nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,766 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 1,516.
#10201 6 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

For people outside of NE and Philly, who are you rooting for and why?
I would think that the two fan bases are fairly universally disliked across the nation, so I'm curious to see who people want to win (or lose less I suppose).

A lot of people are going to be rooting for Philly. Philly fans, Steelers fans, people who root for underdogs and everybody who hates New England.

#10202 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

At this point I'll route for the Pats. Best coach & QB ever and they don;t have a ton of time left. I couldn;t stand them forever but as I've said before they out latest me.

Everybody hates the winners until they are gone, then you realize how special it was.

#10203 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You went from "I'm done" to "I'm rooting for Philly" in like 4 posts.

The I'm done part is thinking possibly there's a chance the refs will call a game fairly. I'm done hoping for anything like that anymore

#10204 6 years ago

I am hoping Brady leaves the game from a fair but solid hit early in the first quarter and the eagles win by 28 points.

I predict the refs will give this one to the Pats on a silver platter and they win by 10.

This one should at least be entertaining to watch.

#10205 6 years ago

Let's play a little game. How many penalties can you spot in this single pic?

DUGixaFWkAItxNN (resized).jpgDUGixaFWkAItxNN (resized).jpg

#10206 6 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I would think that the two fan bases are fairly universally disliked across the nation, so I'm curious to see who people want to win (or lose less I suppose).

NFC east reps!

#10207 6 years ago

Horse collar tackle, incidental face mask (5 yard variety), which all adds up to pass interference.

Quoted from o-din:Let's play a little game. How many penalties can you spot in this single pic?

#10208 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Horse collar tackle, incidental face mask (5 yard variety), which all adds up to pass interference.

Well, not sure about the incidental part on the face mask, but they were able to make that play real sneaky like as their only penalty of the game came on special teams.

#10209 6 years ago

Not everyday you get to dust off the ol "Face Guarding" flag.

#10210 6 years ago

One could argue he was definitely making a play on the ball.

#10211 6 years ago

Enough of the pre-whining about the refs if the call goes in your favor then that was a great call and when not the game was rigged and all your doing is building an excuse beforehand as to why your team lost b4 the game is even played

#10212 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Enough of the pre-whining about the refs if the call goes in your favor

Well when only one goes in your favor for 10 pretty insignificant yards and six go against you for 98 very significant yards, what do you expect people to say?

#10213 6 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Greatest coach? It’s called the Lombardi trophy, dontcha know.

For now it is, yes...

#10214 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everybody hates the winners until they are gone, then you realize how special it was.

As Wilt Chamberlain once said, no one roots for Goliath.

#10215 6 years ago

Lombardi Lombardi has 6 rings and Bellicheck has 7.

If you're not factoring Free Agency into it I guess you could wonder but being realistic it's not really that close.

#10216 6 years ago

I had heard it mentioned Shula was the greatest coach of all time with 347 career wins and one perfect season.

And when somebody handed him the opponents playbook he threw it away. He hated cheating and cheaters.

#10217 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I had heard it mentioned Shula was the greatest coach of all time with 347 career wins and one perfect season.

You may of heard it but it's not true. Great coach sure but he hung around forever with limited success for a big chunk of those wins.

#10218 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I had heard it mentioned Shula was the greatest coach of all time...

That's cause you're a Dolphins fan. No one has thought Shula was the greatest coach ever since around 1978

#10219 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's cause you're a Dolphins fan.

More respect for him came after watching the Football Life story about him. How he cared about his players and the integrity he kept in the game.

I'm sure if he was still on the rules committee, he would have been in an uproar over the officiating as of late.

#10220 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If you're not factoring Free Agency into it I guess you could wonder but being realistic it's not really that close.

It would have been great to see what he could have done in Washington.

But no, the NFL was only 12 teams in 1956, no salary cap, no free agency, etc. What Bill Belichick has done we may never see again.

#10221 6 years ago

In the 40 years George Halas coached the Bears, they brought home six NFL championships.

#10222 6 years ago

If we're talking best coaches of all time Bill Walsh has to be near the top of the conversation.

10 years as head coach of the San Francisco 49ers
3 Super Bowls

And creator of the West coast offense and the Niners were nothing before he showed up!

#10223 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

...What Bill Belichick has done we may never see again.

For me it's pretty well wrapped up you'll never see it again.
Put it right in there with Bill Russell/Celtics, Gretzsky points/goals etc etc

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

If we're talking best coaches of all time Bill Walsh has to be near the top of the conversation.
10 years as head coach of the San Francisco 49ers
3 Super Bowls

He's was in talks but has been passed. You can add 1 more SB on in reality much like Jimmy Johnson

#10224 6 years ago

No love for Weeb Ewbank here?

#10225 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No love for Weeb Ewbank here?

Shitty coach even if he beat Shula!

Since we are playing "old timer trivia" most people don't know Buddy Ryan was an assistant coach on the '69 Jets!

#10226 6 years ago

I just remember Buddy Ryan punching Kevin Gilbride on the sideline. That boy had spunk!

#10227 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just remember Buddy Ryan punching Kevin Gilbride on the sideline. That boy had spunk!

I was at the game that got him fired the next day from the Eagles and it was glorious.

Spunk or not he was an obnoxious prick.

#10228 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

incidental face mask (5 yard variety)

No such thing as incidental face mask anymore, they are all 15 yards.

The obvious answer is Offensive Pass Interference on Jacksonville for impeding the NE player path to the ball

#10229 6 years ago

Anyway back to this Super Bowl rematch. Does anyone remember Donovan McNabb running out of gas at the end of the last SB these teams met?

#10230 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Yeah Man, let the hate flow. And it’s Belicheat, not Belechit. If you are going to be butt-hurt, do it with respect for the greatest coach of all time, William Stephen Belichick. Or you could just call him Bill.

Belishit or Belicheat, you named it. Sounds like your his personal bitch and have butt-hurt issues your self.

#10231 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Anyway back to this Super Bowl rematch. Does anyone remember Donovan McNabb running out of gas at the end of the last SB these teams met?

Yes because T.O. was right...on a broken leg no less. McNabb was junk.

#10232 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I was at the game that got him fired the next day from the Eagles and it was glorious.
Spunk or not he was an obnoxious prick.

The "Bobby Knight" of the NFL.

#10233 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Belishit or Belicheat, you named it. Sounds like your his personal bitch and have butt-hurt issues your self.

I AM his personal bitch, thanks for noticing

The real issue is that my last Super Bowl champions hat is almost a year old. It’s starting to fade just a bit, so I’ll need another one.

As for all my Super Bowl champions hats, my favorite is still the first one. Super Bowl 36 in New Orleans. It’s a nice blue with red and white, and it’s styled awesome.

The low point of hats was Super Bowl 39. I’m still surprised they made a brown hat for the champs. Hopefully this next one is cool.

#10234 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The low point of hats was Super Bowl 39. I’m still surprised they made a brown hat for the champs. Hopefully this next one is cool.

Ugg yeah that one's not too pretty.

#10235 6 years ago

Not sure how I missed this yesterday. lol.

#10236 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not sure how I missed this yesterday. lol.

Ok, let’s break this down. James White scored the touchdown. Miles Jack tackles him well after the TD. Then gives him a nice slap in the face. Camron Felmming sees this and starts running over as Jack is jawing at White. Tony Steratore (the ref there) sees Fleming charging towards it, but as he gets there, Jack is backing off. So Fleming goes to white, but all of a sudden he has a ref running in behind him to prevent an incident. Steratore almost ends up breaking up the congratulations going on, and then laughs about it. He then can be seen backing away saying “I know, I know”.

You missed it yesterday because if you were watching, you could see the whole picture of how it came together, whereas in this video you can’t see the whole picture and where Fleming or Steratore were approaching from. You couldn’t see how the ref was actually coming in because from his angle, it looked like there was about to be a fight caused by Jack. And in the end he ended up reacting to the misunderstanding of what he thought Fleming was about to do in retaliation while defending one of his running backs.

That’s what you missed in that 8 second clip.

#10237 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Miles Jack tackles him well after the TD. Then gives him a nice slap in the face.

So really, there should have been another 15 yard penalty against the Jags on the ensuing kickoff. How they got away with that one is beyond me!

#10238 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Joe Gibbs is the greatest coach of all time.
You try winning Super Bowls with Doug Williams, Joe Theisman, and Mark Rypien!

Plus he had to play in a tough division and in the NFC. The Patriots division has been so weak, and even the AFC in general over Brady's career that it's almost like they get a bye right into the Super Bowl.

#10239 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Plus he had to play in a tough division and in the NFC. The Patriots division has been so weak, and even the AFC in general over Brady's career that it's almost like they get a bye right into the Super Bowl.

hmmmm....yeah I guess that's fair.
Although you might look at it as having to play 1 less game, because any NFC team was handed the Bel...er Lombardi trophy before the SB back then.

#10240 6 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I don't like either team, but as a casual fan watching the games yesterday I could not believe the amount of holding NE was getting away with during the second half, both on the offensive line and DB's. There was one really bad on the offensive line where it looked like the NE OL was bearhugging him from behind to keep him from reaching Brady, lol. It also felt weird that during the broadcast that when the Jag's would fail on third down and it looked like there was interference/holding they'd never show a replay, but every Jag one they were replaying multiple times, lol. I won a bet on the NE game, my son said the Jags have this in the bag (when it was 20 to 10 Jags) and I told him that NE will magically pull it out and win 24-20. Then I got to watch him squirm as the Jags got penalty after penalty and melted down, lol. The game felt predetermined, it was really odd to watch.

The Eagles have no chance in the Super Bowl unless somebody has the game of their life.

#10241 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So really, there should have been another 15 yard penalty against the Jags on the ensuing kickoff. How they got away with that one is beyond me!

While technically true, that stuff almost never gets called. A lot of players do things like that to either attempt to intimidate, or to get a reaction. And normally that reaction would get called. And to be more specific, the slap in the face could have been an ejection. But field judge Aaron Santi (#50) jumped right in and got between the two players.

Hey try to not interfere too much in the game.

#10242 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And to be more specific, the slap in the face could have been an ejection.

Was that the guy that already had a UC? If not no way you're getting ejected with a face slap.

#10243 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Hey try to not interfere too much in the game.

As long as they do that for both teams that are playing, seems pretty fair to me.

#10244 6 years ago

Facts are the refs have been extremely bad this year throughout the league.

#10245 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They play for the great Lombardi trophy. Bellicheck couldn’t hold up Lombardi’s jock strap.

#10246 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Joe Gibbs is the greatest coach of all time.
You try winning Super Bowls with Doug Williams, Joe Theisman, and Mark Rypien!

To be fair, Ryan Leaf could have had success behind that offensive line.

#10247 6 years ago

The NFC had 3 great coaches back in the day in Gibbs, Jimmy Johnson, and Parcels. Oh, and the Eagles had Rich Kotite.

#10248 6 years ago

Vegas insider RJ Bell is reporting that someone placed a 8 figure bet on the Eagles and has dropped the line 1.5 pts

#10249 6 years ago

Mayweather?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,766 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/205?hl=mfsrc791 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.