nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,766 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 1,516.
#8901 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

washed up pizza pimp noodle arm

Don't forget that he was also hawking Budweiser after the SB. What a salesman!

#8902 7 years ago

Cowboys are now evidently trying to trade Romo after all:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18864645/dallas-cowboys-now-expected-trade-tony-romo

Hope Elway has the sense to stay out of that mess. Let Houston hold this particular bag (or just wait for Cowboys to fail to trade Romo and cut him anyway).

#8903 7 years ago

Cleveland trades for Brock Osweiler and plans to cut him? Haha, poor Brock. Should have stayed with the Broncos.

#8904 7 years ago

Pats cleaning up in free agency. I just dropped $300 on Pats at 5.5 to 1. I thought it'd be more like 2 to 1. Next best is Shithawks at 9 to 1.
I feel really good about the bet.

#8905 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Current rumor is Romo gets cut this Thursday, and that Denver remains very interested. Still not sure how I feel about it, depends if we can get him without breaking the bank and if Elway is able to leverage that into getting a better o-line together (I assume offensive linemen prefer to play for a top-notch QB that will make them look good). I understand it's a limited free-agent pool and a thin draft class, so not sure how much better that o-line's going to get.
Disturbing stat I saw recently is that in 13 seasons in the NFL, Romo played all 16 games in only four of them. Again, not sure why Romo'd want to park his glass jaw behind Denver's o-line. He's not beating Manning at chess anytime soon, but still ...

Texans just got rid of Osweiler. They have room for Romo.

#8906 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Texans just got rid of Osweiler. They have room for Romo.

Yes seems inevitable at this point. Ok by me though I think Denver's money is better spent elsewhere.

#8907 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Don't forget that he was also hawking Budweiser after the SB. What a salesman!

And he likes to shove his ass and balls into the face of his female trainer. What a free spirit!

#8908 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

And he likes to shove his ass and balls into the face of his female trainer. What a free spirit!

Pretty standard College in the 90s.

#8909 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pretty standard College in the 90s.

The way I heard it you could clep out of a couple courses at UT in the 90s

#8910 7 years ago

Man I caught the clep one time at college but I never was able to get college credits like that.

#8911 7 years ago

I can't understand why the Bengals would let Burkehead go......he did a damn good job.

#8912 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I can't understand why the Bengals would let Burkehead go......he did a damn good job.

#8913 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I agree but he's third string for a reason. Did well with the time he had last year so it earned him a shot with another team. I wish him well. Bengals need more talent back there and the seem hell bent to get it in the draft.

1 week later
#8915 7 years ago

Ok then...

raiders-las-vegas (resized).jpgraiders-las-vegas (resized).jpg

#8916 7 years ago

Vegas baby!!

#8917 7 years ago

Will you stick with them? I imagine most of the Raiders fanbase wouldn't be inclined to just slide over to the 49ers.

#8918 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Will you stick with them? I imagine most of the Raiders fanbase wouldn't be inclined to just slide over to the 49ers.

49ers??? Oh Hell No!!! LOL

I have been a Raider Fan since 1974. I supported them in Oakland, Los Angles and Oakland again... I will support them in Las Vegas as well as I am a true Raiders Fan! Good or bad!

I also look at it this way, moving to Vegas is huge for the NFL and what better team than the Raiders with their dedicated worldly fan base to do it with! If it succeedes, I'll be even happier I'm a Raiders fan! If not, same old Raiders...

It will be interesting to see how the Raiders will finish their games in Oakland though. I know I'd love for them to win a championship while they are still here!

#8919 7 years ago

C'mon you sure your not gonna become bronco fans

#8920 7 years ago

Fyi today is 3.28, now an official Patriots holiday apparently.

#8921 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Fyi today is 3.28, now an official Patriots holiday apparently.

Why?

#8922 7 years ago

Because March sucks in Boston. They survived another misserable winter, let them have this.

#8923 7 years ago

The score was 3 to 28 late in the third quarter. Amazing. 3.28.

#8924 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

The score was 3 to 28 late in the third quarter. Amazing. 3.28.

Oooo I get it now. That was a long stretch.

#8925 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yes seems inevitable at this point. Ok by me though I think Denver's money is better spent elsewhere.

Guess it wasn't so inevitable after all.

Romo has retired.

#8926 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Guess it wasn't so inevitable after all.
Romo has retired.

Interesting...maybe a job in the booth was too good to pass up. Can't blame him...lot easier on the body.

#8927 7 years ago

What do you guys think about the Patriots talking to Adrian Peterson? I'm a Pat's fan and I thought it was a dumb idea.

#8928 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

What do you guys think about the Patriots talking to Adrian Peterson? I'm a Pat's fan and I thought it was a dumb idea.

If they get him for cheap why not? Pats for sure aren't going to give him anywhere near the 8 million or whatever he's looking for...so get him cheap and stick him on the team with the standard RBBC.
I don;t know if AD would do it though...he's got too many mouths to feed and needs monies more than a ring is my guess?

#8929 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If they get him for cheap why not? Pats for sure aren't going to give him anywhere near the 8 million or whatever he's looking for...so get him cheap and stick him on the team with the standard RBBC.
I don;t know if AD would do it though...he's got too many mouths to feed and needs monies more than a ring is my guess?

Seems like they would take a huge pr hit if they did. Also Johnathon Kraft stated displeasure for players like him when the incident happened.

I also just heard that ap has the same manager as Richard Sherman and the Patriots are looking to make a deal with the Seahawks for him. That could be the reasoning for talking to him

#8930 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Seems like they would take a huge pr hit if they did.

To whom exactly? I don't think they have great PR love now. SB helped repair it a little but it took forever for people to turn against Goddell over Deflate-gate.
Lot more Aaron Hernandez stuff in the news than AD's issue.

#8931 7 years ago

Aaron Hernandez was cut when everything went down and AP whipped his kid and left marks on him including his scrotum. It's a little different

#8932 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Aaron Hernandez was cut when everything went down

Stop the homer bullshit please.

Quoted from Mfsrc791:

AP whipped his kid and left marks on him including his scrotum. It's a little different

Right, but people don't mention that anymore, all they talk aboot are injuries & his age. my POV is that won;t casue much negative PR from what I've seen...maybe closer to home though.

#8933 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Stop the homer bullshit please.

Right, but people don't mention that anymore, all they talk aboot are injuries & his age. my POV is that won;t casue much negative PR from what I've seen...maybe closer to home though.

That's just how I feel. Not trying to be a homer. When they drafted him they didn't know he was going to kill anyone.

There is a lot of talk around here saying the pats should never have brought him in

#8934 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

There is a lot of talk around here saying the pats should never have brought him in

Exactly, because he was a known piece of shit, but they brought him in to help them win. He was shady the whole damn time
time.

Anyway That's my feeling on the PR slant from "somewhat" middle 'Merica. Weather he's got the juice to be a #1 RB in the league I have no idea. The guy is a goddamn beast...it wouldn't surprise me if he Corey Dillon's this thing...although Dillon was solid his entire career before going Pats.

#8935 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Exactly, because he was a known piece of shit, but they brought him in to help them win. He was shady the whole damn time
time.
Anyway That's my feeling on the PR slant from "somewhat" middle 'Merica. Weather he's got the juice to be a #1 RB in the league I have no idea. The guy is a goddamn beast...it wouldn't surprise me if he Corey Dillon's this thing...although Dillon was solid his entire career before going Pats.

When I said the pats should never have brought him in I was talking about AP

#8936 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

When I said the pats should never have brought him in I was talking about AP

Ah OK sorry. Sure that's local stuff...I watch a decent amount of sports programming in the morning and really hadn't heard any negative stuff aboot his suspension at all. Whom knows.

#8937 7 years ago

Ok I was just wondering in general what people outside of new England think. Radio was all over the Patriots for talking to him

#8938 7 years ago

I think Peterson is old, 32 years old for a running back better have the best line in nfl history.

#8939 7 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

I think Peterson is old, 32 years old for a running back better have the best line in nfl history.

Ancient for a RB no doubt...but he is one of the best ever and he's had 2 of the last 3 years bascially off.
You have to put at the level of an Emmitt Smith in possibilities...Emmitt was rushing for close to 1000 at 33-34...and think of all those playoff games he played. Sure he's old I agree and 30 is drop off city...but if you can get him cheap why not.

#8940 7 years ago

This is the least interesting draft in recent memory. There's a consensus #1 followed by a consensus shrug. With that said I can't wait til the 27th

I also can't wait to see where Ross and McCaffrey end up and how they're used.

#8941 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

This is the least interesting draft in recent memory. There's a consensus #1 followed by a consensus shrug. With that said I can't wait til the 27th

I love the draft. Ever since I was a little kid I'll get a couple draft magazines, watch the draft and write every pick out. Team, position, pick, etc...
Even now I dvr both nfl network and espn's coverage. I wish they still held it Saturday and Sunday but it's all about prime time $$$.
It will be strange not seeing and hearing Boomer anymore.

Quoted from Erik:

I also can't wait to see where Ross and McCaffrey end up and how they're used.

Doesn't McCaffrey scream a Patriot?

#8942 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Doesn't McCaffrey scream a Patriot?

He does but I suspect he'll be gone long before they pick. They just got Cooks from the Saints to get even more slot targets so really he'd be kind of wasted as just a HB imo. I would guess he ends up in Philly or Carolina.

#8943 7 years ago

McCaffery could end up in Washington, TB, Philly, or Carolina IMO

#8944 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

He does but I suspect he'll be gone long before they pick.

Patriots won't have a first round pick anyways. I'd like to see McCaffery in New Orleans

#8945 7 years ago

Updated injury report: Aaron Hernandez (neck) out indefinitely

#8946 7 years ago

I upvoted, but I don't know if I should have.

#8947 7 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

Kidding me? When that dude breathed his last breath this world became a better place.

#8948 7 years ago

True dat. You can take the boy outta the hood, but you can't take the hood outta the boy.

#8949 7 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

Yeah I understand. It wasn't my joke but I thought it was funny and needed to be shared.

Sad situation for sure. A guy as talented as that throwing it away for nothing. Hopefully it's a cautionary tale for others.

#8950 7 years ago

Always shocked me he wasn't a Bengal

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
There are 75,766 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/179 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.