Topic Stats

• 28,711 posts - Hot topic!
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 minutes ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,222 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20210114-192118_Chrome (resized).jpg
tenor.gif
9ACB5E3E-8F17-48C3-A4AA-79635A1F4269 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210110-234440~2 (resized).png
2C01A9ED-E53D-41E2-B2C4-89F7DBBEAD53 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
tenor (34).gif
20210110_190411 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210110_174253.jpg
Screenshot_20210110-152012~2 (resized).png
20210110_160234.jpg
46c7de21fdbbb4e04d703ccd8f360044046b2ea0.png (resized).png
tenor (1).gif
8264_m_v2 (resized).jpg

There are 28711 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 575.
#10251 2 years ago

Apollo Creed?

#10252 2 years ago

Pete Rose?

#10253 2 years ago

Donald Trump?

#10254 2 years ago

What a bummer of a Super Bowl this one is gonna be. Eagles vs Patriots, in Minnesota.

Any combo of: Saints or Vikings from NFC -vs- Bills or Chiefs from AFC would have been so much more entertaining.

I wonder if this will be a low-rated Super Bowl compared to past 15 years or so concerning number of people watching on tv?

#10255 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

What a bummer of a Super Bowl this one is gonna be. Eagles vs Patriots, in Minnesota.

I don't know man. If the umpires and refs aren't partial to one team or another and let both teams fight it out on the field, it may turn out to be a most entertaining game.

#10256 2 years ago

Any combo of: Saints or Vikings from NFC -vs- Bills or Chiefs from AFC would have been so much more entertaining.
I wonder if this will be a low-rated Super Bowl compared to past 15 years or so concerning number of people watching on tv?

Well the first thing I wonder when reading that is does the "entertainment" of the game have any affect on the ratings?
Minnesota you think might pull the rating down because it's a much smaller market than Phili...but maybe more regional watchers?
We of course don;t know how it will shake out but if I'm thinking "entertaining" The Vikings certain(t)ly do not come to mind. A nobody QB, handing off to a nobody RB, solid ermaging WR but not a household name, no defensive players I can think of...etc etc.

Saints/pats would have been massive

#10257 2 years ago

XFL first pick. QB Colin Kappernick?

#10258 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Oh man they are gonna try to pay him a ton...good call.

He Hate me has to be a coach right?

#10259 2 years ago

And if any of those teams could have... how do you get there... oh yeah, if they had won the games to get there, they would be. I don't understand how you think the teams that LOST would make it a better game.

Maybe it should be the two losers in the conference go. Jax v NO. That would be better. They could call it the SuperThirdPlaceBowl!

#10260 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I don't understand how you think the teams that LOST would make it a better game.

Quite easily actually, players, match ups, offensive vs. defensive schemes etc etc.

N.O. lost to MINN on a last second TD. ALL the times this has happened before the statistics show clearly that the winning team not only loses the next playoff game but gets blown out. This is exactly what happened vs the Eagles and I trust the Saints would have done better than 7 points in and not scoring after the first 5 minutes of the game.

#10261 2 years ago

New England and Philadelphia aren't exactly small market teams.

People will tune in to see if Philadelphia can hang with the champs. And they'll stay tuned in if Philly is actually beating them.

#10262 2 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

People will tune in to see if Philadelphia can hang with the champs. And they'll stay tuned in if Philly is actually beating them.

I predict the Eagles will be beating them. At least, that is, until the flags start coming out late in the second quarter.

#10263 2 years ago

Patriots are the evil empire of football. Love em or hate em, you tune in to see them win or lose.

It would have been a ratings disaster if the Jags made it, imo.

#10264 2 years ago

I'm rooting for what ever numbers I get on the squares I've bought to put any winnings in the next pin fund jar which is pretty mt

#10265 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Patriots are the evil empire of football. Love em or hate em, you tune in to see them win or lose.

True. As a Pats fan, if they lost last week I wouldn't even watch the Super Bowl. That is because of the way the NFL handled deflategate. Before that, I was an NFL fan. I'd watch most games that were broadcast... except Thursday, those games are just bad because there isn't enough recovery or planning time. Even if deflategate was 100% true, the NFL went crazy with suspensions and draft pick penalties. There was a listed punishment if it had been true, and they went on a vendetta. I've probably watched 20-25 less games each of these 2 seasons because of it.

#10266 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I predict the Eagles will be beating them. At least, that is, until the flags start coming out late in the second quarter.

You must watch a lot of ESPiN

http://kingsofbostonsports.com/does-anyone-remember-the-national-outrage-when-the-colts-went-116-postseason-plays-without-a-penalty/

#10267 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

You must watch a lot of ESPiN

Not really. But I have watched a lot of recent games. And maybe without the refs help, the pats may have had to do a road game in the playoffs, and maybe not even made it past the first round.

And I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

#10268 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not really. But I have watched a lot of recent games. And maybe without the refs help, the pats may have had to do a road game in the playoffs, and maybe not even made it past the first round.

C’mon o-din, the fact that NFL refs favored another team one time conclusively proves Brady isn’t getting preferential treatment. Unbiased Boston media source FTW.

#theyhateuscausetheyaintus
#TB12
#glutenfree4life

#10269 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Let the butthurt consuuuuuume you...

#10270 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

C’mon o-din, the fact that NFL refs favored another team one time conclusively proves Brady isn’t getting preferential treatment. Unbiased Boston media source FTW.
#theyhateuscausetheyaintus
#TB12
#glutenfree4life

#manningmaniac

#10271 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Let the butthurt consuuuuuume you...

I don't get butt hurt over some fairy football team or their lame fans that I care nothing about and have no effect on me.

The way I figure it the refs might have helped limp them along so they could make it to the big game and really get walloped then. But in reality it all comes down to who stands to make the most money off it. And I'm not betting one cent on it.

#10272 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't get butt hurt over some fairy football team or their lame fans that I care nothing about and have no effect on me.
The way I figure it the refs might have helped limp them along so they could make it to the big game and really get walloped then. But in reality it all comes down to who stands to make the most money off it. And I'm not betting one cent on it.

Not pissed. Got it.

#10273 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Not pissed. Got it.

I only remotely get pissed when some patriots fan takes a shot at me.

But then I just laugh it off because they are some of the biggest clowns there are.

#10274 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

#10275 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I only remotely get pissed when some patriots fan takes a shot at me.
But then I just laugh it off because they are some of the biggest clowns there are.

Dude it's only football. It's a game, no reason to get upset. Every comment you made is about how the refs help the Patriots win this year. Look at how Tom Brady has been playing. Those 4th quarter comebacks are legit whether you want to admit it or not.

I know it sucks to root against him and I fully understand how people want the pats to lose. If I didn't live in new England I would want them to lose too. But don't be that dude bitching about the refs after the game is over. It just makes you come across as a sore loser.

#10276 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

No, it’s more like I sense.....
Under inflated balls and Philly practice spies who suck on Belechit. CHEATERS!!!

yes they have cheated their way to 5 superbowls..... got it.

come back in a week or so, it may be 6.

#10277 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don’t know about that one o-din. Reading through your 800 posts of you trying to bait and rile fairy fans says different... seems to me you care a great deal and have a lot to say about it.

PS: yup, 800.

#10278 2 years ago

I think the league truly needs to devise some form of game suspension protocol for refs who consistently are involved in bad calls; perhaps suspend entire crews as I believe they travel game to game during the season as a set group. Could be wrong on that. Regardless something needs to be done; as a life long fan I find frustrating that I no longer have a "clear idea" of the rules and how they'll be applied.

#10279 2 years ago

The stupidist thing the NFL does it has All Star reffing crews during the playoffs. They put refs out there who have never called a game together. Makes no sense.

#10280 2 years ago

Billion dollar league goes cheap ass when it comes to refs salary so you get what ya pay for

#10281 2 years ago

I read that they're part time & only meet once a year. The NFL should hire them full-time & have actual training sessions.

#10282 2 years ago

What a bummer of a Super Bowl this one is gonna be. Eagles vs Patriots, in Minnesota

Not if you're in Philly!!

#10283 2 years ago

Philly is a better team than people give them credit. I don't think I have ever seen a #1 seed be the underdog for two home playoff games. It would be interesting to see what happens to Foles if the Eagles win the Super Bowl. Wentz is the obvious starter but Foles would deserve to start somewhere.

#10284 2 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Philly is a better team than people give them credit. I don't think I have ever seen a #1 seed be the underdog for two home playoff games. It would be interesting to see what happens to Foles if the Eagles win the Super Bowl. Wentz is the obvious starter but Foles would deserve to start somewhere.

We shall see, Philly teams have been known to choke. I think the Eagles have been underdogs because of Foles, but he's been coming through along with the rest of the team.

#10285 2 years ago

Some guys are just backups. Being a game manager doesn't keep defensive coordinators up at night. Foles and Keenum are backups next year I think. Foles should stay with Phi. I think Keenum follows Shurmur to NY.
Sounds like the Redskins are considering franchise tagging Cousins a unprecedented 3rd time for a whopping 34 million next year

#10286 2 years ago

Let's get one thing straight. I am a football fan. And even if the team I root for is not involved, I want to see a fair game no matter who's playing. And I hate cheating no matter who is doing it. I have only pointed out my observations of what I have seen while watching these games.

That being said I hope the Super Bowl is a great game, and that there will be no controversy about why a team wins when it's all over.

#10287 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Sounds like the Redskins are considering franchise tagging Cousins a unprecedented 3rd time for a whopping 34 million next year

That would be just inane but I'd expect no less from the morons who run/own the team.

It's time to end this year to year bullshit. Try to sign him or let him go, either way we can't do this circus for another year. But we will because Dan Snyder is a fucking moron and so is his crony Bruce Allen.

And goddamn I'm sick of the pre-whining about the super bowl and the refs, give it a fucking rest. People are so sick of the game and hate the NFL yet they can't stop watching and bitching.

#10288 2 years ago

I thought about going to the Pro Bowl this weekend as it is nearby and the tickets aren't too expensive (probably cheap if getting them from a scalper). Then I remembered it's the Pro Bowl: probably the worst sports all-star game.

#10289 2 years ago

Pro bowl used to celebrate and showcase the best of the best, now it's just a dog and pony show that no one wants to see and players don't want to participate in.

#10290 2 years ago

The Pro Bowl is the worst all-star exhibition in sports

#10291 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

johnny manzel

#10292 2 years ago

I’m torn on this years super bowl. Can’t bring myself to root for philly as I’m a skins fan and if they win I can’t dog them on never winning the big game anymore. Don’t want to root for the patriots because I have no excuse other than I’m a hater. Either way hopefully it’s a good game, with essentially no rooting interest that’s all I can hope for.

#10294 2 years ago

Is the conclusion that you should buy his TB12 quinoa sports bars and drink water to avoid sunburn? If so, where do I sign up?!?

#10295 2 years ago

Another "who cares" moment in the world of professional sports.

#10296 2 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

The Pro Bowl is the worst all-star exhibition in sports

It's horrible. I stopped watching it years ago.

#10297 2 years ago

Offered SB tickets for face value of $950. Declined; as its a major cost pain in the ass to get to Minneapolis from Philly and hotels not exactly cheap. Also, not an Eagles fan.

#10298 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It's horrible. I stopped watching it years ago.

it should be cancelled forever. players want to relax, recover etc,. at seasons end... not front up for this crap.

#10299 2 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

it should be cancelled forever. players want to relax, recover etc,. at seasons end... not front up for this crap.

There is no solution to that shitshow. I'd rather see the two bottom teams in the league play for the #1 pick.

#10300 2 years ago

The solution is to play the Super Bowl this Sunday and have the Pro Bowl in Hawaii in two weeks.

How they ever went and screwed that all up is beyond me.

And while they are at it, they need to get rid of these oddball game start times.

"Oh so Monday Night Football starts at 5:26 PM this year. OK...."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 21.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 28711 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 575.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside