• maybe 8 votes
    5%
  • no but Im a complete moron 11 votes
    7%
  • give Hilton a nut punch 91 votes
    58%

(157 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,315 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pats (resized).PNG
you-spelled-lose (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191117-163732~2 (resized).png
A5839A87-6E45-4B70-815D-6A28897DB2A1 (resized).jpeg
CB9C606A-7D97-403E-AFE2-E602614705CC (resized).jpeg
Truth (resized).jpg
3E6276FB-B4AB-4B2F-94D8-F13951D28692 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20191116-004028~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191116-003943~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191115-175453_Chrome (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191115-103557~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191115-102239~2 (resized).png
LMAO (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg

There are 15896 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 318.
#9301 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well we can all argue whom was the best qb, just circumstance, along for the ride, all time great etc etc. Once thing we can all agree on is Theisman deserved to go out the way he did that smug son of a bitch

Lol

He had great hair didn't he?

#9302 2 years ago

Only thing that matters is winning the superbowl, period. Third and forth don't get a trophy like the soft humans of today's world.

#9303 2 years ago

"Hey LT, you just broke Joe Theisman's leg, he may never play football again. What are you going to do now?"

1wnhen (resized).jpg

#9304 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

There's no more arguing who the best is...

Pretty much agree with you. As I've said before they outlated me. I made excuses that Brady didn;t do anything and Viniterie won the first few and yada yada...they just keep going and I can't deny it anymore.

#9305 2 years ago

I agree that Brady is the greatest QB to date but, I think the 49's were and are the greatest dynasty ever. They played in a much tougher division than New England ever has to get to the big dance.

#9306 2 years ago

There is no denying it . All that's left is that undefeated season.. Thank goodness for small favors..and those 2007 NY football Giants..

And of course the 1972 Miami Dolphins.

#9307 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And of course the 1972 Miami Dolphins.

Winning less games than the pats if you'd like to nitpick

#9308 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But... they did go on to win the Super Bowl that year. And even with the best record in the league there was no home field advantage as they had to play the championship game in Pittsburgh against a very good team. And an extra bye week for good measure? Ha!

#9309 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But champs! All that matters. Lions will never known that until they give up the Thanksgiving game and the nfl stops fucking them.

#9310 2 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

But champs! All that matters.

And they still go down as the greatest team of all time until somebody else pulls it off.

I wonder if any of that team will be alive to see it, if and when it ever happens.

#9311 2 years ago

The Dolphins 1972 season was about 1000% better than 18-1 specifically because they won the final game. The Giants were the better team and deserved to win whether Tyree made that catch or not. Patriots were lucky to have a lead at all that late in the game.

That being said, Tom Brady just won back to back AFC Offensive Player of the week. It was the fourth time in his career that he won back to back Player of the Week. No other player in NFL history (AFC or NFC) has done it more than once in their career. Just another weird stat Brady has.

#9312 2 years ago

He's got 4 Super Bowl MVPs too, so you've got to give him that as well. Joe only had three. Certainly he didn't do any of this all by himself as there is always somebody on the other end that has to catch the ball, and the Pats have had some amazing receivers over the stretch and still do.

#9313 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He's got 4 Super Bowl MVPs too, so you've got to give him that as well. Joe only had three. Certainly he didn't do any of this all by himself as there is always somebody on the other end that has to catch the ball, and the Pats have had some amazing receivers over the stretch and still do.

Joe Montana

4 Super Bowls
0 Ints

Wow!

#9314 2 years ago

Quite a stat there isn't it? I watched him dismantle the high flying, record setting '84 fins in that one super bowl. Niners were 15-1 that year.

#9315 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Quite a stat there isn't it? I watched him dismantle the high flying, record setting '84 fins in that one super bowl. Niners were 15-1 that year.

Yeah those teams were insane. Also impressive was the diff'rence in the teams. Looks at that 81 & 84 teams...quite diff'rent.
Besides Dwight Clark I don't know if anyone not Odin would know a few Offensive players.
Jerry Rice not even on the first 2 SBs.

#9316 2 years ago

I could name a few. Roger Craig was as good an all purpose running back as there was.

But the one man on those teams that stood out above everybody else in the league was Ronnie Lott. The hurt maker.

#9317 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I could name a few. Roger Craig was as good an all purpose running back as there was.

Nope....Roger Craig was NOT on the 81 team.

EDIT: I remember Craig very well.

#9318 2 years ago

Oh, you want the 81 team. Freddie Solomon was their go to receiver before Rice came along.

#9319 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh, you want the 81 team. Freddie Solomon was their go to receiver before Rice came along.

Oh duh, I thought I had typed 81. Yeah but anyway that was the point I was trying (poorly) to make...that 81 team doesn't have the huge stars everyone thinks it did.

Think aboot winning the 84 SB and then drafting Rice...crazy.

#9320 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Think aboot winning the 84 SB and then drafting Rice...crazy.

Yeah, he would have put even more hurt on the fish if they had had him then. SF had such a perfect well balanced team that there was no way they could lose that game. Montana did it with his arm and legs and their defense, which sometimes gets overlooked, was stifling.

#9321 2 years ago

Skins won in 82 and drafted Darrell Green!

And what about D Clark? Was he real good or just The Catch?

#9322 2 years ago

Awful. Needs stabbed

#9323 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Skins won in 82 and drafted Darrell Green!

And what about D Clark? Was he real good or just The Catch?

Clark was good. They were all good.

One of the best moves the Redskins made was trading Jay Schroeder to the Raiders for Jim Lachey. He helped anchor that o-line for almost a decade.

#9324 2 years ago

Think aboot how long we watched green and monk on those teams.

I miss the days of the NFL while h is basically dead now that they can test for CTE.

#9325 2 years ago

There was no free agency either.

What about that performance Doug Williams put on in his Super Bowl? That was a display like no other in the 80s. Hit lit that scoreboard up in the second quarter. Still might be a record.

#9326 2 years ago

And the disappearing Timmy Smith!

#9327 2 years ago

Yep, those were days of Super Bowl blowouts and the NFC winning every one. That was the one bummer. Glad they are more competitive now.

#9328 2 years ago

Uff as an AFC man myself that was a horrible decade or 2.

#9329 2 years ago

Yah, it was pretty painful.

#9330 2 years ago

Yes! More 49ers talk!

20170913_070352 (resized).jpg

#9331 2 years ago

The heart and soul of the 80s Niners. I love Joe, but he didn't do it alone.

20170927_232546 (resized).jpg

#9332 2 years ago

Hey o-din,

Saints -vs- Dolphins, 8:30 am ct, from London
Saints are favored by 3 points
The over/under is 49.5 points
I like both teams, but gotta pull for the Saints on this one.

Eagles at Chargers, Sun 3:05 pm ct
Chargers favored by 1 to 2 points
O/U = 47 to 47.5 points
Come on Chargers, beat those Eagles!

#9333 2 years ago

Sounds like another painful weekend.

#9334 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And the disappearing Timmy Smith!

Timmy had virtually nothing to do with that record breaking (STILL!) Super Bowl running yardage.

My mom could have picked up 100 yards with the holes that line was opening.

#9335 2 years ago

Then there was the guy that did his own blocking...

#9336 2 years ago

I almost went to that game as it was at the Rose Bowl and wasn't that much to get in. I had to work though so I watched it there instead.

As a Dolphins fan I took it with a grain of salt and considered it pay back for what Czonka and Co. did to the Redskins in their first Super Bowl meeting. Dolphin's defense shut them out and the Skins only score was on special teams. Hilarious play it was.

#9337 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I almost went to that game as it was at the Rose Bowl and wasn't that much to get in. I had to work though so I watched it there instead.
As a Dolphins fan I took it with a grain of salt and considered it pay back for what Czonka and Co. did to the Redskins in their first Super Bowl meeting. Dolphin's defense shut them out and the Skins only score was on special teams. Hilarious play it was.

Still a Dophins fan?

And Garo did his best!!!!

#9338 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Still a Dophins fan?
And Garo did his best!!!!

Yeah, I was a 10 year old kid visiting relatives in Fla. when all that was going on, and they were all hyped up on their Dolphins so I became a fan.

When they were practicing for that '83 Super Bowl it was at Cal State Fullerton just a few blocks from my house, so we got to meet them all. We met a sportswriter from Miami and took him to lunch during one of the practices so he got us into the hotel where they were staying and we got special treatment and hung out with the players there. Good times indeed.

#9339 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We met a sportswriter from Miami and took him to lunch during one of the practices

We took him to Del Taco. lol. It was the place closest to the practice field that we always ate at and this guy had never seen a burrito before. He gets his and says "OK, how do I eat this thing?' My buddy's all "you just peel the paper back and start eating."
lol.

del-taco (resized).jpg

#9340 2 years ago

I have a shot of vodka everytime the Bears fumble. It's still the 1st quarter and I'm already sloshed.

#9341 2 years ago

Guess who started Davante Adams this week? Glad he 'only' has a concussion. That was a brutal hit. Can't believe the jackass who did it wasn't ejected from the game.

#9342 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Guess who started Davante Adams this week? Glad he 'only' has a concussion. That was a brutal hit. Can't believe the jackass who did it wasn't ejected from the game.

Is his name Vontaze Burfict? That's why. Haha

#9343 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is his name Vontaze Burfict? That's why. Haha

Danny Trevathan. Burfict is back this week and I'm starting the Bengals D. Ha!

#9344 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Danny Trevathan. Burfict is back this week and I'm starting the Bengals D. Ha!

I was joking. He should've been thrown out on the spot. I agree. And he better get suspended. He's a disgrace to the UK college.

#9345 2 years ago

Ok, start Amari Cooper or Terrell Pryor? It's like choosing between a poke in the eye or a kick to the nuts. Denver is a tough matchup for Cooper. I want to believe at some point things will start clicking for Pryor, but I'd sure like to see something before I start him. Was going to start Snead (Saints), but that ain't looking so good right now. If it looks like Snead might play, I will start Snead.

#9346 2 years ago

Sanu was available as an FA, so picked him up to start. I have the worst luck with WRs.

#9347 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Sanu was available as an FA, so picked him up to start. I have the worst luck with WRs.

How is sanu not owned? Ten team league?

I'm sticking with Cooper for now. I'd start him no matter the matchup. My rule is stick with your studs through 4 weeks at least.

#9348 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm sticking with Cooper for now. I'd start him no matter the matchup. My rule is stick with your studs through 4 weeks at least.

12 teams. He got dropped 3 days ago by another team. I also grabbed Witten when he was dropped this week.

If only the matchup wasn't Denver. Ugh! Best thing about the Bills is the D, but Sanu will get targeted more than a handful of times and he generally makes most of his catches. He's the #2 receiver on 1 of the only 2 still undefeated teams (yeah, yeah they stole their win from the Lions).

#9349 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Cooper has been playing like garbage. He's my #2 wr and cost me last week. To the bench you go coop. Especially against broncos d.

#9350 2 years ago

Im starting to like having these London games, as long as my team isn't playing

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 24.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 218.00
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 15896 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 318.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside