24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 1,513.
#9651 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Titans are favored by 4-1/2 to 5 points over the Bungles at home this Sunday.
Seems like if the Bengals lose this Sunday, then I'd say they are out of the play-off chase.
They (the Bengals) basically would then need to win out the rest of the season, and their remaining schedule includes at least 3 tough games.
Bengals are 1 and 2 in their AFC North Div, so they would need to win their remaining 3 div games.
Just shows how important this upcoming game against the Titans is to the 3 and 5 Bengals.

Well I pretty much stick by my quoted comments from a week or two ago, but even though the Bengals lost to the Titans, then beat the Broncos on Sun Nov 19, it appears the Bengals still have about a 10% chance of making the play-offs as a wildcard team.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/upshot/cincinnati-bengals-nfl-playoff-picture.html#&;

#9652 6 years ago

Another Superbowl on the way for the unstoppable New England Patriots....

#9653 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

The Patriots played Denver last week and stayed in Colorado to get used to the high altitude for Mexico. Oakland flew into Mexico Saturday night.
Oakland had zero shot walking out onto that field.

I figured as much with Marshawn Lynch winded after the first run. I'm just glad I squeaked out a TD from Cooper in that game.

#9654 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I figured as much with Marshawn Lynch winded after the first run. I'm just glad I squeaked out a TD from Cooper in that game.

Speaking of Marshawn... did that thug stay in Mexico by chance? Hopefully...

#9655 6 years ago

Seattle can thank Pistol Pete for yet another great coaching decision, Hawks really could have used that FG.

#9656 6 years ago

3 games lined up for Thanksgiving Day Thur Nov 23.
1st game on Fox: Vikings favored by 2-1/2 to 3 at Detroit. The over/under is 44-1/2 to 46 points.
2nd game on CBS: Chargers favored by 1 at Dallas (except Unibet has Cowboys by 1-1/2 points ??) O/u = 48
3rd game on NBC: Giants at Washington, Redskins favored by 6-1/2 to 7-1/2 points.

Years ago, wasn't there only 1 game on Thanksgiving?
When did the NFL go to 2 games on Thanksgiving?
When did they go to 3 games?, this year?

Which Detroit Lions team is gonna show up for this game, the Bruisers or the Losers?

I would feel thankful if the Chargers beat the Cowboys on Thanksgiving.

The Redskins better start winning games if they want to grab the 2nd wildcard spot.
Currently there are 10 teams in the NFC with a better record than the 4 and 6 Redskins.

#9657 6 years ago

Since the afl/nfl merge in 1970 it's been Dal and Det on thanksgiving. In 2006 they brilliantly added a 3rd game. Thank god.

To me, I think of big ol John Madden when I think thanksgiving. Always had the mutant turdukin with 7 legs sticking out and the winning team mvps grabbing a turkey leg and taking a big chomp.

Cbs had the lame phil simms mom pie. Wonder what hookie gimmick they'll come up with for Romo?

#9658 6 years ago

My favorite Thanksgiving moment is the Cowboys' Leon Lett trying to pick up the blocked field goal in the snow instead of not touching it. The Dolphins recovered and made the next field goal attempt to win the game.

#9659 6 years ago

That wasn't the first time good ol Leon helped his team.

#9660 6 years ago

Which Detroit Lions team is gonna show up for this game, the Bruisers or the Losers?

Pretty obvious really.

Lions haven't lost on Thanksgiving in 4 years.
They are the last team to beat the Vikings and held them to a low 7 points.
They beat the Vikings last thanksgiving.

They will blow it

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

In 2006 they brilliantly added a 3rd game. Thank god.

Ha that was a rough one though. Tried to make a power move and only available on NFL Network...there was almost a riot and they had to put it on Network too.

#9661 6 years ago

2nd game on CBS: Chargers favored by 1 at Dallas (except Unibet has Cowboys by 1-1/2 points ??) O/u = 48

Unibet must believe Tyron Smith is playing which I believe he is.

#9662 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Unibet must believe Tyron Smith is playing which I believe he is.

Something is going on with this match-up.
I just re-checked the spread after reading your comment.
Now the point spreads are 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 points, with Chargers being favored by the 6 sports bet orgs that I just saw.

#9663 6 years ago

Something is going on with this match-up.
I just re-checked the spread after reading your comment.
Now the point spreads are 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 points, with Chargers being favored by the 6 sports bet orgs that I just saw.

If Tyron Smith doesn't play, I'll be benching Dak and going with Keenum. That is how bad they have been without Smith.

#9664 6 years ago

index.jpegindex.jpeg

images(2).jpegimages(2).jpeg

#9665 6 years ago

These epic fails both happened on thanksgiving. Let us never forget and pray something epic happens today.

index(4).jpegindex(4).jpeg

index(5).jpegindex(5).jpeg

#9666 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pretty obvious really.
Lions haven't lost on Thanksgiving in 4 years.
They are the last team to beat the Vikings and held them to a low 7 points.
They beat the Vikings last thanksgiving.
They will blow it

TheLaw,

You seem to be a guru when it comes to knowing things about the Detroit Lions.

#9667 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Check the schedule. Lions have easiest schedule and will win the north.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Vikings have the brutal 3 in a row also. Doubt they even make the playoffs.

Vikes need 2 more wins to clinch the division..that's if the Lions win their last 5 games! Love american turkey day! Home in time for the cowboys game.. even if they win out they prob wont get a wild card dammit!

#9668 6 years ago

Case Keenum might be in the MVP discussion before years end... who the F seen that coming????

#9669 6 years ago

Dallas is a hot mess.....

#9670 6 years ago

Yessir they are. Jerry would have it no other way!. Dak just got pick-6'ed as i type this! Hahafaaak!

#9671 6 years ago

Didn't think one scumbag, woman beater would make such a difference. Most overhyped team in the history of sports. It's been 22 years since they've even been relevant and they get talked about like they're the Patriots.

Make the world a better place. Punch a Cowboys fan, in the face
(Not condoning violence)

#9672 6 years ago

They were a playoff team JUST last year!. Zeke and tyron smith not being there sure fukkin hurts them. Dak didn't look good tonite but that guy is a horse! Never say never but 4-1 leaves em with 10 wins..they could do it

#9673 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

They were a playoff team JUST last year

And? Every team makes the playoffs once or twice a decade. Well everyone except the Bills. Lol

#9674 6 years ago

This week's picks:
CIN (-8.5) over CLE
CHI over PHI (-14)
CAR (-5.5) over NYJ
SEA (-7.5) over SF
LACH over DAL (-1) Yay!

#9675 6 years ago

IND +3.5 vs TEN
SF +6.5 vs SEA
MIA +16.5 @ NE
PIT -14.5 vs GB

#9676 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

IND +3.5 vs TEN
SF +6.5 vs SEA
MIA +16.5 @ NE
PIT -14.5 vs GB

Haha. I suck
Worst week this season.

#9677 6 years ago

Go Pack go!

#9678 6 years ago

Ravens shut down Packers last week. What the Hell Steelers?

#9679 6 years ago

Like I said before... the Steelers find a way to win but just don't impress me as a 9-2 team.

#9680 6 years ago

On the Thanksgiving Day game, FOX was showing commercials in between plays. They aren't even waiting for a time out now. Joe Buck said between plays, "Here's a word from You Tube" and then they had a split screen for a ten second spot. I guess they are trying to find ways to make us watch commercials instead of flipping the channel.

#9681 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

On the Thanksgiving Day game, FOX was showing commercials in between plays. They aren't even waiting for a time out now. Joe Buck said between plays, "Here's a word from You Tube" and then they had a split screen for a ten second spot. I guess they are trying to find ways to make us watch commercials instead of flipping the channel.

Yeah they have been doing that around here since the start of the season. Better than missing the plays is about all I can say positive about it.

#9682 6 years ago

I never really cared for Romo one way or another but I think he is doing a good job in the booth. It was one of his first games in the booth and was calling almost every play before the snap. I was impressed.

#9683 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Like I said before... the Steelers find a way to win but just don't impress me as a 9-2 team.

Yeah it's a tough one...not many people are impressing me other than Pats. I'd like to think they can get it up for the playoffs but you never know...they're playing more Man D though so at least they can have a chance against Pats.

That NE/Pitt is so weird...hate to have to play the Pats 2 times if it comes to that. I can see Pitt whopping them and then getting blown out in the playoffs. I can also see neither team making it to the championship.

#9684 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I never really cared for Romo one way or another but I think he is doing a good job in the booth. It was one of his first games in the booth and was calling almost every play before the snap. I was impressed.

I hate the Cowboys so I wanted to hate Romo in the booth but he is a lot better than Phil Simms (and I am a Giants fan). He is a student of the game and doesn't filter out much of what he is thinking which I find refreshing. Now if Nantz would just retire.

#9685 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I hate the Cowboys.

yes. Could have stooped there

Quoted from SteveO:

Nantz would just retire.

Hello friends

#9686 6 years ago

Prediction time.

Niners trade Jimmy G to the redskins for Cousins in the off season.

#9687 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Prediction time.
Niners trade Jimmy G to the redskins for Cousins in the off season.

Cousins is not under contract with the Redskins in the off season.
Nor is Jimmy under contract with the Niners.

#9688 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Cousins is not under contract with the Redskins in the off season.
Nor is Jimmy under contract with the Niners.

Yeah they both cash in big time! Redskins can't franchise him a 3rd straight year at 34mil/year.

#9689 6 years ago

Yeah biiiiig bucks coming. Jimmy G is the standard NFL debacle waiting to happen. I love how he comes in and throws a total trash time TD and everyone agrees "he's such a professional"
Seriously every time with back ups.

#9690 6 years ago

Agreed! Scott Mitchell, Charlie Whitehurst, Matt Flynn, Brockinator, etc, etc, etc...

Quoted from TheLaw:Yeah biiiiig bucks coming. Jimmy G is the standard NFL debacle waiting to happen. I love how he comes in and throws a total trash time TD and everyone agrees "he's such a professional"
Seriously every time with back ups.

#9691 6 years ago

Still feels like the Broncos are overpaying him at the league minimum $775,000.

#9692 6 years ago

Giants bench Eli Manning

#9693 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Giants bench Eli Manning

Yeah OK Macadoo that's the problem. How this dipshit isn't fired yet is beyond me. And I mean like weeks ago.

#9694 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Giants bench Eli Manning

Look at it this way, he now has no chance of getting hurt in a throw away season. Perhaps Denver is going to have another Manning at QB next season?

#9695 6 years ago

Actually I forgot about Coughlin and Jacksonville. That's a no-brainer. Anyway, he's got options....

#9696 6 years ago

Rumor has it that Peyton is going to take over the Browns. Why I have no idea. Maybe get little bro as his qb?

#9697 6 years ago

Eli is definitely not the same qb he was but he is not the problem. They lost all their receivers in the Chargers game and the O line is atrocious. Geno Smith was terrible with the Jets so I don't see things improving except that Smith can scramble better than Eli, which he will need to do a lot of.

#9698 6 years ago

Plain and simple, giants management are tanking for a better pick. Geno guarantees they won't win another game and if niners win another game they're getting the #1 or #2 overall pick.

#9699 6 years ago

No doubt that some of the players/coaches/mgmt of the 49ers and the Browns have given up on having a decent season and are looking forward to getting some good players in the upcoming draft. But they should play for team pride to win this year before the season ends.

I will say that the Browns were at least trying during the first 7 games in which they only lost by 3 points in 4 of those 7 games.
The Browns better try to win at least two games this season, so they don't have to join the ranks of one of the Top 10 Worst Teams in NFL history.
They are not going to beat the Chargers in L.A. this coming Sun, so they better try to win at home vs the Packers and/or vs the Ravens in Dec.
Perhaps they can beat the Bears in Chicago on Christmas Eve Day.
If the Steelers are playing for home field advantage in the play-offs at the end of the reg season, then don't count on the Steelers resting players at home on Dec 31st and giving the Browns a sympathy victory.

Likewise for the 49ers, they were at least trying during the first 6 games in which they only lost by 2 or 3 points in 5 of those 6 games.
The 49ers better try to win at least one more game this season, so they don't have to join the ranks of one of the Top 10 Worst Teams in NFL history.
If the Rams are playing for home field advantage in the play-offs at the end of the reg season, then don't count on the Rams resting players at home on Dec 31st and giving the 49ers a sympathy victory.

The teams with the worst season records over the past 50 yrs are the 2008 Detroit Lions (0-16), and the 1976 Tampa Bay Bucs (0-14, inaugural year), with honorable mention going to the 1960 Cowboys (0-11-1, their inaugural year).
At least 8 or 9 teams have had a 1-15 season record at some point over the years.

#9700 6 years ago

If the Steelers are playing for home field advantage in the play-offs at the end of the reg season, then don't count on the Steelers resting players at home on Dec 31st and giving the Browns a sympathy victory.

Really depends on the next couple games. Bungels can always beat them and Ravens D can win games...if they beat both of those it'll really just be aboot Pats game. If Pats win they'll have home field locked up and then Steelers won;t need to play.

But of course the Browns are going to beat Chicago anyway. I expect Josh Gordon to come back and just destroy people.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/194 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.