5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 1,515.
#8851 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The end of the NFC Domination.

Oh yeah. Prior to that Broncos victory the last AFC team to win it all was the underdog Raiders beating the Redskins following the '83 season. What a long stretch that was, and what a relief it was when the AFC finally broke thru.

#8852 7 years ago

What if Kraft sold them next year and bellicheck and brady retired and they won again?

Lol, I will take that bet any day any amount!

#8853 7 years ago

And I'm already looking forward to next year! Although I have to admit, it seems the NFL is still made up of the "haves" and the "have nots". No matter how much they try and equalize it, the cream of the crop still rises. For instance, next year my Patriots will be battling the Steelers, or KC, or the Broncos. Maybe even the Raiders, or were they just a flash in the pan? But our division has gone from the toughest one to a dysfunctional mess over the years. I already know that barring massive injuries, the Pats will take the division next year. I just don't understand why some teams remain dysfunctional year after year. Good teams twice a year when they play us, and then crap the other 14 games.

Did you see the game Seattle put up against the Pats this year? They looked like monsters for that one game. Then I saw them two weeks later and they looked like they were trying to understand why a football wasn't a sphere. Crazy that they put everything into one game but can't sustain. If the rest of the league wants to end the Patriots reign, they need to get their crap together for longer than a game.

#8854 7 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

I liked the ad with Snoop Dog & Martha. I wasn't paying 100% attention, but it was something like "Snoop, what do you want for your birthday?" "I'd like..." "A purple kushy pillow?"

Haha, that was hilarious. My wife was yelling "hit rewind! Snoop just said he wanted some purple kush"

Besides the Gronk commercial, it's the only commercial I remember this year. Seems either the commercials suck now or I really don't give a rats ass anymore. I'm guessing both.

Where's the babes eating cheeseburgers and drinking beer and animals doing stupid things?

#8855 7 years ago

There's a trend in advertising now that I can't stand. Companies have largely abandoned cleverly written commercials for "random" commercials. Just string together a bunch of things that don't go together, and the dullards seem to laugh at it. I think it started with Old Spice. This was one of the worst years for commercials that I can remember. I don't care about the commercials much to begin with (I love fast forwarding through them or watching otherwise ad-free media), but it's part of the day.

Next up - free agency. It's the only reason I have a twitter account, and I dust it off for these few days every year. GB isn't one to make headlines at that time of year, but this year I expect we'll be more aggressive than we have in previous years.

Then, the draft... I'll leave the combine on for background noise while I'm doing other things around the house. I'll read up on at least the first round or those players that might possibly land in my town. I miss when the draft was Saturday/Sunday.. In college we'd take the TV outside and toss around a ball and hit some beers. Those were the days...

#8856 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I give them the benefit of the doubt by including all their SB victories since Belichick and Brady came together and calling it one dynasty. It may not have happened all in a few years, but it's actually pretty amazing that even in most years they didn't win they almost always had an outstanding record and made the playoffs.
I guess it depends on how you define a football dynasty. It's tough to say though because during that time both the Steelers and Giants won two Super Bowls each.

Its tough to describe a dynasty with all the same players on the same team. Teams and coaches change so often that all people really care about it the logo. Thats it. Im a pats but if brady went to the bronco or colt ect. i would still be rooting for the logo regardless of the person in the uniform. Kind of weird when you think about it.

#8857 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Its tough to describe a dynasty with all the same players on the same team. Teams and coaches change so often that all people really care about it the logo. Thats it. Im a pats but if brady went to the bronco or colt ect. i would still be rooting for the logo regardless of the person in the uniform. Kind of weird when you think about it.

That's different from me. I'm a fan of players and teams. The logo is just part of the corporate entity. I guess it stems from when I was a kid and watching college teams getting better for four years until they were champs. The story that is told.
I guess that's why I rooted for Manning even after he was pushed out by the Colts. Even more than the Colts.

#8858 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I imagine the options are to start a new thread, or reach out to flank and convince him it's time to come home. Unless you can convince a moderator to do it.

best bet is for someone to start a new tread. Highly unlikely Flank is coming back I was told.

#8859 7 years ago

First let me say I am a Pat's fan that being said this shit is funny

#8860 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

First let me say I am a Pat's fan that being said this shit is funny » YouTube video

Haha hilarious

#8861 7 years ago

Did anyone check the footballs to see if they were properly inflated last Sunday??????????

#8862 7 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Did anyone check the footballs to see if they were properly inflated last Sunday??????????

No, becasue it never affects the outcome.

#8863 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

No, becasue it never affects the outcome.

Ha i heard on the radio today Goddell should pay 5 million for anotere Wells report to find out whom stole Brady's jersey.

I liked the idea best it was Brady Himself so he can "find" it for the HOF 5 minutes after Godell doesn't work there anymore.

2 weeks later
#8864 7 years ago

Washington put the tag on Cousins. He'll have to produce this upcoming season now to get a bigger contract.

#8865 7 years ago

He should have gotten a big deal this year, the skins are screwing this up lol.

#8866 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Washington put the tag on Cousins. He'll have to produce this upcoming season now to get a bigger contract.

Ha...3rd highest paid QB this year.

#8867 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

He should have gotten a big deal this year, the skins are screwing this up lol.

His career thus far has been very up and down which is why I said he'll have to prove himself.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha...3rd highest paid QB this year

Not sure about that, I can think of at least 4 or 5 QB's that would command more in my opinion but, there are stranger things.....

#8868 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Not sure about that, I can think of at least 4 or 5 QB's that would command more in my opinion but, there are stranger things.....

I think what he was referring to is that now that Cousins has been franchise tagged for $25 million he is now the 3rd highest paid QB. This is why I was saying that the Skins messed up, they are paying too much.

#8869 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I think what he was referring to is that now that Cousins has been franchise tagged for $25 million he is now the 3rd highest paid QB.

#8870 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I think what he was referring to is that now that Cousins has been franchise tagged for $25 million he is now the 3rd highest paid QB. This is why I was saying that the Skins messed up, they are paying too much

Yeah that makes sense now. I have to say I agree, they put waaaaay to much money in him. Jay Grueden probably had a lot to do with that deal. I was very happy to see him leave cincy, had no confidence in his play calling.

#8871 7 years ago

Looks like Romo may be heading to the Broncos. That was my prediction last year.

#8872 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Looks like Romo may be heading to the Broncos. That was my prediction last year.

glad it is not Chicago!

#8873 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

glad it is not Chicago!

Chicago should go after Jimmy Garapollo, or however you spell it.

#8874 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

glad it is not Chicago!

Still holding out for your beloved Cutler?

#8875 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Chicago should go after Jimmy Garapollo, or however you spell it.

He's not for sale. Personally I'm hoping the Pats work out a long term deal with him. QB is the toughest position on the team to replace. I look at all these quarterback starved teams that can't put it together. There are 5-7 good QBs in the league, and I think he could be the next. Yeah, I'd pay him almost starter money to wait for Brady to finish.

#8876 7 years ago

It's so hard to tell if he might be legitimate, or if it's the scheme. I make this point to death, but the Pats went 11-5 with Matt Cassel.

#8877 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It's so hard to tell if he might be legitimate, or if it's the scheme. I make this point to death, but the Pats went 11-5 with Matt Cassel.

It's a valid point for sure. I'd say (IMO) Garrapapotamus is more talented than Cassel but I'd like to see him with another team, another system, and see what he can do. I think the Pats should trade him personally. He would go for a huge premium right now.

#8878 7 years ago

Trade grap to the Browns for there 1st round draft pick (12 they got from eagles) if he can win there he is good

#8879 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I am surprised he'd want to hop behind our o-line. Feels a little bit like trying to recreate the Manning experience with lesser parts, but we shall see.

#8880 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Feels a little bit like trying to recreate the Manning experience with lesser parts, but we shall see.

Except he's, literally and sadly, 10 times the QB Manning was at the end.

Meaning he can throw a ball 50 yards

#8881 7 years ago

It's everything. Coaching, talent, scheme, teamwork, environment, dedication. They all combine to build a great team. And on this team, I think Jimmy G will be great. If it was just "scheme" every other team would duplicate it and the level of play in the NFL would be a lot better. Talent alone isn't enough, no matter how much a player has.

#8882 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And on this team, I think Jimmy G will be great. If it was just "scheme" every other team would duplicate it and the level of play in the NFL would be a lot better.

I'm more on your side than the other side...and interested to see. Brady you "have" to say is the best QB ever; because EVERY "best QB ever" had one of the best coaches ever. BUT how do the best coaches ever do without the best qbs ever? That's why I always put Gibbs in the convo even though I don't love him.

#8883 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It's everything.

You're right, I intended "scheme" to encapsulate those other things you mentioned.

Quoted from fosaisu:

I am surprised he'd want to hop behind our o-line. Feels a little bit like trying to recreate the Manning experience with lesser parts, but we shall see.

I think Romo has more left in the tank than Manning did at that point, at least as far as throwing ability and movement goes. Oakland is the team to beat out west, especially after the way their season came to an unfortunate end. I'm excited to see the division be more competitive next year, but I do think the departures mean that Denver will still be on the outside looking in.

#8884 7 years ago

The best place for Romo is Houston. Great defense, good receivers, good RB, and a really weak division.

#8885 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

The best place for Romo is Houston. Great defense, good receivers, good RB, and a really weak division.

How does their O-line compare to Denver's?

#8886 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How does their O-line compare to Denver's?

Pretty much any o-line in the NFL is going to compare favorably to Denver's. From what I've read, Houston's o-line is solid, but not Dallas-good. Still, if Romo's thinking about his health (which he should be), Houston is the safer bet. Plus they're in a creampuff division so making the playoffs shouldn't be a problem, and a ring is presumably all Romo's playing for at this point.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Except he's, literally and sadly, 10 times the QB Manning was at the end. Meaning he can throw a ball 50 yards

I think Romo has more left in the tank than Manning did at that point, at least as far as throwing ability and movement goes.

Manning was a question mark coming off the neck surgery when Denver signed him, but he was superb his first two seasons here. Of course Romo has more going for him now than Manning did in his last season (you could say that for pretty much any QB in the NFL, including Denver's current QB 1 and 2). But Romo has a solid track record of serious injuries and chronic back problems, so I'd put them in different categories of risk -- Manning was an "if", Romo is a "when."

Doesn't mean it couldn't work, of course. Romo's got a great arm and as a Giants fan I've suffered through my share of his crazy shoot-out performances. I'm just skeptical that he can stay healthy long enough to make the kind of difference Manning did for Denver.

#8887 7 years ago

New fastest 40 at the combine
WR John Ross 4.22 seconds
Lost a million bucks by running in Nikes.

#8888 7 years ago

Reuben Foster kicked out of combine, cementing his status as the Bengals' pick

#8889 7 years ago

Belichick just hijacked Rich Eisen's headset at the combine. Throws a quick shot at the nfl. Pretty funny.

#8890 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Reuben Foster kicked out of combine, cementing his status as the Bengals' pick

Low blow bro. Is Titans stadium still playing clips from Remember the Titans to get the ten people there pumped up!! Haha. Us little guys need to stick together......

#8891 7 years ago

We graduated to Rudy quotes now. I counted dozens of fans last time I went. Most were wearing Colts jerseys!

#8892 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

glad it is not Chicago!

Time to gas up the Mike Glennon wagon!?

#8893 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Manning was a question mark coming off the neck surgery when Denver signed him, but he was superb his first two seasons here. Of course Romo has more going for him now than Manning did in his last season (you could say that for pretty much any QB in the NFL, including Denver's current QB 1 and 2). But Romo has a solid track record of serious injuries and chronic back problems, so I'd put them in different categories of risk -- Manning was an "if", Romo is a "when."
Doesn't mean it couldn't work, of course. Romo's got a great arm and as a Giants fan I've suffered through my share of his crazy shoot-out performances. I'm just skeptical that he can stay healthy long enough to make the kind of difference Manning did for Denver.

After the neck surgery Manning said his problem was gripping the ball. That's why he wore the glove. It was definitely what made his last season so hard to watch. The arm strength was still there but the grip came and went which caused many floaty and wobbly passes.

#8894 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

After the neck surgery Manning said his problem was gripping the ball. That's why he wore the glove. It was definitely what made his last season so hard to watch. The arm strength was still there but the grip came and went which caused many floaty and wobbly passes.

I think he attributed much of his trouble the last season to foot problems.

#8895 7 years ago

I guess three straight years of respectability was just too much to ask for.

It's humiliating and depressing being a Redskins fan.

#8896 7 years ago

Bills keeping Tyrod was the best thing they could have done. Without a doubt, better than anyone else they would have gone after.

#8897 7 years ago

Current rumor is Romo gets cut this Thursday, and that Denver remains very interested. Still not sure how I feel about it, depends if we can get him without breaking the bank and if Elway is able to leverage that into getting a better o-line together (I assume offensive linemen prefer to play for a top-notch QB that will make them look good). I understand it's a limited free-agent pool and a thin draft class, so not sure how much better that o-line's going to get.

Disturbing stat I saw recently is that in 13 seasons in the NFL, Romo played all 16 games in only four of them. Again, not sure why Romo'd want to park his glass jaw behind Denver's o-line. He's not beating Manning at chess anytime soon, but still ...

#8898 7 years ago

If Romo couldn't stay healthy behind a solid Dallas offensive line how is he going to survive in Denver?

#8899 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's humiliating and depressing being a Redskins fan.

Evidently Cousins finds it humiliating and depressing to play for the Redskins.

#8900 7 years ago

That's Elway's problem as a gm. He thinks they're just a qb away from winning yet wastes a first round pick last year on a qb and refuses to give him a chance to develop. How about rebuild the line and grow with Lynch or the northwestern kid?

Romo is half the QB Manning was. I'd rather have a washed up pizza pimp noodle arm today then Romo and his broken everything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

There are 75,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 1,515.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/178 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.