• maybe 8 votes
    5%
  • no but Im a complete moron 11 votes
    7%
  • give Hilton a nut punch 91 votes
    58%

(157 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,318 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20191121-123218 (resized).png
C0904844-0136-4A4D-A139-EA17BE01E9DF (resized).jpeg
Figuring-out-how-the-Packers-can-make-the-playoffs (resized).jpg
pats (resized).PNG
you-spelled-lose (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191117-163732~2 (resized).png
A5839A87-6E45-4B70-815D-6A28897DB2A1 (resized).jpeg
CB9C606A-7D97-403E-AFE2-E602614705CC (resized).jpeg
Truth (resized).jpg
3E6276FB-B4AB-4B2F-94D8-F13951D28692 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20191116-004028~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191116-003943~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191115-175453_Chrome (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191115-103557~2 (resized).png

There are 15977 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 320.
#10101 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Do you think CBS will let Tony Romo call a golf event?

The over and under on that is pointing out 4 bad calls against the Jaguars this weekend.

#10102 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Remember when romo would flirt with qualifying for the US Open? Do you think CBS will let Tony Romo call a golf event? The excitement and enthusiasm he brought to the nfl booth might translate over to the pga. As a long time pga fan Ive gone from watching almost every weekend to now watching the majors and a few other events. I think some new voices that aren't ex golfers would be refreshing.

Norm MacDonald would be a great hire for them. He live-tweets a lot of PGA events, and is pretty knowledgeable (not to mention hilarious).

#10103 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I gotta wonder if a guy like Tony Romo, who I think is doing a real good job as an analyst, keeps pointing out those bad calls, will have to start looking for another job if he keeps it up.

Not at all, that's not taboo anymore in the least. I heard it from crews all over the country all game day

#10104 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not at all, that's not taboo anymore in the least. I heard it from crews all over the country all game day

Just for $hits and giggles lets keep track of them this weekend. Not total penalties and yards for each team, but the drive killers and drive extenders that ultimately have a real effect on the outcome of the game. Maybe a few non calls in there as well.

#10105 1 year ago

Good idea o-din. Unfortunately, I'll be under the influence & won't be able write/remember.

#10106 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I saw that in some of the last Patriots games I watched where the refs made several blatant bad calls that helped them. I had a hard time fathoming that the league would do anything like that, but it was just too obvious.
Jags will need to do more than just beat the pats, they will need to beat the zebras too.

Steeler Game?

#10107 1 year ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

Good idea o-din. Unfortunately, I'll be under the influence & won't be able write/remember.

So will I but if it doesn't bother you guys I might post them as I see them.

#10108 1 year ago

I first noticed it in the Dolphins game where although they dominated every phase of the game, the refs made a bunch of chicken shit calls in the second half that let the pats back into it. Thus only a 7 point difference when it was all done.

Then there was last week, where in the beginning the Titans showed they had come to play, but by halftime there were so many bad calls against them, they just gave up.

As far as the Steelers game, I was always under the impression that once the ball touches the goal line, it is a touchdown, even if the ball carier fumbles after getting in.

It could all be just a coincidence though.

#10109 1 year ago

Let me just say, as a Steelers fan, all the big teams get the calls and they always have & always will. Steelers get more frikkin calls than anyone. And many are at the biggest time with the biggest bullshit attached like Super Bowl XL.

#10110 1 year ago

#10111 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Let me just say, as a Steelers fan, all the big teams get the calls and they always have & always will. Steelers get more frikkin calls than anyone. And many are at the biggest time with the biggest bullshit attached like Super Bowl XL.

The "Michael Jordan effect" is alive and well in all sports. Premier stars (and premier teams) generally get the benefit of the doubt from the refs. I highly doubt it's a coordinated or even a conscious thing. The refs are human, they've got perception biases just like the rest of us, and if they come in anticipating a certain kind of performance from Brady, or the Steelers, that's going to subtly shade their calls on marginal plays.

#10112 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Premier stars (and premier teams) generally get the benefit of the doubt from the refs

The last few weeks I've seen it go way beyond the benefit of a doubt.

#10113 1 year ago

I'm not a Pats fan, but I'm endlessly impressed by what they've accomplished.

Whenever it all ends I'll be disappointed, and I never would have thought I'd feel that way about a team I generally root against.

E.g. Indy can continue as a bottom feeder into perpetuity while Irsay skims Luck's painkillers and I will giggle weekly. I'm classy like that tho

#10114 1 year ago

I don't like the Pats that simple. Facts are Brady is arguably the best, or at worst the second best QB to have played the game and to boot he's part of a long running dynasty.

#10115 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

I don't like the Pats that simple. Facts are Brady is arguably the best, or at worst the second best QB to have played the game and to boot he's part of a long running dynasty.

Second to who?

#10116 1 year ago

Unknown (resized).jpg
Joe did it before those protect the passer rules.
Brady's certainly the king of longevity though.

#10117 1 year ago

Man what I wouldn't give to see Brady 07 v Montana 89. Moss vs Rice...

#10118 1 year ago

You need one of those Madden all time great games. lol.

No, I was just thinking, if they allowed Brady to get hit like Montana did play after play by guys like Lawrence Taylor, history would look a little different now.

Montana never got to see a lot of the TDs he threw because he was on his back.

#10119 1 year ago

Didn't Brady get his leg broke and these guys putting a lick on him are alot bigger than when Joe played so that should even out that aspect and Montana had Rice the greatest receiver I would give Joe the nod if he would've won a super bowl in K.C and had him #1 b4 Brady won 5rh super bowl

#10120 1 year ago

In 1994 they changed the rules to protect the passers and receivers so there would be more scoring. Brady is certainly the king of the post rule change years, bar none. Before that the QBs got hit almost every time they threw the ball with no penalty. When Brady gets hit 4 or 5 times in a game he starts to wilt.

