• maybe 8 votes
    5%
  • no but Im a complete moron 9 votes
    6%
  • give Hilton a nut punch 92 votes
    59%

(156 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,295 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D4AD1E58-4417-45D6-8D77-6BE7142A8BD3 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
12169EB7-7FCA-4700-A3B5-1E475E3FEF1E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191105-224116~2 (resized).png
3C9847A0-6AB4-4137-8616-68D8DADE8E05 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191105-224116~2 (resized).png
FB_IMG_1572925678913 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191104-204834~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191104-204244~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191103-152255~2 (resized).png
MV5BNDYxMzhhZTAtZTg0ZS00YTMzLTk1NjQtMmM3NGI5NzRmYTI5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXRodW1ibmFpbC1pbml0aWFsaXplcg@@._V1_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_ (resized).jpg
IMG_0068 (resized).jpg
BD17F9CB-FD42-4E60-8577-FC59FBDC6794 (resized).jpeg
F7BBDA19-7D4A-4936-AA27-138037387CDA (resized).jpeg

There are 15678 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 314.
#9251 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You think having two teams would double my odds. Three teams if you count who ever's playing the Patriots, but noooooo...
That's why I have so much respect for the NY Football Giants. They are the only ones that have come thru in the last 20 years.

Yeah, and it sure is fun to watch them beat the Pats. Sadly this year's already looking like a scratch.

#9252 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You think having two teams would double my odds. Three teams if you count who ever's playing the Patriots, but noooooo...
That's why I have so much respect for the NY Football Giants. They are the only ones that have come thru in the last 20 years.

And it took 2 fluky, once in a lifetime plays to happen. On the flip side tho the Pats last 2 superbowls were won on bonehead calls by coaches. (Seahwaks throwing the ball on the goal line, Falcons not kicking fg and winning the game)

Come to think of it all 5 of the Patriots superbowl victories could have been losses.

Love playing the hypothetical game.

#9253 2 years ago

What's not hypothetical is that the Redskins stomped the everliving shit out of the Raiders on national TV.

Wow.

#9254 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What's not hypothetical is that the Redskins stomped the everliving shit out of the Raiders on national TV.
Wow.

Appreantly a lot of people were ready to crown the Raiders' ass...not so quick boys.

#9255 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Appreantly a lot of people were ready to crown the Raiders' ass...not so quick boys.

A lot of people were quick to pick the Skins to finish last too.

Not so quick boys.

#9256 2 years ago

What is with the hotdogging players stopping in front of the end zone to celebrate? I was so happy to see that guy on the Bears look like Leon Lett.

#9257 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow.

Have not seen the defense play like that since Gregg Williams was coaching the unit. Very encouraging.

#9258 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Great exciting game between the Bengals and packers if you guys watched. Glad the Bengals actually look like a NFL team again. Gotta get some work done here on out.

It was a nail biter! Not what we cheeseheads tuned in expecting to see, but a W is a W.

Rodgers throwing a pick 6, at home no less? The humanity!

He had never won an overtime game before! Freaky!

#9259 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Love playing the hypothetical game.

Well, maybe if the Pats had gone up against other franchises that didn't have a history of winning Super Bowls like the perennial losers that had a total of two Lombardis amongst the five of them, they might be 9-0 instead of 5-4.

#9260 2 years ago

The fact that the LA Chargers haven't won a game yet makes me very happy!!! Hope they go 0-16 this year.

#9261 2 years ago

Some early season standings in Sep 2017 to note:

3 and 0 teams starting out good:
AFC: Kansas City Chiefs
NFC: Atlanta Falcons

0 and 3 teams having a disappointing start:
AFC: Bengals, Browns, & Chargers
NFC: Giants, & 49ers

** Tampa Bay Bucs and Miami Dolphins have thus far only played 2 games each, and are both currently 1 and 1.

#9262 2 years ago

I'm not sure what to make of the Jags. They won two games in blow outs and got blown out at home by Tennessee. Maybe the Jags are ok this year and the Titans are really good.

#9263 2 years ago

With all those high draft pics, jags should start to get better. Think the defense is getting good. J. Ramsey seems like a star in the making. If the qb can avoid turnovers and run the ball with fornette, jags could be respectable. Maybe 8 - 8 this year?

#9264 2 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I'm not sure what to make of the Jags.

I'm not sure what to make of any team this year! We need another 5 or 6 games to get a good idea I think...

#9265 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, maybe if the Pats had gone up against other franchises that didn't have a history of winning Super Bowls like the perennial losers that had a total of two Lombardis amongst the five of them, they might be 9-0 instead of 5-4.

I'm trying to parse your language but I can't for the life of me figure out what you are trying to say!

#9266 2 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I'm not sure what to make of the Jags. They won two games in blow outs and got blown out at home by Tennessee. Maybe the Jags are ok this year and the Titans are really good.

Well Tom Coughlin is back. That's a good thing.

#9267 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Well Tom Coughlin is back. That's a good thing.

Good point. Coughlin still has a lot of energy for a 71 year old.

#9268 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I'm trying to parse your language but I can't for the life of me figure out what you are trying to say!

Plain English then.

Super Bowl records of teams that beat the Pats in the big game-

Packers- 4-1
Giants- 4-1
Bears 1-1

Teams pats beat-

Rams 1-2
Panthers 0-1
Eagles 0-2
Seahawks 1-2
Falcons 0-2

See the pattern now? Put them up against past whipping boys and they win, past dynasties or historic franchises, they lose.

#9269 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

0 and 3 teams having a disappointing start:
AFC: Bengals, Browns, & Chargers

If anyone was expecting the Browns to win a game against Steelers, Ravens, or Colts they probably have a gambling addiction and that's the only disappointing part.

#9270 2 years ago

I thought they could beat the Colts. Indy has the worst roster in the league

#9271 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Plain English then.
Super Bowl records of teams that beat the Pats in the big game-
Packers- 4-1
Giants- 4-1
Bears 1-1
Teams pats beat-
Rams 1-2
Panthers 0-1
Eagles 0-2
Seahawks 1-2
Falcons 0-2
See the pattern now? Put them up against past whipping boys and they win, past dynasties or historic franchises, they lose.

How come the Packers Giants and Bears didn't make the Super Bowl those years if legacy counts for anything? Hate the Patriots all you want but you are really grasping for a defense if this is your argument.

Seriously you are a homer for whatever garbage team you root for. If you can't see why this argument is so weak then you may also be a moron. I'm sure you just moved on from the Deflategate argument you held super tight for 2 years since nobody cares about that any more.

#9272 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

How come the Packers Giants and Bears didn't make the Super Bowl those years if legacy counts for anything? Hate the Patriots all you want but you are really grasping for a defense if this is your argument.
Seriously you are a homer for whatever garbage team you root for. If you can't see why this argument is so weak then you may also be a moron. I'm sure you just moved on from the Deflategate argument you held super tight for 2 years since nobody cares about that any more.

Glad to see you got Deflategate in there, but you left off "You hate us 'cause you ain't us"

#9273 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Sometimes I wonder why people rag on Pats fans so much. Then I read comments like this, and it all makes sense.

I completely agree that O-Dins argument was beyond weak by the way. Just not sure why the rest of it needs to be said.

#9274 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

How come the Packers Giants and Bears didn't make the Super Bowl those years if legacy counts for anything?

OK. The Giants beating them twice in the last decade was just my imagination. And those times I saw the Packers and Bears rout them I must have been on glue.

#9275 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I must have been on glue

and good glue I hope

#9276 2 years ago

Laugh it up, Tom Brady isn't gonna live forever. In a very short time the Pats are gonna be just like everybody else.

#9277 2 years ago

Speaking of past dynasties, there will probably never be another QB that performed as well or put up the statistics that Joe Montana did in his super bowls.

4-0, 11 touchdowns, 0 interceptions and an average passer rating of 127.8 in those four games. That's as close to batting 1000 as it gets in the NFL's big game.

Terry Bradshaw is probably a close second, but there are some that would say he was the best.

#9278 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Laugh it up, Tom Brady isn't gonna live forever. In a very short time the Pats are gonna be just like everybody else.

I'm looking forward to seeing more info on the Brady vs. Bellicheck after his retirement. If Bellicheck ends up wining one without him it will be amazing...unlike the team inheriting coaches out here Brady is the team.

#9279 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Jimmy G might be the next A Rod who sat behind a future hall of famer for 3 seasons. There's a reason the hoodie didn't trade him. He's not Cassell, Mallet, etc.. I bet Vikings, Bears and Lions fans prayed for the day Favre retired. And turned out A Rod was even better. If he's half as good as Brady they should still dominate the division for years.

#9280 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Terry Bradshaw is probably a close second, but there are some that would say he was the best.

Some would say Bradshaw was the best?!

Like...some who don't live in Pittsburgh?

Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm looking forward to seeing more info on the Brady vs. Bellicheck after his retirement. If Bellicheck ends up wining one without him it will be amazing...unlike the team inheriting coaches out here Brady is the team.

We've seen what a Bill Bellicheck-coached team accomplishes without Tom Brady.

I think he'll probably hang it up when Tom does.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Jimmy G might be the next A Rod who sat behind a future hall of famer for 3 seasons. There's a reason the hoodie didn't trade him. He's not Cassell, Mallet, etc.. I bet Vikings, Bears and Lions fans prayed for the day Favre retired. And turned out A Rod was even better. If he's half as good as Brady they should still dominate the division for years.

Sorry bro. Pats fans who think it's just gonna business as usual once Tom is done are completely delusional. The dynasty will be over immediately. Not to mention they are trading away draft picks like bubble gum to keep the train rolling. It's been an incredible run but it will be ending soon, that's how life works.

#9281 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Some would say Bradshaw was the best?!
Like...some who don't live in Pittsburgh?

Like maybe some that do live in Pittsburgh.

Don't shoot me I'm just the messenger. In my years of watching Super Bowls Joe is still the greatest. And I'm not even a niners fan.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-opinions-reactions-news-updates/2015/2/4/7972499/terry-bradshaw-steelers-super-bowl-tom-brady-patriots

#9282 2 years ago

Directv is refunding NFL packages

#9283 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

trying to get this thread shut down too huh

#9284 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Interesting as last week when I called about renewing my DirecTV contract and they told me they would only knock $15 off a month, I said that's an insult to a guy that has been on board as long as I have so I quit.

The guy quickly came back and offered $35 off a month and free Sunday ticket so I signed back up.

#9285 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Like maybe some that do live in Pittsburgh.
Don't shoot me I'm just the messenger. In my years of watching Super Bowls Joe is still the greatest. And I'm not even a niners fan.
https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-opinions-reactions-news-updates/2015/2/4/7972499/terry-bradshaw-steelers-super-bowl-tom-brady-patriots

Bradshaw isn't even in the conversation.

But Tom Brady certainly is.

I guess I'd say Joe Montana is the best, just because I'm old and that's what an old person would say.

But Bellechick got fucking lucky. Joe Gibbs is the greatest coach in NFL history. Nobody else has accomplished what he did with three different average at best QBs, and three very different teams. The only thing they had in common was a great O-line.

#9286 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I guess I'd say Joe Montana is the best, just because I'm old and that's what an old person would say.

LOL.

Just to show you I'm not partial, the greatest single season performance I ever saw from a QB was Mark Rypien with those 91 Redskins. Of course he had a pretty good line in front of him.

If somehow this year's Redskins meet the Patriots in the super bowl, that will test my theory about how they fare against former dynasties and legendary franchises.

Randall Cuningham's Vikings year throwing to rookie Randy Moss was pretty epic as well, but they choked in the championship game.

#9287 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

LOL.
Just to show you I'm not partial, the greatest single season performance I ever saw from a QB was Mark Rypien with those 91 Redskins. Of course he had a pretty good line in front of him.

True, and of course great receivers. I was watching some highlights of that season recently (this is what Redskins fans do for fun) and was taken aback by how much time he had and how ridiculously open the WRs were. But Mark could really throw the deep stuff for sure.

#9288 2 years ago

Interesting tidbit I just came across about those 91 skins

"The team is the last Super Bowl champion to never trail in any of their playoff victories."

I just remember Rypien dropping back and heaving the ball and somebody always caught it.

#9289 2 years ago

Ask Browns fans and Jets fans what they think of Bellicheck when he was their coach. He was technically the Jets coach for one day until he reneged on his deal. He will most likely retire when Brady retires.

#9290 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Speaking of past dynasties, there will probably never be another QB that performed as well or put up the statistics that Joe Montana did in his super bowls.
4-0, 11 touchdowns, 0 interceptions and an average passer rating of 127.8 in those four games. That's as close to batting 1000 as it gets in the NFL's big game.

Wait. Montana was only in 4 Super Bowls??? How many NFC Championship games was he in?

#9291 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We've seen what a Bill Bellicheck-coached team accomplishes without Tom Brady.
I think he'll probably hang it up when Tom does.

Went 11-5 and only didn't go to the playoffs because the Fish had a fluke season? I don't think he'll retire for a wHile after that...but he's a wacko so impossible to guess.

#9292 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Went 11-5 and only didn't go to the playoffs because the Fish had a fluke season?

I think that was the year Pennington was with the fish. It came to the usual ending with the Ravens knocking them out of the playoffs, but there was a glimmer of hope that year.

This looks like something that should be in every patriots fan's gameroom-

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-nfl

#9293 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Went 11-5 and only didn't go to the playoffs because the Fish had a fluke season? I don't think he'll retire for a wHile after that...but he's a wacko so impossible to guess.

He's no spring chicken, and he'll be losing his meal ticket.

I really think he'll retire.

#9294 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Montana was only in 4 Super Bowls??? How many NFC Championship games was he in?

I remember one championship where the Giants beat him up real good, may have even broken his back.

So there is something Montana and Brady have in common.

#9295 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He's no spring chicken, and he'll be losing his meal ticket.
I really think he'll retire.

Could be, it's an ego thing really. He's already got all the cash and the hardware...it's all if he wants to see if he can do it on his own.

#9296 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Could be, it's an ego thing really. He's already got all the cash and the hardware...it's all if he wants to see if he can do it on his own.

He can't.

And yeah we all know about 11-5 with that bum Casell. The Fish winning the division wasn't the only fluke that season.

LOL @ Jimmy G taking over an old team with depleted draft picks and just driving the gravy train back into the super bowl. Good luck with that.

#9297 2 years ago

It doesn't matter if he can or can't, the issue is he is an insane person and picking a logical outcome from his mind is impossible. Here's a guy that took 10 years away from the superbowl because he was obsessed with trading as many draft picks as possible every year. There was literally no point in any of it he was just addicted to it.

#9298 2 years ago

Brady is in great physical shape and looks like he could go at least another five years.

The only question is will he go out on top like Elway and Manning did or will he linger too long and get the shit kicked out of him like Aikman did in his last few years. It will be interesting to watch.

Then there is always the chance he will be retired the Joe Theisman way.

#9299 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then there is always the chance he will be retired the Joe Theisman way.

Well we can all argue whom was the best qb, just circumstance, along for the ride, all time great etc etc. Once thing we can all agree on is Theisman deserved to go out the way he did that smug son of a bitch

#9300 2 years ago

There's no more arguing who the best is... Best QB is Tom Brady, period. After this past SB there's just no argument. And Bill is the greatest coach of all time. It is so hard to stay on top in the salary cap free agency era. I hate em both and so sick of the Pats but still facts are facts... greatest ever!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 24.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.95
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 17.00
There are 15678 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 314.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside