nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 1,516.
#9151 6 years ago

It was great to watch a Dallas game and not see "feed me more". Denver's defense completely shut down Elliott.

#9152 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

It was great to watch a Dallas game and not see "feed me more". Denver's defense completely shut down Elliott.

Yeah, nice to see that Denver's run D appears much improved over last year. If the O can keep it up, we might just give KC and Oakland a run for their money.

#9153 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

2 teams looked really good today.

Team Dolphins and team Traeger?

#9154 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Team Dolphins and team Traeger?

Denver and Atlanta. Vikings will be good if Bradford can get/stay healthy. Didn't watch the Miami game. Have fun with the Traeger. I love to use my grill and smoker.

#9155 6 years ago

I am, but it almost seems like cheating. I won't argue the point though because it sure does a fine job on them meats.

#9156 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Welp that's about as quick as I've ever seen a season end for a team.

Can't wait till your guys play my browns

One of us may get a win.... maybe

#9157 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Haha yeah. Don't forget about ties. I think that's burfict's first game back so until he gets kicked out of the game for cheating, I expect the Bengals D to be extra mean that day.

#9158 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

How the hell did Corey Coleman break his hand again? Wasn't it game 2 last year as well? Cursed I say

#9159 6 years ago

Browns you say

#9160 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Browns you say

Yeah, pretty much. I'll dump Coleman for a second time in 2 seasons. Gonna try to pick up Trevor Siemian and Willie Snead. Anybody else really happy with Coby Fleener? How could a guy with a name like that let you down?

#9161 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Browns you say

Did you see that rib roast? Brown as can be.

#9162 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Did you see that rib roast? Brown as can be.

My favorite right now is pork tenderloin. Less than $3 a pound and can smoke one in a little over an hour.

#9163 6 years ago

I did some fat pork back ribs last week, and the Traeger really does justice to beef short ribs. And believe it or not I'm not gaining a pound.

#9164 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I did some fat pork back ribs last week, and the Traeger really does justice to beef short ribs. And believe it or not I'm not gaining a pound.

I'm down ~88 pounds and I grill nearly every f'n day. The meat ain't the problem if you are worried about weight.

I also dabble in Costco Prime Brisket as long as they keep it ~$3/pound.

#9165 6 years ago

Costco prime brisket eh? Looks like I have another project.

#9166 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Costco prime brisket eh? Looks like I have another project.

I've picked it up for as little as $2.69 a pound. I now own a freezer mostly because of Costco Prime Brisket Brisket is a fickle bitch though. And that's the whole brisket, not just the flat.

#9167 6 years ago

I'm on it! I had considered doing a brisket first thing when I got my new toy but figured I'd break it in with a lessor cut in case something went wrong. And it did. The Traeger can go out and if you do a restart without certain precautions, it really lights up. They should include that in the ad or the owner's manual. That is why I am on the second Traeger and a little wiser for the ware.

#9168 6 years ago

The Giants look awful. They did nothing to shore up their offensive line.

#9169 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The Giants look awful. They did nothing to shore up their offensive line.

Yep, it's going to be a long season. I wonder why they thought Flowers had learned to play?

#9170 6 years ago

I'm just here for the grilled meats and oline talk

IMG_0332.JPG.d6728f3f459d211cea4ad34f8d40bb09.JPGIMG_0332.JPG.d6728f3f459d211cea4ad34f8d40bb09.JPG

#9171 6 years ago

On that note which traeger do you have? Is it this one? 95e2804d-73ef-43ba-9c5f-76b4dbcd9176_1000 (resized).jpg95e2804d-73ef-43ba-9c5f-76b4dbcd9176_1000 (resized).jpg

How do much do pellets run you vs propane or charcoal?

#9172 6 years ago

How about those Lions!!

#9173 6 years ago

Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

How about those Lions!!

how many times are you gonna fall for it man...Don't do it!

#9174 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

On that note which traeger do you have? Is it this one?

No, not that one. I got the Jr. Elite when it was on sale at Cotco.

Quoted from Erik:

How do much do pellets run you vs propane or charcoal?

Couldn't tell you as I don't and won't cook with propane, but there is quite a variety of hardwoods available. I am still in my first bag of pellets and have done five cookouts with it already.

http://www.traegergrills.com/shop/hardwood

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#9175 6 years ago

How about those Lions!!

Quoted from TheLaw:

its-a-trick-get-an-axe (resized).jpgits-a-trick-get-an-axe (resized).jpg

#9176 6 years ago

Any predictions on what team fires their coach 1st? I'm going w cinccy and M. Lewis n NY Giants and B McAdoo..

#9177 6 years ago

I've got LeSean McCoy and I'm not playing him this week. If Zeke couldn't get it done vs. Denver, McCoy sure as hell won't.

#9178 6 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Any predictions on what team fires their coach 1st? I'm going w cinccy and M. Lewis n NY Giants and B McAdoo..

If one of those coaches goes, it will definitely be Macadoo before Lewis.

#9179 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I've got LeSean McCoy and I'm not playing him this week. If Zeke couldn't get it done vs. Denver, McCoy sure as hell won't.

I have Shady McCoy in one of my leagues as well but I am starting him over Joe Mixon.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

If one of those coaches goes, it will definitely be Macadoo before Lewis.

Coaches in NY have a shorter leash than those in smaller markets. McAdoo is a good choice even though the Giants made the playoffs last year. SF has been changing coaches every year but I think they will stick with Shanahan a while longer.

#9180 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Coaches in NY have a shorter leash than those in smaller markets. McAdoo is a good choice even though the Giants made the playoffs last year.

Agreed, hype vs. reality for this Giants team isn't going down well with the fans, this one included. He's got another few games to turn things around, but if they end up 1-5 or something he's probably toast.

Plus if Cincy hasn't fired Lewis by now, he's got to be pretty much coach for life.

#9181 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I have Shady McCoy in one of my leagues as well but I am starting him over Joe Mixon.

I'll probably be wrong, but at least Dallas had other scoring options and they still stopped Zeke. What do the Bills have? I've got James White and Tevin Coleman starting, and also have Tarik Cohen on the bench.

Anybody else pickup Trevor Siemian this week? I've got 3 f'n QBs. Ha!

#9182 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Except McCoy is a totally diff'rent runner and catches passes. He's much closer to Gordon style than Zeke..and Gordon did well against them.

Quoted from hwyhed:

You're half right. mcadoo will be fired first. Knowing Cincy Lewis wil be the first coach given a contract extension.

#9183 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I bet if the Lions gave up the Thanksgiving day game the NFL would let them win one of these years.

#9184 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Couldn't tell you as I don't and won't cook with propane, but there is quite a variety of hardwoods available. I am still in my first bag of pellets and have done five cookouts with it already.
http://www.traegergrills.com/shop/hardwood

How quickly does it get around 400 deg? Have you done any long smokes, say 24 hrs?

#9185 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

How quickly does it get around 400 deg? Have you done any long smokes, say 24 hrs?

You start the thing on smoke to get it lit, and a few minutes later you can crank it up to high and it will be there in no time.

I have not done any overnight cooks yet and like I mentioned you do need to add pellets every couple hours and make sure the pellets in the hopper don't funnel an air pocket or it can go out. And if it does it will fill the burner up with pellets and a restart without removing them will cook the entire unit. Ask me how I know...

Anyway , once you get a handle on it and can check on it so it doesn't go out, it is a fine cooker but I wouldn't leave it for more than a couple hours without checking and filling the hopper.

Basically the igniter in the burner only goes on when you first start it up on smoke for a couple minutes and is dependent on a slow stream of pellets to keep it lit.

#9186 6 years ago

I bet if the Lions gave up the Thanksgiving day game the NFL would let them win one of these years.

Tune in this year and maybe you'll see them give up the Thanksgiving day game to the Vikings.

#9187 6 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I'll take Chuck P in Indy for a hundo, Alex.

#9188 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'll take Chuck P in Indy for a hundo, Alex.

Didn't Rex Ryan teach them to just fire their OC if the end appears near?

#9189 6 years ago

I know Cutler took a lot of heat when he was in Chicago, but I always noticed the talent was there. When he was on he was on. I was actually glad when Miami signed him as it's been a long time since they had a bonafide journeyman QB. And you could see he was having fun last Sunday and had left his windy city baggage behind.

#9190 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know Cutler took a lot of heat when he was in Chicago, but I always noticed the talent was there. When he was on he was on. I was actually glad when Miami signed him as it's been a long time since they had a bonafide journeyman QB. And you could see he was having fun last Sunday and had left his windy city baggage behind.

He's still carrying his Mile High City baggage though. Some bags are hard to drop.

#9191 6 years ago

^the donkees errr broncos are playing some pretty good ball. We all knew how good they are on D, but w Simien (however u spell his name) doing what he's doing..the afc west is the best division in the league right now..

#9192 6 years ago

Are they still groomng Paxton Lynch to be the qb of the future in Denver? Siemian has been doing well so far this year.

#9193 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know Cutler took a lot of heat when he was in Chicago, but I always noticed the talent was there. When he was on he was on.

No he wasn't. He's on when nothing is on the line. When it comes to the end of the game he will bone it up ALWAYS.
Believe all you want and you and the Lions "this is the year" guys can baste your Treager meats with your tears

#9194 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He's on when nothing is on the line. When it comes to the end of the game he will bone it up ALWAYS.

I guess you didn't see that final drive to set up the winning field goal in Sunday's game. He was relaxed, spot on with his throws, and smiling.

#9195 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess you didn't see that final drive to set up the winning field goal in Sunday's game. He was relaxed, spot on with his throws, and smiling.

2nd game of the season...wait for it.

#9196 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

2nd game of the season...wait for it.

Actually it was their first. But yeah, I'll wait to see how he does against the patriots down the road.

I think the fact that the fish have good receivers, a decent O- line, and an outstanding running back in Jay Ajayi is certainly helping his cause.

#9197 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think the fact that the fish have good receivers, a decent O- line, and an outstanding running back in Jay Ajayi is certainly helping his cause.

It cant hurt; He's certain(T)ly better than Tannehill.

#9198 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He's certain(T)ly better than Tannehill.

That was my point. It's been a long time since the fish had a real QB with experience. Not some backup or wide receiver turned starter.

#9199 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That was my point. It's been a long time since the fish had a real QB. Not some backup or wide receiver turned starter.

Never liked Cutler, to me he always looks like a drug addict with dark circles under his eyes.

#9200 6 years ago

He is a diabetic that is making the best of that situation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.