#10121 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

In 1994 they changed the rules to protect the passers and receivers so there would be more scoring. Brady is certainly the king of the post rule change years, bar none. Before that the QBs got hit almost every time they threw the ball with no penalty. When Brady gets hit 4 or 5 times in a game he starts to wilt.

Impossible to tell what kind of numbers Montana would have in today's touch football, however it's obvious Brady's numbers would be lower had he played in the NFL 25 years ago.

#10122 1 year ago

His career probably would have been a little shorter too.

#10123 1 year ago

No telling what Brady's #s could've been with Rice and the west coast offense it made a star outta Steve Young

#10124 1 year ago

There's also no telling what a guy like #56 might have done to Tom.

Unknown2 (resized).jpg

Unknown (resized).jpg

#10125 1 year ago
Quoted from dhard:

...and Montana had Rice the greatest receiver...

He only had Rice for 2 of his 4 SBs.

I give the Brady the edge after the last one but whatever, they're both right there.

#10126 1 year ago
Quoted from dhard:

Second to who?

Exactly, that's why I said "at worst second".

#10127 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

You need one of those Madden all time great games. lol.
No, I was just thinking, if they allowed Brady to get hit like Montana did play after play by guys like Lawrence Taylor, history would look a little different now.
Montana never got to see a lot of the TDs he threw because he was on his back.

Leonard Marshall knocked Joe Montana into next week in a 1990 playoff game. That play would probably get him 15 yards and a fine these days.

1990-giants-49ers-leonard-marshall-joe-montana (resized).jpg

#10128 1 year ago

I don't even think LT got a penalty when he ended Joe Theisman's career.

So yeah, things might have been a little different if Brady had been QB instead of Tony Eason when they went up against those '85 Bears, but I'm going to settle this once and for all. The Greatest QB of all time was.... Joe Mantegna.

download (2) (resized).jpg

#10129 1 year ago

Jags!! Jags!!! I'm close to believing that the hand injury to Brady is either BS or really overblown! News article "Brady Hides Hand when entering Gillette Stadium."

#10130 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't even think LT got a penalty when he ended Joe Theisman's career.
So yeah, things might have been a little different if Brady had been QB instead of Tony Eason when they went up against those '85 Bears, but I'm going to settle this once and for all. The Greatest QB of all time was.... Joe Mantegna.

Lt was a clean hit. wouldn’t draw a flag today. Marshall on Montana is borderline. Looks like he lead with the helmet.

I get tired of hearing people whining about the emphasis on protecting players today. Watch highlights of an old game and you’ll wince in every play. There’s literally a horse collar, late hit, head shot on EVERY PLAY. I don’t know why you’d be nostalgic for that it makes me wince.

Were the players tougher back then? Who gives a shit. Players shouldn’t be leading with their helmet. Players shouldn’t be hitting people late. Horse collars are bad.

If football is going to survive this change is necessary. Most people I know won’t let their kids play football and for good reason.

#10131 1 year ago

I'm just hoping for a few more good hits on the QB today, before it all goes away.

#10132 1 year ago

It's not about who's tougher as today's players are bigger stronger faster so the hitting is more severe back than the so called dirty hits was about intimidation

#10133 1 year ago
Quoted from dhard:

It's not about who's tougher as today's players are bigger stronger faster so the hitting is more severe back than the so called dirty hits was about intimidation

It was about brain damage. I can’t believe this is still even a discussion.

#10134 1 year ago

Let the games begin (almost)!!!!

We shall see if my Vikes find yet another way to lose a big one....I'm very, very glad they are still relevant this week...that's as far as I'm going with my predictions...

#10135 1 year ago

All I know is it's sunny and warm at high noon on the west coast. I've got chicken ready to go on the Traeger. And a couple buddies are on their way over for an afternoon of debauchery. Just like yesterday.

#10136 1 year ago

Ffs let's all hope the game is better than that rendition of the anthem

#10137 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

Ffs let's all hope the game is better than that rendition of the anthem

Lol yeah that was terrible

#10138 1 year ago

AND....we definitely have a game here...

#10139 1 year ago

Wow...i think they're waiting fro 2nd half to Rush Bortles.

#10140 1 year ago

Here come the zebras to the rescue.

#10141 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here come the zebras to the rescue.

Really can't argue with those two call those.

#10142 1 year ago

would like to see a qb challenge Ramsey just once

#10143 1 year ago
Quoted from teekee:

Really can't argue with those two call those.

How many delay of game penalties do you see referees wait to throw a flag and let them play out the play?

#10144 1 year ago

Taking a knee with 55 seconds left and 2 timeouts from the 30yard line is textbook 'playing scared'

#10145 1 year ago

I was going to say nice to see the zebras letting them play today.

#10146 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Taking a knee with 55 seconds left and 2 timeouts from the 30yard line is textbook 'playing scared'

They have Bortles

#10147 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

They have Bortles

Who is looking pretty damn good today... give him time though.

#10148 1 year ago

Man you wanna up 14 for sure here...10 doesn't feel safe

Here comes the Pats call on this fumble

WOW

#10149 1 year ago

great game to this point!!!

#10150 1 year ago

About time for a Bortles interception.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Boards
PinSound
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Stone Mountain, GA
$ 24.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
£ 79.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
There are 15977 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 320.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside