dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
436537586_10224867727456020_9063380137916814163_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240418-055421.png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,671 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 1,514.
#10051 6 years ago

That was an amazing win by the Vikings! Should be a good NFC championship. I’m hoping for the Jags and Philly in SB 52!

#10052 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That was an amazing win by the Vikings!

Yes, it sure was a dramatic ending. I got to watch part of 1st quarter and the last 3 minutes of the game.

For the upcoming NFC Championship game in Philly on Sun evening Jan 21st, the extended weather forecast looks surprisingly good for mid/late Jan. Since it is an outdoor stadium, weather can be a factor, but likely not a big deal this time, except that it may be windy. Anyhow, by Thur/Fri we should have a better idea what the weather will be like for Sun.

Based on the 4 teams still in it to win it all, I'm pulling for a Vikings / Jaguars Super Bowl match-up.

#10053 6 years ago

Dree Brees showed how classy he is congratulating the Vikings after their win.

#10054 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That was an amazing win by the Vikings! Should be a good NFC championship. I’m hoping for the Jags and Philly in SB 52!

That would have to be a match up of the two worst QB's in SB history... wouldn't it?

#10055 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

That would have to be a match up of the two worst QB's in SB history... wouldn't it?

Let's not forget the 2001 Superbowl: Kerry Collins vs. Trent Dilfer

#10056 6 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

2 years later wasn't much better with Brad Johnson and Rich Gannon.

#10057 6 years ago
#10058 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Instant classic Mike!

Mark not Mike.

#10059 6 years ago

Championship weekend lines.

JAX @ NE
Jax +9 -115. +325 money line
Ne -9 -105. -425 money line

MIN @ PHI
Min -3.5 +100. -175 money line
Phi +3.5 -120. +155 money line

#10060 6 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Forgot about that one... very forgettable.

The networks heads will explode if its Foles vs Bortles or Case vs Bortles. I hope it happens...

#10061 6 years ago

I CANNOT believe what happened to my Vikes last night. Bout GODDAM time something went our way. Unreal finish. I think I still have a buzz going, seriously...GO VIKINGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

#10062 6 years ago

Normally in playoff time my teams are out and I am just hoping that a team that I hate doesn't make the Super Bowl. Not this year! The team that I hate is the Saints! Woooo! My team is the Jags! Wooooooooo! Oh well, now the Jags get to lose to the greatest living American.

What an amazing finish for the Vikings. The only thing better than seeing the Saints lose is seeing them lose like *that*. I would rather lose 42-0 than lose on a play that will goes down in history.

#10063 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The only thing better than seeing the Saints lose

witnessing the Stealers losing after all the shit big Ben spouted about how much he wanted the Jags to win Bwhahahahahaha got what you wanted, Another asswhippin!!!!

#10064 6 years ago

Honestly nothing better than playoff weekends... I love the 2 Saturday and 2 Sunday games. I miss it when its over.

#10065 6 years ago

I'll take both the favorites to cover.

#10066 6 years ago

I shall not engage in predictions....almost cost me yesterday (thanks to "the law" from letting me cross the line).....best win ever!!!!

#10067 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Oh well, now the Jags get to lose to the greatest living American.

Who is the greatest Living American and does he really play football?

#10068 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Who is the greatest Living American and does he really play football?

Tom Brady of course. (Obviously not serious. The greatest Americans are police, fireman, doctors, military, veteran, first-responder, scientists, etc)

#10069 6 years ago

No respect for the garbage men. I should have figured that.

#10070 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Tom Brady of course. (Obviously not serious. The greatest Americans are police, fireman, doctors, military, veteran, first-responder, scientists, etc)

Even the mad scientists? What about the military that work as file clerks? The ones that file correctly are great heroes but the ones that mislabel stuff are not?

#10071 6 years ago

Anyone see Sean Payton mocking the Vikings crowd by doing their skol chant right after they made that go ahead field goal? Lol, that idiot never learns.

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Bolt/Sean-Payton-mocked-the-Skol-chant-before-the-final-play-113773457

#10072 6 years ago

It's doubtful but maybe the Jags do to Brady what they did to Marino in his last game.

#10073 6 years ago

Go Jags! Would love to see them end this incredible run by the Patriots. As much as I hate the Patriots I definitely respect what they do... to me the most mind boggling and most impressive thing in sports. No way an NFL team these days should have the continued success that they do... and they do it with a pretty healthy rate of turnover... taking no names and making them into something... I don't understand it.

Go Jags!

#10074 6 years ago

I fully expect the pats to win and by a Tidy sum, but you never know as Coughlin has done it before.
Pats have lost some big games though

#10075 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I fully expect the pats to win and by a Tidy sum, but you never know as Coughlin has done it before.
Pats have lost some big games though

Unfortunately I agree... the question is can either Case or Foles with their defenses beat the Pats or will it be just another Patriots SB victory?

#10076 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

It's doubtful but maybe the Jags do to Brady what they did to Marino in his last game.
» YouTube video

What a going away party that was!

#10077 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Unfortunately I agree... the question is can either Case or Foles with their defenses beat the Pats or will it be just another Patriots SB victory?

The key will be if the Jags can pressure Brady the entire game. He's average at best when under constant pressure and if you look back 95% of his losses were when he was harassed the full four quarters. Jags can press him with just the front four leaving others to drop back in pass protection.

#10078 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The key will be if the Jags can pressure Brady the entire game. He's average at best when under constant pressure and if you look back 95% of his losses were when he was harassed the full four quarters. Jags can press him with just the front four leaving others to drop back in pass protection.

Yeah exactly I mean Bortles threw the ball better this week but still not fantastic...BUT if they would listen to me and rush the guy a ton it can make up for it. But again like you're saying they have to be in Brady's face all day...AND cover quick passes to Gronk when the H is O.

#10079 6 years ago

Yeah press Brady and utilise man to man coverage cause if go anything else like zone or two deep he'll pick you apart.

#10080 6 years ago

What are the dates/times for this weekends games? Can't seem to find them.

#10081 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Worked for the Giants in two Superbowls, and the Broncos in their last few playoff encounters. If you keep hitting Brady he gets rattled and starts looking mortal, same as anyone else. Can the Jags do that though? I haven't followed them this season, but the fact that they gave up 40+ to Pittsburgh makes me wonder if they've got the defensive chops to pull this off.

#10082 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What are the dates/times for this weekends games? Can't seem to find them.

http://www.nfl.com/scores/2017/POST20

LTG : )

#10083 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The key will be if the Jags can pressure Brady the entire game. He's average at best when under constant pressure

You would think but check this out...

http://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2017/12/27/new-england-patriots-tom-brady-is-only-elite-qb-when-pressured-this-season/

#10084 6 years ago

I saw the pressure the Dolphins put on Tom Brady. Almost no yards gained in the first half and what was that 0 for 11 on third down conversions?

Best part of that game might have been the post game press conference with Belichick

#10085 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

That was awesome SteveO. I probably didn't watch that game or see highlights of it years ago.
I still have a soft spot for the Dolphins, but it's because of watching them as a kid in the early 70's, and then later on in the early/mid 80's.

Games like that bad loss vs the Jags with horrible tackling is a good example of why people probably don't feel the love for the Dolphins as much anymore.

Go Jags!

#10086 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You would think but check this out...

Those stats are based on passing completions so I'm not surprised it looks that way, he's bound to be in the top three QB's in pass attempts. Those numbers don't tell the whole story.

#10087 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Those stats are based on passing completions so I'm not surprised it looks that way, he's bound to be in the top three QB's in pass attempts. Those numbers don't tell the whole story.

Ok, but they look pretty good to me! Good luck Jags!

#10088 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Worked for the Giants in two Superbowls

Seems the coach of that Giants team now works for The Jaguars again. I'm sure he knew what kind of team he had to put together to do the job and it was a top priority.

#10089 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Seems the coach of that Giants team now works for The Jaguars again.

Hell, both of them got 2 Super Bowl rings coaching for the Giants.

#10090 6 years ago

With ratings way down this year the NFL will do anything to prevent a jags/philly Superbowl.

And teekee is correct, Brady was much better against the top 10 defenses than the bottom 21 this year.

Key to the Patriot victory we are all hoping for is a fast start and making Bottles play from behind.

#10091 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

With ratings way down this year the NFL will do anything to prevent a jags/philly Superbowl.

I saw that in some of the last Patriots games I watched where the refs made several blatant bad calls that helped them. I had a hard time fathoming that the league would do anything like that, but it was just too obvious.

Jags will need to do more than just beat the pats, they will need to beat the zebras too.

#10092 6 years ago

The Jags defense has been very inconsistent all year. They were fighting amongst themselves on the sidelines in the loss against SF. Good point about Coughlin. Hopefully he can do his magic again.

#10093 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Jags will need to do more than just beat the pats, they will need to beat the zebras too.

sad what the game has become but it is all too obvious that it is no longer about the sport and more about the production value of the entertainment.

The only way the Pats dont win is if the Jags are so dominant that they can overcome the laid out storyline and create their own story for the producers to hype instead.

#10094 6 years ago

First there was spygate then deflategate and now the NFL is biased towards the pats to win so what are you calling this riggedgate

#10095 6 years ago

The only way the Jags will win this game is if they can score more points than the Patriots. You heard it here first.

#10096 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The only way the Jags will win this game is if they can score more points than the Patriots. You heard it here first.

NO idea where you come up with these crazy ideas?? Makes no sense. Suppose if my Vikes score more pts than the Eagles, they'll win? Hope so

#10097 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

First there was spygate then deflategate and now the NFL is biased towards the pats to win so what are you calling this riggedgate

I know many people across the country hate the Pats and many guys like myself can't help but be in awe of what they do year after year and how the hell they can continually end up where they end up with less talent than most teams... so we try to find a way to justify all this and many always go back to the cheating thing... lets get real people... ain't no way the Pats have done what they've done year after year because of air pressure in the balls or video taping some teams practice. Lol, I hate the bastards as well but get over all that and just realize what you're seeing may be the greatest thing in sports. HOPE TO GOD IT ENDS THIS YEAR!

#10098 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

HOPE TO GOD IT ENDS THIS YEAR!

+1

#10099 6 years ago

I gotta wonder if a guy like Tony Romo, who I think is doing a real good job as an analyst, keeps pointing out those bad calls, will have to start looking for another job if he keeps it up.

#10100 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I gotta wonder if a guy like Tony Romo, who I think is doing a real good job as an analyst, keeps pointing out those bad calls, will have to start looking for another job if he keeps it up.

Remember when romo would flirt with qualifying for the US Open? Do you think CBS will let Tony Romo call a golf event? The excitement and enthusiasm he brought to the nfl booth might translate over to the pga. As a long time pga fan Ive gone from watching almost every weekend to now watching the majors and a few other events. I think some new voices that aren't ex golfers would be refreshing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,671 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/202?hl=mfsrc791 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.