nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 1,516.
#9101 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Losing a division game at home and not scoring any points must have been painful.
I didn't see that game, but either Ravens defense is kick-ass, or Andy had a bad game, or the Bengals offense is not clicking yet.
What is your prediction for Bengals season this year?
I'm guessing 9 and 7, or 8 and 8.

No worries. Down vote was for saying the bengals are in the basement per usual. The first time the bengals missed the playoffs in the past six years was last year.

Sadly with that O line, I see the Bengals being around the same record they had last year, possibly worse. Definitely worse if Randy keeps showing up. He has to capitalize on the few times the line gives him time to throw or they are dead.

#9102 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I get to choose between the Chargers and Dolphins and wonder if it's worth the price of admission. I sure miss those free tickets and $10 seats.

awesome pics of niners and rams attendance!
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-nfl-is-seriously-concerned-with-empty-stadiums/ar-AArTqkb?li=BBmkt5R

#9103 6 years ago

It should be interesting to see how the Raiders' attendance is this year. They have the best California team so they might do better. Everbank Field often looks like those pictures at Jaguars games.

#9104 6 years ago

Yeah, I've talked to a couple friends that used to go see a lot of games at the coliseum and Anaheim stadium and none of us are going to pay the outlandish prices to go see a game at that new fancy stadium they are building.

#9105 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, I've talked to a couple friends that used to go see a lot of games at the coliseum and Anaheim stadium and none of us are going to pay the outlandish prices to go see a game at that new fancy stadium they are building.

Yeah football got a touch more popular in the last 50 years

#9106 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah football got a touch more popular in the last 50 years

Sure enough. But not enough to pay $200 or whatever they are going to charge for nosebleed seats. Hopefully they can recoup some of their investment when the Olympics come to town in 11 years.

#9107 6 years ago

N.E. Patriots favored by 6-1/2 to 7 points over the Saints in New Orleans Sun at Noon ct on CBS.
One of these teams is gonna end up 0 and 2 to start out the season.
I sure hope the Saints win.
...but it is hard to imagine the Patriots starting out 0 and 2.
Come on Saints!

That's a gift, I'll take the Saints on that. This is going to be a score fest.

#9108 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sure enough. But not enough to pay $200 or whatever they are going to charge for nosebleed seats. Hopefully they can recoup some of their investment when the Olympics come to town in 11 years.

Well they aren't really nosebleed seats...you can just move up to probably row 20.
But yeah LA is a joke location for a team and everyone knows it. Now you get the lies coming out they're claiming they had 60K at the game...

rams (resized).jpgrams (resized).jpg

#9109 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well they aren't really nosebleed seats...you can just move up to probably row 20.
But yeah LA is a joke location for a team and everyone knows it.

They will be. That place looks like it will be huge. Although close to the airport, Inglewood is no where I'd want to be after dark. IMO they blew it on the location as south Orange county had the space and is a much better area in need of an entertainment center. And there is money down there.

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#9110 6 years ago

This is where the Chargers and Dolphins will play this weekend and it is pretty cool with only 30,000 seats but still the cheapest ones are around $125. That will buy a lot of beer and some good meat for the Traeger.

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg

#9111 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is where the Chargers and Dolphins will play this weekend and it is pretty cool with only 30,000 seats but still the cheapest ones are around $125. That will buy a lot of beer and some good meat for the Traeger.

If LA hates football as much as everyone says, take a look at prices just before game time (or even just after kickoff). You might be able to scoop something up at below-face pricing from a desperate scalper. I've had good success with this in the past for concerts, miss the first song and save a hundred bucks.

#9112 6 years ago

How severe do stadium security / courtesy staff make sure you are sitting in your assigned seats?
Do they enforce this til 4th quarter? Are some stadiums more easy going about this than others?
I realize that at stadiums with near sell-out crowds there is less opportunity to just move down to a better open seat.
Is it only the really good seats down low where they verify your seats shown on your tickets?

#9113 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's probably worth it more to see them in such a small stadium actually...I mean in respect to other prices.

#9114 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If LA hates football as much as everyone says, take a look at prices just before game time (or even just after kickoff). You might be able to scoop something up at below-face pricing from a desperate scalper. I've had good success with this in the past for concerts, miss the first song and save a hundred bucks.

LA never hated football. It just couldn't support two teams at the same time. Being both the Rams and Raiders left at the same time, there was never a chance to see if it could support one. Now we are in the same situation all over again.

Quoted from TheLaw:

It's probably worth it more to see them in such a small stadium actually...I mean in respect to other prices.

Yeah, but that place is still quite a haul from here, so I'll probably miss it and watch whatever game they spoon feed us on TV. I really miss having games at Anaheim, ten minutes from here.

#9115 6 years ago

How severe do stadium security / courtesy staff make sure you are sitting in your assigned seats?
Do they enforce this til 4th quarter?

I'd answer your question but the last game I went to was a Rams/Raiders game before they both left. There wasn't much control there at all, in fact it turned into a riot.

#9116 6 years ago

I went to this Monday night game wearing a Miami shirt. It was a kinder gentler Raiders nation back in the day. I think it was $10 to get in. I must be getting old....

#9117 6 years ago

Texans already in their pajamas!

#9118 6 years ago

Man thank god for Geno Atkins.

#9119 6 years ago

Good god this sucks. 2/22 to a 50 yard run by a rookie QB for TD. Criminy

#9120 6 years ago

Oh wow. Tyler Eifert does exist.

#9121 6 years ago

3 more points than I thought they were gonna get there.

#9122 6 years ago

Even by TNF standards this is a particularly bad game.

#9123 6 years ago

Jesus Christ I love to watch the Bengals suck but this isn't even fair; So horrible!!! Gonna take them a bit to get up to speed when Kapernick gets there.

#9124 6 years ago

Welp that's about as quick as I've ever seen a season end for a team.

#9125 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Welp that's about as quick as I've ever seen a season end for a team.

Still a young buck, Chuck. I Remember Bengals and Steelers seasons ending just as quick.

#9126 6 years ago

did they not look to Green at any point on that last drive?

#9127 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Whom's gonna throw it to him?

Question : what's worse, Dalton's play or Tomlinson 's TV work?

#9128 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Nope but could've been penance for him stopping on his route the last drive.

Either way, their OC is pretty clueless. QB coach his whole career and they've been bland on offense past two years and have only added more weapons.

OL is pretty bad but they played well enough to win tonight. Sprinkle in Randy Dalton for a few plays, another L.

#9129 6 years ago

Your boys will have a good shot Nov 12. Maybe we'll both have new coaches by then

#9130 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Either way, their OC is pretty clueless. QB coach his whole career and they've been bland on offense past two years and have only added more weapons.

Uff and still no talk of Head Coach....standard Cincy operating procedure

#9131 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Your boys will have a good shot Nov 12. Maybe we'll both have new coaches by then

I'll just take a new OC by then. Haha

#9132 6 years ago

I'm not a fan of the running back by committee approach. Pick one of them and give him a steady dose of carries. It would help if the O-line were better.

#9133 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'll just take a new OC by then. Haha

Prayers answered! OC fired today.

#9134 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Prayers answered! OC fired today.

New O.C. doesn't stop Dalton from overthrowing receivers. How many games until we see McCarron?

#9135 6 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

New O.C. doesn't stop Dalton from overthrowing receivers. How many games until we see McCarron?

Infinity. Again, no idea what's daltons problem (haven't seen this kind of play from him in 3 years). Hopefully it was the OC. Haha

#9136 6 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

New O.C. doesn't stop Dalton from over throwing receivers. How many games until we see McCarron?

The O-line is simply horrible at the guard positions,we can't even run effectively over either side. Dalton has no choice but to try to throw over linemen, as the line is incapable of giving him clear passing lanes. Firing the O.C. was pure pacifier, while I don't think much of Zampese as a O.C. he's the tip of the problem,......Marvin Lewis needs to find a new home. I know Mike Brown won't drop him until the seasons over either way, so it's just wishful thinking. Don't get me wrong I do give Lewis credit, he did change the locker room culture in Cincy but, as his record shows he can't make the correct calls when it's on the line.

#9137 6 years ago

So it has been decided we are not going to the Chargers/Dolphins game on Sunday unless we get a real spur of the moment, wild hair on that one.

But it will be televised locally and I have a bunch of Coronas and picked up a fat prime rib roast for the Traeger, so plan B is now in effect.

#9139 6 years ago

Am I nuts to start Sam Bradford? My other QB is Dak Prescott who has a tough matchup tomorrow (Denver).

#9140 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Am I nuts to start Sam Bradford? My other QB is Dak Prescott who has a tough matchup tomorrow (Denver).

Naw they both suck. I'd start Bradford until his knee blows out

#9141 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Naw they both suck. I'd start Bradford until his knee blows out

Yeah, barring anymore bad news regarding the knee, gonna start him. Just don't think Dak will get me the points. Bradford might if he finished the game.

#9142 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

He might be hurt.

#9143 6 years ago

My buddy bought a traeger this summer and we've been to 3 cookouts and were fantastic each time. The recipes on the site seem to be endless and I'm eyeing one up for my xmas gift this year!

Also I think the Chargers moving to LA with the Rams is going to be a disaster. I just don't see both teams being supported. Maybe 1 if they are good/contenders but when both teams are 4 and 8 and out of the playoff race i think seeing half empty upper decks will be the norm.

I'd do what you're doing. Buy a big roast, tap a keg, invite friends and family over and still be under the cost of a ticket.

#9144 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

He might be hurt.

Yeah, I've read they are also trying to keep the PS QB from getting poached too.

#9145 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

My buddy bought a traeger this summer and we've been to 3 cookouts and were fantastic each time. The recipes on the site seem to be endless and I'm eyeing one up for my xmas gift this year!
Also I think the Chargers moving to LA with the Rams is going to be a disaster. I just don't see both teams being supported.

I agree on all three points. But it's Sunday so I'm going to make the best of it.

#9146 6 years ago

Another missed field goal and the Chargers go down in defeat two weeks in a row. That's OK I guess because I like the Dolphins too and Cutler looked pretty sharp in his Miami debut.

Meanwhile the Traeger is working it's magic on that rib roast.

DSCN5523 (resized).JPGDSCN5523 (resized).JPG

#9147 6 years ago

Just like on TV.

DSCN5527 (resized).JPGDSCN5527 (resized).JPG

#9148 6 years ago

Man, I wouldn't want to be a Green Bay fan...

#9149 6 years ago

And I thought that this Sunday night game was gonna be a good close game of 2 powerhouses..what do I know..any given Sunday I guess..even that cowboys/donkeys game was a blowout..

#9150 6 years ago

2 teams looked really good today. The rest? Meh......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/183 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.