contract for not much cap hit. I think Landry is leaving and they traded Ajayi so maybe they reboot the offense now?

#10322 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Do you think Miami takes a qb?

Do you think Cutler's ready to hang it up? lol

Whoever they pick is bound to be traded away within a couple years and go on to greatness somewhere else.

I'd be more interested to see what the Chargers do. At least they usually try to get the most out of their players before they send them packing.

#10323 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

That's exactly what is like to be a fan of a middling franchise. I wouldn't wish it on anyone

Thx for the kind words being a lions fan and the rating upgrade to middling franchise from the ultimate pathetic losers which will always be as long as the Ford's own the team

#10324 6 years ago

“Clarified him meaning Tannehill”

Oh yeah, that guy. I think they should keep him around as a backup and use him mainly as a receiver. That way when they do one of those trick plays where the wideout throws the ball, there is an actual chance it will make it to another receiver.

#10325 6 years ago

"OT Official 2020 XFL Thread" Too soon?

#10326 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

"OT Official 2020 XFL Thread" Too soon?

Oh god! Is McMahon really gonna try that again? He definitely had a lot of mistakes to learn from

#10327 6 years ago

As long as they have those hot tubs in the end zone and Los Angeles gets a team, I'm in.

#10328 6 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I’m torn on this years super bowl. Can’t bring myself to root for philly as I’m a skins fan and if they win I can’t dog them on never winning the big game anymore. Don’t want to root for the patriots because I have no excuse other than I’m a hater. Either way hopefully it’s a good game, with essentially no rooting interest that’s all I can hope for.

I’m in the same boat but it’s a no-brainer: I want the eagles to lose. Badly. Who gives a shit if the patriots win another one? So they have 6 instead of 5? Big deal.

Yesterday some asshole started singing “fly eagles fly” to me on the streets of Manhattan when he saw my redskins hat. I smiled and said “0-3 buddy!”

The eagles are insufferable and we can’t have them win their first super bowl. We just can’t.

That being said I think they win. I really don’t want them to, but I think they do.

#10329 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yesterday some asshole started singing “fly eagles fly”

The song Fly Like an Eagle came on my radio a while back. Steve Miller. A very underrated guitarist.

#10330 6 years ago

And an Eagle is about as American as it gets.

#10331 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

OK then. I never was much of a Rams fan myself and I was rooting for both AFC teams. I was strongly rooting for the Patriots to beat the Rams in that game. Now I'll go have another beer.

I'll go have another beer too. I also was rooting for the patriocheats. The Rams were dead to me for leaving and I didn't want that vegas showgirl ho of an owner who stole my team and had her husband drowned then relocated to the st. Louis home of the cheating "cardinal way" and their douche bag fans to win a super bowl.

I was ecstatic that the patriocheats won. But now they're back and so we must root for the Rams again Odin. Root Odin, damn you, Root.

As far as having the super bowl today, noone wants that. It would suck balls. The Super Bowl deserves a bye week. And frankly, I think Odin is being a contrarian for contrarians sake. Noone enjoys the bye week stories more than Odin.

#10332 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And an Eagle is about as American as it gets.

Says the turkey

#10333 6 years ago

5977469890_c44f04bc90_b (resized).jpg5977469890_c44f04bc90_b (resized).jpg

#10334 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

we must root for the Rams again

Even when they were here I rooted for teams like the Jets when they came to town.

Quoted from vicjw66:

As far as having the super bowl today, noone wants that.

Yes, yes he does!

#10335 6 years ago

Lol I was sad when your Noone posts died out. That was classic o-din

#10336 6 years ago

The Rams are not, were not, and will never be So Cal's home team. They came from Cleveland and when they went to St Louis it was a good riddance. The last few years they were here their woman owner drove them into the ground and even stars like Eric Dickerson, Kevin Greene, and Jerome Bettis couldn't hang with them.

The only true homespun So Cal team never felt the need to leave the state or the general area, and now almost 60 years later they have come home to where they started. The Rams may be paying for the stadium, but it is the Chargers that are the home team.

#10337 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The Rams are not, were not, and will never be So Cal's home team. They came from Cleveland and when they went to St Louis it was a good riddance. The last few years they were here their woman owner drove them into the ground and even stars like Eric Dickerson, Kevin Greene, and Jerome Bettis couldn't hang with them.
The only true homespun So Cal team never felt the need to leave the state or the general area, and now almost 60 years later they have come home to where they started. The Rams may be paying for the stadium, but it is the Chargers that are the home team.

The Chargers are San Diego's team, so are the clippers, and they can take the Angels and the Mighty Sucks too. Rams, Dodgers, Lakers, and Kings are all that matter. The others are loser franchises.

#10338 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The Chargers are San Diego's team, so are the clippers, and they can take the Angels and the Mighty Sucks too. Rams, Dodgers, Lakers, and Kings are all that matter. The others are loser franchises.

The Clippers will always be the Buffalo Braves to me. Bob McAdoo and Ernie D.

#10339 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

And the Rams are Cleveland's team. Which is where they should have stayed in the first place.

And you can send those Dodgers back to Brooklyn any time you like. Of yeah, and Minneapolis must be missing their Lakers by now.

#10340 6 years ago

By that logic then San Diego's real team is the Rockets as they were in San Diego before the Clippers moved there.

#10341 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

By that logic then San Diego's real team is the Rockets as they were in San Diego before the Clippers moved there.

Any team that leaves the state or comes from somewhere else should not be considered a home team IMO. Just like it's residents....

#10342 6 years ago

Los_Angeles_Chargers_1960_wordmark (resized).pngLos_Angeles_Chargers_1960_wordmark (resized).png

RamsClevscript (resized).pngRamsClevscript (resized).png

#10343 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Any team that leaves the state or comes from somewhere else should not be considered a home team IMO. Just like it's residents....

Unless it happened more than 60 years ago or like in the Rams case they return home. I was born in Culver City.

#10344 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Unless it happened more than 60 years ago or like in the Rams case they return home.

The Rams get the triple whammy. First they came from Cleveland, second they abandoned whatever fans they still had here and waited until after the move to invest in the team. And third they come back like non of that matters.

#10345 6 years ago

Well this view is bad news for Detroit sports fans since the Lions & Pistons aren't originally from The D

#10346 6 years ago

I think in Detroit, you should probably be happy for whatever you get.

Edit- and now it's just down to killing a little time since we have to wait a whole nuther week for the Super Bowl.

#10347 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think in Detroit, you should probably be happy for whatever you get.

Still the #13 sports market in the country.

#10348 6 years ago

Like I said... just killing time....lol

#10349 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Th Rams get the triple whammy. First they came from Cleveland, second they abandoned whatever fans they still had here and waited until after the move to invest in the team. And third they come back like non of that matters.

It was the showgirl bitch that was responsible for all that nonsense. When she died, my animosity towards the Rams died with her. Same thing happened when McCourt sold the Dodgers. I started going to Dodger games again. I umderstand your position though. You're from Orange County. L.A.'s little bitch to the southeast.

#10350 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You're from Orange County

To be fair to the Rams, I used to love those $10 game day tickets at Anaheim Stadium.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,778 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/207 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.